Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stux
Nov 17, 2006

it's May technically so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

video games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

kewpuh please sticky this and unsticky the old one I cannot pm u as u keep banning me so just do it ok thank

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Can someone explain to me why do we have people unironically praising Hatred in this forum?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

paradoxGentleman posted:

Can someone explain to me why do we have people unironically praising Hatred in this forum?

we do?

but i mean there are definitely unironic racists, homophobes, and all manner of weird political and social cranks (fascists, anarchists, hardline marxists, etc) who post on these forums with a thin veneer of irony and other peoples' assumption that they must be joking as their only shield so

HELL, one of the mods was a pedophile!!!

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

paradoxGentleman posted:

lol have you ever read any thread in this forum ever

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Postal 2 is better play that instead.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I wonder what the endgame for Hatred will even be.

Will it stop at shooting a bunch of innocent people, or will they go after caricatures of notable figures like the Pope, the President etc. HOW BOLD IS THIS "HATRED" GAME???

Im curious how far they want to take it.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

paradoxGentleman posted:

Hell there's room for all opinions on this forum.

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
I just May pick up a game and play!

haha!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Witcher 3 hype.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Alain Post posted:

Hell there's room for all opinions on this forum.

I realize this, and I admit that I have been overdramatic. I am just surprised that it found so many stalwart defenders considering that it is both mockable and downright immoral.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

we do?

but i mean there are definitely unironic racists, homophobes, and all manner of weird political and social cranks (fascists, anarchists, hardline marxists, etc) who post on these forums with a thin veneer of irony and other peoples' assumption that they must be joking as their only shield so

HELL, one of the mods was a pedophile!!!

Yes we do. There's an Hatred thread made by someone who felt the other threads talking about it were too focused on mocking it.

Cuntellectual
Aug 6, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

I realize this, and I admit that I have been overdramatic. I am just surprised that it found so many stalwart defenders considering that it is both mockable and downright immoral.

yeah it's distasteful and mockable and probably going to be bad but as bbg has shown in that thread people who don't like hatred are really, really hysterical about not liking it.

the op, idk, probably wasn't hugged enough as a child.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Anatharon posted:

yeah it's distasteful and mockable and probably going to be bad but as bbg has shown in that thread people who don't like hatred are really, really hysterical about not liking it.

the op, idk, probably wasn't hugged enough as a child.

the op was molested

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
It's a bunch of people smirking at how hard they're owning all those vapid SJW Tumblr Redditors by buying a poo poo game ironically while under the table they're jerking each other off in their lust for poorly-rendered civilian death.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
I'm actually surprised people got so up in arms over Postal 2, it really isn't truly that offensive. It's goofy as poo poo especially because everyone's a gun toting maniac, the game is totally willing to poke fun at itself, and it really isn't hateful and doesn't really punch down with its humor. It is totally dumb as poo poo but its endearingly dumb.

I also love how Postal Dude is a total loser and no respects him.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:54 on May 1, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Accordion Man posted:

I'm actually surprised people got so up in arms over Postal 2, it really isn't truly offensive. It's goofy as poo poo especially because everyone's a gun toting maniac, the game is totally willing to poke fun at itself, and it really isn't hateful. It is totally dumb as poo poo but its endearingly dumb.

I also love how Postal Dude is a total loser and no respects him.

The only thing that actually offended people was that GTA3 had come out a year and a half earlier and done a massive city seamlessly while Postal 2 couldn't do maps the size of a city block with minute-long load times.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sleeveless posted:

The only thing that actually offended people was that GTA3 had come out a year and a half earlier and done a massive city seamlessly while Postal 2 couldn't do maps the size of a city block with minute-long load times.
Yeah, I assumed Postal 2 ran like utter garbage when it came out due to all the negative reviews and the updated Steam version fixed the problems because the Steam version is the one I played and it plays fine.

Accordion Man fucked around with this message at 02:58 on May 1, 2015

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQPzROGfISo

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

It's not even May, you wrong-coasted weed-addled badposter!

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I don't get why so many people got angry over Hatred. The reveal trailer was controversy-bait to a hilarious degree, but somehow people listened to that speech and got seriously concerned instead of laughing.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Bicyclops posted:

It's not even May, you wrong-coasted weed-addled badposter!

It's May here in Europe, that's close enough.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Motto posted:

I don't get why so many people got angry over Hatred. The reveal trailer was controversy-bait to a hilarious degree, but somehow people listened to that speech and got seriously concerned instead of laughing.

Also holy poo poo, Bombshell is still being made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmtrW-DJfE

Dandywalken fucked around with this message at 03:13 on May 1, 2015

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Motto posted:

It's because all the whiny manbabies that unironically believe that gamers have a culture latched out on to it some people get overly mad about it because of that.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Dandywalken posted:

Also holy poo poo, Bombshell is still being made : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KmtrW-DJfE

Wait was this always an isometric thing? All I really remember is that one fifteen second rendered promo that somebody got up in arms about and the PCs model got changed? What the gently caress even is that game.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Dandywalken posted:

So who owns 3drealms now?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Motto posted:

You know all that beautiful progress we have made as an industry, trying desperately to show the world that we are not, in fact, a bunch of manchildren that refuse to give up their toys and grow up, that videogames can be something more than mindless adrenaline-driven entertainment for hormone-overdriven teenagers?

Hatred decided to take a massive poo poo on all of that, while enjoying the sustain of GGers.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Motto posted:

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

You know all that beautiful progress we have made as an industry, trying desperately to show the world that we are not, in fact, a bunch of manchildren that refuse to give up their toys and grow up, that videogames can be something more than mindless adrenaline-driven entertainment for hormone-overdriven teenagers?

Hatred decided to take a massive poo poo on all of that, while enjoying the sustain of GGers.

How does some some random indie dev making a dumb shooty game ruin the grand reputation of electronic toys?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Orv posted:

Wait was this always an isometric thing? All I really remember is that one fifteen second rendered promo that somebody got up in arms about and the PCs model got changed? What the gently caress even is that game.

Bombshell started development as Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, an isometric shooter by the devs of the Rise of the Triad remake. Gearbox filed a lawsuit (gently caress Gearbox forever but I don't know why Interceptor/3dRealms thought they could get away with that), they had to change the protagonist and name of the game, and poo poo out that infamously bad trailer at the last minute for E3 as a result.

The game looks a lot better now that they've actually had time to fit it around its new protagonist.

Problem Sleuth
Apr 12, 2011

WELCOME TO THE NEW FUTURE

Motto posted:

How does some some random indie dev making a dumb shooty game ruin the grand reputation of electronic toys?

It doesn't, he's just explaining the thought process of the people who get really mad about hatred existing. In their minds, it does.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Pirate Jet posted:

Bombshell started development as Duke Nukem: Manhattan Project, an isometric shooter by the devs of the Rise of the Triad remake. Gearbox filed a lawsuit (gently caress Gearbox forever but I don't know why Interceptor/3dRealms thought they could get away with that), they had to change the protagonist and name of the game, and poo poo out that infamously bad trailer at the last minute for E3 as a result.

The game looks a lot better now that they've actually had time to fit it around its new protagonist.

Huh, might be worth a shot. RotT 1.5 wasn't, awful?

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

Motto posted:

It doesn't, but it's a pretty gross strike against said electronic toys, and it happens in a situation in which it'd be really grand if this sort of childish "gently caress those sissy SJWs!" bullshit wasn't on the table.

I dunno, maybe it will be all forgotten two weeks after launch, but I would have much prefferred if the whole thing got nipped in the bud; meaning that the consumer base as a whole said "we don't want your edgy mass murder simulator", something like that.

Problem Sleuth posted:

It doesn't, he's just explaining the thought process of the people who get really mad about hatred existing. In their minds, it does.

Full disclosure: I am slightly mad. I am not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's something I wish found no legs to stand on.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I hope hatred is good, and all other videogames

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
I'm just saying, if Gabe is going to allow AO-rated murder simulators by literal neo-nazis on his store then he really has no excuse to keep censoring anime titties. :mrgw:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
i hope hatred is bad and all the edgy 4chan kids waste their money

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

paradoxGentleman posted:

It doesn't, but it's a pretty gross strike against said electronic toys, and it happens in a situation in which it'd be really grand if this sort of childish "gently caress those sissy SJWs!" bullshit wasn't on the table.

I dunno, maybe it will be all forgotten two weeks after launch, but I would have much prefferred if the whole thing got nipped in the bud; meaning that the consumer base as a whole said "we don't want your edgy mass murder simulator", something like that.

Full disclosure: I am slightly mad. I am not going to lose any sleep over it, but it's something I wish found no legs to stand on.

You do that by not buying the game, not crying for it to get pulled like some people did, which is silly since it looks cheap as gently caress and in all likelihood nobody cares about it aside from the silly controversy it generated. It'll profit, but only because it's probably being made extremely cheaply, such that a tiny number of sales will make them money.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
cum balls

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Hatred is basically any given lovely bloody newgrounds game that graduated from flash to some cheapo 3D game engine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Hatred is so edgy that it doesn't even have anti-aliasing! BAZINGA

• Locked thread