Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

:derp:   :kayak:                                     
Guerrero just hit another one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

Schweinhund posted:

Guerrero just hit another one

Came here to say this. I know Uribe is a great defender and a wonderful clubhouse leader, but stop dicking around, Dodgers.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
And that Dozier IBB gives me a half point loss giving me 2 on the year already :c00lbutt:

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Is Guerrero worth starting next week if my league does weekly lineups? I'm looking to replace Matt Adams in my lineup and my gut is telling me that even if Guerrero is playing off the bench he'll do more with those opportunities than Adams will by starting most days. My only other option would be pick up someone to stick in the 1B slot, and the best available option appears to be Yonder Alonso.

E: After taking a quick look it looks like Alonso has been hitting well this year so I think I'll just pick him up, but I'll leave my little predicament here in case anyone wants to convince me that I'm doing this all wrong.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Went 37/8/37/9 this week with 4 W, 7 SV, and 5 QS and I lost 10-3 to a guy who went 50/12/35/12 :negative:

Bud
Oct 5, 2002

Quite Polite Like Walter Cronkite
Last week's opponent had 12 pitcher starts to my 6, tied me in wins (4 each) by getting 2 out of David Robertson. gently caress closer wins.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
So what's the deal with Marcell Ozuna? Just a slow start in the power department? Or time to look elsewhere?

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
I'd give Ozuna a couple more weeks, he is hitting .288!

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!
How does everybody feel about Melky Cabrera? I got him really cheap in the draft and he's had a pretty slow start. He's my only bench bat and the rest of my OF is Braun, Kemp, Carlos Gonzalez. I feel like one of those dudes will get hurt at some point in the year but I'm thinking about dropping Melky and picking up Alex Guerrero(with intentions to move Guerrero if he starts getting full playing time). Thoughts?

Also, does anyone else hate the little video fantasy tips ESPN does? Specifically, the ones that show up on your team page in the upper right corner. Here's today's headline for the video:

"Tristan H. Cockcroft discusses why Tigers pitcher David Price is worth the start tonight."

The other day it was

"Tristan H. Cockcroft discusses why Reds pitcher Johnny Cueto is worth the start tonight."

Talk about some sleeper picks! Who would have thought that these two top 15 pitchers in all of baseball would be worth starting? I think I will wait to hear that Kershaw is a good start before putting him back in my lineup.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
Melky is one of those fantasy players that no one gets overly excited about, because he doesn't do any one thing particularly well, as in, he doesn't put up amazing numbers in any category. However, he is capable of ~80 runs, ~15 home runs, and a .280 BA (tried to average out his past few years) with some good OBP numbers. He's not going to win you any fantasy crowns, but he is a solid #3 or 4 option in the OF.

You did pick the most injury-prone OF, though.

e: I should have ended this comment by saying I don't think anyone will rush to claim Melky when he's dropped.

DoctaFun
Dec 12, 2005

Dammit Francis!

Twin Cinema posted:

Melky is one of those fantasy players that no one gets overly excited about, because he doesn't do any one thing particularly well, as in, he doesn't put up amazing numbers in any category. However, he is capable of ~80 runs, ~15 home runs, and a .280 BA (tried to average out his past few years) with some good OBP numbers. He's not going to win you any fantasy crowns, but he is a solid #3 or 4 option in the OF.

You did pick the most injury-prone OF, though.

e: I should have ended this comment by saying I don't think anyone will rush to claim Melky when he's dropped.

This is what i needed to hear, I am putting in a bid for Alex for tomorrow. It looks like Mattingly said he is going to get some time in LF as well, ESPN takes 10 games but if he got OF eligibility than it will definitely be a no brainer.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

DoctaFun posted:

This is what i needed to hear, I am putting in a bid for Alex for tomorrow. It looks like Mattingly said he is going to get some time in LF as well, ESPN takes 10 games but if he got OF eligibility than it will definitely be a no brainer.

I don't play on ESPN, but on Yahoo Guerrero is only eligible at OF, what position is he on ESPN?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

2b

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
It's very strange that Guerrero doesn't have 2B eligibility on Yahoo, as he played 50+ games there last year in the minors. At least he'll be getting 3B with one more start.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

All of his games played last year in the majors were in OF last year so it makes sense to me. Yahoo is at least pretty consistent about ignoring minor league work when a player has actual major league data.

Players who don't, though, who knows. Miguel Sano has SS eligibility and Wil Myers had Catcher the year he got called up (though they removed it before the season started).

commish
Sep 17, 2009

weas posted:

It's very strange that Guerrero doesn't have 2B eligibility on Yahoo, as he played 50+ games there last year in the minors. At least he'll be getting 3B with one more start.

Agreed. Regardless of his position, though, he needs to be in that lineup. It's almost malpractice to start Uribe or even Turner.

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

When is josh hamilton due to play again?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Miller time.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
What's going on with McCutchen, he's going to heat up right? I'm in talks about possibly acquiring him, he's asking for Harper and Hamels for Cutch and Miguel Castro. I feel like I shouldn't give up that much for how Cutch is hitting right now but I might be able to get him to take a different pitcher than Hamels. It's a H2H points league if that matters.

Twin Cinema
Jun 1, 2006

Playoffs are no big deal,
don't have a crap attack.
It's still too early to worry about 1st round picks (especially when that pick is McCutchen -- probably the best NL hitter over the past 3 years) under-performing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jingleheimer posted:

What's going on with McCutchen, he's going to heat up right? I'm in talks about possibly acquiring him, he's asking for Harper and Hamels for Cutch and Miguel Castro. I feel like I shouldn't give up that much for how Cutch is hitting right now but I might be able to get him to take a different pitcher than Hamels. It's a H2H points league if that matters.

I wouldn't do that trade even if cutch was playing like he normally does.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

IcePhoenix posted:

I wouldn't do that trade even if cutch was playing like he normally does.

I wouldn't do it either but he seemed willing to negotiate to a more fair deal. I offered him Springer, Papelbon, and Baez for Cutch and then he decided he didn't want to trade anymore, I think he just really wanted Harper. Harper is playing better right now anyway and he'll be cheaper to keep next year so I'm fine with not doing anything.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i recall mccutchen creeping out of the gate a few years back, and then he proceeded to destroy every baseball in sight starting around june. if he's really over that knee issue, he'll be fine. if not, then i do think there's reason for concern.

weas
Jul 22, 2007

Tougher than the
toughest tough guy
:love: :swoon: :love: :swoon: Devon Travis :love: :swoon: :love: :swoon:

tinstaach
Aug 3, 2010

MAGNetic AttITUDE

weas posted:

:love: :swoon: :love: :swoon: Devon Travis :love: :swoon: :love: :swoon:

Alex Guerrero better hit three bombs today because I sat Travis for him, dam you TAS :argh:

VVVVV fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

tinstaach fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Apr 28, 2015

Schweinhund
Oct 23, 2004

tinstaach posted:

Alex Guerrero better hit three bombs today because I sat Travis for him, dam you TAS :argh:

the Dodgers lineup was posted like 4 hours ago and he's not starting so i wouldn't count on that

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm not sure if McCutchen is injured or slumping, apparently he missed a couple of homers by mere feet recently.

Also I should be upset that Guerrero isn't in the lineup but Don Mattingly loves sabotaging his own team.

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
Ottavino on the 15-DL. Axford got the save a few days ago.

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I have a feeling that Castro is not long for this closing world.

JackssWastedLife
Oct 30, 2006

Who do you think would take over in TOR?

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Why did I think drafting John Lackey would work out for me?

Pandanaut
May 26, 2007

goin to the fuckin moon

JackssWastedLife posted:

Who do you think would take over in TOR?

Looks like it's Cecil.

Gregor Chisholm @gregorMLB · 16m 16 minutes ago
Gibbons said that if there was a save situation tonight it would have gone to Cecil. #BlueJays

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
i just need mcgee to come off the DL already so i can jettison castro into the upper stratosphere

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe
I haven't been able to actually watch much baseball so far, so I'm curious if anyone knows how these players have looked:

Springer
CarGo (batting 6th! tonight, and seemingly deservedly so)
Grandal
Chris Archer

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

cargo looks simultaneously healthy as a player and uncomfortable as a hitter. i think the complexity of his swing might have caught up to him. if so, it's fixable, but that will take time. his recovery is by no means guaranteed, mind you.

archer looks like he's stepped forward

no idea on the others

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Apr 28, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I haven't been able to actually watch much baseball so far, so I'm curious if anyone knows how these players have looked:

Springer
CarGo (batting 6th! tonight, and seemingly deservedly so)
Grandal
Chris Archer

Cargo is in the McCutchen category of "are you injured or just slumping?"

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

in other news, i will never understand why anyone drafts jose reyes before like the last round in a massively deep league. i mean, if you're going to go with high risk, high reward at shortstop, why not really do it and draft tulo?

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Apr 28, 2015

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Joaquin Benoit :negative:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Cutch is a slow starter, his career March/April OPS is .767 with no other month below .856. Might've been exacerbated by the knee thing, but he scored from first on a double the other night and it certainly didn't look like he had a leg injury.

Timby, Neil Walker is going to get injured at some juncture, so just be aware of that.

e: Is anybody buying Jake Marisnick?

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Apr 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Encarnacion is really starting to worry me.

• Locked thread