Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

My guy either wears some swim trunks and flip flops or the usual tactical gear.

Also getting a bunch of people in insurgents and ramming other players is the best! gently caress their karumas.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Leopard print and corn rows. I like to keep things classy.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Kuruma is Japanese for car. Clever Rockstar.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I dress like the guy in the movie Drive.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

I dress like one of the bikers from Take On Me.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'm currently rocking a Burt Reynolds version of Boss Hogg in my white Manana convertible that could really use a set of bull horns on the hood to complete the look.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

MrLonghair posted:

Kuruma is Japanese for car. Clever Rockstar.

It's also the first appearance in the Modern GTA games since the PS2 Era. It was the first car you drive in GTA3; a solid car with a cool look [imo]. For some reason it took R* some random update years later to revive this car. Granted it looks nothing like the PS2 era one, good to see another legacy name back in the car library.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to bring back Vice City's Deluxo.
It would make the perfect addition next to my A-Team van and General Wee Lee.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

Wee Bairns posted:

I'm still waiting for Rockstar to bring back Vice City's Deluxo.
It would make the perfect addition next to my A-Team van and General Wee Lee.

I do love Rockstars GTA cars, I wonder if there are any nicely put together videos showing the iterations through tiem.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Post some drat character pics, all.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

My guy dresses like he fell out of GTA: Vice City. :v: White Suit jacket and slacks with pink T-shirt or blue polo underneath. Blue suit jacket, white slacks with pastel pink polo, pink suit jacket with blue shirt and white slacks. etc etc I also have this:

But basically most of my wardrobe is a bad imitation of this guy's fashion:

Though he looks pretty good in a "Payday" suit+Surgical gloves (Mime mask optional) for heists

[edit] I wish there was a car that resembled the Daytona Spyder. I think the Croquette Classic or Stinger Topless are the closest I'm gonna get.

There was one in Vice City... they should just make another 80s GTA. :colbert:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Apr 27, 2015

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

simosimo posted:

I do love Rockstars GTA cars, I wonder if there are any nicely put together videos showing the iterations through tiem.

Whatever happened with that contest for someone to win a real-life Banshee? There were pictures of it, it was real, and I assumed that whoever won it was going to immediately sell it since they likely couldn't afford the taxes on a 6-figure car.

Madame Ovary
Jul 22, 2013

New Leaf posted:

I spent 45 minutes looking for a Sultan yesterday. I knew how to find one at the jail parking lot, but couldn't get one to spawn. Finally found one, got it kitted up, I'm happy. I joined a session with a buddy.. and there's one sitting right in front of me at spawn.

I didn't even know that Sultan was so good. I have a JB700 that I foolishly wasted my money on, I was driving it around and crashed it hard, went into a random parking lot, stole a random Sultan, started the engine and immediately fell in love.

Speaking of which, does anyone know a way to sell the cars you purchased online for an amount higher than like... $2000?

Asmodai_00
Nov 26, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Does anyone play capture missions? I didn't know you could put NPC "actors" in them. I had a pretty good time testing out prisoners armed with knives, chasing down The Lost MC, and something about retrieving a VIP's golf cart under guard of the FIB. Now I am trying to make a fun one that involves Ballas, Families, and Korean Rooftop Snipers.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I dress like Anita Sarkeesian.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
I'm probably gonna do the Series A funding heist today from scratch if anyone wants to help, on PC, name is Kodaxx.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CJ posted:

I dress like Anita Sarkeesian.

Man, that's loving brilliant. I can only imagine the butthurting of guys getting killed repeatedly by Anita Sarkeesian.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

post crimedads

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
Is there a way to get a proper beard like Michael has in online mode?

The only options I have for beards are increasing levels of stubble, which doesn't remotely cut it.

Galaga Galaxian posted:

But basically most of my wardrobe is a bad imitation of this guy's fashion:

I too am rocking the Sonny Crockett style. Once I bought myself a white suit I couldn't go back to wearing other clothes.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

****MIC TO THE WILLY***

ElwoodCuse posted:

Whatever happened with that contest for someone to win a real-life Banshee? There were pictures of it, it was real, and I assumed that whoever won it was going to immediately sell it since they likely couldn't afford the taxes on a 6-figure car.

News to me. Was it the classic GTA3/San andreas banshee, or the newer ones?

quote:

Remember the Bravado Banshee that West Coast Customs built last year to promote Grand Theft Auto V? Given away by GameStop, the woman who won it says she's better off with money to send her two kids to college than with a race car, so now you can steal buy it on eBay.

http://www.autoblog.com/2014/06/01/bravado-banshee-grand-theft-auto-auction/

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

ElwoodCuse posted:

Some kid won it but since he was under 18 and didn't have a drivers license, his mom technically won it. She drove it for a while. I don't know what they did with it.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
drat that is some hot stuff right there. The Banshee is my favourite car from every GTA.

I'd never put my life in the real one though that thing would fall apart on me. Sounds like it already is.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Main:

Alt:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

King Vidiot posted:

Man, that's loving brilliant. I can only imagine the butthurting of guys getting killed repeatedly by Anita Sarkeesian.

When i go full gimmick mode i drive around in this.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread, I'm more a Burt Reynolds Boss Hogg than a Sorrell Booke Hogg.....

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Once I figure out where the pictures are, I'll go on a selfie spree

I'm not good with computers anymore

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm now 1/8 on Trevor missions Available/Completed, up from 1/6.

Offer me jobs T, I want to do them for you. I'm only like 45% of the way there on my Hydra funds. :(

DarkAvenger211
Jun 29, 2011

Damnit Steve, you know I'm a sucker for Back to the Future references.
So my character will frequently change his hairstyle to bald at random points while I play. Usually happens when I step out of my apartment.

I also know it's not just a graphical glitch for me, because some friends I play with see the same thing. Has anyone had this happen and fixed it? I've gone to a Barbershop in game to change it back, but the non-bald hairstyle is already selected so I can't click it again.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

My dude is a high-level criminal with a penchant for bounty hunting and killing policemen.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DarkAvenger211 posted:

So my character will frequently change his hairstyle to bald at random points while I play. Usually happens when I step out of my apartment.

I also know it's not just a graphical glitch for me, because some friends I play with see the same thing. Has anyone had this happen and fixed it? I've gone to a Barbershop in game to change it back, but the non-bald hairstyle is already selected so I can't click it again.

Haven't had that but I've had some weird online bugs, like parking a car in the garage and suddenly having 3 of that same car. :psyduck:

If you log out and log back in, it usually fixes everything. The server data for your character should be accurate, (which is why its showing you that your non-bald hairstyle is already selected) its just somehow the local client data gets waaaaay out of sync.

Good job R* :cheeky:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I play as a white girl living on the west coast so I dress like a white girl from the west coast. I don't have anything wacky or loud.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

My guy just looks like Claude from GTA 3. Since your character is a mute and all.

cka
May 3, 2004

Mr. Fortitude posted:

My guy just looks like Claude from GTA 3. Since your character is a mute and all.

Claude Bros :respek:

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife

OhGreatAGinger
Oct 10, 2012
Wow, just started playing online today and man, I've never felt so satisfied pretending I'm a ne'er-do-well 3rd generation Irish crook robbing liquor stores and gas stations decked out like a used-car salesmen because my dude probably thinks it'll get him all the ladies, especially the ones he pays with greasy bills that smell like ethanol and beef jerky.

A couple questions though, being a humble level 4 barely outta juvie, I don't have access to stuff like oh say, body armor and anything bigger than a pop-gun yet, but I still get messages for heists. Should I say gently caress it and go for it or should I level up a bit so I don't have to try to shoot my way out of an army base armed with nothing but a glock and dark sunglasses while my fellow heisters question my masculinity?

Also, police helicocksuckers, how do you lose em? So far I've evaded two by sheer luck, once by accidentally driving off a peer and hiding in a tunnel, and the other... well, I'm not sure if he just lost interest or I managed to somehow get just beyond his care range. Anybody know how they work/best way to duck em/ ect?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I gave up trying to do anything too great when I found out you couldn't wear a vest without a shirt.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

OhGreatAGinger posted:

being a humble level 4 barely outta juvie, I don't have access to stuff like oh say, body armor and anything bigger than a pop-gun yet...

The armor is a problem, but there are plenty of guns on the right wall that have no level requirement.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

OhGreatAGinger posted:

Also, police helicocksuckers, how do you lose em? So far I've evaded two by sheer luck, once by accidentally driving off a peer and hiding in a tunnel, and the other... well, I'm not sure if he just lost interest or I managed to somehow get just beyond his care range. Anybody know how they work/best way to duck em/ ect?

You said it, tunnels are the easiest guaranteed way to lose cops. Either head for the sewers or find some train tracks and follow them to a tunnel. If a chopper is already on you, then its pretty drat hard to get away from him purely using speed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Here's my dude, started out as a self-insert and went full Miami Vice style.

T-shirt shows off the sick Hotline Miami inspired logo of my custom friends-only crew, "Animals Fighting".

• Locked thread