Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Can someone explain how impromptu races work? I've had them as my daily challenge twice now, and I've never gotten one to work. I invite people and start driving towards the waypoint, but then it says I've left the race area.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Zaphod42 posted:

armored cars can give an okay payout

I came across one yesterday and I pulled up behind it, chucked a sticky at the back doors and blew them open. The cops were pissed, but the truck didn't actually drop anything. Is that normal?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Lester Shy posted:

Can someone explain how impromptu races work? I've had them as my daily challenge twice now, and I've never gotten one to work. I invite people and start driving towards the waypoint, but then it says I've left the race area.

Someone has to accept, which appears as a phone notification. Then there's a 3 second countdown like a normal race.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Lester Shy posted:

You both have to stay still at the start point you create while it counts you down, otherwise it'll DQ you. You also have to get somebody else at the start point without them killing you.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting people to accept an impromptu race is like pulling teeth.

Hydra was worth every single buck. So fun. It's like I'm playing True Lies: The Game. :allears:

Hell, I even used it to do the mission where you kill the Judge on the vineyard for Martin.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mondian posted:

I came across one yesterday and I pulled up behind it, chucked a sticky at the back doors and blew them open. The cops were pissed, but the truck didn't actually drop anything. Is that normal?

Nah, if you blow the back open with a sticky or a shotgun you should get like 5-10K in cash.

If you destroy the car completely like with grenades or rockets you don't get anything, so maybe that's what happened? That or it glitched out.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Sometimes they don't drop poo poo, it happens.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Are there no sweaters in Online? I was so hoping for a douchey yachting look.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Mondian posted:

the truck didn't actually drop anything. Is that normal?

Unfortunately, yes.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

I hope this dumb armored-Kurumas-everywhere phase ends soon.

Even beyond the armored-ness, one of the best things about it is how much force it has in collisions. It handles like a Sultan and hits like a truck. Versus the Dukes, for example, which flips up in the air like Voltic when it hits much of anything. I had to sell mine for that reason.

Still looking for a good new car to drive. I think I'm coming back around to my first love, the Injection. Not agile but fun, good bullet protection from the rear, looks like Nazis invaded TRON when it's matte black + purple lights.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Sax Solo posted:

I hope this dumb armored-Kurumas-everywhere phase ends soon.

When the NPCS stop being such deadly crackshots and players stop dying so quickly then maybe Kuruma abuse will stop. It's cheapness fighting back against cheapness.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

A decent balance move would just be to make it impossible to shoot from. Fully protected, but you have to run people over.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

various cheeses posted:

A decent balance move would just be to make it impossible to shoot from. Fully protected, but you have to run people over.

If you're travelling at full speed it will usually outright kill somebody if they get hit.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Just get the Insurgent, cars will never be in your way.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

various cheeses posted:

I would support the hell out of this, and would go back to playing normal free roam.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

various cheeses posted:

This would be good. I hope R* realizes how loving dumb those things are. I just did a 10 minute chase against another Kuruma in my Kuruma, both of us swarmed by cops and completely undamaged by any aggressor. the chase ended with both of us accidentally plowing into the river and paying insurance. Then the cops killed me. Kind of funny, but fun...I think not!!!

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!
What's the verdict on the Fugitive? I think it's got four doors, good sight lines for shooting, handles fairly well with a good top speed and okay acceleration. But then again I've basically only just started to dip my feet into cars and such. I managed to get a high end apartment after lucking out with a pub Humane raid finale for one of the first few heists I did so my progression is all out of whack. :v:

ellbent
May 2, 2007

I NEVER HAD SOUL
The Kuruma is the dumbest idea. It is a half-million-dollar invincible diaper for babies who hate fun.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Sax Solo posted:

It handles like a Sultan and hits like a truck.

Pretty much. I wouldn't mind if they severely toned down its performance. As it stands the only reason to drive the Sultan over the Kuruma, that I've found, is if you have to take that winding road leading north out of the city... and its raining. The extra weight of the Kuruma makes the turns a real pain, but then again you don't know its raining until the mission loads and then its pretty much just too late.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Close enough.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

ellbent posted:

The Kuruma is the dumbest idea. It is a half-million-dollar invincible diaper for babies who hate fun.

Not exactly sure what "fun" I'm missing out on by using the karuma. All the missions are super easy, and sniping people slowly from a distance is no where near as fun as driving people over with 3 buddies shooting uzis.

I use other cars too, but getting headshot through a window is not the part about GTA that is fun.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
People who bitch about the Kuruma ruining free roam/missions/their birthday/whatever are new players who haven't played the same missions a thousand times the normal way. Nobody is making you take an armored car anywhere, so just don't take it. The rest of us are tired of grinding and like having it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The only thing I dislike about the Kuruma is that I think it looks like poo poo. I'll probably get one nevertheless.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Just get the Insurgent, cars will never be in your way.

Correction - In the Insurgent you want cars to be in your way.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Norton posted:

Not exactly sure what "fun" I'm missing out on by using the karuma. All the missions are super easy, and sniping people slowly from a distance is no where near as fun as driving people over with 3 buddies shooting uzis.

I use other cars too, but getting headshot through a window is not the part about GTA that is fun.

It's mostly about free mode. Seems like everyone driving a Kuruma loves to just drive around killing people endlessly with little risk to themselves. So far everyone else either leaves me alone but it's always a Kuruma guy who comes find me just to shoot me. It wouldn't be so bad but it's a 9000 dollar insurance tax to get him to gently caress off for a few seconds.

Minorkos fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Apr 29, 2015

HiriseSoftware
Dec 3, 2004

Two tips for the wise:
1. Buy an AK-97 assault rifle.
2. If there's someone hanging around your neighborhood you don't know, shoot him.
It tells me something about the iFruit app on my 5S when it takes longer to go from tapping the icon to get to its "home" screen than it does to click "Story Mode" and then see my SP character.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ellbent posted:

I really don't know what R* was thinking putting it in online.

Its the perfect car to have available for missions but not to be able to own yourself.

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

The kuruma is not the problem IMO, its having to pay money for killing someone's car that is retarded. The kuruma has an easy counter, you just get penalized for doing it.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Why not just make the armored kuruma a pegasus vehicle?

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
Because of all the whining, bitching, moaning, and stupid youtube videos that will follow that decision probably

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Norton posted:

The kuruma is not the problem IMO, its having to pay money for killing someone's car that is retarded. The kuruma has an easy counter, you just get penalized for doing it.

Yeah that's equally stupid. Its loving GTA, you're going to have people in cars shooting each other and then you're going to penalize me for actually doing it?

Oh okay I can kill somebody but just don't hurt their poor car :ohdear:

I could maybe understand a tax if you kill the same person over and over or if you blow up their car over and over. But if they shoot at you and you blow them up in revenge, that should be totally fair game and you shouldn't have to pay dick. The fee then is their cost for getting to attack people using an armored kuruma. :colbert:

Top Hats Monthly posted:

Why not just make the armored kuruma a pegasus vehicle?

Do you not have to pay for blowing up vehicles you get from pegasus? I mean I guess they're not insured, yeah. But you still have to pay a fee every time you call Pegasus, so I could see somebody having to pay you that fee if they blow it up.

There's no reason you shouldn't be able to park a kuruma in your garage if you want, but people should be able to blow it up then, yeah. That or nobody gets one other than missions.

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Zaphod42 posted:

I could maybe understand a tax if you kill the same person over and over or if you blow up their car over and over. But if they shoot at you and you blow them up in revenge, that should be totally fair game and you shouldn't have to pay dick. The fee then is their cost for getting to attack people using an armored kuruma. :colbert:

Most game devs have no clue what the word nuance means and push through sweeping changes instead because it takes less effort.

Programming a penalty for X kills within X duration is too much effort.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I want to pull the trigger on the non-gun Insurgent, but are the windows bulletproof?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What happens if you're winning a race in gta online and everyone leaves? Still count as a real victory?

Edit: just checked and it looks like it doesn't. Haha.

Edit 2: I checked the wrong car and it turns out it does count.

By the way, you'll also automatically win in betting on yourself in this scenario, especially if you make sure to drop $100 on at least one other racer before it begins.

Norton posted:

Stop being GTA$ broke and just accept it as a cost of doing business?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Xenaero posted:

I want to pull the trigger on the non-gun Insurgent, but are the windows bulletproof?

No. Basically the only vehicles with bulletproof windows are the armored NOOSE (or bank) trucks and the Karuma.

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?

Zaphod42 posted:

Do you not have to pay for blowing up vehicles you get from pegasus? I mean I guess they're not insured, yeah. But you still have to pay a fee...

It is about.. $200 to call in a Pegasus vehicle. And if they made it available only through there it would be worthless because just you would be better of if you buy a tank or insurgent at that point.

Is LLJK completely full? I've been doing many heists with mumble crew (RSC: Hamsammich) and always miss out on the "everyone's in the same crew" thing because I'm stuck in mountain crew.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
I noticed a few other people having the same problem as me. Trying to get online for 10 minutes where it does nothing but fail, then finally getting in and within 10 minutes, everyone else in the session leaves at the same time. A few minutes after that I get booted offline.

A ton of people are having this problem, and solutions vary. Rockstar will tell to to check your router settings, but mine were already fine. With mine, it was disabling all the Turbo NIC bullshit that Asus package with their motherboards. I didn't even realise I was running it, but there it is. By default, it shapes traffic, as well as trying to optimise ping/bandwidth. I turned all that poo poo off, and played online for an hour without getting booted once.

Worth a go, YMMV, etc.

LaserWash
Jun 28, 2006

i flunked out posted:

theres at least three of us that are on ps3 regularly, fresh420prince (me), bud f, and tenderclownhug.

fresh420prince and bud f are showing up as private on my friend requests. Could you guys open up so we can get some PS3 GTAO goon on goon action going?

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/laserwash

Anyone else playing PS3?

LaserWash fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 29, 2015

puberty worked me over
May 20, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Nintendo Kid posted:

Stop being GTA$ broke and just accept it as a cost of doing business?

Stop defending poo poo game development decisions?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Norton posted:

Use the AP pistol you scrub

• Locked thread