Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I have no idea what those acronym names mean but I'm excited over Maximum Break Touhous!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
"Phantasmagoria of Flower View" and "Phantasmagoria of Dim. Dream". Everyone expected "Flower" because that's the next game in the series chronologically, but we got "Dream" instead.

Which is a weird story about invaders from another dimension. Well, a weirder story about invaders from a weirder dimension. This is the one where Marisa gets a pet nuclear missile, right? I... kind of doubt they're going to play that plot straight. Alternatively, "Dream" means nothing.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

BlitzBlast posted:

IT'S HAPPENING

Fantasy Maiden Wars Dream. There goes my PoFV dreams, but at least we got PoDD?

Also they straight up yoinked Maximum Break from Z3, it's great. If both characters in a team are at 150 power, they can do it once per map.

EDIT: There are more system/presentation/quality of life improvements, two new skills (increase damage of Pair attacks, increase damage if opponent can't counter), and the first half of the game might be SWR? That's going to be a thing.

Also playable Rinnosuke woah.

I don't think there's really enough stuff in SWR that could make make up the entire first half of the story, I can imagine it taking the first few chapters though. Also, it is weird thing about the subtitle. I'm doubting it refers to PoDD though, probably just something referring to the original plot, or to Gensokyou as a whole actually. Considering the way the place exists.

Also, Rinnosuke in the Palanquin ship is hella strange. Though now i'm wondering if the usual non-player touhou's like Akyuu and Rinnosuke will pilot it, since it's regular crew are going to be playable this outing. And no TD stuff shown makes me sad. :(

GodofDiscord
Sep 5, 2013

Not the strongest, but the cutest.
Maybe they'll add the giant catfish? That'll be amazing if they do, since after all the next game is Dream.
Still I'm surprised that Touhou 9 won't be in the finale, though I am happy that SWR will be there, I like the fighting games a lot. Let's just hope they give Tenshi a better stage than Suika did in this game.
I'm still surprised that they're adding a PC-98 game, but I imagine the second half will be about UFO?

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Just you wait they'll cover Fairy Wars and all the Fairies involved will get upgrades and become Top Tier.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

Dr Pepper posted:

Just you wait they'll cover Fairy Wars and all the Fairies involved will get upgrades and become Top Tier.

Cirno picks up a perfect freeze bar that goes up when she grazes and eventually makes her immune to danmaku?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Just yell at her like you always do. Bitch, get out of the way!
The fairies are already top tier.

a cartoon duck
Sep 5, 2011

PoFV is the kinda game you could cram into a single mission if you get a bit creative, much like IaMP in this game.

Also maybe PoDD's dimension-hopping machine might be easier to tie into the whole UFO plot with entering makai or something, who knows.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

some people just wanna watch the world burn
I will laugh so hard if everybody's puzzling on how to get into Makai, and Reimu just goes "oh I know a girl" and rings up Chiyuri and Yumemi.

And then when they get there they run into Alice who tells them there was a door.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I hope Euzeth shows up somehow.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

There was a spare 1.0 left, so I threw the Oshirasama on Nazrin. She can be budget Reimu for a chapter.

------

quote:

Cherry Blossom Barrier Above the Clouds Part 2

Music: As Time Stands Still

As there are two fronts, I obviously want to polarize my starting formation. Ideally I'd have Reimu (who could easily solo the entire bottom half), but the operative word there was ideally.

A black-white witch with a broom, and several youkai acting complicitly with her... They're definitely the ones Zenki described.

Hey, it's those humans who beat me up after Miss Ran left!

What's she talking about? Does she know us?

We fought those two just before we got here. The bakeneko is Chen, and...

And next to her is Ran. She's apparently the shikigami of someone called Yukari.

So you're with that crazy-suspicious lady then?

So what's the big deal? We're in the middle of something here.

It's been a while, Hakurei shrine maiden. However, I'm on business of my own.

What would Yukari Yakumo's familiar want with us?

Well, I've been looking for that magician over there. I've heard she broke our agreement with the Underworld by setting foot there.

!

We did. Word certainly travels fast.

Did you come here to capture us then?

That depends. Please tell me you didn't actually have direct contact with the Underworld youkai?

Sorry, you're a little late to the punch on that one.

They captured Marisa and gave us a lot of trouble!

What?!

Don't get so mad. There wasn't any barrier stopping us.

I imagine that's because of how old the agreement is. They probably got sloppy over the years.

Yes, even Lady Yukari was aware that the barrier separating us from the Underworld was weakened. However, the treaty is not so light a matter for mere ignorance to excuse you.

I suppose it isn't.

Just so we're clear, those people were the ones that went underground. We had nothing to do with that.

What?! Don't be like that! We should fight together!

Sorry, but we can't afford to stop investigating this incident. I'm aware of the circumstances, but can't you just overlook this for now?

I might, if I thought I could trust the words of a suspicious group like yours. Furthermore, it seems you've been bullying Chen.

Hey, she started it! But I guess it's too late to talk our way out of this.

Why did it have to be now? We're just one step away from the Netherworld.

Save your breath, complaining won't get us out of this mess.

Now Chen, let's fight these humans together. The shrine maiden that Lady Yukari's had her eye on and the troublemaking magician... Let's see how good they really are.

Okay! I'll do my best!

quote:

Victory: Defeat Ran.
Defeat: All allies are defeated.
Bonus: Trigger Ran's spellcard within three turns.
The bonus this time is really evil, since Ran's first spell is a MAP.

A good chunk of my units this time weren't used last chapter, but the few who were have reduced SP. It shouldn't be an issue for Sakuya here though, since she still doesn't have Strike.

In lieu of Reimu's absence, Sakuya and Meiling are in charge of Crowmageddon 2015.

Unfortunately, this leaves the entire northern army without a solid Support Defender. Probably should have gotten Letty Support Defend instead of Support Attack!

This isn't Lunatic, though, so having everyone throw up Focus should keep them safe.

Marisa proceeds to remind me she doesn't have that by getting hit by a 4%.

Ran and Chen went right for Marisa and Alice, which will make getting the bonus much easier.
My game bugged during this animation and got stuck on Alice kicking Chen. It was pretty funny.

So you're the black-white magician Zenki reported to me about. Why did you break the agreement with the Underworld? You'd better not say you didn't know about it.

I'm pretty sick of talking about the Underworld at this point. But I'm even more sick of people getting in the way of this incident being resolved!

Music: Cyano Fantasia

We used Ran to test out translating battle dialogue. It's a shame we did it after Ryza recorded the attack animations, but hey at least it worked.

Down below, Meiling took on almost every single crow like a champ.

And Goki was nice enough to attack Sakuya so she didn't totally waste her time casting Focus.

It didn't go so well before, but it'll be different this time!

Where does she get all this energy anyway?

I'm stronger when Miss Ran's at my side! I'm a whole new shikigami this time!

Huh? What does that mean?

That cat youkai is the fox's shikigami. She's no ordinary bakeneko.

But what's a shikigami?

A shikigami is a familiar that is employed via a special art called a shiki. There's a pipeline of energy between the shikigami and its master, allowing for replenishment of spiritual power.

I'd prefer to not leave shiki in japanese, but it comes up in the dialogue enough this chapter that trying to phrase around it would just be awkward.

So the fox is actually sharing her power? That sounds like a pain to deal with.

Shikigami are more than just that. What gives us power are our faith in our master, and our full devotion to the shiki.

The power of devotion, huh? That sounds pretty nice, actually.

That's right, Miss Ran is strong and kind... I wanna be a great shikigami like her someday!

Hah, it's like a grade schooler writing out her dreams for the future.

But it's true. It's wonderful to have a master that you can look up to.

That's pretty rich, coming from you.

Hina has Devote, so Meiling won't have to worry about running out of MP.

There's an event that plays if I take down Chen first, so I focus fire on her. Ran has Support Defense (and Attack), though, and usually sticks next to Chen.

She also has a neat blocking animation.

aaaaah it went off the window

Oh, and as you'd expect Chen gets a buff for being near Ran. Nothing big though, since it's not like I can't kill her in one turn.

Especially since the Three Fairies and their abnormally strong finisher (among this party, only Flying Phoenix and Master Spark are stronger) are around. Having the Three Fairies save their MP so they can spam Three Fairies (yes that is actually the attack name) is probably the best thing to do with them if you're not using them as a fallback plan.

What? I'd probably do more damage by just spamming S-Formation three times or triggering Support Attacks off other units?

Ssssssh, don't ruin things for them.

Rumia takes out Chen since she needs the levels.

Aw... I lost again...

Chen! Are you okay?!

I'm sorry, Miss Ran. You were even powering me up...

You did well, Chen. Just rest over there for now. Don't wander off until I get back.

Understood!

Chen withdraws.

Now then, you lot. How dare you.

Come on, you started this fight, not us!

Even so, it's a matter of degrees. She was still recovering from her injuries. You will pay dearly for exploiting her weakness.

Ran casts Strike and Spirit.

That fox may look smart, but she really loses her head when it comes to her servant, doesn't she?

So the ninetails's weakness is a nekomata? Or something like that.

Not that the latter matters since Rumia finally got Daunt!

Chen drops a Tengu's Fan, which is greatly appreciated on Marisa's route since she probably didn't get one back in 2M.

First an oni, now a ninetails. What's with this luck?

You seem to be well-informed in methods to battle youkai.

Call it... experience, I guess. I've been wanting this fight for a while, but I never thought it'd be with someone's pet... oh, no offense.

You needn't worry. No matter if my opponent is strong or merely impertinent, I won't hold back.

Rumia makes a surprisingly good tank for Ran, since Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser is a, well, laser.

Also look who finally learned her best PS.

One of the problems of this voting format is that the experience is being spread so thin that a lot of characters are only now getting vital spirits/personal skills. Marisa got Strike on time since I've been forcing her, but Sakuya is still missing hers, Reimu's one Shrine Maiden level behind, Rumia got Daunt like four chapters late, Mokou should have gotten this around chapter 26... you get the point.

Oh well, at least now I know how the default levels for everyone in FMW3 ended up so low.

On the opposite side of the battle, Meiling and Sakuya finish cleaning up the generic crows.

Only one turn left for the bonus, so Nazrin pops Rat Bite.

Good grief, so I'm fighting you after all.

You're that rat from earlier. It seems your cajolery led to Chen being bullied. I'll be making up for that now.

Looks like I can't talk my way out of this. I hope I make it through...

Armor Down will hopefully help me blow through two lifebars in one turn.

Though I'll have to do something about Double Image first.

Unfortunately Rumia doesn't have enough SP to cast Daunt the number of times needed, so plan B: bypass it entirely with Strike.

This may sound like an excuse, but we only ended up entering the Underworld because we were investigating this incident. Could you please hold off on this matter until we've finished resolving this incident?

Hah. If that was a request for forgiveness, I have to wonder if you can even resolve this incident. I suppose I'll have to see for myself.

I don't have Shizuha though (:argh:) so I just have to pray for all those sad souls without Strike.

I'll be the middle of this three girl formation. Star, Luna, you take the left and right spots!

Got it, Sunny!

So you're challenging me as a trinity? What an interesting way to fight.

But you know, over there is a really powerful youkai, and over here we're just some fairies...

That's a perfect handicap for us! Okay, here we go!

I suppose this isn't that bad. I hope you can show me the extent of your cooperation.

Meanwhile Luna of all characters has a 15 SP Strike so the Three Fairies are fine. They've only got one shot left before I have to refuel them though.

You must be the master of that bakeneko. Thanks.

...? Why are you thanking me?

She was pretty tasty, so I figured I should.

Now that I think about it, Chen's clothing had bite marks all over... So, making Chen cry wasn't enough for you?!

I messed up here and had Rumia activate Darkness. Only one debuff can be on an enemy at a time, so I just got rid of Rat Bite!

The situation has gotten a little out of hand, even though we have proof we're nearing spring.

A winter youkai. So even people like you accompany the Hakurei shrine maiden.

I'd be fine with anyone as long as it brings this incident to an end. If you intend to get in the way, I won't go easy on you.

Oho, bold comments like that are splendid. But I think you should recognize the difference between us.

:toot:

Yeah, we got her!

I wish that were true, but it looks like she's as ferocious as a beast.

Hah. Comparing me to the feral beasts around here is an insult. I'm different from those other worthless youkai. I am a ninetails!

A nine-tailed fox... the stories of their fearsomeness have even reached continental Asia.

Not only are they extraordinarily strong physically, they're also incredibly intelligent. Not a youkai you want to make an enemy out of.

You're quite well-informed. In that case, you might as well surrender now. I will thoroughly interrogate you until Lady Yukari wakes up.

What do you mean? Is your master taking a nap?

Every winter, she takes a long vacation. She won't stir for anyone.

How can she be on vacation when Gensokyo's in a crisis?

Well, there was never any point in expecting something from her. She's never there when you need her, and always there when you don't.

But a youkai like her would surely notice this incident. Why hasn't she done anything?

That's a good question, but I think we have more important things to worry about now.

Indeed. Standing before you is the great Yakumo's shikigami, Ran Yakumo. I am the greatest of shiki, and the strongest of beast youkai. See for yourself.

quote:

Shikigami's Shot "Ultimate Buddhist"

The main thing Ultimate Buddhist's effect does is prevent anyone from getting right next to Ran.

How troubling. To think the matter with the Underworld would have been found out by the youkai sage...

Your grasp of the situation is just what I'd expect from a god. If you understand the mistake you made, why not take a more appropriate attitude?

...I understand why you might think the worst of our actions. However, Reimu and the others have nothing to do with this. I can't let you stop the investigation entirely.

Yeah, no way I'm taking out that health bar with only half of my units.

This is an emergency, so could you give us a brea- ah who am I kidding, it's pointless trying to talk to a familiar.

Indeed, I have no interest in listening to your excuses.

Well that was blunt. In that case, you'd better not complain once we take you out.

Ran doesn't hit super hard though, and she can't cast Focus on Normal. I think I can take one MAP.

Sorry, but that's it for me. I'm pulling back.

Sheesh, this is annoying!

Mokou and Kurumi were the only casualties. This was actually Mokou's second death this chapter, so she's out of the running early again.

...!

...!

Servant Team finishes up the southern front. They're going to try and make it back to the other team, but Ran will probably be dead by then.

Hina managed to nail a 51% Support Attack. She had Misfortune Flow on too, so the next attack should hurt.

I had the Three Fairies split in hopes of having Star and Luna trigger Marisa and Nazrin's Support Attacks then rejoining. Unfortunately the routine that governs where they go after splitting did not play nice with Ran's field, so there goes that plan.

But I have two bombs (one of which carried over from 30) so I just have Sunny bomb the danmaku and Nazrin zoom in for the finish.

Nazrin has Shotgunning, so she does a fair chunk of damage for her size. I had Rat Bite on just in case, but it turned out to be unnecessary. Which is a shame, because whenever a boss declares a spell they're also cured of any debuffs.

Hmph, I suppose a spell of that level wasn't quite enough.

Violent, yet logical. She's powered by a highly elaborate shiki.

Reimu, you know her, right? Can you try to talk some sense into her?

Don't be silly, we've barely even spoken to each other.

If we're caught here, we may never be able to get to the Netherworld.

Maybe you should just leave us behind.

What are you saying?!

I mean, the business with the Underworld is our problem, not yours. So we'll take responsibility for it, while the rest of the group goes on ahead.

Even if you say that, Hina, it's not like she'll-

Mm. Yes, I'm not here to interfere with your investigation. Very well then, anyone who thinks themselves unrelated to this affair may pass freely.

What?! You're really letting us go?

Why wouldn't I? My business is only with the magician and her compatriots. And having both groups attack me at once is quite tedious.

Well, I guess Reimu's group really does have nothing to do with this, but...

Now, what will you do? I would think the answer is obvious though.

No, we can't take that offer!

Oh really?

We of the Moriya shrine once fought them as enemies, but despite that, they welcomed us into their group. Now's the time to return the favor!

I figured you'd say that, Lady Kochiya. Aya, I assume you're not going to do as she says and leave, either?

Well, if the group splits up I might miss a chance to take a good picture, you know? We're in this together to the end.

Lady Kochiya! And the tengu!

Well, pretty much what they said. Anyway, as a shrine maiden I can't just ignore a youkai I meet on the way.

How unfortunate. I thought it was quite a generous offer. Then again, Lady Yukari doesn't mind seeing that side of you.

We're done talking! We're ready for anything you've got!

Very well then. Next up is the white-faced, golden furred, ninetails sign... If you can overcome this, then maybe I'll recognize your strength.

quote:

Kokkuri's Contract

Ideally I'd have Marisa and Alice in formation to blast through Kokkuri's Contract, but alas, without tanks to distract her Ran is right next to Marisa.

So screw it, I'll just buff Marisa up and hope for the best.

Music: Accel Fox

Ran's boss theme is kind of boring, so here's her much better player theme.

:sigh:

I knew I should have cast Strike instead of Alert.

Oh come on, that's a 1/16th chance!

At least Nazrin has her head in the game.

I start the final turn by having Star trigger Nazrin's Support Attack, which had her last Rat Bite on.

This also put Star in position for the Three Fairies to join up. Said group will always spawn on the tile Sunny is on, and she was just far away enough to drop the last Three Fairies.

Unfortunately, everyone else had to try their luck at the Double Image Lottery of Death.

It didn't really work out.

I try not to overdo things. I leave the rest to you.

My apologies, I'll have to step back.

Sorry, but I'm going to go relax in the back.

Sorry, I have to withdraw.

Ah well, guess I lost. Gonna head back for a nap!

Here's hoping these two can make it back before the spell times out.

Luna posted:

R-run awaaaaay!
I was hoping to have Luna trigger Nazrin's support attack, then rejoin back into the Three Fairies to drop their one close range move, but Ran hit on a 39%. And with Luna, Guard's half damage isn't nearly enough to stay alive. I ended up having to have Sunny do it.

Nazrin landed her Support Attack but missed her main attack. Alas.

Any more will be dangerous. I'm going to go look for somewhere safe.

If Sakuya were Reimu this would probably be it right here. Sadly, she is not and thus must also try her luck.

From what I've heard, you're quite strong, aren't you? But even with all of those tails, your master should still be much stronger.

Not quite. A youkai's charm isn't limited to their physical strength alone. Lady Yukari possesses both true strength and beauty. I follow her because I understand that.

...If you're trying to make me give in, it would be best to keep your expectations low.

Bzzt.

Meiling still has SP, but there's no way she's doing 4k in one hit. Guess that's it for me.

Even continental Asia has heard of the legend of the ninetailed fox. Not only were they strong, they also possessed a deep wisdom.

Well, I'd lose to Lady Yukari but I'd agree that my mind is quite sharp. As for my strength, this battle will soon make it clear.

:sigh:

So you managed to get away. I must admit, I'm impressed.

Of the thirty-six ancient Chinese military strategies, running away's the best. Anyway, you look too tired to keep on fighting.

So, could you let us pass, then? We want to resolve this incident as soon as possible.

Sorry about the whole Underworld thing. Once we're done here, we can talk about it as much as you like.

Well, I certainly understand how serious you are about this now. However, I am still unable to disobey Lady Yukari's orders.

C'mon, can't you just let us go already?

If we don't get a move on, the mastermind in the Netherworld might get away!

Hm? The mastermind is in the Netherworld?

Yeah, can't you see the cherry blossom petals drifting out?

Spring isn't coming to Gensokyo because someone in the Netherworld is stealing it.

Hmm, but the Netherworld should be under her management. You speak of a mastermind, but who would do such a thing? And why?

We don't know. I feel like we're still stumbling around in the dark.

It sounds like they're having a flower viewing party, so maybe they wanted to see an awesome cherry tree?

Come to think of it, wasn't Youmu looking for a way to make an unblooming cherry tree bloom back in summer?

...!!

An unblooming cherry tree in the Netherworld?!

What's wrong?

This is bad, if this has anything to do with that cherry tree, then this incident is far more dangerous than we thought.

But she of all people wouldn't- no, it's not impossible.

Reimu posted:

Wait, what's going on?!

I'm calling a ceasefire. The situation has become much more serious. How could this happen while Lady Yukari is away?!

Ran leaves. If Chen were alive, she'd follow.

Could someone tell us what's going on already?! I guess the bakekitsune went home though.

I don't think we can celebrate just yet though.

Yeah. This is just a guess, but I think I know why our mastermind is gathering spring. They want to revive a dead cherry tree in the Netherworld, the Saigyo Ayakashi.

What's so bad about that?

Everyone, gather round. I have something important to tell you.

------

31 is pretty bullshit on Lunatic since there's a pretty good chance 30 drained a good chunk of your SP. I had Reimu handle Crowmageddon 2015 (she killed 9/9 generic crows on the first enemy phase :allears:), and had everyone else form up and weather the kedama storm. Chen went down to all my tanks casting Strike and initiating a chain of support attacks. I didn't have the resources to bother forming up around Ran, so I went right into Ultimate Buddhist and got slaughtered. She cast Guard twice just to be jerk too. By the time Kokkuri's Contract started up and Reimu had made it over, I only had Keine, Sanae, and Koa alive. Nobody had SP so the only person who could even do anything was Reimu, and unfortunately Ran wanted to chase Sanae around instead. Ended up timing out the card again.

In hindsight, I probably should have brought in Shizuha. Would have prevented a whole lot of savescumming.

I feel like whether or not you can beat 31 Lunatic legitimately depends on whether or not Ran's AI bugs. For some reason she can randomly just not use her MAP.

------

Now that I think about it, frogs are around in the spring, huh.

Yes, they'll have just woken up from hibernation. They're a sign of life returning.

So what about these horsetails growing here? Do they feel like spring?

It's spring! I can feel the powerful strength they need to take root in the ground.

How about my lunchbox then?

That doesn't have anything to do with spring...

Then what about this greenish-brown rice cake~?

It's spring, it's spriiiing!

I don't get your standards...

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 16:00 on May 30, 2015

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

quote:

Sea of Clouds
Music: Dark Clouds

Full Text

quote:

They're gathering spring to revive a cherry tree that will kill everyone when it reaches full bloom.

That's horrible! We have to stop them!

We were already going to do that though.

------

Ran Yakumo
All Attacks

------

...Only one obstacle remains between everyone and the Saigyo Ayakashi: Youmu. As diligent as ever, she completely refuses to listen to Reimu's group.

However, they can't stop here. They must cross this line, and continue onwards!

Now then, please have fun playing Chapter 32 of Fantasy Maiden Wars P: "Brink of Death on the White Jade Belvedere's Staircase"!

------

Available cost: 26.0

Available units:
Alice
Sakuya
Meiling
Keine
Mokou
Komachi
Patchouli
FA Nitori
Sanae
Aya
Momiji
(Reimu and Marisa are forced.)

Cirno
Elly
Kurumi
Nitori
Koakuma
Minoriko
Shizuha
Hina
Letty
Lily White
Nazrin
Shou

Rumia
Daiyousei
Sunny
Luna
Star

You know if it weren't for Ardeem making a mistake with his vote back in 27, this would be the first time I get to use Reimu in PCB on the Normal save.

Alice is forced, you have 23.5.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 00:54 on May 8, 2015

MatteusTheCorrupt
Nov 1, 2010
Let's start with the most important part: Star for 1/3 of the faries, leaving 22.0.

MatteusTheCorrupt fucked around with this message at 13:02 on May 3, 2015

Rectus
Apr 27, 2008

Can't leave Kurumi behind. 20.0

Grashbar
Aug 17, 2014
Mokou all day, every day. 17.5 left.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Sunny for 16.

Also that Rumia-Ran convo was legit funny.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

I like how our bad choices are actually preventing him from winning now.

Luna
. 14.5

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
Let's put in Patchouli, because I like sniping. 12 left.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Go with Cirno, 10 left.

Decoy Badger
May 16, 2009
Keine, 7.5 left.

mdct
Sep 2, 2011

Tingle tingle kooloo limpah.
These are my magic words.

Don't steal them.
Sakuya, 5 left. Someone That Doesn't Suck.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Hokuto posted:

Let's put in Patchouli, because I like sniping. 12 left.

If we're bringing Patchouli, we might as well bring Koakuma too. 3.0 left.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Let's finish up with Letty for 1.0 leftover.
If we can only use her for winter stages then let's get as much more use out of her as we can while we still can.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

I feel compelled to point out that every remaining stage of FMWP is a 'winter' stage.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013
Oh.
Well now I feel like an idiot.
Doesn't change who I'm voting for though.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Pureauthor posted:

I feel compelled to point out that every remaining stage of FMWP is a 'winter' stage.

Yes, but unless the entirety of FMW3 and 4 also take place in winter, she'll be leaving after this. Ergo, we must use her as often as we can.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Each Touhou game takes place in a particular season, which FMW is sticking to even as they reorder the chronology. The other winter game is Subterranean Animism. Which is kinda funny since it takes place entirely underground, where there's no snow or anything, but Marisa is wearing a scarf and stuff.

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

Both protagonists complain about wearing winter clothes when they end up in literal hell.

Also this stage is legitimately hard and the only stage I game overed in these games outside of not knowing the objective.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

How do you get a game over in this game when you win for running away long enough?

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

I'm not a coward.

swastickas

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

why do you guys hate me so much

Taking Youmu on with only one support defender and no healing will certainly be an experience, I guess.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Time out everything.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Clarste posted:

Time out everything.

Hell no. You are no pussy, BlitzBlast. Take the power we've allowed you to use and beat everyone and everything. Think of what Reimu would do!

Nages
Dec 31, 2011

You have plenty of support defenders you just haven't given them support defense.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I mean I have Reimu so there's literally no way I can't beat Youmu but man everyone else is kind of screwed if Youmu decides to close in on them.

I guess I'll have to get Keine down to critical so Youmu will target her, then leave everyone else far away enough to snipe? Three Fairies, Kurumi, Patchouli, Marisa, Alice, and Cirno make a pretty decent support attack squad I suppose.

Actually I guess I could just have Reimu and Keine walk up to Youmu and laugh as Youmu fails to hit Reimu forever.

reimu is kind of good guys

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blitz why must you always update while i'm asleep, how can I contribute to team Fairies by voting in Lily or Dai like this! :argh:

Also, I think I spoke too soon regarding Aya last chapter as I liked how she immediately tried to throw Marisa's group under the bus to get out of any trouble. And the Three Fairies continue to be the best by saying how facing one of the most powerful Youkai in existence really only makes it a fair fight. :smug:

This next chapter might be the one i'm most interested in seeing. Since Youmu is generally one of the more kind and moral people in Gensokyo, I feel like some interesting stuff can be done with her fighting her friends. More interesting stuff than most of what PCB has been like so far, at least. And have you stopped doing the Lunatic chapters? I know there's not much difference map wise but you were saying after MOF that the final maps were hell on Lunatic, so i'd like to see what that's like.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

I posted a brief summary of the Lunatic chapter under the main part of the update. It's basically the exact same as Normal barring the additional frustration of boss spirits, so it's not worth tracking a full playthrough of. I've been doing this for all of the shared PCB chapters, you probably forgot since we just had a route split.

34 Lunatic is the only part of PCB distinct enough to be worth a separate update.

Also it's midterm week so while I'd like to get 32 out by next Wednesday, I really shouldn't. Expect it next Saturday. Chew on my favorite line from 32 while you wait:

Youmu posted:

These frivolous mid-battle conversations... it's just like back in summer.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
I'd think there would be more long-range attacks considering it's Touhou. But I suppose getting frozen in an arbitrary formation is going to be bad for your planning.

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Moved this update to the next page.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 8, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlitzBlast
Jul 30, 2011

Moved to the next page.

BlitzBlast fucked around with this message at 08:15 on May 8, 2015