Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

a medium-format picture of beeftweeter staring silently at the camera, a quizzical expression on his face

Slim Killington posted:

Excuse me while I dig up about a dozen "lol they'll never do anything" posts

Don't forget the "people shooting money at me are just nice and aren't doing it so that I get banned" posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Maytag posted:

Anyone know if the helmets protect against head shots?

Dunno about most, but the bullet proof helmets make a huge difference.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I'd have accepted the invite if I saw this post :sweatdrop:

I finally got...just started my own and the SECOND someone else joined Top Fun 1 I launched.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

I think if you spawn too many emergency vehicles cops start showing up in normal cars

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

If you're on PS4 I'll spawn one for you. But I'm pretty sure you're on PC. (Maybe someone can spawn one for you there unless they hosed that method in a patch.)

Also let's play Rockets vs Insurgents for mad cash someone!!!!

Yeah, i'm on PC. One of my friends had one and he ended up getting me one, but I appreciate the offer :D

Scyron posted:

GHOSTBUSTERS?!

God I wish. I matte blacked it and put SICK NEONZ on it though :v:

Also, go figure. I spent like half an hour searching before he showed up with no luck, then after he got me mine and I saved it, we started faffing about in my Technical and suddenly hearses were showing up in all their usual spots. Fuckin' game :argh:

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

Nintendo Kid posted:

You climb ladders faster.

Do you hit the ball farther in golf?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I think if you spawn too many emergency vehicles cops start showing up in normal cars

No, if you get them out in foot and away from their car they will commandeer parked cars.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
GTA Race on the golfcourse owns bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4RAUm5hqc

I thought I had more recorded but apparently I am a terrible person who LIES TO HIMSELF

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

net cafe scandal posted:

This is by far the most annoying poo poo in the game

God drat is it ever. Even worse, the text box disappears randomly. Half of the time the text box just goes away, keeping the text you've already written, and the other half of the time it straight up deletes everything you've wrote.

Zenzizenzizenzic
May 25, 2012

Fun Shoe

Also let's play Rockets vs Insurgents for mad cash someone!!!!

I'm really pleased that all four of us managed to die in really ridiculous ways.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

I'm up for some golf cart racing once I get off work in half an hour. Social club name is same as SA username. PC Version of course.

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 05:46 on May 2, 2015

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Zenzizenzizenzic posted:

I'm really pleased that all four of us managed to die in really ridiculous ways.

Yeah, we had fun

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Songbearer posted:

GTA Race on the golfcourse owns bones:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Im4RAUm5hqc

I thought I had more recorded but apparently I am a terrible person who LIES TO HIMSELF

I wish they'd put this thing on console, I wanna be a movie star!!!!

Prostheticfoot
Mar 27, 2002
aw drat, i left my xbone crew off lljk to try to find active members for too long it would appear. Also Trebag is the only xbone goon, I stand by this! Wait maybe matazar, and ...

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Starhawk64 posted:

I'm up for some golf cart racing once I get off work in half an hour. Social club name is same as SA username. PC Version of course.

I'm up for all kinds of shenanigans. PC Version here too.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/ddzshexenritter

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Ugh I hosed up so hard on the bank heist finale. All in the boat with 900k, I skid out on one of the banks, get too much air and land on the other shoreline just a bit too far from the river. We all started kicking the boat to get it back in the river and it catches fire, blowing me up.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Pivit posted:

Is there any way to make the text box when you press T keep focus and not the game? Every time I type something it puts all key presses in the game too. Changes camera, jumps out of the car, etc.

If you find one, please tell me. The "jumping out of things" part is by far the most annoying - and dangerous - part, especially in heists.

Re: Stat grinding:

Starhawk64 posted:

Is there a benefit from having a maxed out strength stat besides looking buff and knocking out peds with one punch? Also it's weird that playing golf would boost that stat.

Supposedly it adds damage reduction, I'm not sure how much though.

Policenaut posted:

Max out strength really fast by playing one hole of golf over and over again. There's some that are Par 2.

That was patched about a million years ago. The only way I managed to move my strength bars with golf was by playing a full game.

If you want to grind strength, create a valid deathmatch, restrict weapons to jerry cans then test it. It will still take about an hour but you can beat up NPCs who a) don't alert cops (ie. no need to start a Gerald mission), b) don't die in one hit and c) don't run away (the most annoying part of beating up people on the beach, IMO).

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Getting race wins is such a drat chore, drat it :/
I mean, even getting into a lobby never mind winnning the drat thing.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Does anyone here have the hearse online and would you be willing to help me get one?

EDIT: PC version.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 2, 2015

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

What is up with the game constantly crashing when completing a race? It seems like its something to do with spectator mode and I'm getting tired of winning races, suffering a crash and then getting told I'm a bad sport next time I log in.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'm unreasonably proud of this jet kill.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2ot4cu

I even got 0.1% of my investment back for doing it.

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013

All I saw when I rolled up was a traffic jam made entirely of cops. That's how I knew it was the right place.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Still up for PS4 win trading, by the way. PSN same as this.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The only thing the performance parts are good for is racing...and win trading is so loving mind numbing you might as well have fun racing and unlocking parts as you go.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It's totally not fun racing against randos if you can even get a lobby full (on quick join even) and the performance upgrades are QoL sort of things so :shrug:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Ra-amun posted:

Ugh I hosed up so hard on the bank heist finale. All in the boat with 900k, I skid out on one of the banks, get too much air and land on the other shoreline just a bit too far from the river. We all started kicking the boat to get it back in the river and it catches fire, blowing me up.

We failed this finale last night around six times all due to one pubbie, the only non-LLJK player, before finally giving up. Finally I think the host just kicked him and forfeited the heist. On the first attempt the three of us goons were standing in the drat boat waiting, and he died because he tripped running down the hill on foot after abandoning the bike before the jump.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

We failed this finale last night around six times all due to one pubbie, the only non-LLJK player, before finally giving up. Finally I think the host just kicked him and forfeited the heist. On the first attempt the three of us goons were standing in the drat boat waiting, and he died because he tripped running down the hill on foot after abandoning the bike before the jump.

Is he dumb for being a random, or are ya'll dumb for letting him play.

Pwnstar
Dec 9, 2007

Who wants some waffles?

It would be cool if Rally Races werent in the Daily Objectives list since nobody ever want to do them

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
:siren:Important Crew Information:siren:

I have here a list of 84 names all of whom are up for execution. What I've done is go through half of the crew and find everybody who registered in 2014 and look at their last social club activity to see whether or not they are active, anybody who had a last activity of 4 months or greater has potentially been put on this list. Also on this list are a few members I found repping different crews and who were also not on the whitelist.

CTRL+F your social club name to see if you are on this list!

I'm going to give everybody on this list until next Friday to get back to me either via quoting this post along with your social club name or via a private messaging containing your social club name.

e: To clarify: when I say "via quoting this post" I mean quoting this post and removing all of the names but your own.

FallinInTheBlak fucked around with this message at 10:22 on May 3, 2015

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm looking for someone to race win swap with to earn the car mod unlocks. I'm in game now as Haughernaut.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Pwnstar posted:

It would be cool if Rally Races werent in the Daily Objectives list since nobody ever want to do them

FYI - You can do them with one other person as your co driver (no competitors) to complete the objective. You might even be able to do them solo.

Quicksand_Jesus
Dec 19, 2005

Lasagna Miracle

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren:Important Crew Information

I have here a list of 84 names all of whom are up for execution. What I've done is go through half of the crew and find everybody who registered in 2014 and look at their last social club activity to see whether or not they are active, anybody who had a last activity of 4 months or greater has potentially been put on this list. Also on this list are a few members I found repping different crews and who were also not on the whitelist.

CTRL+F your social club name to see if you are on this list!

I'm going to give everybody on this list until next Friday to get back to me either via quoting this post along with your social club name or via a private messaging containing your social club name.

Jayisspecial plays most days, just doesn't post here. Thus, please don't delete him out. We would be sad.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
dox023 plays regularly, as does jayisspecials. The rest I don't think I've ever even seen.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Akion posted:

FYI - You can do them with one other person as your co driver (no competitors) to complete the objective. You might even be able to do them solo.

Can't start a rally race with just one player.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Slim Killington posted:

Yeah. Were you getting lag at all? We rocked the bank robbery but I was also getting pretty bad lag during the escape, which, ironically, made it easier to avoid the cops.

Edit: That guy was also like Rank 18 or something.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
The only thing I noticed is that the vehicle pop-in was like, 5 seconds too late. I was riding along thinking, "why are there no cars anywhere?" and they suddenly started to populate. But then when Pubmaster Flex would eventually fail, the hud would go away like the fail screen was coming... and then it didn't come and I could keep playing for like a minute before it did.

Abilifier
Apr 8, 2008

Prostheticfoot posted:

aw drat, i left my xbone crew off lljk to try to find active members for too long it would appear. Also Trebag is the only xbone goon, I stand by this! Wait maybe matazar, and ...

I'm still around! Well, maybe not this week so much...

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Participate in a one-on-one deathmatch: the hardest daily objective?

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

Jayisspecial plays most days, just doesn't post here. Thus, please don't delete him out. We would be sad.

I actually saw him briefly log into the free-roam lobby we were all dicking around in yesterday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Quicksand_Jesus posted:

J0wnsy is also active (jonesy on the forums / quim reaper on PS4)

Nightingales is ranacher, who is active and does raise the LLJK flag often

• Locked thread