Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I just don't get that they made a full-on Resident Evil Diablo game and then didn't include the random spawns part. It's a pretty important part!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Geight posted:

I just don't get that they made a full-on Resident Evil Diablo game and then didn't include the random spawns part. It's a pretty important part!

The first game had... 'ordered' spawns as part of the challenge. Every level was a puzzle to be solved using the tools you had acquired from previous ones. You could brute force them but the trinity bonus could never be acquired that way.
The second game was built on the same engine with minor graphical improvements and whoever came up with the puzzles in the first one just didn't work on this game at all, so they used the same spawning system but didn't design the levels as puzzles.
No random spawns would be fine if the levels were puzzles but they aren't so gently caress this game.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

I never really felt that way about the first game, but I didn't replay the levels nearly as much so I didn't care about the static spawns.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Just as an example: Killing enemies in different orders (and different player positions) would determine the next enemy spawn for the room. If I kill the rogue suicidal enemy before the slashing dude, I'll have to fight a projectile slinging enemy next before a couple of regular mobs that would have spawned closer to me.
There is not a single comparable scenario in the entirety of Rev2's Raid Mode. The spawn order is as static as the spawn positions. Enemies will spawn where you are standing if put yourself right where they should be. (that isn't to say enemies wouldn't do the same in Rev1 but there it would only happen if you knew the order of the enemies and forced the game to do things it was not intended to do)

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Random spawn points or at least spawn order would make raid mode better, I agree.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
They seem pretty done with the game patch-wise sadly, besides Re.net events.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Rev2 just updated today with a couple fixes for Raid mode, one of which claims to prevent uploading "invalid data" to leaderboards.

Also it isn't documented anywhere but it added LADY HUNK and Rachel skins for Gina, a mutated skin for Pedro, and a fourth skin for a character I don't have access to yet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Oh nice, here are the new costumes:

Mutant Pedro

Lady Hunk

Rachel

Last one is a new costume for Cipher, and it's Lottie!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Lady Hunk? Huh. Not complainin', I just didn't see that coming.

Weren't there at least three female Hunkalikes in Operation Raccoon City?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

REmaster has reached 1 million sales.

Capcom, Capcom please. Please, Capcom. Please give us more like this.

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Grinding for that loving sword just got a lot less boring.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
This gives me some hope that we will see more content. Dven if it is paid.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!

therealjon_ posted:

Last one is a new costume for Cipher, and it's Lottie!

Hell goddamn yes.

DanielCross
Aug 16, 2013
Do those new costumes have their own voice clips, or do Lady Hunk and Rachel just sound like Gina?

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

DanielCross posted:

Do those new costumes have their own voice clips, or do Lady Hunk and Rachel just sound like Gina?

Sound like Gina, but Lady hunk has a filter that sounds like shes speaking under the mask. Mutant Pedro also has a filter that makes him sound ghoulish. Lottie does have his own silly voice clips though.

They also sent out the rewards for the drednought event. You have to transfer them from RE.net. The skin is waiting there if you got it.

Edit: Also it seems that they either made or found a high-res version of the wetsuit for Rachel. It is much more detailed and less blurry than Jill's wetsuit skin.

Broose fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Apr 24, 2015

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Is it me, or did the latest update add crazy intense and kinda lovely looking light shafts all over the place? Have they always been there and I've just missed them?

edit:

Like on this raid mode map. Have those always been there? My fps goes from a rock solid 60 to like 35 whenever I look at them and I can't recall that happening before.

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Speedball posted:

Lady Hunk? Huh. Not complainin', I just didn't see that coming.

Weren't there at least three female Hunkalikes in Operation Raccoon City?

It's from the Revelations 1 Raid Mode. Apparently, Lady HUNK was a developer in-joke that made it's way into the final game.

Broose posted:

Sound like Gina, but Lady hunk has a filter that sounds like shes speaking under the mask. Mutant Pedro also has a filter that makes him sound ghoulish. Lottie does have his own silly voice clips though

:zombie:Gracias!:zombie:

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Apr 25, 2015

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
So I just started playing Revelations 2 today, and I had a question. If it sounds more like a complaint... well, it sort-of is.

In the big battle after using the gear key / puzzle... what the hell am I even supposed to do about it? There's too many enemies and not enough ammo to fight head-on, I can't pry open the exit door before they're all over me, and the spinny death trap things randomly lock into place and block off the exits once you start the event. After a couple of deaths I did notice the flamethrower and how to turn it on and block the entrance, but it barely even seems to faze them.... and how the hell was I supposed to know about that on the first attempt, anyway? It's not pointed out at all, and even if you blitz the drat thing, they're on you virtually the instant you can activate it.

Pretty drat frustrating to have died a few times in a row already, to the very beginning of a scenario.

Good Lord Fisher!
Jul 14, 2006

Groovy!

It can be a little tricky, but you need to get Moira working on crowbarring the planks off the door behind the flamethrower. Escape is your goal because those guys spawn infinitely, as far as I could tell.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
That segment is probably one of the toughest parts of the early game just because of how low on supplies you are. The note in the room leading to the exit talks about the fire spitting bust and I guess that's how you're supposed to know to turn it on. The damage the fire does to enemies depends on how long they're standing in it which is kinda dumb, but also the reason Ironheads can survive it, just because their giant health pool outlasts the damage the fire does.

The whole segment is pretty much made for co-op. Their intended order of operations is: Claire spins the bust while Moira turns the crank, then Moira goes to jimmy open the door while Claire gets a head start on defending her... but if you're playing single player it obviously won't work out that way!

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
What I ended up doing my first time, before I knew you could spin the bust or how to turn it on, was leaving AI Moira working on the door while I covered the open gate with the shotgun, then using an explosive bottle to knock over as much of the first wave as I could and escaped into the cellblock. Enemies just keep showing up until you leave, but the two axemen in the first wave are the biggest stumbling block and taking them out at range makes the whole thing a lot easier.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
If you are really having trouble you can always cheese it by having Claire crouch under the spinning blades in the corner. They can't kill Moira and they suicide on the blades, so it removes all the urgency.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
I got through it eventually, but was completely out of ammo and stuck doing stick-and-move with the knife purely as a distraction, taking a few hits in the process. It didn't feel good at all, though.

Barry's follow-up was a joke by comparison.

Magnus Condomus
Apr 23, 2010

Backhand posted:

I got through it eventually, but was completely out of ammo and stuck doing stick-and-move with the knife purely as a distraction, taking a few hits in the process. It didn't feel good at all, though.

Barry's follow-up was a joke by comparison.

Barry's follow up is even more of a joke if you never turn the flaming head on. You can just walk right through the door.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

The enemies in that section are absolutely not infinite, btw, because I cleared that son of a bitch with the total offensive capability of 9 hand gun bullets, 5 shotgun shells and 2 explosive bottles only to be thoroughly disappointed to find out there is absolutely not a thing worth investigating in the rooms that open up to spawn those enemies.

The actual hardest part in the game is working up the energy to replay Claire 3 to choose the "good ending" if you chose the bad one for some reason (read; did not realize you could do the other thing) because that takes for ever.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
The box carrying in Barry 3 is always the hardest part of replaying the game for me because oh my god it's just soooo booooorrriiingggg. Also the first Dhurlga fight sucks because of the close quarters.

I don't know if I should spoiler tag that but I did anyway.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

I finished Barry 3 and just wrote off ever getting the medals/insects I missed. I will never want to replay that drudgery.

Honestly one of the things Revelations 2 really, really could have used was sub chapters. Like Claire 2 and 3 and Barry 3 and 4 have super distinct and different beginning and end sections with very natural transition points but nope, if you missed a medal or something in there gotta replay all of it.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Revelations 2 in general has a ton of really lovely segments, the fire one at the start, Pedro, the fight with the fat-rear end fire spewing guy with constantly respawning enemies(hope you stealth killed the hammer guy before starting), the Barry segment in Chapter 3.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Anybody want to do the level restricted event at lvl 88 with me to get that dumb Natalia sketch avatar?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
One of the weakest parts of raid mode in 2, in my opinion, is how tedious it is to level low level characters, since you basically doing the first gauntlet, second gauntlet, first gauntlet (hard), ad nauseam. I think they could have put in two or three options for leveling at the beginning, since it does seem to branch out a bit as you go up. But maybe my frustation is just because of the volume of characters I've been leveling just to inherit stuff onto wesker.

I also just got my 90 completion medallions which gave me a new top priority for what I want to inherit onto wesker :shepface:

e: On that subject, can anyone confirm if savor the moment synergizes with the katana?

AndroidHub fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Apr 28, 2015

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
They should give you the option to either bank exp or keep using it on your level 100 dude for extra skill points, that way you can level a dude easier with banked exp, would make inheriting much easier as well.

RoanHorse
Dec 12, 2013

Up to level 25 all characters (except for Cypher) should have been receiving experience points. If that were the case getting them to higher levels wouldn't have been boring and unfun.

Raziel 0128
Feb 18, 2011

AndroidHub posted:

e: On that subject, can anyone confirm if savor the moment synergizes with the katana?

As far as I know they don't stack. Melee master stacks with the Katana though.
It was the first thing I tried when I unlocked him as well.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I'd genuinely like to know how long the development cycle was on Rev2. There do seem to be quite a few rookie mistakes built into it, but if it was only green-lit early last year, that'd be somewhat forgivable.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
God Code red is just pure anti fun, at least allow players to be at level 100 so the discrepancy isn't that retarded.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Wanderer posted:

I'd genuinely like to know how long the development cycle was on Rev2. There do seem to be quite a few rookie mistakes built into it, but if it was only green-lit early last year, that'd be somewhat forgivable.

Rev2 suffers from some of the same problems that RE6 did. Really uneven campaigns that are really fun one moment and super dull another moment. Also, half-baked coop. Playing as Moira was ok since you are actively helping, but playing as Natalia just felt pointless to me especially towards the end.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I started playing REmake HD again, and I finally got the Speedrun Trophy using Jill...with a time of 2:57:10! :colbert:

Made a few minor mistakes (Accidentally going into a few wrong rooms etc., screwing up the V-Jolt password and then just deciding to fight the Plant (Which I had never actually done before), etc.), but overall I'm pretty happy with it. This is from a while back, but thanks to the goon who suggested I just forget grabbing the Magnum altogether. If I had gone for that, I would have just missed the deadline for the Trophy, lol. I played this on Normal too which helped, and while I had the Samurai Edge I ended up dropping it way earlier than I thought I would. No real point to it from what I can tell once I grabbed the shotgun.

This game is really fun and cool, and I still haven't even touched Chris' story yet. Can't wait to start messing around with his mode.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Is there a trick to getting through the village in The Struggle without being spotted? Or are you just supposed to not be able to scrounge up many supplies before needing to haul rear end outta there? I thought I was being fairly stealthy until I got spotted seemingly through a wall. :v:

I gotta say though aside from that part eventually causing me to game over in the next mission, I really like how The Struggle is designed. I wish Raid mode combat ever got that intense!

Geight fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Apr 29, 2015

spiff_dedalus
Jul 15, 2004
The best-laid plans of mice and men go oft awry.
Rev2 has reminded me of something I previously realized with both Rev1 and RE6 , which is that I don't understand residentevil.net at all. Am I right that these RE Points are functionally useless, or is there something worth buying on here somewhere?

I'm really enjoying the online co-op raid mode more than I thought I would, especially experimenting with characters and weapons I hadn't given a lot of attention. No idea what the gently caress is up with the online events though. Didn't the other consoles have a month to shoot that giant Dreadnaught thing? I just assumed I'd be able to jump into it a couple times to get a feel for it, before worrying about unlocking that skin...

So, I guess weighing that against the whole "random online co-op has made playing neglected low-level characters really enjoyable for me again" thing. Also picking characters based solely on gimmick pairing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
You can use RE points on residentevil.net to buy raid mode weapon part chests, which contain weapon parts of the quality/rarity you purchase. Then you can transfer those into your game. Other than that there's nothing really worth spending on.