Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I fell asleep during Green Lantern. I'm excited to see which parts of that movie actually happened and which parts were a boredom induced fever dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Goddamn, I always love when they do these "lighthearted" romantic comedies with vile premises. Bonus points for the side discussion about anchovies on pizza. (Even Futurama once sunk this low.)

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Loverboy was one of those movies that was on heavy rotation on Cinemax in the late 80s/very early 90s.

Basically you could turn on Cinemax at any point in that era and have a 50% chance of getting an 80's sex comedy with an animated opening.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
I kinda resent my parents for never having the premium movie channels when I was growing up. I missed out on a lot of amazing things.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm surprised that their discussion of terrible animated openings didn't include Four Rooms, which basically spoils the events of entire movie in animated digest form over the opening credits.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I'm actually a bit surprised they didn't mention the voice-over montage at the end where the wives go and bail the Ex-Husband Squad out of jail and they forgive each other for the cheating and neglect, all their love for each other rekindled thanks to the infidelity and near-murder.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Evil Mastermind posted:

Loverboy was one of those movies that was on heavy rotation on Cinemax in the late 80s/very early 90s.

Basically you could turn on Cinemax at any point in that era and have a 50% chance of getting an 80's sex comedy with an animated opening.

So what you're saying is that Martin J. Cinemax III DID approve this movie.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Vosgian Beast posted:

So what you're saying is that Martin J. Cinemax III DID approve this movie.

Maybe to just fill time since there's no breasts and only one actual "sex" scene.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

Evil Mastermind posted:

Maybe to just fill time since there's no breasts and only one actual "sex" scene.

Boob movies are for dinner; movies about barely legal male prostitutes are for when the kids are getting ready for school.

AlliedBiscuit
Oct 23, 2012

Do you want to know the terrifying truth, or do you want to see me sock a few dingers?!!
drat you thread, now I'm addicted to this podcast.

The Raiden as hotel-amenities-guide gag had me practically choking. And they pointed out the similarity to Triumph the Insult Comic Dog at the same time I noticed it, too. Goddamn.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

I was listening to the Virtuosity podcast and I broke down laughing at the part where they forget the actor who plays the tech geek who gets killed by SID 6.7 and just start calling him Tom Noonan and remark that probably them and the audience are the only ones who probably know who Tom Noonan actually is.

(it's Kevin O'Connor, BTW)

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
Next week is definitely Teen Witch 2, right?

Top that!

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Been listening to this since I ran out of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. It's pretty good! Their John Depp impression sounds like a Robin Williams impression. Probably gonna listen to Mrs. Doubtfire after I finish Secret Window.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

User-Friendly posted:

Top that!

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who, when hearing "rap break", immediately thinks "Teen Witch".

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

User-Friendly posted:

Top that!

Teen Witch is fairly well-trodden ground as far as bad movies go but I still want them to do it. Also The Worst Witch if only for the inevitable Tim Curry impersonations.

Detective No. 27 posted:

Been listening to this since I ran out of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. It's pretty good! Their John Depp impression sounds like a Robin Williams impression. Probably gonna listen to Mrs. Doubtfire after I finish Secret Window.

The tangent they go on about a theoretical sequel to Mrs. Doubtfire that's a psychological thriller about the daughter as an adult being unable to form relationships with men because she expects them to peel their face off to reveal her dad is one of the best things they've ever done.

e. One of my favorite things about WHM is that they're fairly progressive, socially-aware guys while still being really funny about it and the Mrs. Doubtfire review is a great example of that.

Sleeveless fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Apr 30, 2015

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I kinda wish they had guests more often. The guy who guested in the Spawn episode was hilarious, if only because of how New Yorkish he sounded.

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS

Calaveron posted:

I kinda wish they had guests more often. The guy who guested in the Spawn episode was hilarious, if only because of how New Yorkish he sounded.

I completely disagree. Their guests are usually pretty bad and most of the time feel like they don't "get" the show.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I like the guests and I think it'd be cool if they had more in the future but this isn't Doug Loves Movies, I'm listening for the hosts not the guests.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Disaster Movie Expert Justin Case fits in really well when he's on.

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Is Justin the one that's on the Ms.Doubtfire episode? Cause I always like him as a guest

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Tiberius Christ posted:

Is Justin the one that's on the Ms.Doubtfire episode? Cause I always like him as a guest

That's Sean something or other. He was on She's All That too.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I always enjoy the WHM guests, but the show certainly doesn't need guests. They're a fun change of pace here and there, though.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Evil Mastermind posted:

I remember watching bits and pieces of Loverboy as a kid just hoping against hoped I'd see a boob. Even as a 7 year old perv I was creeped out by it.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

I don't think I've ever seen Patrick Dempsey in something and not wanted to slap that smug face.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

TetsuoTW posted:

I don't think I've ever seen Patrick Dempsey in something and not wanted to slap that smug face.

He's hilariously bad in Scream 3.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

What is Jupin referring to in the disclaimer at the beginning of the Rapture episode?

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Yaws posted:

What is Jupin referring to in the disclaimer at the beginning of the Rapture episode?

Sandy Hook, the episode date is December 21, 2012. I haven't seen the movie and don't remember the episode, but wiki says a lady shoots her daughter to rapture her.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

So that Teen Witch rap - was I the only one who thought they heard a reference to JJ Fad's Supersonic (which came out the year prior, so....)

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011

Life is good.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

I still don't really understand the concept of Podcast Networks. But if they provide pictures like this, why not?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Their Zelda Runinstein impression wasn't nearly as funny as they seemed to think it was but I'd glad that they gave her credit for her AIDS work because in addition to being awesome as a human being the pictures of her with hairy 80s gay dudes are just the :3: thing.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

How the frick do I access the WHM ON-SCREEN episodes? I want to check out their opinions on the last Star Trek but I can't seem to find it in the app I bought? Am I doing something wrong?

I've very inept at technology.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Yaws posted:

How the frick do I access the WHM ON-SCREEN episodes? I want to check out their opinions on the last Star Trek but I can't seem to find it in the app I bought? Am I doing something wrong?

You can also buy them on the bandcamp page http://www.whmpodcast.bandcamp.com/

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Tender Bender posted:

The Mortal Kombat episode is amazing if you find the Christopher Lambert as Raiden impression funny.

Hehh hehh hehh...

Their joke about how every movie should open with the title being yelled out still makes me laugh every now and then when I think of it.

:byodood: 12 YEARS A SLAAAAAAAVE!!!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Yaws posted:

Did you buy it on the Podcast Source app? (Terrible app, used to be Podcast Box I think, but it just got a redesign and new name) This one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-podcast-source/id419361759?mt=8

Because that's what I bought it on. And the newest On-Screen episode appears to be from March 2014. Kind of sucks that I bought the app with them saying I'd have access to the bonus episodes, and now they stopped that and only sell them individually, but oh well.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

thrawn527 posted:

Did you buy it on the Podcast Source app? (Terrible app, used to be Podcast Box I think, but it just got a redesign and new name) This one: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/the-podcast-source/id419361759?mt=8

Because that's what I bought it on. And the newest On-Screen episode appears to be from March 2014. Kind of sucks that I bought the app with them saying I'd have access to the bonus episodes, and now they stopped that and only sell them individually, but oh well.

I have the same app, and I can see all the On-screen episodes, up to January 2015.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

thrawn527 posted:

Yes that's the one. It's terrible and I can't find the Star Trek episode on the Band Camp page either.

I will never hear it.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Yaws posted:

Yes that's the one. It's terrible and I can't find the Star Trek episode on the Band Camp page either.

I will never hear it.

It's right between episodes 119 and 120.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

User-Friendly posted:

I have the same app, and I can see all the On-screen episodes, up to January 2015.

Ah, okay, I was wrong, I do have one from January. I guess it's just that they don't do many On-screen episodes?

I bought the app because On-Screens, side order of sleeze, and Animation Damnation were only in there. Now it seems like they basically never do the first two shows, and Animation gets posted on the main feed. I don't mind having thrown them a few bucks, I get free funny every week. I just wonder why they changed the model like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

Ah, okay, I was wrong, I do have one from January. I guess it's just that they don't do many On-screen episodes?

I bought the app because On-Screens, side order of sleeze, and Animation Damnation were only in there. Now it seems like they basically never do the first two shows, and Animation gets posted on the main feed. I don't mind having thrown them a few bucks, I get free funny every week. I just wonder why they changed the model like that.

That app is complete trash (not the WHM guys' fault) and doesn't even let me log into it anymore. And I'm pretty sure it has some bonus episodes that aren't even on the Bandcamp page.