Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
You bussed someone when we were both scum, so, yeah potentially.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I forget what game that was, but I wouldn't do that unless it was absolutely necessary. I could easily have switched my vote to MMG when others were prodding me to do so, and not looked too suspicious about it, but I didn't.

Just saying.

Anyway,

##vote gwynplaine

I'm psure he's scum. Keeps popping in and out (only pops in when mentioned) and voting patterns look super scummy.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

but I'm 99% convinced Gwynplaine is scum, i'm at about 75/80% with Beet

I'm legit town and your bad at this. I never defended coq, I don't see the point in standing around high Fiving each other about how clecer we all are when I can keep scum hunting. Which I did.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

I'm legit town and your bad at this. I never defended coq, I don't see the point in standing around high Fiving each other about how clecer we all are when I can keep scum hunting. Which I did.
I could be wrong and misinterpreting your earlier posts as soft defences of coq, i'm on my phone so I can't highlight them atm

but all you've done today is be on the defensive instead of getting on with scum hunting

so yeah

what do you think of gymweyneveb whatever his name is

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."
I think he should die.
Previous data suggests it's best for town.
Even my own.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I could be wrong and misinterpreting your earlier posts as soft defences of coq, i'm on my phone so I can't highlight them atm

but all you've done today is be on the defensive instead of getting on with scum hunting

so yeah

what do you think of gymweyneveb whatever his name is

I've had six posts today because I've got a bit on, I haven't had time to reflect on yesterday or this meaning, but two out of the gate on me when I'm pretty sure me not swapping to the non scum vote last night that could have hosed us with a no lynch was a pretty good defence already but here we are.

Gwyn I really don't know, he doesn't post enough and when we does they're kind of over there to the left of what's happening. I'd be happy with a vote on him but when i get to my computer later today I want to go back and check who was pushing hard for the MMG vote. I think Mith was, you were neither here nor there but it was easier to shift one vote than two but you kept trying, so I'm still sorta suss on you too. Sorry.

TOML's post on Mith, yeah good, and I asked him yesterday if he was still suss on her. I also asked gaspy the same about TBK but his oh so useful strategy of keeping things close to his chest again doesn't help town now he's dead. So we will never know.

Actually, gwyns literally emulating what gaspy did and got away with.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I like that response

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Also bowmore, the way you're going today, you're going to double your overall post count. Probably and then some.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I like that response

My next trick will be looking at everyone's reasoning for voting MMG over coq last night. Have to wait until later though unless someone is having a boring day.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

Also bowmore, the way you're going today, you're going to double your overall post count. Probably and then some.
nah I'm slowing down now, have to write an article

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Ok ill be back a bit later. Burgers in the city time.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Mithranderp posted:

I forget what game that was, but I wouldn't do that unless it was absolutely necessary. I could easily have switched my vote to MMG when others were prodding me to do so, and not looked too suspicious about it, but I didn't.

Just saying.

Anyway,

##vote gwynplaine

I'm psure he's scum. Keeps popping in and out (only pops in when mentioned) and voting patterns look super scummy.
can you elaborate on this?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Sure.

Gwyn didn't vote on day one.

Gwyn voted for MCED when it was a convenient town lynch (much like coq did)

Today he's voted for two people, yet is claiming that I'm scum (and hasn't backed up his opinion with a vote) and is using reasoning based on when we were scum together that just doesn't fit with how I play when I actually AM scum (IMO). Gwyn also used the "they played this way when we were scum together" line during the last game, in which (funnily enough) I was town, and Gwyn was scum.

Matthew Beet posted:

I've had six posts today because I've got a bit on, I haven't had time to reflect on yesterday or this meaning, but two out of the gate on me when I'm pretty sure me not swapping to the non scum vote last night that could have hosed us with a no lynch was a pretty good defence already but here we are.

Gwyn I really don't know, he doesn't post enough and when we does they're kind of over there to the left of what's happening. I'd be happy with a vote on him but when i get to my computer later today I want to go back and check who was pushing hard for the MMG vote. I think Mith was, you were neither here nor there but it was easier to shift one vote than two but you kept trying, so I'm still sorta suss on you too. Sorry.

TOML's post on Mith, yeah good, and I asked him yesterday if he was still suss on her. I also asked gaspy the same about TBK but his oh so useful strategy of keeping things close to his chest again doesn't help town now he's dead. So we will never know.

Actually, gwyns literally emulating what gaspy did and got away with.

I wasn't pushing for the MMG vote at all. In fact I was pushing super hard for the coq vote. I was asking for evidence, which nobody seemed to give.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

okay Mith you are doing a reasonable job of explaining yourself.

I have engagements tonight and so am going to try to make what wil almost certainly be my final vote in the next hour.

kind of leaning towards gwyn at this point.

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

okay then

##vote gwynplaine

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

actually gently caress no

##unvote

i still can't work out how it would make sense for gwynplaine to be bulletproof and scum

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
that would be pretty loving unusual.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

Sure.

Gwyn didn't vote on day one.

Gwyn voted for MCED when it was a convenient town lynch (much like coq did)

Today he's voted for two people, yet is claiming that I'm scum (and hasn't backed up his opinion with a vote) and is using reasoning based on when we were scum together that just doesn't fit with how I play when I actually AM scum (IMO). Gwyn also used the "they played this way when we were scum together" line during the last game, in which (funnily enough) I was town, and Gwyn was scum.

I wasn't pushing for the MMG vote at all. In fact I was pushing super hard for the coq vote. I was asking for evidence, which nobody seemed to give.

What? Really? Sorry then. I haven't gone and had a proper look as I'm still on phone and that's effort.

Those On My Left posted:

actually gently caress no

##unvote

i still can't work out how it would make sense for gwynplaine to be bulletproof and scum

False breadcrumb? Do you think it's too blatant how he dropped it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
there are bulletproof godfathers when an sk is floating around

especially when the town had an ability to "turn" the sk

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

False breadcrumb? Do you think it's too blatant how he dropped it? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
i really don't know.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
it was so blatant I was like "is this real life" like the kid in the dentist video

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Hey bowmore, cover your ears for a second.

Toml what's your read on bowmore?

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

Matthew Beet posted:

i can't imagine that bowmore is scum. it's possible, i suppose, that he's the serial killer.

if bowmore is scum then bowmore is really good, i think.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

lol

I actually want peoples reads on me, it helps me with reading them

Those On My Left
Jun 25, 2010

okay

so i'm about to leave, may not check back in before hammer

so far our "lynch the lurkers" strategy hasn't been too bad

i don't feel like i can vote for gwyn because i can't make sense of the bulletproof claim

i don't know quite what to make of beet

while i keep going back and forth on mith i think that she's not the best vote at this point. i am a bit persuaded that bussing a scum roleblocker is a really bold move for scum, and it's more likely that mith is just totwn.

i'd be incredibly surprised if bowmore were scum. i suppose he could be the sk but i think that's unlikely because he's attracted a lot of attention with his postcount, which is not behaviour consistent with needing to stay alive 'til the end of the game.

BUT

TBK and EWB have both been really quiet and I don't see them contributing very much.

Of those two, I think TBK has the more suspicious voting record.

On that basis, I

##vote ThatBastardKen

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

bowmore posted:

it was so blatant I was like "is this real life" like the kid in the dentist video

I did wonder about that.

Bowmore I'm not sure if I've played enough games with you to get a good read. Your posts are a bit erratic, but you did hammer coq? So IDK, that could have just been a skilful bus, but I'm not suss enough on you to believe you're scum.

EWB is being WAY quiet, and they are always the quietest when they're scum. But IDK, they're very timid anyway.

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

I did wonder about that.

Bowmore I'm not sure if I've played enough games with you to get a good read. Your posts are a bit erratic, but you did hammer coq? So IDK, that could have just been a skilful bus, but I'm not suss enough on you to believe you're scum.

EWB is being WAY quiet, and they are always the quietest when they're scum. But IDK, they're very timid anyway.

I don't think I've ever been scum in an auspol game though. But nah, I'm quiet because I was up all night playing video games and lost track of time, but figured that i'd check in before i pass out. 'Cause it's 3AM my time.
I think I'm gonna stick to my Beet vote, it's the one I feel reasonably sure on.

And I'm not timid. :saddowns:

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

everythingWasBees posted:

I don't think I've ever been scum in an auspol game though. But nah, I'm quiet because I was up all night playing video games and lost track of time, but figured that i'd check in before i pass out. 'Cause it's 3AM my time.
I think I'm gonna stick to my Beet vote, it's the one I feel reasonably sure on.

And I'm not timid. :saddowns:

oh wow sorry, I was confusing you with What's For Dinner

soz

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Mithranderp posted:

oh wow sorry, I was confusing you with What's For Dinner

soz

nah it's fine.

thatbastardken
Apr 23, 2010

A contract signed by a minor is not binding!
with the exception of voting for me, I agree largely with TOML. bulletproof scum with a SK would be an utter dick move, mith seems pretty solid, bowmore I was really suss on but he came through in a big way last night. I don't suspect ewB at all, quiet isn't necessarily the same thing as scummy especially given the timezone difference. beet I can't get a read on at all, but bees and bowmore are both suss on him, so that's my vote for the time being.

##vote Matthew Beet

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Matthew Beet (2): everythingWasBees, bowmore, bowmore, thatbastardken, thatbastardken, thatbastardken
Gwynplaine (2): bowmore, Mithranderp, Those On My Left, Those On My Left
bowmore (1): Gwynplaine
thatbastardken (1): Those On My Left

Not Voting (1): Matthew Beet

With 7 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 01st, 2015 at 10:20 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 7 minutes.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mithranderp posted:

I did wonder about that.

hammering scum doesn't vindicate someone as town fwiw. in last nights situation there was really only one easy course of action and that was for bowmore to jump to the coq vote, but he held out as long as he could for the mmg vote. he was advocating to try have two people move to secure a lynch as opposed to one (him) moving earlier on. i particularly didn't think the case on mmg was stronger than coq so while it's a point of interest to draw attention to it isn't a smoking gun by any means. he's not on many peoples radar so i'm wasting time my pursuing it anymore than that atm. if he's scum, town has lost.

EWB: I dunno, you came out yesterday stating you always assume i'm scum every game and again, today, you're voting me. you literally have nothing else?

Gwyn: i dunno, his posts are odd and it reminds me of the last game he was scum. the bullet proof thing toml's getting stuck on i dunno. it could be just an out and out lie dropped for this very purpose. which is why it's interesting that TBK chimed in with:

thatbastardken posted:

that would be pretty loving unusual.

not sure on tbk at all.

not sure on toml's vote on tbk. he asked someone earlier to justify their claim that X had a dodgy voting record:

Those On My Left posted:

can you elaborate on this?

and he's just gone and done the exact same thing and hosed off:

Those On My Left posted:

TBK and EWB have both been really quiet and I don't see them contributing very much.

Of those two, I think TBK has the more suspicious voting record.

On that basis, I

##vote ThatBastardKen

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I wonder: is tbk only jumping on votes after they've got going?

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm still pretty happy with Gwynplaine being scum - but the BP thing throws a hammer in the works, if we were to base it totally on play she is the lynch for today.

Beet has endeared himself to me in the last 5 hours or so, I'm not confident enough in my read of him to say he is scum.

I am feeling that ken is more scummy than towny, purely because of the points I made against him yesterday that I can't be bothered to rehash.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
also if you doubt my townyness I could have easily let COQ be a no-lynch and today would have probably been lylo

if we assume 3 scum and an SK

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Those On My Left you seem pretty town to me, I'd go with you on ken if we come to the consensus that BP is just too outrageous for scum to have (which actually clears Gwynplaine if we use that logic, which is so yuck)

everythingWasBees
Jan 9, 2013

Gwn and Toml can go either way. Can't read TBK. Bowmore is either the most overcompensating scum or just town. I'm inclined to think the latter because he doesnt seem to be playing careful enough to be scum. But then again he did flip out about Gaspy being suss. But Gaspy could've been very suss, and claiming their role only made them a target so that's a reasonable assumption. So SK I guess?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

bowmore posted:

I'm still pretty happy with Gwynplaine being scum - but the BP thing throws a hammer in the works, if we were to base it totally on play she is the lynch for today.

Beet has endeared himself to me in the last 5 hours or so, I'm not confident enough in my read of him to say he is scum.

I am feeling that ken is more scummy than towny, purely because of the points I made against him yesterday that I can't be bothered to rehash.

yeah i started off pretty hung over today too.

the tbk vote on me. i get suspicious, who is he trying to lead a vote off? wind changes off me and is heading to gwyn, toml pops a vote for tbk and he comes in and votes me.

Is he hoping i'll go off the deep end like i do with gaspy?

bowmore posted:

also if you doubt my townyness I could have easily let COQ be a no-lynch and today would have probably been lylo

if we assume 3 scum and an SK

i'm always skeptical of everyone when i'm town though, so it's no biggy. i'll only be 100% certain of you on the flip.

everythingWasBees posted:

Gwn and Toml can go either way. Can't read TBK. Bowmore is either the most overcompensating scum or just town. I'm inclined to think the latter because he doesnt seem to be playing careful enough to be scum. But then again he did flip out about Gaspy being suss. But Gaspy could've been very suss, and claiming their role only made them a target so that's a reasonable assumption. So SK I guess?

yeah but this is how i think i play. i just put thoughts and press posts and blammo. if i was scum you guys i wouldn't be this out there, trust me.

bowmore posted:

Those On My Left you seem pretty town to me, I'd go with you on ken if we come to the consensus that BP is just too outrageous for scum to have (which actually clears Gwynplaine if we use that logic, which is so yuck)

yeah the BP thing could be completely manufactured on a scum doc though. Like I can totally see it being put forward to clear him with the SK, not with town. That way the SK won't target him.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Matthew Beet posted:

yeah the BP thing could be completely manufactured on a scum doc though. Like I can totally see it being put forward to clear him with the SK, not with town. That way the SK won't target him.
that's what I'm thinking

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
come DJ with me

• Locked thread