Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Yeah, that episode was probably the best this season, and a refreshing take on a staple challenge. On top of the correct queen being brought back, we finally get a decent amount of workroom footage and plenty of queen backstories.

I think it was pretty funny how Kandy's workroom storytime got overshadowed by Tempest's and Trixie's.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

gandlethorpe posted:

Yeah, that episode was probably the best this season, and a refreshing take on a staple challenge. On top of the correct queen being brought back, we finally get a decent amount of workroom footage and plenty of queen backstories.

I think it was pretty funny how Kandy's workroom storytime got overshadowed by Tempest's and Trixie's.

she didn't even get a confessional quote from untucked! just a sort of "wtf?" face at a comment Fame made. poor Kandy Who? :(

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

OH GOD MRS KASHA DAVIS HAS A BOX OF WINE AND I'M HAVING A PANIC ATTACK. STOP. IT.

(unrelated drag note: saw Christeene over the weekend and Goddrat. I was in the front row and I'm pretty sure I have pink eye now)

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

(unrelated drag note: saw Christeene over the weekend and Goddrat. I was in the front row and I'm pretty sure I have pink eye now)
(Isn't she amazing?

My husband and I went to see her awhile back, and he said "This is fantastic. This is the worst thing I've ever seen. Please, please God, don't let her notice me."

We had a shot at the front row and emphatically did not take it. You're brave. )

spite house fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Apr 22, 2015

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

overseer07 posted:

Would one of you be so kind as to capture a gif of Pearl and Trixie walking the runway? They were wearing the exact dress my wife wore as her wedding dress!

Here ya go!

Crap, the green screen is showing on the first one. Lemme fix that. (Ugh, apparently, I can't. I'll try later.)

Bina fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Apr 22, 2015

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
I finally got a chance to watch the episode and it's what I was hoping for. Trixie came back, Ginger didn't go home, I still love Katya, a lot of workroom time and not a goddamn acting challenge in sight. Thank you lord.

PostsYouCanDanceTo
Sep 23, 2005

I wanted Jaidynn/Tempest to go full Kuato and design the outfit to look like they had one body with just Jaidynn's arms and head sticking out.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.

PostsYouCanDanceTo posted:

I wanted Jaidynn/Tempest to go full Kuato and design the outfit to look like they had one body with just Jaidynn's arms and head sticking out.

Oh my god that would've been so amazing.

buddychrist10
Nov 4, 2009

Obtuse.....even hokey.
Logo put up another version of the episode with Alaska doing commentary again.
http://www.logotv.com/shows/rupauls...rpdr#id=1735587
This time she's joined by Shangela.

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
Regarding Christeene, I think she can smell fear. Rebecca Havemeyer gave my straight boyfriend some personal attention during a Beyoncé number while we were out at bingo and it was magical.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

Bina posted:

Here ya go!

Crap, the green screen is showing on the first one. Lemme fix that. (Ugh, apparently, I can't. I'll try later.)

Awesome, thank you!

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Untucked this season is just fantastic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heaAKxt9sHM

Katya I love you. I also like how honest Ginger was about "gently caress those bitches, why are they coming back?" as compared to all the "omg my sisterrrr might come back."

EDIT: Is it just me or is the old vs. young queens rivalry either being played up more or just existing more obviously this season

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WMG29xyaTEw

I missed Latrice and her laugh :haw:

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
I feel like I should be totally thrilled for next week's theme (John Waters ), but it looks like another team acting challenge.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate

Speed Crazy posted:

I feel like I should be totally thrilled for next week's theme (John Waters ), but it looks like another team acting challenge.

I hope at least most of the queens are familiar with the source material. But I'm sure a producer will tell them to feign ignorance.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Detox needs to intervene and tell everyone she's loving had it officially with all these acting challenges.

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

I swear to the loving Drag Goddesses that if Katya goes home on that kind of challenge I will flip. my. wig. given that she is practically Russian Divine for the Post-Perestroika Era.

Not Today Satan posted:

Detox needs to intervene and tell everyone she's loving had it officially with all these acting challenges.

I never thought I would miss the Project Runway challenges this badly, but yes, I actually want MORE dressmaking and queens complaining about how they don't know how to sew this season, not less.

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer
Finally got our power back after the big cyclone so I just saw the episode last night. Yay Trixie's back!

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I know she's not too popular here but I love Ginger Minj right down to her bitter catty attitude. I want Katya to win (because she's the fuckin' best) but I want Ginger in the top three. Nobody else is screaming top three material to me yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Xibanya posted:

I know she's not too popular here but I love Ginger Minj right down to her bitter catty attitude.
I like her too. She's old-school in her bitter cattiness, she's really good at rising to the occasion, and she can paint for the gods.

She will probably win, but if mom doesn't make top 3 at least I am done. Officially.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
This thread has been what I needed. I love drag race! And discussing drag race incessantly.

I really hope Kennedy goes home soon, but Ru seems to have such a lady boner for her. Queens that shout about other people "not deserving" to be there is my one real pet hate (well that and snatching your wig in a lsfyl), if you truly know you're more talented than another queen, step to sending them home, don't bitch and whinge.

Is usually the queens that bitch about undeserving queens that get sent home early while the attacked queen steals the show (ahem, sharon, jinkx, adore... The list goes on) or goes on to have the most amazing career post-drag race a la Queen Willam.

I have a question for you guys; out of all the queens you've seen live, who's impressed you most?

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

This thread has been what I needed. I love drag race! And discussing drag race incessantly.

I really hope Kennedy goes home soon, but Ru seems to have such a lady boner for her. Queens that shout about other people "not deserving" to be there is my one real pet hate (well that and snatching your wig in a lsfyl), if you truly know you're more talented than another queen, step to sending them home, don't bitch and whinge.

Is usually the queens that bitch about undeserving queens that get sent home early while the attacked queen steals the show (ahem, sharon, jinkx, adore... The list goes on) or goes on to have the most amazing career post-drag race a la Queen Willam.

I have a question for you guys; out of all the queens you've seen live, who's impressed you most?

Out of drag race contestants I have only seen Jasmine live so uh....

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013
(I double posted out of sheer excitement)

What was jasmine like? I despised he on the show!

aDecentCupOfTea fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Apr 24, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
I thought her drag the night I saw her looked better than the drag on the show. She was wearing a golden trenchcoat-esque dress (similar to the one she wore on the show but it revealed more leg and had a more elaborate neckline) and I thought she was lovely. She was chatting with random people and seemed very nice.

Although while we're on the topic, out of drag queens ever I'm biased because my best friend is a drag queen - he's the one who got me into Drag Race by putting it on when I came over!

Austinites, if you get the opportunity, go support the fabulous Edie Eclat

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Xibanya posted:

I know she's not too popular here but I love Ginger Minj right down to her bitter catty attitude. I want Katya to win (because she's the fuckin' best) but I want Ginger in the top three. Nobody else is screaming top three material to me yet, but I'll be keeping an eye out.

I like Ginger a lot as a performer, and she's fun in conversations in the workroom too. My only complaint about Ginger is that she clearly has a sense of entitlement, like she's supposed to win every challenge and if she doesn't there was something unfair about the process. She reminds me of a pouty kid whose parents have given her everything she wants. It ain't cute, but then when she performs she really does turn it out and all is forgiven.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013

Xibanya posted:

I thought her drag the night I saw her looked better than the drag on the show. She was wearing a golden trenchcoat-esque dress (similar to the one she wore on the show but it revealed more leg and had a more elaborate neckline) and I thought she was lovely. She was chatting with random people and seemed very nice.

Although while we're on the topic, out of drag queens ever I'm biased because my best friend is a drag queen - he's the one who got me into Drag Race by putting it on when I came over!

Austinites, if you get the opportunity, go support the fabulous Edie Eclat

Oooh she looks JUST like Tamsin Greig!

I went to see Manila this week and she was incredible! My friend and I put a lot of work into making him a Cookie Monster costume a la manila and she LOVED it, took him up on stage for photos and even tweeted/instagrammed/facebooked their picture after! It has over 3,000 likes!

(We are crazy fans that dress up as the queens we go to see- Adore once sang "Hello I Love You" to me acapella on stage because I was dressed as her from that video, it was intense!)

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

Oooh, good question.

My best one isn't a Drag Race girl and never will be -- Squeaky Blonde. She's terrifying and transgressive and sings like an angel and talks like the Devil, and every time I go to see her (which is often, because she lives in my neighborhood) guaranteed I'll be thinking about her performance for days afterward. Her drag daughter Fade-dra Phey is something else too. A good friend of mine knows both of them personally and well, and he says "Those people are dangerous. Like literally, don't ever get in a car with them dangerous." I like that in my drag.

#2 has gotta be Christeene Vale, who genuinely thinks she's a princess.

As for Drag Race girls, Raven is always wonderful even though she's soused half the time. Detox must be seen live to be believed, and is a genuine sweetheart. And I was completely unprepared for how supernaturally beautiful Jinkx Monsoon is in person. She's funny and nice and charismatic as hell, all expected per her season, but mostly she'll just eat your eyes up. Also she's enormous, and smells great.

spite house fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Apr 24, 2015

Xibanya
Sep 17, 2012

Clever Betty
That cookie monster costume looks amazing! Your friend is looking lovely indeed! Well done!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

Despite being openly gay and regularly out in the gay scene, I've only managed to ever see one drag show ever. And it was... Tatiana... at her home club Town here in Washington, DC.

She looked great. But she was really, really boring. She wasn't even really performing, she was just lip syncing while walking around and collecting money from the audience.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

spite house posted:

#2 has gotta be Christeene Vale, who genuinely thinks she's a princess.

This is the only picture I managed to snap from last weekend's show. Seconds later Christeene pulled a camera from another dude in the crowd, jammed it into her bare rear end, shoved it halfway down her throat and then politely handed it back to the guy. I have no idea how I managed to dodge that bullet, but I'm glad I did.

spite house posted:

As for Drag Race girls, Raven is always wonderful even though she's soused half the time.
One day Raven's gonna roll through Portland and I'm gonna tell her we grew up in the same shithole town. I'll break out a high school yearbook and we'll burn it together.

...though my family relocated from L.A. to Victorville for work reasons when I was a kid, Raven was born in Victorville. That idea hurts my goddamn head.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Strongly considering buying tickets for DragCon and attending with my best friend who introduced me to the show.

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Holy poo poo, I'm gonna need this shir-THIRTYFIVEDOLLARS?!

PsychoticKitten
Sep 14, 2009

Cupcake of Doom
I'd have to say my favourite drag queen on stage was definitely Alaska. No matter who else was on stage with her she killed.
The queen that surprised me the most has to be Ivy Winters. I liked her on the show but watching her do at least 6 costume changes on stage during one song was ridiculously impressive. Her lipsync on stilts came in close second.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

caligulamprey posted:

Holy poo poo, I'm gonna need this shir-THIRTYFIVEDOLLARS?!

I just want this as a giant back patch for my vest because :allears:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

caligulamprey posted:

One day Raven's gonna roll through Portland and I'm gonna tell her we grew up in the same shithole town. I'll break out a high school yearbook and we'll burn it together.

...though my family relocated from L.A. to Victorville for work reasons when I was a kid, Raven was born in Victorville. That idea hurts my goddamn head.
Victorville is seriously a standout shithole, and since Raven is from there I do not blame her one second for her blood type being Sauza.

Aphra Bane
Oct 3, 2013

Xibanya posted:

I think my annoyance with Ginger stems from the fact that I had high hopes for her going in, but then she ended up being more toad than glamour for a lot of the time. Hard to outright dislike her though. I'd say she's probably in the top 3 at this point too. Others ... well Katya I would hope, natch. Maybe Violet? Fame doesn't seem like she'll last till the end, Pearl's arc has basically reached it's conclusion now, whereas Violet's got a slow burn arc going on that will probably carry her to the end. Kennedy doesn't scream top 3. She's got a good track record with with the judges but for that dead horse/phoenix outfit alone I'd be pissed to see her in the finals. Her not getting judged on that outfit was a bigger crime than Trixie getting the boot. Oh yeah and Trixie's probably sticking around for a bit longer but not too much longer. I'd kinda like to see her face off against Pearl again but win. Or lose again :laugh:

Nyeehg
Jul 14, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I saw Willam live not too long ago and she was a joy to watch. In addition to the expected singing live, she did a lot of audience interaction, the highlight being a live beat down which culminated in shaving a busted queens pits on stage.

She also grabbed an assistant from the audience but quickly dumped his rear end once he started trying to hog the audiences attention. It was a fun night.

aDecentCupOfTea
Jan 13, 2013

Nyeehg posted:

I saw Willam live not too long ago and she was a joy to watch. In addition to the expected singing live, she did a lot of audience interaction, the highlight being a live beat down which culminated in shaving a busted queens pits on stage.

She also grabbed an assistant from the audience but quickly dumped his rear end once he started trying to hog the audiences attention. It was a fun night.

We're you at Shade Newcastle by any chance?

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

aDecentCupOfTea posted:

It's hard for me to decide on one so I'll narrow it down to three from the show. Bianca was hilarious each time we saw her, Alaska was a freakin' riot, and Adore was just wow. As for non contestants, echoing the love for Christeene.

Ginger really reminds me a lot of the southern women I've grown up around. They're not intentionally catty but they do have a knack for saying one thing and then turning around and saying another. Kinda like when Sasha came back and Ginger told her she was glad they got paired up, but in the talking head segment she admitted it was a lie. While it's shady it's just some weird southern thing where they feel like they have to diffuse the situation with kindness even if it isn't true. I've never understood it either, but I can see why people would get so turned off by it.

gandlethorpe posted:

Strongly considering buying tickets for DragCon and attending with my best friend who introduced me to the show.

Please go! Take pictures, notes, and report back! Anyone else going?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Michelle Visage is doing an AMA if anyone cares: https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/3428gj/im_michelle_visage_you_might_recognize_me_from/

• Locked thread