Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I'd like to imagine i've got a knife in each hand here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Ra-amun posted:

Anyone got that list of good missions you can do solo?

Chasers becomes a cinch to do once you get that micro SMG, the Blow Ups are easy and don't even given you a wanted level half the time, actually Simeon's missions in general are pretty easy with decent payout.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Also, it should be stated how easy "Titan of a Job" becomes with a Kuruma as well. It was pretty easy to solo as it was, b'y picking off most everyone with a sniper rifle from a distance, then approaching the hangar.
Now it's 'tear in like a bat out of hell and murder everyone' from the armoured protection. Super easy, and a decent payout.

But in all honesty, the best way to grind cash and RP is "Rocket's vs Insurgents".

Pound_Coin
Feb 5, 2004
£

:siren: Holy poo poo guys get in the semi-official mumble there's goons idling in there nearly 24/7 why the hell are you trying to heist with pubbies what the christ :siren:

Radicals
Dec 16, 2005

I tried to re-create Michael Douglas from 'Falling Down' in GTA and had a little fun with it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPmdUVdT1Jg

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
people bringing a kuruma on missions is possibly even more annoying than in open world. I was doing the building site thing and some shitlord did the whole thing from inside his loving noob wagon and kept running all the other players over while doing so

so eventually everyone else died and we had to watch him taking his sweet rear end time to finish the mission. gently caress that thing

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
Your annoyance is with the shitlord, not the car.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

vug posted:

people bringing a kuruma on missions is possibly even more annoying than in open world. I was doing the building site thing and some shitlord did the whole thing from inside his loving noob wagon and kept running all the other players over while doing so

so eventually everyone else died and we had to watch him taking his sweet rear end time to finish the mission. gently caress that thing

This sounds like a pubbie problem, not an armored Kuruma problem.

My new favorite thing is helicopters. What order should I buy them in? I'm thinking Valkyrie, Buzzard, Annihilator?

Postmastergeneral
Jan 11, 2005
Played prison break heist on hard last night. Holy poo poo people get mad when I parachuted into the helicopter blades, failing the mission. Haven't been called a cancer fuckface for a while.

Disappointed, lost 100k on that one.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Annihilator is bad. Don't buy it.

Blacula
Dec 22, 2008

Policenaut posted:

The Annihilator is bad. Don't buy it.

Savage, then?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Postmastergeneral posted:

Played prison break heist on hard last night. Holy poo poo people get mad when I parachuted into the helicopter blades, failing the mission. Haven't been called a cancer fuckface for a while.

Disappointed, lost 100k on that one.

That's the heli pilot's fault.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

Blacula posted:

Savage, then?

The Savage has a nice cannon but the range is awful and it has a limited field of fire. Plus, like the Annihilator it has godawful maneuverability. Can you even use the nose cannon without a passenger?
The Valkyrie is somewhere between the big fuckers and the buzzard in almost every respect. It doesn't look as nice as the armoured one from the mission and is nowhere near as durable though.
I'd stick with the Buzzard for most stuff, honestly.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Blacula posted:

This sounds like a pubbie problem, not an armored Kuruma problem.

My only gripe with the Kuruma is that most assholes are jerking around the whole time, trying to run people over. You've got four people in the car with ap pistols, just sit still for like three loving seconds and we'll headshot a dozen guys easy.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Is the armored Karuma the car to buy to keep my rear end from getting gunned down by drive by SMGings?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

PaybackJack posted:

Is the armored Karuma the car to buy to keep my rear end from getting gunned down by drive by SMGings?

Yes

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Did someone make a rockets vs insurgents for the PC yet?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Have races, will trade.

On PC, only need ~10 wins.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

ijyt posted:

Have races, will trade.

On PC, only need ~10 wins.

Which class? Not that it matters. I'm on later tonight.
http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/blam_o

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak
The armored Kuruma is a bit silly, it makes a lot of missions way too easy, plus it really messes with the open world. You pretty much need one driving around which makes a lot of the other vehicles pretty pointless.

My favourite trick is baiting pubbies into blowing me up in my kuruma for a $1000 bounty.

Maytag
Nov 4, 2006

it's enough that it all be filled with that majestic sadness that is the pleasure of tragedy.

Radicals posted:

I tried to re-create Michael Douglas from 'Falling Down' in GTA and had a little fun with it;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPmdUVdT1Jg

This is so stupid and wonderful. Nice work.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

What I don't like about the Kuruma is that I can't drive my nice classic cars because of it.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
The Armored Kuruma is the worst thing. Drive a real car.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I wonder if the armored Kuruma babbies would stop loving around with Kurumas if everybody else just went into passive or did jobs straight from the phone. Probably not, they'd probably keep prowling and patrolling around just in case other people want to have fun in Free Roam. Gotta get that YouTube footage somewhere.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I use the kuruma in missions if I don't feel like actually doing the mission because it's boring and I just want to get to the heist.

Snakes in a can
May 14, 2014

Just finished a free roam with some goons, showing off some slick cars. Then obviously had a pubbie come in a ruin our fun. We then did the only right thing and hunted him down for the next 30 minuets until he quit. He learnt many things like rockets don't work to well against insurgents and that i am a baddie for driving in a strait line. Also i learnt i probably shouldn't be in an aim assist lobby either. :downsbravo:

Also if your thinking of picking up any form of military vehicle get the buzzard, Valkyrie or the insurgent pick up. Since the heat seeking launcher exists its incredibly easy to shoot choppers out of the air, though the buzzard or valk can be fun to do missions with. The insurgent is neat as it takes like 5 direct rockets to kill it, you get a cool mounted gun and sometimes pubbies kill themselves with their own rocket.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pound_Coin posted:

:siren: Holy poo poo guys get in the semi-official mumble there's goons idling in there nearly 24/7 why the hell are you trying to heist with pubbies what the christ :siren:

Can I use it while playing on PS4?

What's the lag? Does that even matter?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Pro-tier Rocket's vs Insurgent! Strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNiNZXSQhzQ

Less-Than-Pro-Tier Big guns vs Insargents Strategy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_rWfDwo7p_4

Snakes in a can posted:

The insurgent is neat as it takes like 5 direct rockets to kill it, you get a cool mounted gun and sometimes pubbies kill themselves with their own rocket.

Thank you for the excuse to repost this video, from early Insurgent days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oGdSmdcftI

slicing up eyeballs fucked around with this message at 14:59 on May 5, 2015

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

Did anyone wind up getting the hearse to spawn yesterday?

Duke Chin
Jan 11, 2002

Roger That:
MILK CRATES INBOUND

:siren::siren::siren::siren:
- FUCK THE HABS -

Blacula posted:

My new favorite thing is helicopters. What order should I buy them in? I'm thinking Valkyrie, Buzzard, Annihilator?

Friends don't let friend buy the Annihilator...ever.

Ever ever.

It is the most pointless/useless heli in the game.

Buzzard Vulture Valkyrie

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

hellfaucet posted:

Did anyone wind up getting the hearse to spawn yesterday?

The other goon who requested one was sitting in a Hearse at the cemetery when I signed on. I saw you in mumble, but then you disappeared and I went off to do heists, etc.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
I'd also like to get my hands on a Hearse, if there's a GTA santa going around.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Duke Chin posted:

Friends don't let friend buy the Annihilator...ever.

Ever ever.

It is the most pointless/useless heli in the game.

Buzzard Vulture Valkyrie

I had a fun moment taking an annihilator I found at noose (trying to spawn buzzard for the turn blind eye and cause havoc daily objective, got frustrated and decided to go on an old fashioned rampage) and getting up to five stars and mowing down all the police choppers that came after me before flying off victoriously into the sunset.

Giovanni0109
Apr 28, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I'd also like to get a hearse, though I likely won't be online again until later this week.

Bob Log
May 19, 2004

Hey, It's Bob Log
Starting at Noon PST I'm going to be running an experienced crew through the Criminal Mastermind Challenge (All the same people running all heists from Fleeca to Pacific Standard in order without dying) we have at least 1 or possibly 2 spots open. If you're over level 100, have completed all the heists, are confident in your ability to complete this challenge and have the time to complete the challenge in a single sitting, add me on Social club (Bob_Log) or be in Mumble around 12:00 PST and we'll go make lots of money together.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Lots of new poo poo on the modding scene. Remember to post your fancypants machinima in the mod thread.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3716767

Also, what's the status of ReShade/SweetFX in Online? Do they ban for that or was it just the ScriptHook?

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

geeves posted:

The other goon who requested one was sitting in a Hearse at the cemetery when I signed on. I saw you in mumble, but then you disappeared and I went off to do heists, etc.

Wound up having to leave for a meeting. I'll hang out in mumble tonight, down to play with some goons.

Cerebulon
Mar 29, 2010

Destroyer of Worlds*
(*No worlds were harmed in the making of this title.)

geeves posted:

Yeah, it spawned soon after I got in the same session as you and I got in just as you pulled up. Presumably because you were in yours on the way because I'd spent hours driving past that spot with zero luck.
Thanks, now I have another bad gimmick car to bring on missions instead of a boring sports car.

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User
GTA Online summarized: people driving around in their Kurumas trying to kill other people in their Kurumas and using passive mode in the event their Kuruma gets destroyed while they wait for the mechanic to deliver a new one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

UserErr0r posted:

GTA Online summarized: people driving around in their Kurumas trying to kill other people in their Kurumas and using passive mode in the event their Kuruma gets destroyed while they wait for the mechanic to deliver a new one.

Quit playing with pubbies then.

• Locked thread