Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Maj._Victory
Sep 16, 2007

BUILD MORE CITY WALLS!
Ramrod XTreme

Powershift posted:

it still doesn't seem as quick, and is obviously nowhere near as durable as the armored karuma. My hobby when i'm just dicking around is banging up random people's pimped rides as much as humanly possible by chasing them around and running them into stuff. it seems only supercars are able to get any distance from a karuma.

In my experience the kuruma has better acceleration and, of course, durability. Comparatively, the sultan has much better handling and a little better top speed. I usually find myself passing kurumas in my sultan driving to missions, but if I hit anything they catch up pretty quick. I like bringing a car that isn't an armored kuruma to mix things up a bit, but its hard to ignore the convenience of just being able to shoot up everything without a care in the world. If I want to get poo poo done without thinking I'll take the kuruma, but if I want to have fun, I'll take something else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

How many races does it take to unlock everything available from races?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

ijyt posted:

How many races does it take to unlock everything available from races?

fiddy. some paint colors might take 100 turbo starts. i think hot pink is the last

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Songbearer posted:

Any idea if a Technical or mounted gun Insurgent can be choplifted by a Cargobob? Is it stable enough to, say, have someone man the gun while being swung around? Just curious.

I know you can pick the insurgent up, but it's so heavy that it's not really practical.

Roshambo
Jan 18, 2010

Powershift posted:

fiddy. some paint colors might take 100 turbo starts. i think hot pink is the last

Did you make your avatar yourself or did someone buy it for you? Amazing.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

What the hell is a turbo start. I just want cabernet red

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

What the hell is a turbo start. I just want cabernet red

Basically step on the gas the moment the race is go, accelerates you more than normal.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Madame Ovary posted:

My Sultan is my baby.

Also, no one seems to want to impromptu race OR do a whole rally, which are both my daily objectives, and it's annoying.

I spent 45 minutes looking for a Sultan yesterday. I knew how to find one at the jail parking lot, but couldn't get one to spawn. Finally found one, got it kitted up, I'm happy. I joined a session with a buddy.. and there's one sitting right in front of me at spawn.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

orcane posted:

Basically step on the gas the moment the race is go, accelerates you more than normal.

Can I grind turbo starts solo or should I join one of the hundreds of unfun pubbie races

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Roshambo posted:

Did you make your avatar yourself or did someone buy it for you? Amazing.

Oh i earned it, and i love it. some dude said 320hp was too much for a street car and i called him a clown.

Heist difficulty definitely scales with host level. started a heist with a level 26 host, and i was just mowing down the swat dudes like they were puppies.

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Can I grind turbo starts solo or should I join one of the hundreds of unfun pubbie races

pretty sure you can grind solo, but why. racing can sometimes be fun and even if you lose you can get turbo starts.

turbo starts are just for paint colors. performance mods come from race wins. some paint colors come from stunt jumps.

Mokbek
Dec 19, 2014

Call Me The Shocker
So I just came across a gentleman named ReflectedTaco running around with a chimp model and setting $9999999999 bounties on a dude who went hiding in his own apartment.

It seems like the olden days of infinite money bounties are coming back. :getin:

Shrinkage
Oct 23, 2010
If anyone wants to trade wins for super cars on PC, add me "dudewheresmy".

I'll be on for the next few hours, too.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Mokbek posted:

So I just came across a gentleman named ReflectedTaco running around with a chimp model and setting $9999999999 bounties on a dude who went hiding in his own apartment.

It seems like the olden days of infinite money bounties are coming back. :getin:

Ahahaha, yesss. Think I might hit that guy up and see if he'd be willing to place one on me next time i'm online so I can hide out and claim it :allears:

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~
I noticed when I am in a game and waiting for it to start I can see my character and his stats and it shows my driving at like half a bar but if I hit pause and look at stats there or hold my character key and look at my online character my driving is 100%?

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

dongsweep posted:

I noticed when I am in a game and waiting for it to start I can see my character and his stats and it shows my driving at like half a bar but if I hit pause and look at stats there or hold my character key and look at my online character my driving is 100%?

It's been hosed up for a while, I think it's transposing the stealth stat.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Couple of goons just ran me down while I was getting into a fist fight with a guy whose car I bumped into. A+ would die again.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

So do most goons use CTS and not ingame chat? I just love joining a freemode with 6 goons on it, none of whom reply to anything.

I did find a goon and a non goon who were on some sort of date. I followed them to a ferris wheel then got in their car, they drove up the highway sight seeing. Eventually I got bored shot some cops, and ended up holed up on the train.

Side note about the train, it looks like if you're hiding on it, and it reaches one of it's programmed stops, it won't go again, so that's annoying.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Powershift posted:

Oh i earned it, and i love it. some dude said 320hp was too much for a street car and i called him a clown.

Heist difficulty definitely scales with host level. started a heist with a level 26 host, and i was just mowing down the swat dudes like they were puppies.

pretty sure you can grind solo, but why. racing can sometimes be fun and even if you lose you can get turbo starts.

turbo starts are just for paint colors. performance mods come from race wins. some paint colors come from stunt jumps.

Also you need to win a rally race, an air race, and a sea race to unlock 3 of the paint colors

dongsweep
Nov 28, 2004

~ P * R * I * D * E ~

im pooping! posted:

It's been hosed up for a while, I think it's transposing the stealth stat.

That makes sense because I'm a ninja in loading screen but I have near zero stealth.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Tried to do prison break with Powershift, but this pilot was not only completely clueless, he also didn't seem to understand any English at all. Powershift google-translated some instructions into Portuguese because the guy had BR in his name, but after retrying a million times because of bugs ("alerting" the cops while driving into the prison? what?) and the pilot dying, we first got hit with the "wanted level sticks even if you're out of LoS of cops" bug, then retried again only for the moron of a pilot to practice low altitude flying - which makes losing the wanted level impossible - before crashing into the ground.

I am indeed cursed :argh:

Heists are the classic GTA 3D-era experience in the HD universe. If you fail you do the whole thing from scratch because gently caress checkpoints and who doesn't like spending 90% of the time driving to objectives. Then if you DO get the mission going bugs prevent you from completing it, please go back to start.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Everytime I did the prison mission, the first guard you walk past starts shooting for no reason so it's a huge firefight.

I still haven't finished.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

orcane posted:

Tried to do prison break with Powershift, but this pilot was not only completely clueless, he also didn't seem to understand any English at all. Powershift google-translated some instructions into Portuguese because the guy had BR in his name, but after retrying a million times because of bugs ("alerting" the cops while driving into the prison? what?) and the pilot dying, we first got hit with the "wanted level sticks even if you're out of LoS of cops" bug, then retried again only for the moron of a pilot to practice low altitude flying - which makes losing the wanted level impossible - before crashing into the ground.

I am indeed cursed :argh:

Heists are the classic GTA 3D-era experience in the HD universe. If you fail you do the whole thing from scratch because gently caress checkpoints and who doesn't like spending 90% of the time driving to objectives. Then if you DO get the mission going bugs prevent you from completing it, please go back to start.

I'm great at Pilot, if you'd allow me to join you. I'mn languishing here, I did all the heists but now I want to do them again and I have no krew.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

So I'm rank 30ish now and I just learned that "hours" were a thing was I can't get a clear idea was I supposed to have those during character creation? I looked into this and despite winning like 20 races and the such my driving skill is like 10% into the first bar still while everything else is maxed so I am thinking that might be why.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I'll go have dinner and then I'll try again, I think I'm up to 10 tries for Prison Break today. I'll send an invite as astronominex (dumb old RSC names FTW I guess) in a bit.

socialsecurity posted:

So I'm rank 30ish now and I just learned that "hours" were a thing was I can't get a clear idea was I supposed to have those during character creation?

They determined your starting stats and parts of your looks, like people who put a lot of hours into illegal activities but not many into sleep look like drugged zombies.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.

Elendil004 posted:

Everytime I did the prison mission, the first guard you walk past starts shooting for no reason so it's a huge firefight.

He's meant to do this.

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Wee Bairns posted:

Holy poo poo, "Rocket's vs Insurgents" might be the best drat game mode to happen to this game, even if it's title bugs me.
Profitable in both RP and cash whether you win or lose, it's loving piles of fun as well.

Expecting it to vanish from jobs lists any time now.

Good news! There's another similar mode called "BIG GUNS VS INSARGENTS" where the sky team has miniguns, grenade launchers and rpgs. Takes place above an overpass, I'm bookmarking the poo poo out of it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

Start taking guards out as soon as you get off the bus, there is no stealth option.

Swagman
Jun 10, 2003

Yes...all was once again peaceful in River City.

Jonesy posted:

Good news! There's another similar mode called "BIG GUNS VS INSARGENTS" where the sky team has miniguns, grenade launchers and rpgs. Takes place above an overpass, I'm bookmarking the poo poo out of it.

assuming that those are both PC jobs do you mind linking them here?

searching the job list on the social site is a nightmare

Two Headed Calf
Feb 22, 2005

Better than One
Does anyone have a link to 'rockets vs insurgents?' I cant find it on rockstars website and for some god awful reason you can only search by hashtags and not titles.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/games/gtav/jobs/job/FWPAL0Nqw0CIibwcoTHqNg

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

THE MISSION IS NOT FOUND.
BROWSE MORE MISSIONS BELOW, OR USE THE SEARCH OPTIONS ABOVE.

Oh well

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Powershift posted:

Start taking guards out as soon as you get off the bus, there is no stealth option.

That's dumb.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

Fishstick posted:

THE MISSION IS NOT FOUND.
BROWSE MORE MISSIONS BELOW, OR USE THE SEARCH OPTIONS ABOVE.

Oh well

try this one

http://rsg.ms/1ac6ac7

man this poo poo is stupid

*I don't know if it just shows up under PS4 or what

im pooping! fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Apr 25, 2015

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Elendil004 posted:

That's dumb.

Yeah I was severely disappointed by this. But it's pretty easy to get through. I guess you can have the officer stay up top and snipe but the way I did it was we both were on the ground and took potshots from cover until everyone was dead.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Elendil004 posted:

That's the point. Win the firefight.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

Once you get down the stairs the firefight is really easy if you take it slow.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Odobenidae posted:

Is there any way to actually get rid of a gun? I don't enjoy cycling through the 8 different pistols every time I want to get my AP one out. Every time I drop a gun it just shows up again when I enter another session.

Anyone found a way to get rid of guns ?
A quick google search returned disapointing results.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Some of you PS4 nerds better be online tonight for shenanigans!

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Finally got this dumb game on PC. It looks like Goon Street and Wezel Action News are both dead. :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

:siren: ATTN: PS4 SCHWEENS :siren:

"BIG GUNS vs INSARGENTS"

"ROCKET's vs INSURGENTS"

Easily 20k for a match (set to 1st to 4 rounds) and a good bit of RP. Also, they're hella fun. Also, whoever made these are more talented fun-crafters than they are writers, the titles hurt to read.

• Locked thread