Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Whatever they did with that shut down, I was able to connect to freeroam much quicker on my Xbone after it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

I'm ready to go whever tonight for part 2 of our "let's hope someone else dies at some point so slim's connection isn't what cost us mastermind" heist run if you guys are ready to go early.

Somebody already flipped an Insurgent, I'm off the hook.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Whatever they did with that shut down, I was able to connect to freeroam much quicker on my Xbone after it.

Don't mean to be a pessimist, but that could just be because you're one of the first back in and the servers aren't overloaded yet :cheeky:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

Is it still possible to get the crowbar in Online?

Yup, I got mine because it's the locked weapon in Rockets vs. Insurgents

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim Killington posted:

That wouldn't have been a death though, only a large firey explosion.

And it wasn't flipped it was stuck in a ditch and on fire :colbert:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

Because balancing the Insurgent on a guardrail is talent. :v:

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Any alleged hotfix on the PC sure didn't fix my job problem. Still can't finish jobs that require me to enter the yellow mission finish blip on the ground. Some vehicles that I should have to chase in various jobs don't move at all. The helicopter on Chopper Tail is invisible.

Cool.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Capn Beeb posted:

Any alleged hotfix on the PC sure didn't fix my job problem. Still can't finish jobs that require me to enter the yellow mission finish blip on the ground. Some vehicles that I should have to chase in various jobs don't move at all. The helicopter on Chopper Tail is invisible.

Cool.

Sorry to say bud, but you might need to validate your files/reinstall.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Sorry to say bud, but you might need to validate your files/reinstall.

I validated the other day and it didn't fix anything :( The really amazing thing is I hosted a job for a friend and now he's got the exact same problem.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I keep getting messages popping up that rockstar's poo poo is broken as gently caress or something of that nature.

Anybody else getting this?

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
I tried to fix a car I stole that was on the requested list, for about 5 minutes and kept getting the transaction spin.

Drove to another mod shop and it went through immediately...

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

That's another thing with my bug: When you finish the mission, the white transaction pending message pops in the bottom right of the screen. I don't get that :iiam:

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Powershift posted:

I keep getting messages popping up that rockstar's poo poo is broken as gently caress or something of that nature.

Anybody else getting this?

Yeah, can't get online.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I didn't get any messages but traffic was jumping all over the place.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I just finished EMP on hard and when we finished it said it couldn't contact Rockstar servers so we didn't get paid.

Antoine Silvere
Nov 25, 2008

Are these soap bubbles?
Grimey Drawer

Nintendo Kid posted:

There's always a CargoBob in the military base. If you buy "cops look the other way" from lester ont he phone, you can't get wanted levels for like 3 minutes, so get another helicopter, fly close to the base, buy "cops look the other way", then swoop in and grab it out of the hangar or off the tarmac.

Wee Bairns posted:

Besides Nintendo Kid's advice, your other best chance of spawning one (and it's random now, not tied to level) is to fly between the Meryweather dock and the Airport helicopter pads. You'll usually get a 'Bob spawn at one or the other, and if not, just fly a short distance away to reset spawns and check again.
This is what seems to reliably work for me.

Well that's good to know, thanks. Although if I'm going all the way to the military base I usually just grab a jet but it's good to know there are cargobobs there. Why can't Rockstar just let us buy one :sigh:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Anyone want to swap race wins to unlock car parts?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Antoine Silvere posted:

Well that's good to know, thanks. Although if I'm going all the way to the military base I usually just grab a jet but it's good to know there are cargobobs there. Why can't Rockstar just let us buy one :sigh:

If you're lucky they'll accidentally expose the glitch again that lots of us used back on the 360/PS3 to buy it! (You could manually change the address on Warstock's site from like the buzzard to a different number with a fully working Cargobob page, like it had been intended for purchase)

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pretzel Rod Stewart posted:

Yup, I got mine because it's the locked weapon in Rockets vs. Insurgents

Then that is what I shall do. Thank you.

Morshu
Sep 30, 2009

Attack monkey! Monkey attack!
What the hell is with this armored kuruma that people use? Some dude kept trying to kill me, and after I took him out like 5 times he got one and was literally invincible and just drove around headshotting me with his uzi over and over again while he had about 30 cops and SWAT dudes chasing him. I mag dumped so many bullpup rifle mags into it, including at the little slit in the window, and he took 0 damage and the car wasn't even smoking. Was that dude hacking or is the car just broken? :psyduck:

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Anyone with a Hearst around atm? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

Morshu posted:

What the hell is with this armored kuruma that people use? Some dude kept trying to kill me, and after I took him out like 5 times he got one and was literally invincible and just drove around headshotting me with his uzi over and over again while he had about 30 cops and SWAT dudes chasing him. I mag dumped so many bullpup rifle mags into it, including at the little slit in the window, and he took 0 damage and the car wasn't even smoking. Was that dude hacking or is the car just broken? :psyduck:
It's a dumb car, you basically have to blow it up and pay the insurance price.

Teratrain
Aug 23, 2007
Waiting for Godot

Broken Cog posted:

But you can totally shoot them in a tiny gap to the side of the windshield! Never mind the fact that you're dead as soon as you're close enough to see the gap.

Someone mentioned that shotguns can take the doors off, though.

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Broken Cog posted:

Anyone with a Hearst around atm? Would love to get my hands on one of those.

Wrong on two counts:
1) it's not dumb (yes I went there) and
2) you can hit the driver through at least two areas of the car with a shotgun
:colbert:

Also sometimes NPCs manage to shoot the doors off, that was surprising.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Morshu posted:

Go into passive mode, watch him get mad he can't get you.

Enallyniv posted:

But you can totally shoot them in a tiny gap to the side of the windshield! Never mind the fact that you're dead as soon as you're close enough to see the gap.

Shotguns and ramming can also whack off the hood and then the engine is super vulnerable. Also if you stay behind them then they can't shoot back, since they can only use a pistol and can only fire within a limited forward and side range.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Enallyniv posted:

Use the full-auto shotgun, hide behind cover and wait for him to come around the corner/pull up next to you and then destroy him.

Nintendo Kid posted:

Go into passive mode, watch him get mad he can't get you.

This is also a fun solution because a lot of people still don't seem to understand what passive mode is. I had a guy in a jet circling me and trying to blow me up whilst I was having fun in my monster truck; he kept diving lower and lower thinking he was missing me until he crashed into a billboard.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Today while playing in passive mode, I lured a guy in a Titan with 3 of his friends into attempting to ram me in my Cargobob, and he couldn't pull up in time at the edge of the downtown LS skyscrapers so he smashed into a wall and all 4 of em died. It was great.

To enhance it, I kept passive mode off until just before they could get me, simply by leaving the interaction menu up with "enable passive" selected but not pressed.

Uselessness
Mar 29, 2005

This really pisses me
off to no end
Slippery Tilde

Capn Beeb posted:

Cool.

I don't know if you've already tried this, but a friend had a similar issue with being unable to interact with certain things. He managed to fix his by switcing the directx version he was using, I think from 10 to 11? or 11 to 11.1, I'm not really sure but it was a weird fix for a weird bug.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003

Enallyniv posted:

There are like half a dozen places you can shoot through and an auto shotty rips the doors off hilariously fast. Don't aim at the glass. Between the front slits and through the door pillars. Aim at the dead center of the doors for maximum effect.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Uselessness posted:

I don't know if you've already tried this, but a friend had a similar issue with being unable to interact with certain things. He managed to fix his by switcing the directx version he was using, I think from 10 to 11? or 11 to 11.1, I'm not really sure but it was a weird fix for a weird bug.

The real confusion stems from transferring the same exact bug to another player. The game worked fine on launch and for a good while afterwards, but the last week or so is just a poo poo show.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

kaxman posted:

There are like half a dozen places you can shoot through and an auto shotty rips the doors off hilariously fast. Don't aim at the glass. Between the front slits and through the door pillars. Aim at the dead center of the doors for maximum effect.

The heavy shotgun can pop doors off in one shot, but only if you don't aim for the panel straight on. You have to hit it at an angle for it to work.

What's easier is putting a 2 grand bounty then blowing the utter poo poo out of the car though.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Party Plane Jones posted:

The heavy shotgun can pop doors off in one shot, but only if you don't aim for the panel straight on. You have to hit it at an angle for it to work.

What's easier is putting a 2 grand bounty then blowing the utter poo poo out of the car though.

whining about it on the internet

nintendo65
Oct 16, 2008

Two universes separated by a membrane! It causes gravity! I have a uni degree in SCIENCE!!1!
This game is so much fun to play drunk that I have become a severe alcoholic

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Hey so this is awesome. Apparently if you just know someone's email or username and try to sign in as them over and over on SocialClub, you'll lock down that person's account and force them to have to deal with customer support to unlock the account. Thanks a lot, Rockstar; I love it when someone else's troll is successful because your own account system is a piece of poo poo that can't verify anyone's ownership.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

DaveKap posted:

Hey so this is awesome. Apparently if you just know someone's email or username and try to sign in as them over and over on SocialClub, you'll lock down that person's account and force them to have to deal with customer support to unlock the account. Thanks a lot, Rockstar; I love it when someone else's troll is successful because your own account system is a piece of poo poo that can't verify anyone's ownership.

Seems weird to propagate that information, now I could just do that to you whenever I want.

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

net cafe scandal posted:

Seems weird to propagate that information, now I could just do that to you whenever I want.
Except you don't know my e-mail. Also they sent me a fix (phone support wins again for me) for it that doesn't actually involve contacting their support.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011
Anyone got that list of good missions you can do solo?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Big thanks to Slim Killington, ninjahedgehog and geeves for dragging me through the heists with them for the in-order and loyalty bonuses. The mastermind challenge wouldn't be entirely out of reach with this crew.

Even with all our blunders and such, we still hammered it out in about 7 hours total.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
And thank you, my friend, for stabbing me in the rear end while I was bent over.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Yeah, very well done guys. Up next: criminal mastermind. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

Ra-amun posted:

Anyone got that list of good missions you can do solo?

If you have an armoured Kuruma, pretty much all the contact missions that allow 1 player can be soloed with minimal effort. Technique is basically sit in the car and kill everything with the AP pistol, until things stop spawning, then trigger the next spawn event, then get back in the Kuruma, repeat.
(There are some tricky missions - Dry Docking in particular - where you have to do something like crack a safe while enemies infinitely respawn, that are possible solo but probably not worth the hassle.)
The mission The Los Santos Connection is a good one because it naturally takes just about the max-payout time (~15 minutes) to complete by the time you've done all the stages. Plus you get an extra $8000 or so (in addition to the ~$20000 regular payout) by picking up all the packages in the crates at each location.

Without the Kuruma, the Blow Up I/II/II missions are pretty easy, and Defender and Chopper Tail are good bets. Avoid High Priority Case unless you have access to a helicopter.

• Locked thread