Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
40 quids is a lot for a goddamn season pass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

If you're getting a console version, you should be getting it from Best Buy with the Gamer's Club Unlocked deal that gets you 20% off new games. Makes paying more for DLC a little easier to swallow.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

I'm bad at understanding how my specs match up against the recommended ones. could someone give me the rundown on how my system stacks up?

MINIMUM:
Processor: Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 GHz | AMD Phenom II X4 965, 3.4 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 | AMD Radeon HD 7870 - 2 GB Memory Minimum

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended

My specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz
Graphics: Asus Radeon R9 270X - 4GB

Will I be able to run it fine? Will I have to turn down the graphical settings? Or will my computer just explode?

Brutakas
Oct 10, 2012

Farewell, marble-dwellers!

Canemacar posted:

RECOMMENDED:
Processor: Intel Core i7-3770, 3.4 GHz | AMD FX-8350, 4.0 GHz
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 - 3 GB Memory Recommended

My specs:
Processor: Intel Core i5-4590 3.3GHz
Graphics: Asus Radeon R9 270X - 4GB

Will I be able to run it fine? Will I have to turn down the graphical settings? Or will my computer just explode?

Your processor should be fine. A 4th generation i5 should be a good stand-in for a 3rd generation i7. I can't comment on the graphics card.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
That's asking quite a lot for a 40 bucks. I'll probably still get the base game but I'd at least wait 3 or 4 months in to see what they actually deliver to see if it's worth it. The description is so vague.

At least 25$ with The Witcher 3 ensures both a 10 and 20 hour add-on. I know CDPR will add more stuff because they had been doing quite a bit of it for free. Rocksteady/WB not so much, with just characters on challenge maps.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

Codependent Poster posted:

If you're getting a console version, you should be getting it from Best Buy with the Gamer's Club Unlocked deal that gets you 20% off new games. Makes paying more for DLC a little easier to swallow.

I went with Gamestop for the convenience more than anything else - there's one in the mall directly next door to where I work. I won't be able to get it at midnight since the mall will be closed but I'm not asking for time off to play it anyway so I wasn't going to be able to play it at midnight with my steam version either.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I really wanted to pre-order this digitally on my console, but gently caress losing out on the Harley / other pre-order DLC.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

BillBear posted:

Rocksteady should move onto Predator after this, they would be perfect at it.

They won't though. :smith:

Thanks, I am in a superposition of great joy and sadness now.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Chasiubao posted:

I really wanted to pre-order this digitally on my console, but gently caress losing out on the Harley / other pre-order DLC.

You still get the pre-order bonuses if you order off the PSN store, unless I'm missing a detail here.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

They'll all be available to buy a week after release. Only chumps preorder.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
Yeah, this is the most tempted I've ever been to preorder a game and it's still nowhere near enough.

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

The Arkham games are really the only ones I pre-order because Rocksteady's reputation is... well... rocksteady.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I would have pre-purchased on PC but at this point I think that would necessitate buying a new PC which I'm just not in the market for right now.

I say as I plan on buying a PS3/4 capture device. I've done LPs for Asylum-Origins right now, it'd be rude not to do Knight after I get a good handle on it. My PC's having issues recording Origins so I think I'm hitting its end point.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Crappy Jack posted:

You still get the pre-order bonuses if you order off the PSN store, unless I'm missing a detail here.

Bone :negative:

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Canemacar posted:

The Arkham games are really the only ones I pre-order because Rocksteady's reputation is... well... rocksteady.
Only their DLC offerings are pretty crap so I don't really have much faith in the season pass stuff being anything except :geno:

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
The news item I saw about the DLC mentioned "legendary batmobile skins." That's got the me very close to considering the $100 version.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Can you get the Tumbler??

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Kurtofan posted:

Can you get the Tumbler??

No idea, the news item I saw didn't name any specifically.

My ideal list -

The Tumbler
89 Keaton-mobile
Adam West-mobile
Animated series
Norm Breyfogle's high tech 80's mobile
Killing Joke Batface on the front

EDIT - Now that I think about it, where it says a skin as opposed to a new model, would the really long models like BTAS and 89 be possible?

Perry Normal fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 28, 2015

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

They showed the Batmobile skins, or at least a few of them. They're just texture swaps, the model still looks the same, you're not gonna be riding around in a 60's Batmobile, just an Arkham Batmobile with Red and Black coloring.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Quickly Robin, back to the $60 version!

Canemacar
Mar 8, 2008

Perry Normal posted:

My ideal list -

The Tumbler
89 Keaton-mobile
Adam West-mobile
Animated series

EDIT - Now that I think about it, where it says a skin as opposed to a new model, would the really long models like BTAS and 89 be possible?

Joel Schumacher's rave-club batmobile!

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Canemacar posted:

Joel Schumacher's rave-club batmobile!

The best thing about Batman and Robin is the subtle implication Batman literally wastes all of his money on every possible gadget or vehicle he could ever imagine needing.

Like Bat Ice Skates. :allears:

The Joe Man
Apr 7, 2007

Flirting With Apathetic Waitresses Since 1984
Not buying anything until they do a GOTY edition or whatever but I just got an email from Nuuvem and the base-game pre-order is $27.22 over there. So if you pre-ordered on Steam, just cancel and get it from Nuuvem. Didn't look to see if they have the SP available but that'll likely be cheaper when it hits their store too.

And before anyone asks, yes, Nuuvem is legit.

EDIT: And to pre-emptively help anyone out that's never used Nuuvem before, you'll want to use a Chrome plug-in called Hola Better Internet and set your region to Argentina.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Brlhs9c9P2M

Here's a video breaking down the new trailer.

Catwoman seems to be wearing a Riddler collar. I... sincerely hope this doesn't lead to the kind of unfortunate dialogue I'm imagining.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Best Buy is offering a preorder bonus that adds a new takedown and the ability to throw Batarangs in flight and some other 'Waynetech upgrades' :psyduck:

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Chasiubao posted:

Best Buy is offering a preorder bonus that adds a new takedown and the ability to throw Batarangs in flight and some other 'Waynetech upgrades' :psyduck:

Throwing Batarangs in flight is supposed to be a standard feature in the game, so either you misread, they misworded, or some REAL poo poo's about to go down PR-wise.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

I bet it's just an early unlock, so you start off with that ability instead of having to spend XP to unlock it.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Perry Normal posted:

My ideal list -

The Tumbler
89 Keaton-mobile
Adam West-mobile
Animated series

Wasn't there an arcade game that does that?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Crappy Jack posted:

I bet it's just an early unlock, so you start off with that ability instead of having to spend XP to unlock it.

Yeah, absolutely it's this. Free early unlock. Shadow of Mordor had similar stuff.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

Pirate Jet posted:

Throwing Batarangs in flight is supposed to be a standard feature in the game, so either you misread, they misworded, or some REAL poo poo's about to go down PR-wise.

Oh sorry I missed a word. It's multiple Batarangs in flight. I'd still rather take the GameStop bonus and play as another character (Red Hood).

Hip-Hoptimus Rhyme
Mar 19, 2009

Gods don't make mistakes

bunnyofdoom posted:

Wasn't there an arcade game that does that?

Yes, it's a game where Batman speeds through Gotham crashing into cop cars and shooting missiles to stop criminals. It was very fun to do this in the Adam West-mobile.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Considering the DLC for Arkham City was the forgettable Harley Quinn's Revenge along with some challenge maps and costumes, I would wait before buying the season pass for Arkham Knight. An added $40 is a lot if it's going to be the same level of content.

TechnoSyndrome
Apr 10, 2009

STARE
I can't find a listing for the American prices, but there's apparently a Premium Edition of the game that bundles it with the season pass. The Season Pass alone is £32.99, while the Premium Edition is £87.98 for console, and £67.98 for PC. That's a pretty significant price difference on PC, hopefully the same will be true in the US.

Edit: Checked on Steam and the Premium Edition is already up, going for the same $99.99 price as the consoles. So instead of buying the game and the pass individually for a combined total of $99.98, you can instead buy a bundle of them together for... $99.99. What the gently caress is even the point.

TechnoSyndrome fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Apr 29, 2015

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
What was so bad about Catwoman in Arkham City? I admit I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the plot/dialogue (both pretty bad iirc, but that's par the course for games), but nothing stood out as being especially offensive.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

What was so bad about Catwoman in Arkham City? I admit I wasn't paying a lot of attention to the plot/dialogue (both pretty bad iirc, but that's par the course for games), but nothing stood out as being especially offensive.

Her costume alone.

Seriously.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax
Superhero costumes look stupid as a rule, don't they?

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Superhero costumes look stupid as a rule, don't they?

There's a whole rabbit hole here involving power fantasies versus sexual fantasies and male gaze and rape culture that nobody here wants to go down. Just trust that Catwoman is awful and move on.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
Eh, I thought she was okay aside from not zipping up her suit despite it being like freezing outside. It really wouldn't have taken that much effort, surely.

Faux-Ass Nonsense
Feb 9, 2013

by Lowtax

Phylodox posted:

There's a whole rabbit hole here involving power fantasies versus sexual fantasies and male gaze and rape culture that nobody here wants to go down. Just trust that Catwoman is awful and move on.

Shouldn't this level of analysis be reserved for entertainment products that aren't, as a rule, on par with C-movies when it comes to the writing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Shouldn't this level of analysis be reserved for entertainment products that aren't, as a rule, on par with C-movies when it comes to the writing?

No, but neither should it derail this thread. There used to be a minority opinions on gaming thread. Is that still a thing?

• Locked thread