Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Powershift posted:

Pass is crew tag
Right click your name at the top and hit register then join gta and one of us will start a room

Whoever is hosting the heist should start the invite only lobby and invite us

Thanks, just got it working!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So are the only "returning player exclusive" online cars the dukes and marshall?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Would anyone like to trade race wins on 1-lap supercar Criminal Records, so that we can unlock cool car parts.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Nuebot posted:

Thanks a ton, again, man! Now I have a rad car to shoot people with. Now to hit rank 90 to armor it up!

Whoaaa where do you find one of them?

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Rockstar finally responded to my two week old ticket with another canned response! At least they finally reimbursed me with GTA bucks. Oh no wait, they just said that they've given me the money, I don't actually have it.

Welp, i'll try again next friday. :thumbsup:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Xenaero posted:

Whoaaa where do you find one of them?

The cemetary near rockford hills/richman. Super low spawn if you don't already have one. My rockstar is Buttwind, feel free to add me and if you catch me online I can try to spawn one for you to pass the good will around!

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Group skydiving is the chillest thing :3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9PSNrNwAaYU

NostrilBreaker
Mar 8, 2014

I wish my friends could resist shooting each other for long enough to do this sort of thing.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is it still possible to get the crowbar in Online?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Nuebot posted:

Thanks a ton, again, man! Now I have a rad car to shoot people with. Now to hit rank 90 to armor it up!

I want a hearse. Where do you find one?

Well, duh! Can't be sure since you know how illogical GTA's car spawning system can be. Can't find a sports anywhere but as soon as you do everyone starts driving one. :v:
v

wafflemoose fucked around with this message at 04:53 on May 4, 2015

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Graveyard!

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Powershift posted:

Graveyard!

Easier if someone spawns it for you there as well.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
So hey yeah thanks guys for tolerating my laggy bullshit tonight, that was one of the more difficult rounds of missions I've been through. Hopefully whatever is wrong with my internet tonight chills the gently caress out before tomorrow.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
I bumped the back of my hearse tonight, and I noticed a casket in the back. Then I felt kinda bad that someone can't bury a body because grandpa got lost :smith:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Top Hats Monthly posted:

I bumped the back of my hearse tonight, and I noticed a casket in the back. Then I felt kinda bad that someone can't bury a body because grandpa got lost :smith:

If it makes you feel any better, the guy in the box might have been a lawyer, or somebody with a really bad connection.

Powershift fucked around with this message at 05:30 on May 4, 2015

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it still possible to get the crowbar in Online?

Should be. I picked mine up during a job, Cypress Flats LTS I think it was. Otherwise you could jump through melee only deathmatches trying to find it.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

If it makes you feel any better, the guy in the box might have been a lawyer, or somebody with a really bad connection.

They better do a post mortem on that guy quid pro quo, et cetera.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

Well, duh! Can't be sure since you know how illogical GTA's car spawning system can be. Can't find a sports anywhere but as soon as you do everyone starts driving one. :v:
v

Graveyard! My rockstar is Buttwind, like I said to the otherguy if you add me I can try and help spawn you one with mine.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

I spent maybe 2 hours total driving back and forth along the road past the graveyard today, and it never spawned. I wish I'd seen these posts.
Got through a lot of podcasts at least.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If you still play on console that's fine, I'm not going to kick anyone for not playing the game on PC. But if you don't play at all then I will remove you.

nah, I let my Live expire. Take me out, let someone else in. I'd log in to RSC and leave but hell if I remember my password :v:

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

You're a fucking cocksucker, Jonathan
Anyone up for trading race wins on PC? Super class. Rockstar name is Mr_Scumbag

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Is the Lectro worth it? Even though it has a unique ability, 750k seems like a pretty steep price for a motorbike.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Broken Cog posted:

Is the Lectro worth it? Even though it has a unique ability, 750k seems like a pretty steep price for a motorbike.

You can't even race with it. Its good for stunt jumps I guess.

Cute as heck
Nov 6, 2011

:h:Cutie Pie Swag~:h:

Broken Cog posted:

No.

Unless you like the way it looks, in which case yes.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Mr Scumbag posted:

Anyone up for trading race wins on PC? Super class. Rockstar name is Mr_Scumbag

Car class doesn't matter, land race does. You can win 50 times with a Not-Mini Cooper and unlock cool car parts for your Adder & Co.

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

orcane posted:

Car class doesn't matter, land race does. You can win 50 times with a Not-Mini Cooper and unlock cool car parts for your Adder & Co.

Hmmm. So all the "Win x more races with this class to unlock this upgrade" messages are all bullshit? You just have to win x races to unlock all mods for any class?

If so, that makes me feel a lot better about grinding out wins. Still looking for someone who's interested, by the way.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Mr Scumbag posted:

Hmmm. So all the "Win x more races with this class to unlock this upgrade" messages are all bullshit? You just have to win x races to unlock all mods for any class?

If so, that makes me feel a lot better about grinding out wins. Still looking for someone who's interested, by the way.

The classes are land, air, sea rather than muscle, compact, sports etc.
It's just really poor wording that really should have been tweaked a long time ago.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

I just tried a ton of old glitches to try and get otherwise unobtainable vehicles in my garage but rockstar patched them out. I just like collecting cool cars, guys. So now that I can't get a cop car, anyone know of any other rare/unbuyable cars to add to my collection?

The multitude of other bugs in this game, however? gently caress you, enjoy freezing and crashing.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
Dumb question but a bunch of us couldn't work or out the other night, how do you do combat rolls on the pc? And i know they go over it while playing the single player, but what's the alternate melee button for keyboard and mouse?

And one last thing. In First person Sometimes right clicking the mouse will actually bring up the guns iron sights, other times it just does the partial zoom like when I'm third person. I can't seem to workout what decides which of the two happens as its not dependent on weapon accessories from what i can tell. Can anyone tell me how i can have it so it always iron sights?

Mr Scumbag
Jun 6, 2007

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Can anyone tell me how i can have it so it always iron sights?

Scroll the mousewheel up while aiming for true ironsight. Down to go back to crosshair. As far as I know, there's no way to default to ironsight.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

So what's the deal with spawn points in missions? For some reason today I'm just constantly spawning as far as possible from every mission objective. It's a pain in the rear end to spend 99% of a mission just driving across the world.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Do the sports baller even spawn online? I been looking for like 3 days and I seen every other type of SUV but the baller s.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Do the sports baller even spawn online? I been looking for like 3 days and I seen every other type of SUV but the baller s.

I remember having a hell of a time trying to find one on 360. I don't think I've ever seen a single one since the PC release. No ballers, no cavalcades, only those ugly rear end wavy nissan juke looking ones.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Finally found a Sultan a day and a half after beginning my search - turns out driving the asterope really does increase the spawn rate.

No to just paint it pink with a purple pearlescent and turn into the absolute boy-racer shitmobile.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Mr Scumbag posted:

Scroll the mousewheel up while aiming for true ironsight. Down to go back to crosshair. As far as I know, there's no way to default to ironsight.

Thanks mate, any idea about combat rolls and the alternate melee?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Odobenidae posted:

I remember having a hell of a time trying to find one on 360. I don't think I've ever seen a single one since the PC release. No ballers, no cavalcades, only those ugly rear end wavy nissan juke looking ones.

I've seen the odd cavalcade. Its one of the rarer spawns, as is the older style baller.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

DarkMalfunction posted:

Finally found a Sultan a day and a half after beginning my search - turns out driving the asterope really does increase the spawn rate.

No to just paint it pink with a purple pearlescent and turn into the absolute boy-racer shitmobile.

It spawns quite often around the prison. One of the easier "rare" cars to find.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It spawns quite often around the prison. One of the easier "rare" cars to find.

Randomly found mine driving round Blaine County near Harmony after I gave up and started going for Simeon's HPV. Wedged my Asterope and was running off to grab another vehicle or get far enough away to call my mechanic and just randomly found one in a parking lot.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Copper For Lyfe posted:

Thanks mate, any idea about combat rolls and the alternate melee?

While aiming with right mouse button and moving, press space to combat roll in the direction you're travelling. You can hold right mouse in melee to lock on and if someone else attacks you in melee, press space before they hit to dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Songbearer posted:

While aiming with right mouse button and moving, press space to combat roll in the direction you're travelling. You can hold right mouse in melee to lock on and if someone else attacks you in melee, press space before they hit to dodge.

Also, while in the locked on mode for melee, Q and R are melee attacks. I think Q is heavy while R is normal.

• Locked thread