Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

That warm and fuzzy feeling.
Job interview this wed, so :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I kind of have a plan for involving the marines in the plot but it involve green foam rubber genestealer outfits.

Jolinaxas
Oct 24, 2012

I'm in the business of...
Absolution
Corvax is very good at disguise and has a set of carapace, so he can pass as a jacked up human - would only having to disguise one marine (or is it two?) change anything? Honestly, as long as no one leaves any shells, we could just have the marines provide and secure the exit strategy of whatever the humans do. That'll keep us out of sight.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Jolinaxas posted:

Corvax is very good at disguise and has a set of carapace, so he can pass as a jacked up human - would only having to disguise one marine (or is it two?) change anything? Honestly, as long as no one leaves any shells, we could just have the marines provide and secure the exit strategy of whatever the humans do. That'll keep us out of sight.

That's kind of what I was thinking for this mission. The marines can be the ones that sit back and ambush the arbites when they show up. In theory the humans, if good enough, could sneak their way into one of the locations and even make the emergency call to the arbites from the inside. Or just start attacking the place.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Also we have a shitton of bolt pistols left over, they're human sized so if the marines don't mind downgrading for a mission, covering up ballistic forensics shouldn't be an issue.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer

Ronwayne posted:

I kind of have a plan for involving the marines in the plot but it involve green foam rubber genestealer outfits.

I had part of a plan last night, and it involved flesh-moulding some poor idiots off the streets to have four arms and painting them purple.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

Ignorance, the root of all evil
I am pretty good at Deceive and have disguise stuff too.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
You better set govtcheese straight then.

Hell, you practically wouldn't need a deceive check to be a douchey noble.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Just so I am clear, the plan is definitely to go with the Tithe Center? Then is the plan to put the marines into the back of a truck, bluff your way inside, kill folks, and when the arbites arrive use the place's fortifications against them?

Exit plan is?

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
I'll post and catch up this weekend. Thought I had more time but some stuff sneaked up on me. Again.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Werix posted:

Just so I am clear, the plan is definitely to go with the Tithe Center? Then is the plan to put the marines into the back of a truck, bluff your way inside, kill folks, and when the arbites arrive use the place's fortifications against them?

Exit plan is?

Keep shooting. maybe go out the back.

Well, I got a cammy cloak, dunno about the rest of you.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Werix posted:

Exit plan is?

Put Marines in truck, bluff way past guard. Let team-violent out to do murder murder murder, have those who are not taking part flee out the front with everyone else, those who remain steal boat/walk along the riverbed in their fancy armour.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I have deceive and magic face-changing drugs so we should be able to pin this on anyone we like.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
So, so you folks want to make a little mission of stealing a truck and uniforms and such, or should we hand wave that stuff and fast forward right to the bluffing past the gates?

I don't care either way, I just want to be sure. If you all ain't interested in every little detail, I'm fine with glossing over stuff.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

We got the officer uniform, stealing some grunt's uniform to dress up whats'-er-face, the one with the racoon makeup, shouldn't be that hard. I'm for skipping over that. We could do a quick trip to make off with a PDF truck but, yeah. I can send my minion to hijack one for us. Hell, I can sent her to DRIVE the truck and literally ghostride it.

ed: how grody does Xanatova look? Any chance for passing as a "normal" techpriest, or is there too many tentacles here?

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Ronwayne posted:

We got the officer uniform, stealing some grunt's uniform to dress up whats'-er-face, the one with the racoon makeup, shouldn't be that hard. I'm for skipping over that.

Don't forget that both malicious onion and goatface are talky characters, and were doing it long before you came along. One of them may want to be in front too.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

k. But I do want to be useful since uh, my original schtick is no more. (Well, get-away driver is still in the cards)

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Boli probably isn't even interested in going.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Boli probably isn't even interested in going.

What is he interested in then?

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I don't know. Does this planet have a free press? He might be interested in stirring up some poo poo with the civvies.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
We can try to find something here along those lines if Boli wishes to avoid combat.

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Perhaps implant yourself in the garrison as a ministorum priest or elsewhere and start casting suspicion all over the place.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Oooh, that could be fun. Go into the massive murder event, come out of it as a ministorum priest who has lost his unit, and *gasp* The unit history! Oh! The fire will have burned all our records! It was only last month that the Noble House minister refused our budget for fireproof safes. If only they hadn't been so short sighted, we could have purchased some of the fine models produced by Righteous Rick and Sons, that extremely well regarded brand of the common man...

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Oooh, that could be fun. Go into the massive murder event, come out of it as a ministorum priest who has lost his unit, and *gasp* The unit history! Oh! The fire will have burned all our records! It was only last month that the Noble House minister refused our budget for fireproof safes. If only they hadn't been so short sighted, we could have purchased some of the fine models produced by Righteous Rick and Sons, that extremely well regarded brand of the common man...

That all sounds like a really great idea, and if that's something you want to do sweet post to that effect in the game thread. Just so everyone knows I want this to be a more open player driven game, so to the extent that all of you think that the current plan is stupid and you rather do something like all of this stuff then let me know. I'm just sort of doing what I think is a good thing to get everyone involved but to the extent the players think that there's better ways to go about things then please voice that.

To the extent that you players want to drive this game I'll let you take the wheel. But to the extent that you all are fine letting me sort of come up with the scenarios I'll go ahead and keep coming up with them.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I will effort-post to that end, but not until tomorrow. Now it is the time for sleep.

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

If Ronwayne wants to play soldier, I'm thinking I can have Pierre pose as local nobility. From there I can plant a seed of distrust and possibly frame the current governor, a la "Bush did 9/11", as well as ingratiate myself to further our own plans later on if needed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pierre pushes from the top, Boli from the bottom? Seems workable.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

To be fair, one idea I had was to kill that chief aide and then ransack his place before moving on to our objective(s). Among other reasons to try and make it seem that whoever's behind this latest series of incidents clearly has something against our politician as well - possibly giving him another angle to play in the elections. Given Hashim's personality it would simply involved spontaneously stepping forward and stabbing, so I ultimately didn't go through with it due to just how much of a surprise it would be to the party.

Other than that haven't really had any good ideas, so mainly just been waiting. Besides, Hashim has Illusion of Normalcy, so he can help with virtually any suggested plan anyways.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

Lord Koth posted:

To be fair, one idea I had was to kill that chief aide and then ransack his place before moving on to our objective(s). Among other reasons to try and make it seem that whoever's behind this latest series of incidents clearly has something against our politician as well - possibly giving him another angle to play in the elections. Given Hashim's personality it would simply involved spontaneously stepping forward and stabbing, so I ultimately didn't go through with it due to just how much of a surprise it would be to the party.

Other than that haven't really had any good ideas, so mainly just been waiting. Besides, Hashim has Illusion of Normalcy, so he can help with virtually any suggested plan anyways.

If the picture is any indication, Mr. Ursa is based on Frank Underwood from house of cards. Sacrificing one of his own for ambition isn't out of the question, but you should probably get on ursa's good graces before killing his number one.

Also I'm out of town on work tonight. Will be home by tomorrow night and will try to post this weekend.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
This game has a lot of social characters, and I want to cater to those social characters more. This question is aimed at all the social characters, but applies more to Maliciousonion right now.

I've reviewed the "Social Encounter" rules from Tome of Excess, and would those social characters, (Monion, Ronwayne, goatface, Jolinaxas) like to try those rules, or stick with the same old opposed tests? I won't use the social encounter rules in every fellowship test; but when dealing with more important NPCs.

I ask because if it's something you all wish to try, I was going to bring it into effect with the Inquisitor that Onion is dealing with right now.

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

I'd prefer to keep the opposed roll. The last thing FFG games need is another minigame :psyduck:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yo, I agree with the above.

On an entirely unrelated note, how would you feel about me rolling FL (something) to invoke a patron deity and spend some of the XP I have banked? I'm currently thinking about spending a moment in devotion and shedding a bit of blood to invoke Khorne and gain Weapon Training (chain), if and when it becomes necessary. If it fails, something interesting could happen. Interesting is always good.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013

goatface posted:

Yo, I agree with the above.

On an entirely unrelated note, how would you feel about me rolling FL (something) to invoke a patron deity and spend some of the XP I have banked? I'm currently thinking about spending a moment in devotion and shedding a bit of blood to invoke Khorne and gain Weapon Training (chain), if and when it becomes necessary. If it fails, something interesting could happen. Interesting is always good.

Only spending exp during down sessions!!!!!

Nah, I'm kidding spend what you want. If you fail your FL (whatever) test by 3 or more DoF it will summon a rampaging bloodletter, deal?

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~

Werix posted:

Only spending exp during down sessions!!!!!

Nah, I'm kidding spend what you want. If you fail your FL (whatever) test by 3 or more DoF it will summon a rampaging bloodletter, deal?

I'm down with that idea, ha!

MaliciousOnion
Sep 23, 2009

I'd mainly be concerned that running the social encounter rules would mean others are doing nothing for longer. Otherwise I'm fairly indifferent.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
And thus you have spoken! We will not use the social encounter rules and just stick with opposed tests for social tests.

Werix
Sep 13, 2012

#acolyte GM of 2013
Okay, govtcheese wants to solid snake this, and dyne had come back from the dead to poo poo on the parade.

Can we handle this like adults and come to a compromise? Or do i have to GM fiat poo poo?

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

also aren't we trying to make this look like not-chaos? Plauge bringers kinda uh, make it hard to do. I'm sure we can find a use for the filth. Just as I'm searching for the command center, can't we also search for the sewage controls and possibly flood this place? (Alternately, look for a methane build up and detonate that)

tl;dr:

Olanphonia
Jul 27, 2006

I'm open to suggestions~
Much as I like the idea of going daemon bonkers over here, definitely want to make it plausibly the work of genestealers or hybrids.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ronwayne
Nov 20, 2007

Remind me again what the hell we're supposed to do once these dudes are dead? Something something let boli get rescued/arrested and let him bullshit from there?

ed: also for next silenced weapon, silenced autopistol with manstoppers or silenced handcannon?

Ronwayne fucked around with this message at 03:37 on May 12, 2015