Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

It makes me feel comfortable about voting him. It seems scummy.

Yeah, look - even if I'm scum and manage to pull out a no-dunk or, fuckin' magically, get someone else hammered, I'm still clearly on the block unless the remaining scum nightkills me. Self-voting is inherently anti-town and if it weren't for the fact that you're mod-confirmed town you'd look shady right now.

Plus if I had dunked myself Ernie would not have made that good post. More information.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Ernie. posted:

this is what i'm talking about when i'm saying that lutr is feigning confusion btw

'oh oh i don't have any concrete reads because ~confusion~' seems defensive more than constructive or helpful

Nah I was just letting y'all know that Somber flipping cop literally turned every read I had on its head, I've had to start over from scratch. For some reason I had Opop in my head as cop (mostly because Opop seemed to be playing very confidently yet with care) and was dead set on you as the last scum. Then Somber flips and you're cleared and with one scum left and me so sure about you being it...yeah I'm starting over with pretty much no reads. With the exception of Opop, everyone left is either confirmed or has fallen soundly into the white noise category for me for most of the game (you can tell this by how little I posted about any of them earlier).

I'm not confused, I'm just trying to figure out where I stand. You were the one who was talking about internal consistency earlier, go read my posts the day before Somber flipped and you should understand why I'm uncertain now.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Epsilon says a bunch of nothing and specifically dodges content, posts snarky horseshit and calls out the whole thread for posting snarky horseshit, voted Jawdins to see the flip, pretty much every opinion posted is unoriginal or wishy washy.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Anonymous is a crapshoot having replaced in. Pretty much sucks because anything scummy NGO did, anon doesn't have to answer for, meanwhile anon has been pretty limp.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

I guess now with sombers flip I'll have to reread again. I think the people he was unsure about are those most likely to be scum, which is why I mentioned e+ and lutr. I don't wanna rush into a vote though if this is lylo

I don't like this post because anon casually skips Opop as someone unconfirmed. My app is all hosed again for some reason but it feels like anon mentions e plus and me because it'd be easier to get either of us dunked than Opop.

And to be honest trying to dunk Opop would really suck. Dude came out strong on day one and has kept head above water this whole time. Out of the three not-me unconfirmed players, at this point I want to dunk Opop the least.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Look Under The Rock posted:

I don't like this post because anon casually skips Opop as someone unconfirmed. My app is all hosed again for some reason but it feels like anon mentions e plus and me because it'd be easier to get either of us dunked than Opop.

This has no bearing on what I think of your alignment, but:

Don't you think town is more likely to do this instead? Scum at this point would be 'okay with anyone getting cuddled' instead of taking their options out of the running!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

You missed something ernie

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

You missed something ernie

the 'who is more likely to get lunched' thing is crazy

scum hiding among 4 unknowns would want to cast suspicion on all three of the remaining unknowns because they all have to be mislunched

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

And to be honest trying to dunk Opop would really suck. Dude came out strong on day one and has kept head above water this whole time. Out of the three not-me unconfirmed players, at this point I want to dunk Opop the least.

So you don't even want to think about dunking him because... he's a good player and it would be hard?

loving lol I am so sure you are scum I'm going to perform a completely pointless second vote against you ##vote Look Under The Rock

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Ernie. posted:

This has no bearing on what I think of your alignment, but:

Don't you think town is more likely to do this instead? Scum at this point would be 'okay with anyone getting cuddled' instead of taking their options out of the running!

I just wrote out a huge response that boiled down to "no I don't" and then halfway through I realized my logic was poo poo so yeah you're right.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
##vote epsilon

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think Epsilon Plus is hammered!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Epsilon Plus posted:

So you don't even want to think about dunking him because... he's a good player and it would be hard?

loving lol I am so sure you are scum I'm going to perform a completely pointless second vote against you ##vote Look Under The Rock

You're inferring something that isn't in my post. I'm saying that if he's the scum he's set himself up really nicely to live until endgame because it'd be very easy to pick the rest of us off.

I mean for real he's barely picked up votes since day one, nobody wants to take him on. It's something I'm bringing up now seeing as we're close to endgame and just thinking about trying to push opinion in that direction is tiring. I picked a fight with dude on day one and it would completely blow to try it again. And I think I'm not alone in this opinion because we're all being really loving lame and skittish about talking about Opop as potentially the last scum.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

poo poo sorry, I didn't see that hammer

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Epsilon Plus, VANILLA TOWN has been dunked Day 4!

Votecount for Day 4

Epsilon Plus (4): AnonymousNarcotics, AnonymousNarcotics, Opopanax, Ghostly Gangsta, Ernie., AnonymousNarcotics
Look Under The Rock (1): Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus, Epsilon Plus
Ernie. (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta
MMM Whatchya Say (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (2): Look Under The Rock, MMM Whatchya Say

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 28th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 27 minutes.

Actions please!

EXAKT Science fucked around with this message at 05:29 on Apr 28, 2015

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
MMM Whatcha Say, TOWN VANILLA has been killed Night 4!

Day 5 begins!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Ernie. (0): Ghostly Gangsta, Ghostly Gangsta

Not Voting (5): AnonymousNarcotics, Ernie., Ghostly Gangsta, Look Under The Rock, Opopanax

With 5 alive, it's 3 votes to plorp. The current deadline is April 28th, 2015 at midnight EDT -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:rip: thank you

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

I hate this, I hate this so much

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

we'll keep moving down the list :D

##vote anonnarc

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
How about we start at the end and work backwards?

##vote opop

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ok, well that tells me everything I need to know ##vote Narco
You got close, I feel for you

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

the reason i'm going after narco is because it's narco or opop

i made sure not to say (m)any dissenting opinions yesterday about them (while mmm made sure to do the opposite, i don't know if he did it intentionally)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ernie. It's a bad vote. It's a waste of today's lynch. If you are also suspicious of opop, vote him.

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

okay i agree

##vote opop

but i'm curious why are you saying 'waste of today's lynch' as opposed to 'it's opop! he's the murderer!'

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Well clearly neither of us know for sure or we wouldn't be "going down the list" but it has to be either opop or lutr

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Ernie. posted:

the reason i'm going after narco is because it's narco or opop

i made sure not to say (m)any dissenting opinions yesterday about them (while mmm made sure to do the opposite, i don't know if he did it intentionally)

Why not LUTR?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Why not LUTR?

two days in a row of her out-loud complaining about not having a clue/being angry seem a little too thick for game-winning play

also i'm not as familiar with how capable she is of surviving 1-woman-standing situations, but i know how you're capable of it so i will make sure that that's not what's happening

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well I can't even get mad about that. Someday people will talk about "Getting Opoped" :allears:

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Opopanax posted:

Well I can't even get mad about that. Someday people will talk about "Getting Opoped" :allears:

i wanted to include a last line in there saying something like 'if you are scum, i'm so sorry you're losing because you're really good at this and not because you did something wrong'

but i figured that if you're not scum it might hurt my chances of winning the game if someone sways my emotions similarly tomorrow :ohdear:

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

It's cool, we cool.

I mean you're right, it's not LUTR so it's Narco, if you kill me today you just kill her tomorrow, I win either way

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Opopanax posted:

It's cool, we cool.

I mean you're right, it's not LUTR so it's Narco, if you kill me today you just kill her tomorrow, I win either way

This post makes me more inclined to hit Narc first, I haven't had a scum vibe from Opop in days. It's just his competence that makes me nervous if he's the last scum.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

This post makes me more inclined to hit Narc first, I haven't had a scum vibe from Opop in days. It's just his competence that makes me nervous if he's the last scum.

Just hammer opop and if he's town, lynch me tomorrow.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Unless lutr is the last scum. But I think it's opop

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Unless lutr is the last scum. But I think it's opop

scum-slip?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Ernie. posted:

scum-slip?

How is any of that scum-slip?

Ernie.
Aug 31, 2012

Ghostly Gangsta posted:

How is any of that scum-slip?

if she's town from narc's perspective it's either opop or lutr

for her the game is solved, she just has to convince us, as the confirmed town, to vote with her

if we take opop out today and the game doesn't end then anonnarc knows it's lutr, so why would she volunteer to be cuddled tomorrow?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Ernie. posted:

if she's town from narc's perspective it's either opop or lutr

for her the game is solved, she just has to convince us, as the confirmed town, to vote with her

if we take opop out today and the game doesn't end then anonnarc knows it's lutr, so why would she volunteer to be cuddled tomorrow?

(because I was talking to lutr and she's not gonna vote herself)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

The difference is Opop is saying hammer me now, lynch anon tomorrow, you're saying hammer Opop now, lynch anon (you) tomorrow and when Opop says it it sounds like a townie who knows they're about to win and when you say it, it sounds like you're just trying to survive another day.

Rest of thread: I'll hammer Opop if y'all really want me to but I think it's more likely anon.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##vote AnonymousNarcotics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote