Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Melth posted:

So as I mentioned a couple of times, I mostly play FE7 on the GBA, not the emulator. However, my FE7 cartridges have a nasty habit of breaking down. I'm now on my 3rd one. Among other problems, my first two each began erasing all data whenever they were turned off. That obliterated my old records and made it impossible to create new ones. I only got the 3rd cartridge recently (the ENM max ranking run I've mentioned a few times was the first thing I did after getting it).

If you've still got those old carts around that's because everything up to the DS/GC from nintendo used ram to save data and had an internal battery that kept it from losing power(and consequently the data). I've never popped one open myself so it could be more complicated, but swapping the battery out of the cartridge should fix those.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Congratulations on finishing the LP. It's been an amazing run, and worth it to see the kind of insane (to me) strategies that you came up with.

...also, I'm amused and saddened that Canas died trying to "stop a snowstorm." Not help out during a snowstorm, or evacuate, or survive, he wanted to flat out stop a force of nature. Which is awesome. And sad.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Melth posted:

True. Ninian/Eliwood doesn't even get as much canon support as Lilina/Roy and Sumia/Chrom. However, I think you'd agree there's more support for it than for any other possible Eliwood pairing. Even Lyn seems to ship the two of them. So if we're going to say any Eliwood pairing is anything close to official, it's got to be that one.

Not to mention, if you get those two to A rank it literally changes the ending. You don't just get a paired bio-card like the rest of the cast; you get a slightly different ending. None of his other supports do that.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

This was pretty interesting. Thanks, Melth!

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Silver Falcon posted:

Not to mention, if you get those two to A rank it literally changes the ending. You don't just get a paired bio-card like the rest of the cast; you get a slightly different ending. None of his other supports do that.

Only in the sense that Ninian doesn't go home, which would be kind of hard to have her do if she was going to be a mother. Lyn and Fiora still get [Tactician] Ending scenes where he names the children.

UmbreonMessiah
Nov 1, 2011

~Hey, I'm grump!~
I'm...yeah, I'm just a grump.

Melth posted:

However, my FE7 cartridges have a nasty habit of breaking down.

I read this as "broken apart due to all the times I threw the cartridge across the room in Night of Farewells."

Absolutely splendid job Melth. I didn't even realize Ranking Runs were a thing until your LP popped up...hell, I've never even beaten EHM to this day. I might try that soon.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Onmi posted:

Only in the sense that Ninian doesn't go home, which would be kind of hard to have her do if she was going to be a mother. Lyn and Fiora still get [Tactician] Ending scenes where he names the children.

Hmm, true. But it is a bit unusual. I can't recall endings changing like that in response to support levels in other FE games, though that could be because my memory is terrible.

Mr.Morgenstern
Sep 14, 2012

Silver Falcon posted:

Hmm, true. But it is a bit unusual. I can't recall endings changing like that in response to support levels in other FE games, though that could be because my memory is terrible.

Onmi just doesn't like Ninian. :ssh:

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.
This was an S-Rank LP. 5 stars in information, entertainment, presentation, and anime wizards. Well done!

Fedule
Mar 27, 2010

No one left uncured.
I got you.

Mzbundifund posted:

This was an S-Rank LP. 5 stars in information, entertainment, presentation, and anime wizards. Well done!

Also it went gold right after it ended, so there's that too.

Melth
Feb 16, 2015

Victory and/or death!

Fedule posted:

Also it went gold right after it ended, so there's that too.

Newb question: how exactly do things go gold and what does that mean precisely?

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
It's the rating of the thread. See the numbers at the bottom left when you scroll down? 5 means it's golden, so good quality.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Melth posted:

Newb question: how exactly do things go gold and what does that mean precisely?

A thread goes gold when it has an average rating of like 4.5-5 after 50+ votes. It's generally a sign of a thread worth reading.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Melth
Feb 16, 2015

Victory and/or death!

ChaosArgate posted:

A thread goes gold when it has an average rating of like 4.5-5 after 50+ votes. It's generally a sign of a thread worth reading.

Oh, well that's cool. I'm glad so many people liked it.

• Locked thread