Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Capsaicin posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAN4SOO5CW0

Did anyone post this video of Trixie as Ru for Snatch Game? I know her Anne Frank got posted, but didn't see this one at all.

The head movement is killing me.

This was amazing! I'm sad she wasn't around for actual Snatch Game. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
"Boom. There's your Horcrux."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cr1J0FG8LVo

I love Katya and I'm probably missing half of her jokes and I still think she's just the bee's knees.

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

New thread title: Dickwicks in my Easthole.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

Anyone here going to the Drag Fest happening this weekend in Austin? So excited!

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Not Today Satan posted:

Anyone here going to the Drag Fest happening this weekend in Austin? So excited!

Yep. I'll be there tomorrow. Super excited for Coco Peru and then Tammie Brown and Kelly Mantle are doing a thing together Saturday night that should be fun.

Do you know any lesser known queens I should check out?

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

CaptainScraps posted:

Yep. I'll be there tomorrow. Super excited for Coco Peru and then Tammie Brown and Kelly Mantle are doing a thing together Saturday night that should be fun.

Do you know any lesser known queens I should check out?

What kind of stage show does Kelly Mantle do? Because her whole thing last season was that she was an actress, and not really a drag queen.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

Nihonniboku posted:

What kind of stage show does Kelly Mantle do? Because her whole thing last season was that she was an actress, and not really a drag queen.

I think she does stand up. Probably started lip syncing more since being on the show too.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I'm seeing BenDeLaCreme tonight at her show and I couldn't be more excited! :swoon:

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
What a janky drag festival. Hosted at la Quinta of all places.

Saw Sherry Vine and loved her. While at her show, ended up meeting the Feast of Fun guys and chatting for an hour. Marc and Fausto are sweet guys.

Wandered over to coco Peru and hated the club. Bad energy, bad layout, bad scheduling. Left to go see Tammie brown.

Tammie is a crazy person.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

CaptainScraps posted:

Tammie is a crazy person.

I'm kind of curious as to what a Tammie show is like?

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

angerbeet posted:

I'm kind of curious as to what a Tammie show is like?

Rambles like a crazy person. She and Kelly Mantle lip synced a bit and she did a bad dance. I only saw the last few minutes of it due to everything being a clusterfuck at scheduling.

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

CaptainScraps posted:

Rambles like a crazy person. She and Kelly Mantle lip synced a bit and she did a bad dance. I only saw the last few minutes of it due to everything being a clusterfuck at scheduling.

Sounds like me. Hey, maybe I should do drag?

Also- WHO IS SUPER HYPE FOR TOMORROW?

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

Yeah, this year was definitely a first year event. I'm hoping next year if they do it again it won't be so poorly planned. I was annoyed with how early a lot of the sets were and missed out on a bunch. Oh well.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider

Not Today Satan posted:

Yeah, this year was definitely a first year event. I'm hoping next year if they do it again it won't be so poorly planned. I was annoyed with how early a lot of the sets were and missed out on a bunch. Oh well.

Yeah. Still fun though. I saw some very good drag, some average drag, and some very, very, very bad drag.

Who'd you see?

Erdos
Dec 31, 2005
After verizon moved Logo to a different package I've been watching live through the iPad app hooked up to my TV the last few weeks. Did they remove the live TV function? I don't see it anywhere in the app anymore.

e: Nevermind. Of course I find it immediately after I posted this. It's still there.

Erdos fucked around with this message at 00:42 on May 5, 2015

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Some were better than others but this runway was loving rad.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

It helped that they probably gave them the man side of the costume.

The dances were not as horrible as I thought they would be.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

This is going to be such a hard decision, goddamn

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I have no clue... Kennedy v Trixie? I'm probably wrong.

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
Correct decision. That vogue was goddamn fierce by those two.

Hoping for a non-elimination.

Oh gently caress. Poor Trixie. She won that lip sync and did a good job dancing but Ginger has been consistently turning it out every week. She totally put everything she had into that and had energy for days but... she just hasn't been there and someone had to go home.

G-Mawwwwwww fucked around with this message at 03:02 on May 5, 2015

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
Yeah that was the correct outcome. Good episode all around though, this season is promising to end a hell of a lot stronger than it started.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Ginger brings out the loving waterworks and here we are

G-Mawwwwwww
Jan 31, 2003

My LPth are Hot Garbage
Biscuit Hider
At this point I'm preferring a season where one or two queens roll through and wreck poo poo and everything else is a sideshow. Less emotion and more fun.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
My goodness, Katya during rehearsal was gorgeous. I mean, he always is both in and out of drag but something about him in those moments made me all googly eyed.
Maybe because the Tango is a very sexy dance??
Pearls runway look had me straight up gasping though. My God. I was stunned. Trixie made my brain hurt, and not in a good way. The Pearl/Kennedy dance made me laugh in a good way! Love the juxtaposition of the two dances. They were having such a good time. Katya/Violet were great also.

This was the first time I was really nervous for my girl! I really thought Trixie Minj deserved to be in the bottom but sometimes it's hard to tell what Rupaul is thinking especially this season! That lip sync tho... Omg. Poor Trixie........ broke my heart a bit.

SatansFingers
Jul 23, 2007
One of top 3 contenders after weeks of debate.

Pinwiz11 posted:

It helped that they probably gave them the man side of the costume.

At a screening with Trixie was right now in Calgary. She says the entire costumes were made from scratch.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

I texted my friend right after judging "I DON'T KNOW WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!" There's something refreshing about that.

Lipumira
May 6, 2007

FIRE!
I thought tonight was so strange.. and while the right person probably went home I am *o*v*e*r* Ginger.

vaginadeathgrip
Jun 18, 2003

all them bitches can't handle my sassy ass mouth
I need to stop reading speculations and *top 3 spoilers* because no one knows poo poo.

:love: Katya :love: but hot drat, Pearl...

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
Ran into a couple of queens at Torrid today-

One of them told me they already know who's going to win. I didn't ask.

My question is- Can people know the outcome of the actual crowned queen? Or should I go with my gut feeling, and call bullshit?

Calamity Brain
Jan 27, 2011

California Dreamin'

SatansFingers posted:

At a screening with Trixie was right now in Calgary. She says the entire costumes were made from scratch.

Hey, I was there! Yeah, she said that they weren't even told that this was going to be an outfit they'd need so no one was prepared.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

A... a... Alyssa?

:stonk:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Bina posted:

Ran into a couple of queens at Torrid today-

One of them told me they already know who's going to win. I didn't ask.

My question is- Can people know the outcome of the actual crowned queen? Or should I go with my gut feeling, and call bullshit?
Unless this season is radically different from seasons past, it's bullshit. Nobody knows who wins (except Ru and I guess a few producers) until the reunion airs.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

CaptainScraps posted:

At this point I'm preferring a season where one or two queens roll through and wreck poo poo and everything else is a sideshow. Less emotion and more fun.

So...last season?

I don't think there's ever going to be as much talent as there was in season 6.

Vertigo Ambrosia
May 26, 2004
Heretic, please.

Lipumira posted:

I thought tonight was so strange.. and while the right person probably went home I am *o*v*e*r* Ginger.

Me too, and I'm not really sure why; I started out absolutely loving Ginger and while its obvious she's incredibly talented, I've just soured on her the past few weeks.

And I can't remember the name of the blonde guest judge with the glasses, but did her criticisms seem really off base to anyone else? I mean, she said that Trixie's outfit/dance looked camp...and meant it as a complaint. Does she know what show she was on? Did she expect "country robot" to be taken seriously?

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Gee, Trixie went home so soon after being brought back? I'm surprised. That never happens.

Not Today Satan
Apr 18, 2007

CaptainScraps posted:

Yeah. Still fun though. I saw some very good drag, some average drag, and some very, very, very bad drag.

Who'd you see?

I didn't get to see nearly as much as I wanted, but I was glad I caught Adore and Courtney.

spite house posted:

Unless this season is radically different from seasons past, it's bullshit. Nobody knows who wins (except Ru and I guess a few producers) until the reunion airs.

From what I remember no one knows the outcome until the final airing, not even the top 3. They basically film each 3 "winning" and the outcome isn't made public until the final episode airs. I think this came up last thread.

Wow, last night's episode was definitely a good one. I just love half and half face!

DapperDinosaur
May 27, 2012

This is what America's next drag super star does...

She works for a living.
This episode was weird for me because while I think the right person went home it also kind of felt unjustified? I feel like had Ru not decided to judge in pairs (which at this point in the competition, I think they should be judged individually) Pearl would have been in the bottom instead of Trixie. It also seems like Tango/Vogue is an obvious winner combination and Hodoe/Robot feels like an obvious bottom 2 combination. I really can't imagine anyone pulling that off incredibly well.

MilicentPottywinkle
Mar 16, 2006
I am not a hipster fag, stop calling me that!
A little side track from the current season:

This past weekend my partner, my sister and I went to Bianca's Rolodex of Hate in Milwaukee. The meet and greet was pretty intense but Bianca is great with fan interactions. If you're still undecided I would highly suggest picking up some tickets if she still has upcoming shows in your area; it's a great time.

My sister had a great vantage point during her "reading the queens" segment.

http://youtu.be/Xf_uXk4nIIY

curiousTerminal
Sep 2, 2011

what a humorous anecdote.
I would have been SHOCKED if anyone but Trixie or Ginger had gone home this week, actually. They missed drat near every music switch cue in the challenge by a considerably larger margin than the other teams who missed them. I'm kind of irritated the judges were fawning so hard over it. Ginger had that poo poo on lockdown the second I realized it too, since there was no way Trixie would have been allowed to stay if she had to lipsync again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

DapperDinosaur posted:

This episode was weird for me because while I think the right person went home it also kind of felt unjustified? I feel like had Ru not decided to judge in pairs (which at this point in the competition, I think they should be judged individually) Pearl would have been in the bottom instead of Trixie. It also seems like Tango/Vogue is an obvious winner combination and Hodoe/Robot feels like an obvious bottom 2 combination. I really can't imagine anyone pulling that off incredibly well.

Whaaat Pearl's runway look was top three easily if not second best.

• Locked thread