Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Baz/Avenger is the best friendship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It'd be worth it to see all the insanely funny burns the Let's Play Userbase would make on the first couple pages.

insanely funny burns like 'ground floor' and 'why would you let's play a visual novel' - guy with dangan ronpa avatar

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also gigantic posts about incest

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Endorph posted:

also gigantic posts about incest

let's be fair you don't need to lp a hentai for that to happen

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
If people can stand Drakengard 3, HA will look almost normal by comparison.

That being said, still a terrible idea for a Let's Play, joke or not.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Endorph posted:

insanely funny burns like 'ground floor' and 'why would you let's play a visual novel' - guy with dangan ronpa avatar

The boys over at LP are nothin to gently caress with.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

drat... saturday morning and i'm on a bus for the next two hours. Can't watch Fate until then.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I liked how they added a scene where Archer wanted to get to know Kazuki better.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i love lancer

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
same

Here are the protagonists for Fate/Grand Order, I like their designs.

Actually, there's a bunch of new stuff on Grand Order you can find on the TM Wikia. Man, I gotta find a way to play this somehow...

Compendium fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Apr 26, 2015

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

i also wish rin were my girlfriend

this show pulls me heart in too many directions

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Compendium posted:

same

Here are the protagonists for Fate/Grand Order, I like their designs.

Actually, there's a bunch of new stuff on Grand Order you can find on the TM Wikia. Man, I gotta find a way to play this somehow...

those are shirou and rin with switched hair colors! gently caress you takeuchi!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

TheLovablePlutonis posted:

those are shirou and rin with switched hair colors! gently caress you takeuchi!

Shirou has a different sort of hair style.

point of return
Aug 13, 2011

by exmarx
It looks sort of between a Shirou and a Kiritsugu.

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Someone refresh my memory - obviously Archer vs Lancer is the next big thing coming in UBW anime, but does Archer vs Shirou come next or was it later down the line?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Archer vs. Lancer, Rin vs. Caster, and Shirou vs. Kuzuki are up next, which culminates in Archer killing the Caster duo and kidnapping Rin. Archer vs. Shirou will be I think an episode or two after the next.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Malek Deneith posted:

Someone refresh my memory - obviously Archer vs Lancer is the next big thing coming in UBW anime, but does Archer vs Shirou come next or was it later down the line?
Archer vs Lancer, Archer vs Saber and all the other temple fights, Archer vs Shirou, Saber vs Kojirou, Shirou vs Gilgamesh, ending.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

beauties of nature is a hella underrated scene imo

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I wonder how they're going to handle the resolution of the Archer vs. Shirou fight. If I'm not mistaken, Archer has a skill that allows him to survive a bit if he receives a mortal blow but doesn't instantly kill him (like Berserker taking his head off or something), so stabbing Archer through the chest like the CG in the VN would fall under that, I think, but it might be tough to communicate that so it doesn't feel like the climax of Shirou vs. Gilgamesh is a deus ex machina. Maybe they'll just have him crumple to the floor so it looks like he's dead.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Just have him fall, but conspicuously not disappear.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

(C82) [SKUG (BUSHI)] Saber ni Chinko ga Haeru Hon | Saber Grew a Dick (Fate/Zero) [English] =SW=

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I had a dream like that

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Good

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > ADTRW > Type-Moon Megathread: Submitting to the might of dick

legoman727
Mar 13, 2010

by exmarx
So Hollow Ataraxia is pretty great.

...Except the Hanafuda. Can someone explain this game to me because it feels like a gigantic luck based bullshit and the tutorial fight with not-Shinji is repeatedly kicking my rear end.

Redmark
Dec 11, 2012

This one's for you, Morph.
-Evo 2013

legoman727 posted:

So Hollow Ataraxia is pretty great.

...Except the Hanafuda. Can someone explain this game to me because it feels like a gigantic luck based bullshit and the tutorial fight with not-Shinji is repeatedly kicking my rear end.

I am apparently only on the first route, but some things to keep in mind are: take note of which cards are involved in important combos (the flower that's in Flower View and Moon View, for instance), denying the combos your opponent has coming up if possible, and to rush to 10 misc cards to end a round if things aren't going your way. Also check the associated month for cards when necessary (mostly when using the Noble Phantasm)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh cool they are scanlating the Strange/Fake manga. First chapter has Gil being summoned in all of his glory.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

There's a second scanned chapter and it's on spanish but i'll try to read it because it has Flatt "ADD magus" Escardos which is a character I really like.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I can't believe it really did take long enough for the HA patch to be released that I could already read Japanese by then.

AfroSquirrel
Sep 3, 2011

I just noticed the first chapter of the Fate/Strange Fake manga in English.

It's off to an excellent Gilgamesh-filled start!

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AfroSquirrel posted:

I just noticed the first chapter of the Fate/Strange Fake manga in English.

It's off to an excellent Gilgamesh-filled start!

So Gilgamesh was just about to spend that Grail War entirely as a kid right until he heared Enkidu roaring?

Honest Ray
Feb 10, 2007

Your bargaining posture is highly dubious.
So why does Enkidu qualify as Lancer and not Berserker going by the source material?

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Honest Ray posted:

So why does Enkidu qualify as Lancer and not Berserker going by the source material?

Some heroes have multiple class options to get summoned as. Cu Chulainn for example could be summoned as a caster, archer, berserker or lancer.

Iretep fucked around with this message at 12:53 on May 1, 2015

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Honest Ray posted:

Also, Berserker is usually not the default class for any servant that can qualify for another class. (e.g., They had to use a modified spell to summon Heracles and Lancelot as berserkers.) I would assume you would only get Berserker without the modified incantation if it was the only class remaining.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Iretep posted:

Some heroes have multiple class options to get summoned as. Cu Chulainn for example could be summoned as a caster, lancer, archer, berserker or lancer.

You've written "lancer" twice there. I'm also not certain about him being possible to be summoned as Archer, got any source on that?

So where exactly do you think next episode will end? My guess is that the last thing we'll her is the final "hint" to Archer's identity ("Trace on") before it's expicitly spelt out. I wonder if the people who STILL havent figured out that Archer is Shirou (I know one such person) will at least catch on that.

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 12:43 on May 1, 2015

Iretep
Nov 10, 2009

Aumanor posted:

You've written "lancer" twice there. I'm also not certain about him being possible to be summoned as Archer, got any source on that?

No source, I'm mostly basing it on the fact that he used a sling apparently in one of his legends.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cu Chulainn could definitely spawn as a lancer, berserker, lancer, or lancer.