Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

to elaborate: the more games we play, the more i find that this type of hypothesizing doesn't actually really help us hunt scum, especially not on day 2, it just distracts us from the hunting as people just spend most of a day putting forward their pet theories.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

to elaborate: the more games we play, the more i find that this type of hypothesizing doesn't actually really help us hunt scum, especially not on day 2, it just distracts us from the hunting as people just spend most of a day putting forward their pet theories.

yup, I agree. whatever the story is re: sk / 2 scum factions / town vig, our task remains exactly the same

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
Actually going from the flavour text:

Anidav posted:

Ah yes, that makes sense...

Given she's only 8 bit I have nothing to worry about...

All I need to have is a plan to increase my marketshare while also finding the unknown thr-

*Crrrrrreeeeeaaaakkkkk

Huh? Is someone there?

By Alex Kidd, it's you...

BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZT

I'm pretty sure birdstrike was investigating bifauxnen - probably based on her anti-SEGA rhetoric yesterday. if I'm correct then that at least rules out PGO, leaving SK and vig as the most likely options - game's too small for multiple scum teams. Given Auspol's bad experience with vigs I'm inclined to agree with Gaspy that it's probably a serial killer.

maybe that doesn't help much, but at least investigators don't need to worry about getting gunned down.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
When I see a dead badge, my gut tells me a PGO is probably involved. Poor sap picked the wrong guy to follow. I reviewed Birdstrikes posts and sadly I couldn't tell who he was most suspicious of. Which is a pity, because if we knew who this nutburger was we could spare our deputy the same fate. Assuming we're lucky enough to have one.

Gwynstinct has me looking at Bowmore or TOML any time two folks bicker for that long it makes me think it's a smokescreen. Could be overthinking, but that doesn't sound like me. I don't know Bowmore and Gaspy seems to like them but that doesn't mean they're innocent. They seem scummy to me, but then they said they are bad at mafia. I can sympathize with that predicament.

Sorry for sparse posts in general, currently house sitting at family members house so that their cats stay fed. Gimp internet. Having to ricochet between houses to also maintain my new garden. Will try and post more usefully, but I am largely relegated to phone posts.

TBK's theories are bad. Might be the PGO in question.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Those On My Left (1): SKY COQ, bowmore, bowmore
bowmore (1): Those On My Left
thatbastardken (1): Asphyxious

Not Voting (9): bowmore, everythingWasBees, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, Matthew Beet, MC Eating Disorder, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun, thatbastardken

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 29th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 8 hours, 58 minutes.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Alternatively, my comedy option for guessing the scumteam is:

EverythingWasBees
Gough Suppressant
MC Eating Disorder
MysticalMachineGun

Or should I say...

Whereby invest SEGA
SEGA thugs! Run, pops!
SEGA mind director
A SEGA mimic lynch nut

this is the only post in which bif suggests anything, and it's pretty clearly all jokes based on her preference for nintendo. Birdstrike was Sega and town, so that's probably not a factor at this stage.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

bowmore posted:

It would not surprise me at all if the scum were sega

bowmore posted:

also was this a subconscious, -almost involuntary defence of MB?

something a scum buddy would do

Birdstrike posted:

sure why not?

bowmore - wrong on sega, wrong on birdstrike, what else is he wrong on? a suspicious cavalcade of incompetence.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

the longer asphyxious goes without responding to any of the requests to explain his tbk vote the more inclined i am to switch my vote to asphyxious.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

he may be stuck at work or something.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
So I'm gonna be at work a bit later than I thought tonight so I wanna get some content in while I'm on break

thatbastardken posted:

this is the only post in which bif suggests anything, and it's pretty clearly all jokes based on her preference for nintendo. Birdstrike was Sega and town, so that's probably not a factor at this stage.

Actually she's mentioned sega being scum a couple of times now. It's not that important as far as I can tell since we've had a flip from Nintendo AND sega and setup speculation is dumb as hell this early on, but it was important enough to note in my spreadsheet for the game on d1 and bif was certainly the one suggesting it the most so I thought that's worth pointing out

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

thatbastardken posted:

he may be stuck at work or something.

asphyxious has made about six posts today. he's cared enough to keep his post count up but not enough to actually engage with anyone asking what's behind his vote.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok that's stretching the definition of 'content' but if anything else brilliant hits me in the next 25 minutes I'll be around

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Those On My Left posted:

the longer asphyxious goes without responding to any of the requests to explain his tbk vote the more inclined i am to switch my vote to asphyxious.

subtly trying to get a bandwagon going, hmmmmm?

But yeah I'd really like gaspy to answer my question about WHY we should vote for tbk. And please don't try to give us some inscrutable, "I have my reasons" crap.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##unvote

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Also I'm at uni til 7 tonight so y'all better not hammer too early again :colbert:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

asphyxious is active in the other thread, but, yeah, guess he still cbf explaining his vote.

##vote asphyxious

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.

Those On My Left posted:

asphyxious is active in the other thread, but, yeah, guess he still cbf explaining his vote.

##vote asphyxious

"Oh no that guy I was randomly pushing for isn't doing what I want guess I have no choice but to vote for him!"

Oh please.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

"Oh no that guy I was randomly pushing for isn't doing what I want guess I have no choice but to vote for him!"

Oh please.

:shrug:

if you're town and have a good reason to think tbk is scum, you should want everyone else to vote tbk so that we can eliminate a scum.

you're not doing anything to encourage anyone to vote tbk, but you're voting for him anyway

tell me how this behaviour is pro-town

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

also i see you found time to make a post in this thread but didn't actually answer the question that mithranderp asked, the question that i asked, the question that beet asked, and the question that MCED asked

like, you have to have a pretty good reason for openly ignoring a question asked of you by four other players

so could you please let us know what it is

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

##vote asphyxious

Lol this is such a stretch. Why are you reaching so far on this one toml?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

it's day 2, there's very little discussion or ~data~ being generated, which is bad for town as it increases the chance of an unreasoned lynch or a no-lynch

i am trying to get things going, and honestly i am skeptical of the way asphyxious is ignoring the questions asked of him in the thread

a question that you asked him, by the way

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

I can understand that people might be demoralized, but yeah, TOML is doing the right thing. Gaspy, why are you voting for me? It's a fair question.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

there you are again, sitting around, ignoring the perfectly legitimate question that the thread has asked. you're not even engaging, you're just throwing shade on people who are trying to

if you could explain how literally anything you've done so far has been pro-town that'd be great

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Maybe he can't explain his thoughts, Tom. That happens. You just come across as picking on him. I'm trying not to let this effect my own investigation.

You're better than this, Tom. Gaspy will come up with something good, or he'll be incompetent scum. Minimum concern.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

there you are again, sitting around, ignoring the perfectly legitimate question that the thread has asked. you're not even engaging, you're just throwing shade on people who are trying to

if you could explain how literally anything you've done so far has been pro-town that'd be great

I voted against lynching a towny (more than you've done)

I've worked out that there's definitely a SK (more than you've done)

I'm not trying to lead a lynch on a town player now (more than you've done)

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Gwynplaine posted:

Maybe he can't explain his thoughts, Tom. That happens. You just come across as picking on him. I'm trying not to let this effect my own investigation.

You're better than this, Tom. Gaspy will come up with something good, or he'll be incompetent scum. Minimum concern.

he's not even responding to any post that asks him a question. he's not saying "hey, gut feeling" or "can't tell you, that would compromise my position". he's just refusing to engage with the thread at all.

honestly though, it's a pretty good play, because it appears like the rest of auspol finds that behaviour far less suspect than actually trying to generate some loving discussion in a game that is based almost entirely around discussion :rolleyes:

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

he's not even responding to any post that asks him a question. he's not saying "hey, gut feeling" or "can't tell you, that would compromise my position". he's just refusing to engage with the thread at all.

honestly though, it's a pretty good play, because it appears like the rest of auspol finds that behaviour far less suspect than actually trying to generate some loving discussion in a game that is based almost entirely around discussion :rolleyes:

I've been told I'm not allowed to be "inscrutable" by mith so I guess you'll have to live with it until I hit pay dirt.

Thanks for that, Mith. Pro move.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I've worked out that there's definitely a SK (more than you've done)
show your working. there's literally no reason for anyone to believe that you've definitively established that there's a SK. gaspy, we've played too many games together, i've seen you do this so many times: get all declarative and omniscient. thing is you're wrong as often as you're right, if not more. so if you want anyone with two functioning brain cells to actually believe you, you have to persuade them

Asphyxious posted:

I'm not trying to lead a lynch on a town player now (more than you've done)
talk is cheap, but this talk is so loving cheap it's worthless

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

And honestly not engaging with the thread is probably better than being unchill? :mills:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

also i see you found time to make a post in this thread but didn't actually answer the question that mithranderp asked, the question that i asked, the question that beet asked, and the question that MCED asked

like, you have to have a pretty good reason for openly ignoring a question asked of you by four other players

so could you please let us know what it is

I want the answer too but you're talking about twenty minutes here dude.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

I want the answer too but you're talking about twenty minutes here dude.

what?

1) gaspy made a bunch of posts at the start of day, in between which people asked him to explain his tbk vote.
2) gaspy disappeared
3) people continued to ask questions
4) gaspy posted in other thread
5) i pointed out that he was posting in the other thread but ignoring everyone's questions here
6) gaspy came here and continued to give the thread absolutely no material whatsoever regarding his tbk vote

the shade that you are throwing on me now is really disappointing tbqh, you know better than most people that mafia needs discussion to actually work as a game. well, it's D2 and gently caress all has been said, and 90% of what's been said has involved me - whether it was my spat with bowmore, or my current spat re: gaspy. if you want me to shut up i guess i can, but there's every indication that this will be followed by town loving sleepwalking into a no-lynch

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

thatbastardken posted:

I can understand that people might be demoralized, but yeah, TOML is doing the right thing. Gaspy, why are you voting for me? It's a fair question.

Yeah it's a fair question, I even asked it, the beat up about him disappearing, avoiding queries and then posting in the other thread first " Omg he's scum" , isn't. That's a beat up.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

how is it possible that one poster can say they are certain that (1) there's a serial killer, and (2) TBK is scum, and yet it's the poster who asks "hey could you tell us more about this" who gets labelled as suss

what is wrong with you auspol

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Maybe because I'm just trying to investigate and see what's going on instead of doing a really obvious beat up?

What's wrong with Auspol?

its you.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Maybe because I'm just trying to investigate and see what's going on instead of doing a really obvious beat up?

What's wrong with Auspol?

its you.

:rolleyes:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

what?

1) gaspy made a bunch of posts at the start of day, in between which people asked him to explain his tbk vote.
2) gaspy disappeared
3) people continued to ask questions
4) gaspy posted in other thread
5) i pointed out that he was posting in the other thread but ignoring everyone's questions here
6) gaspy came here and continued to give the thread absolutely no material whatsoever regarding his tbk vote

the shade that you are throwing on me now is really disappointing tbqh, you know better than most people that mafia needs discussion to actually work as a game. well, it's D2 and gently caress all has been said, and 90% of what's been said has involved me - whether it was my spat with bowmore, or my current spat re: gaspy. if you want me to shut up i guess i can, but there's every indication that this will be followed by town loving sleepwalking into a no-lynch

You're throwing thus shade on tours elf.

I'm on my phone so this is hard to get together, but from what I can see of the timestamps gaspy has stopped posting for three hours or so before his reappearance. So his last posts he posted in chill thread, posted here after that then disappeared from both threads for a few hours.

Then he comes back, posts in chill thread and posts back here within half an hour.

That's not a big deal toml, especially chill toml who was going to be more chill like bell jar in mafia and is now clock watching player posts.

##vote those on my left

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

what investigation though? you haven't really done anything.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

thatbastardken posted:

what investigation though? you haven't really done anything.

Are you psychic now?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

how is it possible that one poster can say they are certain that (1) there's a serial killer, and (2) TBK is scum, and yet it's the poster who asks "hey could you tell us more about this" who gets labelled as suss

what is wrong with you auspol

Because it's a weak argument, and it looks to me you're trying to defend tbk. So I ask you why? Why tbk?

That said.

I'd still like gaspy to answer though.

Gaspy, spit out whatever your opinion is because the longer it goes on the less likely it is you're town in my opinion.

• Locked thread