Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, I'm going to do one on myself, obviously. You know what I mean

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

I don't think it's Opop because of the way Alasdair played RE: Opop

It would be weird if Alasdair decided to bus both his teammates on D1

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

LUTR: As I said before I think she was way too front and centre D1 to be scum. Scum may have been looking for an opening and struck but this doesn't feel made up to me, it feels like she legitimately misinterpreted things and came after me on actual content.

EP: Still my top pick. Has been opportunistic and barely putting in effort. He was scummy before and I could easily buy his current play as last scum standing kind of play.

Narco: Is honestly a bit of a blind spot for me and I need to fully reread her.

But right now I have a strong enough town read on LUTR I'd say I'm comfortable going EP->Narco->LUTR

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

(I'm really digging this open setup thing, making it a puzzle like this makes me feel like putting in a lot more effort than I can normally muster!)

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

hmm

I also think EP/Narco should be the next two to die

LUTR burying the hatchet with opop felt town/town

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I actually kind of like NGO for town other than a few posts which are more weird than scummy. Narco herself, on the other hand, just tunnelled on Somber over nothing and then made a "sure go ahead and kill me I guess" post. I still think EP is more overtly scummy though, I don't see any reason to change my original order

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

I actually kind of like NGO for town other than a few posts which are more weird than scummy. Narco herself, on the other hand, just tunnelled on Somber over nothing and then made a "sure go ahead and kill me I guess" post. I still think EP is more overtly scummy though, I don't see any reason to change my original order

i liked ngo for town, and this might be getting too wifom-y but i find the timing they replaced at strange

we had just taken out one scum

a townie who wasn't participating a lot at the time would go 'heck yeah i'm not causing a lot of stress to my team and we're ahead'

scum would think the opposite

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

but narco's response to me asking her to explain why her thoughts/motivations have been townie read sincere

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
How do we know Ernie is town?

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
You'll get my effort posts after work.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

How do we know Ernie is town?

Looking at somber's posts it's pretty clear he had a tone result on him

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

I think Opop is pretty town. He is driving discussion in a useful discussion and has nearly summarized the current game state. Given the current lever of certainty about remaining town I would think scum would want to argue more and cloud up the newer players and their judgement.

LUTR has been kinda defensive all game, failed to dunk on Hiipfire, said she would case Ernie and never got that out, doesn't ask me to explain my bizarroposting like MMM does, etc. etc. - she reads like someone trying to be engaged but lacking the ability to distance herself from her Scum Knowledge.

ANarc voted Hip and put him at -1, something I would think scum would want to avoid - scum bus their bros very early or go for the hammer, IMO. Then she posts this:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I am town this game. You can lynch me if you want, I think town is far enough ahead that a mislynch isn't a huge deal right now, but you should look elsewhere.

which just reads like a terrible rollover. It can also read like lost and confused town, though, and she's not wrong - we could hit her and still be very ahead.

I think I wanna ##vote Look Under The Rock with ANarc in a distant second. I'd really have to be convinced to vote Opop though.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Epsilon Plus posted:

LUTR has been kinda defensive all game, failed to dunk on Hiipfire, said she would case Ernie and never got that out, doesn't ask me to explain my bizarroposting like MMM does, etc. etc. - she reads like someone trying to be engaged but lacking the ability to distance herself from her Scum Knowledge.

Your first two points I've already been over, as to the last two, someone bumrushed a deadline while I was still onstage so I didn't have time to make the case on Ernie, and then it became pretty clear that he was cop cleared so making a case would be beyond pointless. I'm not sure why dropping that case is a point against me.

Also sorry I haven't questioned your bizarro posting, I've had other priorities this game and am unfamiliar with your meta, so if you're out of character (I'm assuming that's what bizarro means) I have no idea and you calling me out for it seems...not really fair.

You mention my Scum Knowledge and I'd like you to point me to a time besides hiipfire that you think I'm coming from that perspective.

I'm having a lot of trouble reconciling Somber's flip at the moment. I spent the last couple game days convinced that Opop was the cop, Ernie was the last scum, and that everything was pretty well wrapped up because momentum was at least beginning to build, and now everything is weird and I've lost the plot.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

what posts made you think opop was the cop?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

MMT is def town btw
Pretending to be a COP/Watcher before the Epsilon pretend cop?

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

The scum didn't buy my implied cop claim. Why was this?

If EP was scum he would have known that I wasn't a cop since my investigation would have been wrong.

Alternately somebody else could have been scum and just figured out that I wasn't the cop

The logic in this post seems fishy to me.

And the rest of his posts including these two seems real scummy to me.

##vote MMM Whatchya Say

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

In what way is the logic fishy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also my MMT read had the context of being after a back and forth with her that I felt was a town interaction

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

mmm is confirmed town

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ernie. posted:

mmm is confirmed town

I guess I missed where somber cleared him.

##unvote

That's what I get for lurking.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ernie's been cleared since Somber flipped and I'm not sure where you'd be picking up on any coppiness from Opop.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I don't think LUTR would be so misinformed about when lylo was as scum.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
SUSPECTS
Opoponax
Epsilon Plus

TOWN
Ghostly Gangsta - Vig
Pinterest Mom - VT
Somberbrero - Cop
Murmur Twin - Doc
Jawdins - VT
MMM Whatchya Say - VT - Cleared by Somber
Ernie. - VT - Cleared by Somber
Look Under The Rock - Feels super town, entire game.
AnonymousNarcotics - I had feels about NGO, but re-reading them and what AnonNarc has posted so far I get a town read.

SCUM
Alasdair Crawfish - Godfather - Shot
HiipFire - Goon - Lynched

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote Epsilon Plus

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I don't think LUTR would be so misinformed about when lylo was as scum.

Unless that's just what she wants us to think :tinfoil: but no probably not

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

K I'll be gone for a bit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Anyway scum is probably opop or some dumb poo poo knowing this game

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Good thing we get three chances!

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Just so we're all on the same page here is why everyone who is confirmed is

GG- Publically used a vig, which is a town role. He is 100%, indisputibly, mod confirmed town

Cop Clears

Ernie- Somber was very much on Ernie D1 and then just cools right off D2. Ernie is the most likely choice for somber to have copped N1

Somberbrero posted:

I thought about Ernie while we were on hiatus and I'm dropping that. His behavior was definitely anti-town at points, but Ernie is like that sometimes. I've been in several games where he combusted much worse than that as town. Also, he was the first one to speak to Allister's flip clearing me.

Somberbrero posted:

Ernie is definitely a huge weirdo but he isn't scum, I don't think.

Somberbrero posted:

I can't deny Ernie is a huge weirdo, but I've always seen his most unhelpful and self-destructive behavior in games where he is town.

Then here is where he pretty much claims it

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to vote Ernie, I'm probably only going to vote you or Jawdins. You can use that information however you like.

For MMM he's a bit more direct

Somberbrero posted:

I too would have investigated mmm.

Somberbrero posted:

I'm not going to vote MMM.

So there's really not a lot of room for interpretation there.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opop: Doesn't feel like he's playing us or getting us to go after one another which I've seen solo scum Opop do lots

LUTR: Feigning being lost might be a scum survival strategy and I don't think anything she says will change my mind on that (she seemed capable of changing her mind/style just fine until now)

EP: The only person I think who knew MMM wasn't the cop, if he's scum

Narc: Hmm she seems to be playing a pretty town game, although she's not exactly invested in solving it?

Either way, we need to start moving forward not sideways

##vote EP

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

Unless that's just what she wants us to think :tinfoil: but no probably not

Ha, it was that I saw the flip post within a minute of waking up and mistook five votes to lynch as five players left

I swear my IQ drops like a hundred points before noon

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I like Epsilon for scum today. I don't buy the idea that the logic around the Somber/MMM claim bit was too dumb for scum. That interaction hit me the wrong way. Still working on a vacuum re-read but I'd be happiest to vote Epsilon today.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah sometimes I sort of back out and balk when somebody is just Not Getting It, but I'll take another look at EP.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Dunking me is a bad idea but you do what you gotta do. Look at LUTR next.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Hammer yourself.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Hammer yourself.

I know I'm town, dummy. Information won't be gained with a self-hammer.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Epsilon Plus posted:

I know I'm town, dummy. Information won't be gained with a self-hammer.

Opop, You and Ernie. have mentioned that LUTR may just be "playing dumb", what would you say the odds are of that? Also that's a good response. I like it.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

I was just joking, I do not think LUTR was playing dumb, it reads like an honest mistake to me

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

Also that's a good response. I like it.

What do you like about it, because I decidedly do not like it

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Look Under The Rock posted:

What do you like about it, because I decidedly do not like it

It makes me feel comfortable about voting him. It seems scummy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Look Under The Rock posted:

I'm having a lot of trouble reconciling Somber's flip at the moment. I spent the last couple game days convinced that Opop was the cop, Ernie was the last scum, and that everything was pretty well wrapped up because momentum was at least beginning to build, and now everything is weird and I've lost the plot.

this is what i'm talking about when i'm saying that lutr is feigning confusion btw

'oh oh i don't have any concrete reads because ~confusion~' seems defensive more than constructive or helpful

• Locked thread