Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'm trying to explain that I'm a person who wishes to live a very quiet life.
Because investigations don't work super great when people know they're being investigated. Like forgive me for not giving a blow by blow of my workings but that kind of defeats the point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Asphyxious posted:

I've been told I'm not allowed to be "inscrutable" by mith so I guess you'll have to live with it until I hit pay dirt.

Thanks for that, Mith. Pro move.

Just spit it out.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

You're throwing thus shade on tours elf.

I'm on my phone so this is hard to get together, but from what I can see of the timestamps gaspy has stopped posting for three hours or so before his reappearance. So his last posts he posted in chill thread, posted here after that then disappeared from both threads for a few hours.

Then he comes back, posts in chill thread and posts back here within half an hour.

That's not a big deal toml, especially chill toml who was going to be more chill like bell jar in mafia and is now clock watching player posts.

##vote those on my left

okay thread, there you go. you've got some data now. you can go back and re-read D1 and D2 and see who you think you should vote for, and maybe have a discussion about it. if you decide to vote for the guy who's done 90% of the legwork in actually generating conversation today for you to have a look at, you're an idiot

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

okay thread, there you go. you've got some data now. you can go back and re-read D1 and D2 and see who you think you should vote for, and maybe have a discussion about it. if you decide to vote for the guy who's done 90% of the legwork in actually generating conversation today for you to have a look at, you're an idiot

Or you could back up your argument and go grab those timestamps toml. What's stopping you?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Because it's a weak argument, and it looks to me you're trying to defend tbk. So I ask you why? Why tbk?

That said.

I'd still like gaspy to answer though.

Gaspy, spit out whatever your opinion is because the longer it goes on the less likely it is you're town in my opinion.

I'm out shopping. I'm not going to phone post anything. Especially since I'm still gathering data.

You picked up on TOML coming across as defending ken so that's part of it.

Picking a serial killer is to do with my role.

I picked ken because his day one posts were pretty well identical to the other times he's been scum in size, content and complete non sequitur.

Not actually sold on ken but seeing the results from the inevitable discussion that comes from it.

There's more.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!

Asphyxious posted:

Are you psychic now?

Asphyxious posted:

Because investigations don't work super great when people know they're being investigated. Like forgive me for not giving a blow by blow of my workings but that kind of defeats the point.

I can only comment on what you've done in the thread, I have no idea what you might have done last night in terms of investigating.

Thank you for providing that scintillating analysis of the way I play every single day one in every mafia game.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Or you could back up your argument and go grab those timestamps toml. What's stopping you?

ok

29/4/15 10:03 MCED asks gaspy about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:12 gaspy posts, ignores question about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:20 MCED replies to gaspy, again asks about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:23 gaspy posts again, again ignores question about TBK vote, actually votes TBK again
29/4/15 10:25 gaspy posts again, again ignores question about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:52 mith asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:01 beet asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:03 tbk asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:03 gaspy posts again, ignores questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 13:47 i post saying i want gaspy to answer questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 14:13 i post again saying i want gaspy to answer questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 14:30 mith asks gaspy about tbk vote
29/4/15 15:52 i point out that gaspy has been active in the other thread
29/4/15 15:54 gaspy arrives, argues with me, continues to ignore questions re: tbk

gaspy was active in the other thread at

11:40 (by which time mith and MCED had asked questions about TBK vote)
15:29 (by which time beet and tbk and I had also asked questions about TBK vote)

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Ignoring the question provided conversation.

You provided a dummy spit.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

That you actually prefaced day one before anything even happened.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

Ignoring the question provided conversation.

You provided a dummy spit.

:rolleyes:

"by not contributing to the conversation, I in fact contributed something incredibly valuable to the conversation - the contributions of others"

this is so silly

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

*gaspy gives pro town reasons to not lynch krell*

"Okay let's all agree to lynch gaspy next"

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Those On My Left (2): SKY COQ, bowmore, bowmore, Matthew Beet
Asphyxious (1): Those On My Left
thatbastardken (1): Asphyxious
bowmore (0): Those On My Left, Those On My Left

Not Voting (8): bowmore, everythingWasBees, Gough Suppressant, Gwynplaine, MC Eating Disorder, Mithranderp, MysticalMachineGun, thatbastardken

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to lynch. The current deadline is April 29th, 2015 at 10 p.m. EST -- that's in about 5 hours, 19 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

ok

29/4/15 10:03 MCED asks gaspy about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:12 gaspy posts, ignores question about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:20 MCED replies to gaspy, again asks about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:23 gaspy posts again, again ignores question about TBK vote, actually votes TBK again
29/4/15 10:25 gaspy posts again, again ignores question about TBK vote
29/4/15 10:52 mith asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:01 beet asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:03 tbk asks gaspy about the tbk vote
29/4/15 12:03 gaspy posts again, ignores questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 13:47 i post saying i want gaspy to answer questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 14:13 i post again saying i want gaspy to answer questions about tbk vote
29/4/15 14:30 mith asks gaspy about tbk vote
29/4/15 15:52 i point out that gaspy has been active in the other thread
29/4/15 15:54 gaspy arrives, argues with me, continues to ignore questions re: tbk

gaspy was active in the other thread at

11:40 (by which time mith and MCED had asked questions about TBK vote)
15:29 (by which time beet and tbk and I had also asked questions about TBK vote)

Thanks. It's hard as poo poo to do easily in awful app.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

*gaspy gives pro town reasons to not lynch krell*

"Okay let's all agree to lynch gaspy next"

you are reading way too much into what was clearly a joke post between me and beet

re: your "pro-town reasons to not lynch krell", i really don't care. it could be mod-confirmed d1 that krell is a beloved princess and i'd still vote to lynch him because i don't want to play with anyone who posts a screen full of rear end to mouth gifs

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hmm I'll think on this.

One quick thought, Toml have you wondered what if gaspy has some role that's informing his decision and you're effectively pushing for a role claim?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

you are reading way too much into what was clearly a joke post between me and beet

What if I wasn't joking? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Matthew Beet posted:

Hmm I'll think on this.

One quick thought, Toml have you wondered what if gaspy has some role that's informing his decision and you're effectively pushing for a role claim?

Nah I don't think he could have known that.

But I already have reason to believe that *someone* already worked out I had a role.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

Hmm I'll think on this.

as i said to gwyn, i wasn't pushing for gaspy to tip his hand and post detailed reasons as to why he thinks it's tbk. i was pushing for literally any response whatsoever. I would have settled for "it's a gut feeling", but instead you, mith, MCED and I all got flat out ignored, which bugs me for the reasons i've expressed

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I am really sorry, I might have missed something. I respect that gaspy won't reveal his investigation techniques but how did he prove there was an SK? If explaining that would reveal too much, that's cool but I'm dubious of proof in a game of Mafia. There are always multiple explanations.

Doubtless it will be in his effort post.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Those On My Left posted:

as i said to gwyn, i wasn't pushing for gaspy to tip his hand and post detailed reasons as to why he thinks it's tbk. i was pushing for literally any response whatsoever. I would have settled for "it's a gut feeling", but instead you, mith, MCED and I all got flat out ignored, which bugs me for the reasons i've expressed

This is what's worrying me about your posts. It's like you're including us to force some sort of camaraderie and make an us / other type dynamic. I know what I asked and mentioned it myself but this is the second time you mentioned it and the other time you actually asked if I remembered it. Of course I do, why so you feel the need to do this?

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Gwynplaine posted:

I am really sorry, I might have missed something. I respect that gaspy won't reveal his investigation techniques but how did he prove there was an SK? If explaining that would reveal too much, that's cool but I'm dubious of proof in a game of Mafia. There are always multiple explanations.

Doubtless it will be in his effort post.

Whoa don't put words in my mouth and don't misread my posts.

I didn't "prove" there was an SK, I know it.

And there's no "effort post". I don't do that unless I'm sure I've got a gotcha. Otherwise I just try different things and get what I can from the results.

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
Whoa, sorry

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm starting to think Asph is scum

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Asphyxious posted:

I voted against lynching a towny (more than you've done)

I've worked out that there's definitely a SK (more than you've done)

I'm not trying to lead a lynch on a town player now (more than you've done)

I didn't read anything after this because I'm still at work and I'm toilet posting but this is a bullshit scummy post

I'll be back to read the rest and explain why if anybody can't see the big red flags once I'm not getting paid to poo poo but ##vote asphyxious

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Worried that the lynch won't go the way you want it scumdoc? Bit early to get this desperate.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

I'll role claim before I die, which will exonerate me. Who will double down? Who will see sense?

Why am I not roleclaiming now? Well, you'll see I guess.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Posting in my mid lecture break.

Asphyxious posted:

Nah I don't think he could have known that.

But I already have reason to believe that *someone* already worked out I had a role.

Interesting.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Asphyxious posted:

I'll role claim before I die, which will exonerate me. Who will double down? Who will see sense?

Why am I not roleclaiming now? Well, you'll see I guess.

quote:

teehee i totally have an important role, which I will only reveal if sufficiently threatened! this is a sensible thing to say!

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

##unvote for now.

Mith's posting looks very much like her scum posting.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

to be more specific i was in a scum team with mith once, and she was scum in a game that i modded

in each game she posted very sporadically, mostly one liners

she never really did her own scum hunting but just pushed and prodded, often without actually casting a vote

so, pretty much exactly how she's posting here

##vote Mithranderp

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

Those On My Left posted:

to be more specific i was in a scum team with mith once, and she was scum in a game that i modded

in each game she posted very sporadically, mostly one liners

she never really did her own scum hunting but just pushed and prodded, often without actually casting a vote

so, pretty much exactly how she's posting here

##vote Mithranderp

Nice :)

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

that...seems reasonable. much better than gaspy's 'ohohoho I have a secret but i'll never tell' school of play.

##vote Mithranderp

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I hardly ever do my own scum hunting, except for that one time where I accidentally pinged tirade.

But yeah nah.

I'm town, I have a role, and I visited gaspy last night.

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

TOML defends ken.

Ken backs up TOML.

Also :siren: suspicious punctuation :siren:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
##vote Asphyxious

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Asphyxious posted:

TOML defends ken.

Ken backs up TOML.

Also :siren: suspicious punctuation :siren:

Yep.

They are connecting with each other a bit.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

##vote Asphyxious
I don't like that you are content to sit on the sidelines and commentate while not making any calls yourself, no votes etc

also defending krell yesterday like you definitely knew he was going to flip town so you wanted that "sweet town cred"

Asphyxious
Jun 25, 2012

bowmore posted:

##vote Asphyxious

I'm prompting ironicat here but do you get paid a dollar for every time you do something stupidly scummy?

You're pushing a role claim. Whoop whoop.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
aside from a barely explained vote on ken

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

Yep.

They are connecting with each other a bit.

we are young and in love, please don't shame us.

• Locked thread