Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

I miss Shirobako, immensely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

aers posted:

Hoozuki no Reitetsu

hows that show anyway, i thought it looked interesting but it had like 0 impact here

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I liked it. Episodes were hit or miss but it did hit a lot. The OP is amazing.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Spiritus Nox posted:

I'd rather get the Aerial Squadron, myself.

Seconding.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i know what spinoff i want

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

same

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Personally I want season 3 to be the girls like 5 years later gathering all their contacts and forming a little studio to make their project from high school and then that comes out as a film as well, separately.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

aers posted:

The only shows in 2014 that outsold Shirobako are, in order of sales:
Hoozuki no Reitetsu

Huh, I didn't realize that show was so popular. I couldn't really get into it myself.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Davincie posted:

Yes! baseball might be duller than watching paint that has already dried but anime can make it interesting.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

Davincie posted:

I would unironically watch the poo poo out of this.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I think the gimmick on any of the potential spin-offs would wear thin after, at most, a few episodes. Therefore, they should make just 1-3 episodes of each and string them together as a one cour show while they're figuring out how to make Shirobako season 2 as awesome as the first.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
It might work best if they just animated the climactic episode of each:
  • GothLoli Baseball team competes at Koushien against a normal highschool team!
  • Exodus! girls run away on horses or whatever!
  • Aerial Girls girl decides to fly again and fucks up the commies or whoever it is they're supposed to fight!
  • Seven Lucky Gods do... lucky... god... things.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Oh I see! This must be the Bad Opinion Zone!
Shirobako spin-offs of the shows within shows are intrinsically a bad idea. The point is that these premises are appearing in this show because they are premises that they aren't interested in making anime of. Otherwise they wouldn't be making Shirobako, they'd be making those other shows instead!

ZiegeDame
Aug 21, 2005

YUKIMURAAAA!
Exodus was a bad show and the ending was stupid. :colbert:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

ZiegeDame posted:

Exodus was a bad show and the ending was stupid. :colbert:

Spoken like someone who hasn't seen the director's previous show, Jiggly Jiggly Heaven. Now that was a trainwreck.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

RoboHaru would be a great one cour show though.

devtesla
Jan 2, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I've seen many shows where mecha pilots go through puberty, but shows where the mecha itself goes through puberty? Well that's a twist I can't resist.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties
God drat PA Works, a bunch of sellouts.

Slightly :nws:

http://i.imgur.com/7BtAahO.jpg

edit:

quote:

Shirobako’s final dakimakura features the brunette Ema, who isn’t only playful like her friends, but turns out to be a nymphomaniac as one side of the pillow cover has her excitedly removing her clothing.

The other Shirobako dakimakura aligned with what we see on the front of this one. Clothing is coming undone slowly, and with a sense of embarrassment. However, the reverse end of the previous three would be a tease and little more, with the girls still maintaining their embarrassed look. It basically kept in line with what you’d expect out of a good, honest anime girl in an intimate scenario.

This pillow goes against expectations though, revealing Ema to be unlike most other anime girls.

Ema is more timid than embarrassed on the front, and that perhaps alludes to what we learn of her on the other end. After her first time, she becomes addicted. Look at her face, she’s unusually happy as she’s throwing her clothing off her body. Visage full of pleasure, and eyes affixed our way – it’s like she knows she knows this is what it takes to stimulate a man’s lascivious desires, and based on the inevitable lower body response a man will have, she’s pleased to see how happy we are to see her.

None of the other Shriobako girls expose this much of their bare body, while Ema is only a second away from stripping off her top. Her arms have the ends of her blouse in her delicate hands, the image frozen just short of her pulling the cloth away to show us everything she has.

There are a lot of raunchy and naughty dakimakura out there, but this isn’t either of those, it’s not naughty or illicit so much as it an expression of pure unadulterated affection. Ema looks like she couldn’t be happier to have us get on top of her naked body and fill her with children, and neither could we really.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Razzled
Feb 3, 2011

MY HARLEY IS COOL
Yes we get it, now can you mouth breathers stop making GBS threads the thread up with this garbage?

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
The real villain is capitalism.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Shirobako - "Good, honest Anime Girls"

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Zettace posted:

Phobophilia
Apr 26, 2008

by Hand Knit

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Shirobako: Ema turns out to be a nymphomaniac

Grim Up North
Dec 12, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

Shirobako: Ema turns out to be a nymphomaniac
Turns out Shirobako's portrayal of the producers was way too positive.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Zettace posted:

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Grim Up North posted:

Turns out Shirobako's portrayal of the producers was way too positive.

Shirobako is a show made by idealists who tried to be realists.

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

At this rate Shirobako season 2, featuring Aoi's rise to producer, is going to be depressing as hell.

Zettace
Nov 30, 2009
Exodus was already skeevy as hell and Aoi didn't really have a problem with it.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Has there been any word on a US physical release for Shirobako?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

YIKES Stay Gooned posted:

Has there been any word on a US physical release for Shirobako?

Sentai grabbed it so be prepared for a world of disappointment.

Cause Sentai is the U.S version of studio Titanic.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

The Black Stones posted:

Sentai grabbed it so be prepared for a world of disappointment.

Cause Sentai is the U.S version of studio Titanic.

I was looking this up the other day, and I was really disappointed it wasn't NISA. I think they'd have done a really good job with their premium edition treatment.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer
If you're going to post Shirobako dakis and complain about them then at least post the good ones

http://imgur.com/DKDd6X1 :gay:

I haven't seen a Tarou one yet, at least.

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

bump

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ExUOcTiRj40

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

epic work mate

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

I go the extra mile for anime!

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
Shirobako 3.33 You Can (Not) Recap

Fangz
Jul 5, 2007

Now make a movie where Tarou turns into tang, thanks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Fangz posted:

Now make a movie where Tarou turns into tang, thanks

Done:

• Locked thread