Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
I am of the unpopular opinion that in a contest between idiot bigots and indiscriminate murderers, I would side with the bigots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Maybe if the Muslims didnt have a stupid rule like no drawing of a dude none of this would have happened!

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

Dont mess with Texas

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Danger Mahoney posted:

Ah, I guess I misunderstood. The Charlie Hebdo guys and the guys in Texas were just bigots but did not deserve violence.

That's correct. That's why there's not much frooty to be had here; everyone involved is a stupid idiot, especially the dead guys who wanted to murder people.

Not My Leg
Nov 6, 2002

AYN RAND AKBAR!
E: The Schadenfreude is me for thinking I was in the Political Cartoons thread. This argument doesn't need to poo poo up another thread.

Not My Leg has a new favorite as of 01:45 on May 5, 2015

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

BlackIronHeart posted:

That's correct. That's why there's not much frooty to be had here; everyone involved is a stupid idiot, especially the dead guys who wanted to murder people.

No, it's not correct. It's not even loving close to correct.

Charlie Hebdo is about as bigoted as The New Republic. It was started and staffed by French leftists and anticolonialists. It's freaking chief target was the friggin' National Front. Charb worked for MRAP for years. Charlie frequently used racist tropes but it did so to use them to skewer and satirize racists. It's literally about as far as you can get from Geller and her ilk.

http://flyingfrenchy.kinja.com/charlie-hebdo-and-why-its-always-been-an-anti-racist-ne-1678770097
http://www.europe1.fr/mediacenter/e...raciste-2341899

Helps if you speak French for the second one. If you don't, it's the head of France's largest anti-racist group praising Hebdo for its anti-racism.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Mexican Deathgasm posted:

I am of the unpopular opinion that in a contest between idiot bigots and indiscriminate murderers, I would side with the bigots.

I don't think it's bigoted to draw a picture of some old dead guy but it's deliberately provocative the way shouting "fire!" in a theater is.

Here is a portrait of Mohamad that some goon just bought for us all to enjoy

:quig:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Danger Mahoney
Mar 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phanatic posted:

No, it's not correct. It's not even loving close to correct.

Charlie Hebdo is about as bigoted as The New Republic. It was started and staffed by French leftists and anticolonialists. It's freaking chief target was the friggin' National Front. Charb worked for MRAP for years. Charlie frequently used racist tropes but it did so to use them to skewer and satirize racists. It's literally about as far as you can get from Geller and her ilk.

http://flyingfrenchy.kinja.com/charlie-hebdo-and-why-its-always-been-an-anti-racist-ne-1678770097
http://www.europe1.fr/mediacenter/e...raciste-2341899

Helps if you speak French for the second one. If you don't, it's the head of France's largest anti-racist group praising Hebdo for its anti-racism.

That's some next level poo poo. They were drawing racists caricatures of Muslims and deliberately drawing Muhammad to incite anger in a single population as a satire.

Did they scream "it's a joke! it's a joke!" when their offices were under attack?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer
Roach motels are kind of gross. You wouldn't want to leave a roach motel on your kitchen table with polite company. But roach motels search a purpose.

Bigots in Texas are kind of gross. You wouldn't want to invite a Texan bigot to your house with polite company. But. in this case at least, bigots in Texas managed to honeypot two dangerous individuals at enormous risk to themselves.

If you want to kill people in Texas, you camp out in a clock tower, lean out the 6th floor of a depository, or go onto a military base. You don't go to a Mohammad Win-Lose-or-Draw festival unless you're pretty stupid or unstable. So I guess we can at least scratch off the ISIS Apple Dumpling gang from our list of threats.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

Killing people over a cartoon makes you a pathetic asshat, case closed.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Killing people is wrong and being a racist bigot is wrong what is the argument here?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

One is much more wrong than the other imo

I hope I haven't ruffled too many feathers with my controversial statement.

The_Book_Of_Harry
Apr 30, 2013

Krispy Kareem posted:

Roach motels are kind of gross. You wouldn't want to leave a roach motel on your kitchen table with polite company. But roach motels search a purpose.

Bigots in Texas are kind of gross. You wouldn't want to invite a Texan bigot to your house with polite company. But. in this case at least, bigots in Texas managed to honeypot two dangerous individuals at enormous risk to themselves.

If you want to kill people in Texas, you camp out in a clock tower, lean out the 6th floor of a depository, or go onto a military base. You don't go to a Mohammad Win-Lose-or-Draw festival unless you're pretty stupid or unstable. So I guess we can at least scratch off the ISIS Apple Dumpling gang from our list of threats.

This is a good post, except for the over/any-use of the toddler vernacular: gross.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Broshevik posted:

http://imgur.com/a/RDjoD :nms:

There's worse, but it's pretty fuckin' gross.
gently caress YOU, I WAS EATING

I WAS EATING COOKIES

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I guess Prometheus makes a little more sense now that I see it happens in real life, too.

CATTASTIC
Mar 31, 2010

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It would be cool to shut up about the following things:
-Bigots
-Texas
-Bigots in Texas
-Mohammad
-Whatever the gently caress Phanatic is talking about

Catts
Nov 3, 2011
darksouls.gif

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GTzHd1h47o

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Holy poo poo that could've ended badly :stare:

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

Holy gently caress. That could have quickly went into something horrifying.

China and elevators don't get along.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

The_Book_Of_Harry posted:

This is a good post, except for the over/any-use of the toddler vernacular: gross.

Gross has been pretty much re-defined as thing SJW doesn't like.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Jonny Nox posted:

Gross has been pretty much re-defined as thing skeleton doesn't like.

the gently caress's this even mean

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

flosofl posted:

No, it means the government can't throw me in jail for saying whatever I want, regardless if it upsets others. There's no right to be not offended in the US.

Of course there are very narrow exceptions to that. But ridiculing a religion is not one of them.

That's not my point. My point is that just because folks have the legal right to deliberately antagonize and offend people it doesn't mean they should exercise it. "But my free speech!" is no defense for being an arsehole. Legally, yes. Morally and socially, no

mrg220t
Mar 5, 2007

Kitty no go hungry again with finger food!!!

TopHatGenius posted:

Holy gently caress. That could have quickly went into something horrifying.

China and elevators don't get along.

That's Korean you bigot.

Morzhovyye
Mar 2, 2013

mrg220t posted:

That's Korean you bigot.

Sure hope he isn't going to any sort of non-denominational prophet drawing conventions.

Helios Grime
Jan 27, 2012

Where we are going we won't need shirts
Pillbug
Watch your step.

http://i.imgur.com/QthSGgY.webm

Shaking lemur butt
Jan 5, 2015

:haw: :v: :ohdear: :cool:

So close...

http://youtu.be/cGy02Exgw44?t=55s

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

That doesn't really bode well for any future "climbing" that guy has to do.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I love this guy. "Oh what, you're gonna roll your car? LOL HOW EDGY gently caress you."

duckmaster
Sep 13, 2004
Mr and Mrs Duck go and stay in a nice hotel.

One night they call room service for some condoms as things are heating up.

The guy arrives and says "do you want me to put it on your bill"

Mr Duck says "what kind of pervert do you think I am?!

QUACK QUACK

Danger Mahoney posted:

That's some next level poo poo. They were drawing racists caricatures of Muslims and deliberately drawing Muhammad to incite anger in a single population as a satire.

Did they scream "it's a joke! it's a joke!" when their offices were under attack?

Watch out buddy - the French government arrested 54 people for saying similar things after the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Some were children and one was arrested on a Saturday and had been charged, tried, convicted and imprisoned for 4 years by Wednesday morning.

His original crime was expressing "support" for the gunmen whilst drunk in a pub, but the French authorities got round that pesky freedom of speech thing by doing him for resisting arrest.

The French are even quite good at satirising their own legal system!

FAROOQ
Aug 20, 2014

by Smythe

duckmaster posted:

His original crime was expressing "support" for the gunmen whilst drunk in a pub, but the French authorities got round that pesky freedom of speech thing by doing him for resisting arrest.

Good

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Apocadall posted:

Killing people over a cartoon makes you a pathetic asshat, case closed.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Wow I wanna meet that kid.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

duckmaster posted:

Watch out buddy - the French government arrested 54 people for saying similar things after the Charlie Hebdo attacks. Some were children and one was arrested on a Saturday and had been charged, tried, convicted and imprisoned for 4 years by Wednesday morning.

The French are even quite good at satirising their own legal system!

this reads like a facebook post

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Jesus christ that's horrifying. :gonk:

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Well, like I always say, when its your time to get pinched in half by an elevator, its your time to get pinched in half by an elevator. At least it beats getting ground to paste in an escalator. Methinks there's a reason anything ending in 'tor' happens to sound villainous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

• Locked thread