Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Disappointing Pie posted:

Even though it's in pretty rough shape I wonder if this whole situation makes my mousepad a collector's item.

It's a pretty good metaphor for the show at the end, actually

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

CrashCat posted:

Yeah, no gay men want to touch the mouse pad either.

lizardhunt
Feb 7, 2010

agreed ->
Bennington, Opie & Jim, The Anthony Cumia Show, Legion of Skanks, with special guests....

Seriously can all these guys just join forces already.

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

CrashCat posted:

I have that one too

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God

jerkstoresup posted:

Bennington, Opie & Jim, The Anthony Cumia Show, Legion of Skanks, with special guests....

a RADJO GJ show?

Ron, Ant, Dave Smith, Jimmy, Opie, Gail, Jay Oakerson

JFC fucked around with this message at 04:37 on Apr 25, 2015

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

JFC posted:

[spolier]

:siren:SPOLIER ALERT!:siren:

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

jerkstoresup posted:

Somewhere Sam's just :sigh:

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Black Earl sent me that mouse pad like 8 years ago and a stress ball that I lost long ago. I've used it every day since then. Just bought a Corsair gaming pad. Holy poo poo mousepads have gotten nice in the last decade.

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Black Earl sent me that mouse pad like 8 years ago and a stress ball that I lost long ago. I've used it every day since then. Just bought a Corsair gaming pad. Holy poo poo mousepads have gotten nice in the last decade.
Around the same time I emailed Earl and asked if they had any T-shirts I could buy. He replied that they didn't, but he'd take my address and send me some stickers and stuff. A few weeks later a shirt with that exact design showed up, along with some stickers. I miss the fainting goat in a way.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bennington, is a good show

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

My story mirrors yours. I'm pretty sure I still have that mouse pad and a t shirt.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
I have a Ron & Fez mousepad, red stress ball, and a bottle-opener key chain.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i've only listened to one Legion of Skanks show (the one with Sam) and it sounded like everyone was desperately yelling over each other just to be heard. i don't mind that if it's funny, like the old O&A shows with 6 comedians on, but this was just sort of flat and boring. are there any good clips of the show online? i'd like to give it another shot since i'm running out of things to listen to. Thanks! :coffee:

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i've only listened to one Legion of Skanks show (the one with Sam) and it sounded like everyone was desperately yelling over each other just to be heard. i don't mind that if it's funny, like the old O&A shows with 6 comedians on, but this was just sort of flat and boring. are there any good clips of the show online? i'd like to give it another shot since i'm running out of things to listen to. Thanks! :coffee:
I've only listened to a few myself, but the talking over each other is definitely the biggest detriment. They're fully aware of it, but it seems like they can't help themselves with all trying to jump on mic and get lines in. Despite that, I'd say of all the podcasts I've heard, it's the closest thing to the old O&A "hang" feel. Check out the first time Anthony was on, there's a lot of funny poo poo in that episode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWZoKlEg0GY

This episode with Ari Shaffir is also good, albeit disgusting because it features them obsessing over Ari's weird rear end in a top hat: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lPuArRxhZJY

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
Don't forget Guilty By Association.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
I have a personalized to Ron & Fez signed copy of Titanic on DVD.

I'm sure it's worth tens of dollars now.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

Tomahawk posted:

Don't forget Guilty By Association.

uuuuuggh loving reminding me that poo poo exists

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
It had been a long while since I'd felt personally hosed over by Sirius XM, but by god they managed.

My aging RoadyXT was acting up frequently -- losing connection at intervals even though I'd replaced the antenna with a new one -- so I went looking for a replacement. Since a new Roady vehicle kit was around $50 and the Onyx Plus was around $70 on Amazon, I went with the newer gadget (which, I will note, blows for FM reception -- I'll be hooking my old SmartConnect or whatever it was called antenna hookup to see if that helps).

I upgraded from Monthly - Standard to Yearly - All Access at the same time, figuring the cost would come out reasonably close. With the Onyx I also got the Xtra channel set in the car, so that's a small plus. I switched the devices around, changed the subscription type online, went to activate the new radio... and was presented with a $15 Radio Changing Fee.

:what:

Fine. So I drove around with it for a bit and programmed in three FM channels so that I can get around static blasts fairly easily. I got home and set up the online stream, which is something that I had sincerely missed; I had it back in the pre-Mel (gently caress Mel) days when it was free, then they found out we liked that and started charging for it and I refused to pay for it on principle.

I logged into it on my laptop, found a station and hit play. My wife logged into it on her laptop, found a station and hit play. My station stopped dead.

One Internet-streaming device at a time per account even now that it COSTS EXTRA.

gently caress Mel and all of his children.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Surprised you were even able to switch radios online, it used to be you could add one online but you absolutely had to call if you were going to do anything that deactivated a radio such as replacing it with a new one. Though I believe even back then there was a fee for that.

The online limit thing is dumb too but pretty standard. Still you would think they could offer you a second online connection for a small fee. I don't even know what you can do about that besides call them up and bitch.

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Anyone else hear Fez's laugh at the Kevin Pollak Unmasked? I guess that's why he was at SiriusXM when that picture of him and Sam were taken.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus
The Bennington show is having too much of an affect of my psyche. Taking place of all the catchy things Jimmy would say, I find myself randomly uttering things from this show throughout the day.

"The Desert Inn has heart!...The Desert Inn has heart!"
"Bangtin!"
"B'nanners" (Kevin Pollak's Neeson impression)

O__O
Jan 26, 2011

by Cowcaster

Morter posted:

The Bennington show is having too much of an affect of my psyche. Taking place of all the catchy things Jimmy would say, I find myself randomly uttering things from this show throughout the day.

"The Desert Inn has heart!...The Desert Inn has heart!"
"Bangtin!"
"B'nanners" (Kevin Pollak's Neeson impression)

you may be retarded though.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

CrashCat posted:

Surprised you were even able to switch radios online, it used to be you could add one online but you absolutely had to call if you were going to do anything that deactivated a radio such as replacing it with a new one. Though I believe even back then there was a fee for that.

The online limit thing is dumb too but pretty standard. Still you would think they could offer you a second online connection for a small fee. I don't even know what you can do about that besides call them up and bitch.

Or how about per radio. Oh you pay for two cars? Maybe there are two people in your household then, and maybe they might want to listen online at the same time. Oh sorry, gently caress you.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Morter posted:

The Bennington show is having too much of an affect of my psyche.

That don't make you a bad person.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

O__O posted:

you may be retarded though.

Only half retarded.

An Enormous Boner
Jul 12, 2009

In episode 101 of the My Wife Hates Me podcast, Rich is attempting to compliment Burr's acting but is stuck trying to remember the name "Breaking Bad" and, in the process, drops the name "Medicine Man".

"Medicine Man".

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
Contextually Inadequate was really funny. It is the best special Jim has done.

Frost Uncle
Nov 2, 2012

An Enormous Boner posted:

In episode 101 of the My Wife Hates Me podcast, Rich is attempting to compliment Burr's acting but is stuck trying to remember the name "Breaking Bad" and, in the process, drops the name "Medicine Man".

"Medicine Man".

oh my god

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Nobody mentioned it but, on the OpieRadio morning Bennington, Ron actually dumped out on Radioshark after two almost back-to-back prank calls.

All you hear is "Um, Billy [...] -doing multiple numbers! V you suck over there today."

Lieutenant Centaur
Oct 17, 2010

A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon

Call Me Charlie posted:

Nobody mentioned it but, on the OpieRadio morning Bennington, Ron actually dumped out on Radioshark after two almost back-to-back prank calls.

All you hear is "Um, Billy [...] -doing multiple numbers! V you suck over there today."

Why would you dump out of that?

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

I finally started listening to Bennington and I love it. I had no idea what to expect with Gail (never listened to the other shows) but I was pleasantly surprised. She's an excellent co-host, and plays off Ron and Pepper so well.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
For an hour now Ant has been doing free Baltimore riot coverage if anyone is interested.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe

Stokes posted:

For an hour now Ant has been doing free Baltimore riot coverage if anyone is interested.

nope

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Stokes posted:

I wonder how Anthony will perceive angry black people THIS time.

T Bowl
Feb 6, 2006

Shut up DUMMY
Being someone who lives in Baltimore, he can go gently caress himself.

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
I bet he's really got a hot, fresh take.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Guys, maybe we're being a little hasty, let's take a peek at the TACS subreddit-

quote:

There will be the normal collection of hoff post subscribers, posing as Ant fans, pretending to be upset Ant spends to much time and is too harsh on the rioting niggers.

quote:

White people aren't respected because they don't respect themselves either. Nobody is defending themselves over the horror of being labeled racist. We did this to ourselves, and I'm glad to see this liberal cuck mentality claiming another Detroit as it's toll.

quote:

this is why i don't mind it. what the gently caress world do we live in when ant is one of the only dudes broadcasting reality? even the conspiratard internet celebs leave this poo poo alone so's to not be branded "racist". it might be possible that every white person i know IRL is a loving racial cuckold. i mean, i live in commiefornia though, so...

quote:

i don't even blame them. i blame a media that operates as a 5th column in this country, espousing anti-truth, anti-white propaganda.

quote:

It's worth pointing out that the start of the decay of civility in black behavior, and the rise in black crime in America, began at the time of the Civil Rights Movement, thanks to Johnson's so-called "Great Society." It's been all downhill since then, and the slope of the hill is getting steeper every year.

quote:

The poo poo that enrages me is that people that behave like this (for the most part) get an equal vote in deciding the way the world works.

quote:

[on some guy getting hosed up] lol me too, I clapped like a human being all alone in my room and cackled like a witch.

quote:

"If there could just be a drone strike" - KtC, Hilarious, and I have never agreed more

quote:

When he did the chimp noises while the chimps were jumping on the car, I nearly lost it.

:yikes:

Under the vegetable
Nov 2, 2004

by Smythe
A neo nazi calling black people and leftists a fifth column is pretty dope + funny.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

One of those quotes is gonna make Fez cry.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tr33
May 26, 2007

Love is a tiny lion holding a donut!
I watched expecting drunken racist tirade, was not disappointed

• Locked thread