Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Does the DwarfNet work like a gill net or is it more of a seine net?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
How much raw putrid text is in DwarfNet? How many vile words have the sludge overlords excreted onto the toilet paper that is this videogame?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Shakenbaker posted:

Does the DwarfNet work like a gill net or is it more of a seine net?

Seine.

CJ posted:

What's DwarfNet?

A huge timesink inside Barkley 2 that acts as a mirror to your soul.

quote:

How much raw putrid text is in DwarfNet? How many vile words have the sludge overlords excreted onto the toilet paper that is this videogame?

Too much. Religion debates, check. Videogame lore debates, check. Scams, check. Poems, check. Rants and raves, check.

I myself have a .txt file sitting on my computer where I add in any and all vile and stupid comments on youtube that I have come across. Will expand my horizons to include Reddit and Twitter in the near future. Only gamer.txt level garbage is acceptable.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Apr 26, 2015

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer
will dwarfNET have a missed connections section?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Is this paid-mods system introduced by Gabe Newell an ARG designed to introduce we, the vidconspielerien population, to the horror that is Cu Chullain's domination of Necron 7?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

You were wearing red nikes and a white headband. I was wearing my Jordans and tearaway pants. I broke your ankles, you broke my heart. Id like to see you again, sometime

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

100 HOGS AGREE posted:

There is a dating section right now if that counts.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gortarius posted:

There is a dating section right now if that counts.

That's one of my questions answered...

Are there any quests that you get by reading dwarfnet? Any banner ads? Is it possible to be banned from dwarfnet?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Chas McGill posted:

That's one of my questions answered...

Are there any quests that you get by reading dwarfnet? Any banner ads? Is it possible to be banned from dwarfnet?

In theory you could get banned from Dwarfnet, the feature for that exists. There are many others who did not adhere to the rules and regulations of Dwarnet and are now banned for good. Knowing the ToGsters they will most likely add in some events that will lead into X114JAM9 getting banned if he participates in them.

Some quests utilize Dwarfnet. You might also find out some secrets through browsing DwarfNET.

The feature to add in banner ads all over Dwarfnet exists, the actual ads don't... yet.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Do any Dwarfnet posters correspond with actual NPCs?
Is it possible to track down someone who disses you on Dwarfnet and kick their rear end?

Cybershell
Jun 12, 2007

I hold all of you in the highest contempt
According to the Kickstarter it costs $420 to be a poster in the Dwarfnet, but how much would it cost if instead I just sent that money directly to you under the table Gortarious?

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

If you post bad enough, you'd probably get to be a DwarfNET poster for free!

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Simsmagic posted:

If you post bad enough, you'd probably get to be a DwarfNET poster for free!

I've trained my entire life for this...

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
All dwarfnet posts will be posts about posting.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
brokenpromises.jpg

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Schwarzwald posted:

Is it possible to track down someone who disses you on Dwarfnet and kick their rear end?

Right now I think there is only a very few NPCs with Dwarfnet access. I would like all of the dwarfnet users to have a corresponding NPC and it just so happens that there is a shortage of filler NPCs to fill in areas other than Tir na Nog. Time to get my hands dirty.

Tnn is nothing but filler NPCs. Clown evangelists and moping homeless people.

Cybershell posted:

According to the Kickstarter it costs $420 to be a poster in the Dwarfnet, but how much would it cost if instead I just sent that money directly to you under the table Gortarious?

However much 420 USD is in Bitcoins. Send them through the Tor network, I gotta keep a low profile ever since that dorito heist.

Heh, you gullible saps believe anything... I'd feel bad for you if I wasn't swimming in your money.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm always glad when subcultures that shouldn't exist get the chance to spread and as such I hope that none of y'all ToG'sters perish under mysterious, aviation-related circumstances, at least before the game is out.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
How many megs of datas is the current full text of DwarfNet? How big do you expect it to get?

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Gortarius posted:

Tnn is nothing but filler NPCs. Clown evangelists and moping homeless people.
Sweet Jesus. There better be a quest to cleanse TNN of the grease painted scourge or at least free the clowns from their pitiful, degenerate existence.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Clowns are okay but what about Cluwnes, hideous cursed clowns from Space Station 13.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

I think there should not be cluwnes in Barkley 2.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Dabir posted:

I must respectfully disagree with your opinion.

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Dabir posted:

have you seen the developers

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot
Here's a lil' something that I forgot was just sitting on my harddrive

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76Qdv2ZkrAw

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe

Gortarius posted:

Just as I expected...piles of garbage

Lord Chumley
May 14, 2007

Embrace your destiny.

Gortarius posted:

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2, making some Wasteland maps

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2, making some Waste land maps

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Gortarius posted:

I can't believe you'd use the "Cigna editor" after how well RPGMaker treated you.
I suppose this goes to show what Tale's of Game's thinks of family values such as brand loyalty!

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.

Chas McGill posted:

Just as I expected...piles of garbage

Finally, the garbage I've been promised. Game of the year, 10/10

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Gortarius posted:

I myself have a .txt file sitting on my computer where I add in any and all vile and stupid comments on youtube that I have come across. Will expand my horizons to include Reddit and Twitter in the near future. Only gamer.txt level garbage is acceptable.

This may prove useful.

https://twitter.com/GamersTXT

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Schwarzwald posted:

:agreed:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Hmm yes, this is good.

HMS Boromir
Jul 16, 2011

by Lowtax
oh are you accepting submissions now?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

Gortarius posted:

It's not a swamp! Cool!

When do I get my hands on your toolset and textures/sprites so I can try my hand at making mountains of garbage?

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Freakazoid_ posted:

It's not a swamp! Cool!

When do I get my hands on your toolset and textures/sprites so I can try my hand at making mountains of garbage?

The editor is called Ogmo and is already freely available. We are using a slightly modified version which is faster or something. The only thing you'd really need is the project file(s) which contain the tilesets, objects and whatever else. Not sure how willing the ToG corporate c*nts are to hand that poo poo over, although in my eyes it's really not a big deal at all.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Gortarius posted:

Barkley 2, making some Wasteland maps

... ToG's in the pocket of Big Retro RPG, as suspected?!! :rolleyes:

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Arzachel posted:

... ToG's in the pocket of Big Retro RPG, as suspected?!! :rolleyes:

You got it pal.

EDIT:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Pe7BN4Zhxo

Here is a clip from a comedy RPG "Grandia 2" that we have all studied well to get the tone for Barkley 2 just right.

What's that? It's supposed to be serious? Oh.

Gortarius fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Apr 28, 2015

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

The cartoon punchy sound when the brother guy dramatically fell to the ground at the end was MAGICAL.

Gortarius
Jun 6, 2013

idiot

Mr. Lobe posted:

The cartoon punchy sound when the brother guy dramatically fell to the ground at the end was MAGICAL.

It was the perfect sound to use.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

It needs more Games as Art type posts, things like "The timer in Mario was the ultimate in games as art because it wasn't just counting down to Mario's death, it was counting off seconds of my own life spent gaming as well."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

So will there be an event where someone can win the coveted "Baller of Ballers" position and get a life long stipend for it?