Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Birb Katter posted:

Sara -> Saw/Ray

Sarah -> Say/Aw

Weirdos

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Benway
Dec 9, 2005

We can't stop here! This is bat country!
^ There's a joke in here somewhere, but I'm to lazy to craft it.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Static! posted:

Probably a repost but a favourite from my home country:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-who-tried-to-turn-his-faeces-into-gold-is-jailed-28671404.html

Man who tried to turn his faeces into gold is jailed. Judge said it was an interesting experiment but doomed to failure.

Our Wee Country. :britain:

(I wish we had a specific Norn Iron crying flag emoticon; we could have a guy in a balaclava and it'd cover both comunities.)

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

Sara -> Sa ra

Sarah -> Sair rah

Weirdos

Well what the hell do you do if you want to call someone sirrah??

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

bobjr posted:

I think someone was on their last week.

From a couple of pages ago but the doctor in this one is a really cool guy. He's around his 90s or so, and has made it his mission in the last several decades to educate Indians on sex (there isn't much by way of sex education here). Also he's funny as gently caress considering the number of bizarre things he must get asked every day.

Birb Katter
Sep 18, 2010

BOATS STOPPED
CARBON TAX AXED
TURNBULL AS PM
LIBERALS WILL BE RE-ELECTED IN A LANDSLIDE

Aesop Poprock posted:

Well what the hell do you do if you want to call someone sirrah??

Tell them to change their name.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

Tell them to change their name.

Very oppressive country

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Postal 2 was way ahead of its time, apparently.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON
Whoever lives at the corner of 8th and Dale is really angry their street hasn't been plowed...

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Birb Katter posted:

Sara -> Sa ra

Sarah -> Sair rah

Weirdos

Storms are brewin' in your eyes

Sara -> Sa ra

Sarah -> Sair rah

No time is a good time for goodbyes

Ooooohhhhh

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Today is Ed Balls Day, and The Mirror is running live updates.

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever
Let's go to the video for some 80s and 90s fuckups
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5y3u5KuqhA4

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

Static! posted:

Probably a repost but a favourite from my home country:

http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/man-who-tried-to-turn-his-faeces-into-gold-is-jailed-28671404.html

Man who tried to turn his faeces into gold is jailed. Judge said it was an interesting experiment but doomed to failure.

I envy this dude. No matter how high I've been, I never watched The Holy Mountain and thought "huh I should try this out"

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

For some reason I find this very amusing.

I don't know this guy's politics, but at least he seems like a good sport about it.

Ed Balls.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

I'd never seen this before and it's funny as hell.

I like the immersive photo essay they have to accompany the occasion.

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Please change thread title to The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Post Your Favorite (or Request) > Man Killed To Death - WITH COOKIES!

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

Those wacky Finns

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

I'd never seen this before and it's funny as hell.

I like the immersive photo essay they have to accompany the occasion.

This holiday is incredible

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

E:nm

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013

mmj
Dec 22, 2006

I've always been a bit confrontational

even more so than usual in this thread I have to ask, wait what? I really want some context on a headline like that

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

mmj posted:

even more so than usual in this thread I have to ask, wait what? I really want some context on a headline like that
Just type: "Nudist welfare ma" into Google, and you'll be taken to a place where you'll find that he was also legless, in a loft.

http://jonslattery.blogspot.com/2009/02/story-behind-this-headline-nudist.html

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

Well, I hope they were wearing gloves.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

There are all kinds of unfortunate family names a person can get stuck with but that's gotta be one of the worst. School alone would have been brutal, but that's the kind of name even adults are gonna have fun with so you'll never escape it.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

what the hell is wrong with his fingernails

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010

The Mentalizer posted:

There are all kinds of unfortunate family names a person can get stuck with but that's gotta be one of the worst. School alone would have been brutal, but that's the kind of name even adults are gonna have fun with so you'll never escape it.

Googling suggests that the article is from a defunct Irish newspaper called "Sunday Tribune". They probably don't use the word as an invective in that country.

Bukowski
Dec 28, 2009

hammulder

No Such Thing posted:

what the hell is wrong with his fingernails

Douche Probe

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBelT-Xi1CY

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!

Kopijeger posted:

Googling suggests that the article is from a defunct Irish newspaper called "Sunday Tribune". They probably don't use the word as an invective in that country.

Still not a great name to be stuck with. "Enema" isn't an insult in the United States, but I wouldn't want to be named "Mr. Enema" and I would laugh at an article about an Enema probe.

Also, you are correct that the slang usage is from American English, first attested in 1967.

pookel
Oct 27, 2011

Ultra Carp

Not My Leg posted:

Still not a great name to be stuck with. "Enema" isn't an insult in the United States, but I wouldn't want to be named "Mr. Enema" and I would laugh at an article about an Enema probe.
My British-English-speaking German ex had to ask me to explain what douche meant in America, as the only meaning he knew for it was "shower."

That was about 20 years ago, though, and I'd imagine the American usage has spread via the internet since then, both clinical and insulting.

Karma Monkey
Sep 6, 2005

I MAKE BAD POSTING DECISIONS

Not My Leg posted:

Also, you are correct that the slang usage is from American English, first attested in 1967.

Had a guy come in the other day with the name Butlove, but he pronounced it Byewt-love. He's an NCO now, but can you imagine being in basic training as Private Butlove? Poor guy. :(

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Karma Monkey posted:

Had a guy come in the other day with the name Butlove, but he pronounced it Byewt-love. He's an NCO now, but can you imagine being in basic training as Private Butlove? Poor guy. :(

I'm reminded of the episode of HIGNFY from a few years ago where they all had a chuckle about a White House employee whose name was "Randy Bumgardner", then pointed out that his mother's maiden name was "Mincey", so he'd narrowly avoided being "Randy Mincey-Bumgardner".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jon Zyetta
May 6, 2003
Your Bargaining Posture Is Highly Dubious

Karma Monkey posted:

If only his first name was Richard. :shepspends: