Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For unlocking missions, make sure you do the ones they're persistent about giving you such as Daemon Run, Chop Chop, Effin' Lazers, the ones that require 2 people so can't be solo'd. This annoyingly includes Ron's Landing Gear which needs at least 4, which is hard to gather.

After that, it seems to bump them off of #1 priority and may allow something new to show up. I got "Satellite Communications" from T when driving in the proximity of whereabouts the mission actually takes place after finally getting Chop Chop and doing it. Still only 3/8 on his though.

So it appears that there may be a sort of queue, and then your location can prompt the game to offer it to you. That being said, it's still very, very much a crapshot to the point of it arguably being coincidence.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 07:38 on May 3, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
My kitted out Voltic turned into a Dominator since the last time I logged in :iiam:

Ugh, really loving demoralizing. That was my best car, I don't want to spend all the money I have just to get it again, I want to buy other cars too.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum
Also be aware there are a few odd missions that don't show up in the jobs menu and are never offered to you by phone. They can only be triggered from the actual blue circle locations when they appear (and they only appear for a limited period of game hours), and the markers don't even show on the map so you can't start them that way.
They are basically contact missions (and some, like Crystal Clear-out II & III, and Dirt Road can be soloed) but seem a little bit broken. You can't even thumbs up or down them afterwards.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Our little experiment with one guy and a bounty lead to a massive melee around the skyscraper complexes

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Slim Killington posted:

Used to be that you did the mission a contract offered, and that opened up new ones that would get offered. I don't know if that's still the case. Like Powershift said, just do contact missions with groups and you'll eventually open them all up.

It seems to work for a couple of the quest givers -- Lamar, Gerald and Martin have given me pretty much all their missions as I clear them out of the queue -- but I'm still missing a few Trevor/Ron missions I should have gotten long ago and I don't think I ever got a single mission from Lester (save the heist stuff) without picking it up off the post-mission job select screen. Right now I don't get any contact missions (having hit 53 and having done all the ones available to me) but I imagine I'll get another batch at 55.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

My kitted out Voltic turned into a Dominator since the last time I logged in :iiam:

Ugh, really loving demoralizing. That was my best car, I don't want to spend all the money I have just to get it again, I want to buy other cars too.

Open a support ticket dude. They should reimburse you the GTA dollars.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Open a support ticket dude. They should reimburse you the GTA dollars.

Yeah I did, although it wouldn't let me submit as PC even after I uploaded DxDiag and MsInfo files so I had to set it to "Social Club" as platform, dunno if that'll screw me.

solarNativity
Nov 11, 2012

Literally just select whatever mission you want from Online > Jobs > Play Job.

DoubleAughtMeowMix
May 3, 2006

B33 < Meow what is so funny

Capn Beeb posted:

My can't complete mission in solo mode bug has gotten even sillier now. I drive into the mission complete spot, and now I don't even get out of the car. Used to be I'd get out, walk to where my character would be in a cutscene, and nothing would happen.

The gently caress, Rockstar.

Hey, so I've got this exact problem happening on my end too. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

N is for Nipples posted:

Literally just select whatever mission you want from Online > Jobs > Play Job.

You have to have played it first, if they aren't offering it for the first time, you can't do this.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

There's nothing quite like the pants making GBS threads terror of fleeing from Sandy Shores to the Richards Majestic apartment in a Voodoo with a $1,000 bounty on your head thanks to some random dickass NPC placing one on you for stealing their car. Forced me out of passive mode too :argh:

Thank god pubbies are awful pilots. Had some guy in a Hydra attempt to chase me and give up after 30 seconds because he couldn't line up a shot on my slow, massive lowrider :v:

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Dumptruck rampages are more fun with friends :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkX-qzBulMA&hd=1

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 10:21 on May 3, 2015

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Nuebot posted:

Could it be possible to get two cargobob's to lift one? It'd be a hell of a time flying in tandem if its even possible. But it'd be fun to bomb people like that.

Every vehicle only has one attaching point, theoretically it could be possible for one cargobob to pick up the truck cab while the other picks up the trailer and you could transport the entire thing. But judging by what the person I quoted was saying I don't think you can still cargobob trailers.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Every vehicle only has one attaching point, theoretically it could be possible for one cargobob to pick up the truck cab while the other picks up the trailer and you could transport the entire thing. But judging by what the person I quoted was saying I don't think you can still cargobob trailers.

Oh, that's disappointing.

Unrelated: I still have no hearse. This is getting soul crushing, the spawn rate on these things is awful and no one in the PC version seems to have one.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Nuebot posted:

Unrelated: I still have no hearse. This is getting soul crushing, the spawn rate on these things is awful and no one in the PC version seems to have one.

It is pretty terrible yeah. I clocked around about 100 or so hours on the 360 version total, and now I'm at around 40 on the PC version. I haven't seen a single hearse once. Not even in single player.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Nuebot posted:

I had one exactly once as Trevor, modded it with a ton of upgrades, then I lost it once when I tried to park it in the wrong spot at Floyd's. Later I randomly stopped in at the impound and found it again, but lost it when I parked it at Trevor's trailer. But then a series of long-rear end missions happened so I forgot/gave up on it.

The place I found it was next to the taco place where Trevor likes to eat trashcan tacos.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
I know where they spawn, they just have a really low spawn rate if you don't already have one. This is day 3 and still no sight of one.

EDIT: Dear lord every car I Steal tonight seems to be one of simeon's wanted list. Is there any way to make this poo poo go away? It's so annoying getting an instant 2-star wanted level and cops spawning behind you even in the middle of nowhere.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 13:49 on May 3, 2015

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so
who is driving? noob is driving!

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

deadlyrhetoric posted:

who is driving? noob is driving!

Haha holy poo poo I thought he's gonna die again.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

On the subject of Cargobobing trailers, I wonder if it's possible to pick up a pickup truck that happens to be pulling a trailer.
If the trailer is empty, it might be light enough to lift. If it's one of the ones that spawn pulling a boat, it might not work, being potentially too heavy.
Further testing is in order.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

orcane posted:

Haha holy poo poo I thought he's gonna die again.

we had 0 team lives left and he would drive right towards the enemies, so i would shoot them or else we'd fail, and then the cops would start up again. he'd find a hiding spot, the cops would go away, and he'd drive right towards the enemies, rinse and repeat. while hitting everything imaginable with the car. i was astounded that he got platinum for his efforts.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Wee Bairns posted:

On the subject of Cargobobing trailers, I wonder if it's possible to pick up a pickup truck that happens to be pulling a trailer.
If the trailer is empty, it might be light enough to lift. If it's one of the ones that spawn pulling a boat, it might not work, being potentially too heavy.
Further testing is in order.

It falls off.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Can you cargobob a trailer truck (like the U-Haul style trucks), drive a motorcycle onto the top, then lift it all up and do Sicknasty Stuntz off the top? Because I kinda want to do that but I don't know how to get cargobobs to try it.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

Is there a reason the stuff to do in free mode comes so sparingly? There's obviously stuff like high priority cars, smuggler planes, armored cars, and so on, but they all either appear once in a blue moon or they pay basically nothing (gang attacks)

I wish I could play this game solely in free mode because I love driving around the world in my car. Too bad only instanced stuff like missions really pay.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Minorkos posted:

I wish I could play this game solely in free mode because I love driving around the world in my car. Too bad only instanced stuff like missions really pay.

I leave my cars in the fuckin garage. Cant sensibly drive around without getting blown up. And haven't unlocked poo poo in terms of upgrades yet anyway, finding lobbies for races, like everything else, is too hard

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Minorkos posted:

Is there a reason the stuff to do in free mode comes so sparingly? There's obviously stuff like high priority cars, smuggler planes, armored cars, and so on, but they all either appear once in a blue moon or they pay basically nothing (gang attacks)

I honestly would rather do freemode-only stuff if that was possible. A shame they're so rare and underwhelming.

Also how do I get crate drops? I saw my uncle get one once, but I haven't had a single one myself on PC.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Crates, target vehicles, distraction zones and other stuff players are meant to gravitate to only happen in open lobbies, so if you're primarily playing Invite Only or Solo, they can't appear.

They may happen in invite only lobbies with several people in, but I've never seen it.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Minorkos posted:

It used to be a lot more often, but then it looks like they broke it when trying to fix a bug where the high end packages would stop any random events from happening again. They tried multiple times, and when they eventually fixed it events dropped to the rate we have now. It used to be that after an event finished that a new random would start in about 5 or so minutes.

Aurain posted:

Crates, target vehicles, distraction zones and other stuff players are meant to gravitate to only happen in open lobbies, so if you're primarily playing Invite Only or Solo, they can't appear.

They may happen in invite only lobbies with several people in, but I've never seen it.

Crates don't spawn on solo lobbies, but High Priority Vehicles do, so do Armored Cars and some of the others like the assassinations. It's just rare, but all the events are rare right now.

BitBasher fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 3, 2015

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Minorkos posted:

This was my favorite thing about Red Dead Redemption Online, was how much content took place in free mode. With the DLC you had an overwhelming amount to do in free mode.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

deadlyrhetoric posted:

we had 0 team lives left and he would drive right towards the enemies, so i would shoot them or else we'd fail, and then the cops would start up again. he'd find a hiding spot, the cops would go away, and he'd drive right towards the enemies, rinse and repeat. while hitting everything imaginable with the car. i was astounded that he got platinum for his efforts.

That guy was the best one out of a bunch of absolute lemons trying to finish that heist. So salty about pubbies right now.

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009
I officially hate that R* actually managed to be completely accurate in making Trevor their example of the average GTA player. One of the daily challenges is to do an impromptu race, but anytime I pull up to someone and invite them to race I get shot at.

various cheeses
Jan 24, 2013

Some guy named condore8 got extremely mad when people were bumping him on the prison loop race, so I decided to sacrifice my 2nd place spot to completely ram him out of the ring. He then proceeded to go full retard screaming about how he was a steam admin and would have everyone banned. I informed him that my dad was Gabe Newell and that his entire family would be banned from steam, while the rest of the pubbies started screaming allah akhbar and declaring their uncles worked for Nintendo and Rockstar

StabMasterArson
May 31, 2011

various cheeses posted:

Some guy named condore8 got extremely mad when people were bumping him on the prison loop race, so I decided to sacrifice my 2nd place spot to completely ram him out of the ring. He then proceeded to go full retard screaming about how he was a steam admin and would have everyone banned. I informed him that my dad was Gabe Newell and that his entire family would be banned from steam, while the rest of the pubbies started screaming allah akhbar and declaring their uncles worked for Nintendo and Rockstar

sounds like a good time, friend

kazmeyer
Jul 26, 2001

'Cause we're the good guys.

Aurain posted:

I drew a smuggler's helicopter last night in an invite-only lobby that I was in by myself.

loving thing spawned on the other end of the map from me, and I got missile lock on it half a second before it got away. Missile still hit the loving thing, and I got three stars but no payout.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Very, very late to the party, but can someone please, please explain how I setup a game for win trading for races on PC?

I have tried every option for setting up an online game, including "solo game" in the hope I can invite my goony friends only, but each time I stand on that blue circle for "Criminal Record", I am stuck with 3-4 other randoms and am never the host.

This is really pissing me off, please help.

Thanks.

cka
May 3, 2004

spud posted:

Very, very late to the party, but can someone please, please explain how I setup a game for win trading for races on PC?

I have tried every option for setting up an online game, including "solo game" in the hope I can invite my goony friends only, but each time I stand on that blue circle for "Criminal Record", I am stuck with 3-4 other randoms and am never the host.

This is really pissing me off, please help.

Thanks.

turn off open matchmaking in the online options to stop randoms from wandering in, invite whoever through the race setup screen

e: if you've already done it you can access it through pause -> online -> jobs -> rockstar created -> races instead of having to go to the prison every time I'm pretty sure

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

cka posted:

turn off open matchmaking in the online options to stop randoms from wandering in, invite whoever through the race setup screen

At least on PS4 you can still get put in with randoms even if you have open matchmaking off, if you start a mission that already has people waiting. The matchmaking setting only seems to prevent people joining a job lobby that you are hosting.
It may be that Criminal Records is too popular not to find someone waiting for it. You could always create your own version of it using the creator, it's pretty easy to use. You could just make it a straight drag race down a runway or something if all you want to do is trade wins.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Hobnob posted:

At least on PS4 you can still get put in with randoms even if you have open matchmaking off, if you start a mission that already has people waiting. The matchmaking setting only seems to prevent people joining a job lobby that you are hosting.

You can disable that by turning off the option to change host between missions. Then you will never cease to be the host and consequently will never be absorbed into someones job. If you also have matchmaking off and invites closed then no one can be absorbed into yours.

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC PC

Sorry to be a douche, but I don't own a PS4 and have no interest on how to do this on PS4, which was probably covered quite well in 2013/14.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'm going to get home around 4 est, if anyone would like to do 1v1 race swapping for wins add Haughernaut social club.

• Locked thread