Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Yeah, the multiplayer was planned in the Kickstarter, but the dedicated programmer they had put on it became a father early on in development and they had to make the decision of whether to include multiplayer and delay the game further or release the game as is and possibly patch multiplayer in later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Are there any rock quarries in this game I haven't seen one yet

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That is probably for the best. The game is nowhere NEAR balanced enough for multiplayer right now. (Stacking SWAT?)

Blockhouse posted:

Are there any rock quarries in this game I haven't seen one yet

Yes there are.

5er
Jun 1, 2000

Qapla' to a true warrior! :patriot:

I am definitely going to keep an eye out for this when it hits Android.

Prosthetic Head
Aug 11, 2005
I don't know if this is obvious to everyone else, but I discovered that you can skip dialogue/etc by holding enter, which fast-forwards. Also, the dialogue is seriously painful at times..

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Prosthetic Head posted:

Also, the dialogue is seriously painful at times..

Then it's perfect!

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The dialogue really really could have used an English editor. It's not unreadable but it's incredibly ESL at times.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

ImpAtom posted:

The dialogue really really could have used an English editor. It's not unreadable but it's incredibly ESL at times.

Golden Goat posted:

Then it's perfect!

Otto von Ruthless
Oct 1, 2014
I keep doing like 2 missions and then starting over because I want to change my team/the color of my uniforms

Any advice on squad composition? note: squad must include the robot

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Make the robot your techie so he goes to the dentist.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Otto von Ruthless posted:

I keep doing like 2 missions and then starting over because I want to change my team/the color of my uniforms

Any advice on squad composition? note: squad must include the robot

Here is a breakdown some one did for the characters and each position: http://steamcommunity.com/app/251130/discussions/0/620712364040402813/

Comes off kind of rambling but one of the developers liked it enough to suggest making it a guide. Its doesn't include the kickstarter backers characters if you have them but gives a idea what should be in each role. To answer your question you can make the robot your Lead and have him tank monster for you.

BexGu fucked around with this message at 20:02 on May 5, 2015

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
Is anyone else besides me having an issue with Fast Reflexes not working? I ended up with a scout with like 94% dodge chance with Fast Reflexes active and he still never ever Countered. It's quite annoying.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

the bit with the female/male hostage thing was the funniest thing ive read in years

i cant even tell if it was meant to be funny or not

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I don't suppose they have Japanese Spider-Man Sentai?

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Kind of spoilery stuff that can matter for team composition if you're easily upset by characters doing things you don't expect:

- Techie: Has a romance subplot with a potential 6th ranger, who is a girl. Also goes to the dentist.

- Assault: Becomes the Kamen Rider style solo character, if you go down that route.

- Lead: anyone who doesn't read this will think the lead does something important in the story hahahaha

The game also doesn't tell you about your mech's colorscheme when creating your team, so

Mecha Part Colors:

Lead: Head
Techie: Torso
Assault: Left Arm
Scout: Right Arm
Support: Legs

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

My Metal Hero route save is, uh, certainly a thing.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Somebody needs to mod the Zettai Hero Project soundtrack into this game.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Shaezerus posted:

My Metal Hero route save is, uh, certainly a thing.

Pyronic
Oct 1, 2008

ROYAL RAINWHARRGARBL

Lizard Wizard posted:

Somebody needs to mod the Zettai Hero Project soundtrack into this game.

ZHP is incredible.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012
I'm glad they've tweaked the writing, it could do with another pass but it's good to see them trying.

I hope they do something about the weird balance of the Rider path, difficulty on it is an utter yoyo that makes no sense.

Shaezerus
Mar 24, 2008

God? Or perhaps a devil?
Show me which you'll choose!

The moment I saw the color choices that's exactly what I wanted to go for at least once. :ssh:

Earth's mighty heroes Blue Man Five: Gray Blue, Light Blue, Red Blue, Blue Blue and White Blue!

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
I was stuck so long trying to think of a gimmick until I realized I could choose blacklight poster colors (orange, lime, cyan, purple, and pink). So I went with that. The robot is "ultraviolet" and morphing is "tripping out!". It actually works pretty well and it made the robot have a pretty coherent color scheme.

I was going use a second playthrough for any better ideas but it's feeling like the game won't be as much fun the second time. I'm barely trying on interesting and battles are a breeze and I have 11000+ fans. Oh well, I've had fun this run and usually I find tactics games too slow and arcane for single player affairs.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

In other exciting news: apparently the game's legal issues did not end with Saban's previous hissy fit. They have now brought Toei into the field, and the two of them have now gotten the game removed from Steam in any country where Sentai series are currently being shown. So if you've been holding off on purchasing the game, best do it now before they get pulled entirely!

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Nick Buntline posted:

In other exciting news: apparently the game's legal issues did not end with Saban's previous hissy fit. They have now brought Toei into the field, and the two of them have now gotten the game removed from Steam in any country where Sentai series are currently being shown. So if you've been holding off on purchasing the game, best do it now before they get pulled entirely!

loving ridiculous. Fair use? Parody? Toei and Saban don't actually own the entire concept of a multicored hero team? gently caress all of that, I guess.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saban couldn't get the little weak kid's lunch money so they went crying to their mommy.

And yet they do nothing about the myriad of other Sentai parodies in games made by larger studios that can actually afford lawyers. It's bullying, plain and simple.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Is there any way to use Teamwork with skills?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban couldn't get the little weak kid's lunch money so they went crying to their mommy.

And yet they do nothing about the myriad of other Sentai parodies in games made by larger studios that can actually afford lawyers. It's bullying, plain and simple.

Yeah, this is just incredibly petty bullshit from an incredibly petty company.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Saban: *Looks at The Wonderful 101, a game that is about a team of multicolored heroes but is published by a company that has gone up against loving Universal and won* This is fine.

Saban: *Sees a game about a team of multicolored heroes made by an independent studio based in a country they don't even do business in* THAT'S NOT OKAY.

Rocketlex
Oct 21, 2008

The Manliest Knight
in Caketown
I wonder if they got upset because half the game's story is about literally this happening.

Brinty
Aug 4, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban: *Looks at The Wonderful 101, a game that is about a team of multicolored heroes but is published by a company that has gone up against loving Universal and won* This is fine.

Saban: *Sees a game about a team of multicolored heroes made by an independent studio based in a country they don't even do business in* THAT'S NOT OKAY.

Saban saw a company small enough to bully without fear and went full on, Saban is seriously terrible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I will say Toei has more of a right than Saban to act on this, but it's still bullshit considering the circumstances.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Waffleman_ posted:

Saban probably realized suing Nintendo would have resulted in the same thing as happened with GW and Space Marines

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Man gently caress Saban and Toei, this game is good and I want it to succeed. :(

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

If these guys went to court they'd win without a problem I'm sure, but they're too small to afford any of that poo poo so they just have to bow to demands I guess.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Brinty posted:

I'm glad they've tweaked the writing, it could do with another pass but it's good to see them trying.

I hope they do something about the weird balance of the Rider path, difficulty on it is an utter yoyo that makes no sense.

The English translation has this weird effect that makes it difficult to differentiate drama that's happening as part of the TV show and drama that's happening off set. You blink and you won't know if the in-fighting between cast members is just acting or actually real. It gives it an unintentional David Lynch quality.

Kelp Plankton posted:

If these guys went to court they'd win without a problem I'm sure, but they're too small to afford any of that poo poo so they just have to bow to demands I guess.

Back in the middle of 2014, Behold Studios got into trouble with Saban over their the Kickstarter for Chroma Squad. Behold Studios didn't want to go to court since they'e a small studio and the legal costs would cripple them. They preferred to work out a deal with Saban and give royalties if need be. However, negotiations must have broken down with the game nearing release.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Holy poo poo I just heard it got pulled from some places. This game is so tiny I can't believe Saban and Toei went and got it pulled. I wonder if they'll take the "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" from the title and such.

It's kinda funny considering the plot though.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Golden Goat posted:

Holy poo poo I just heard it got pulled from some places. This game is so tiny I can't believe Saban and Toei went and got it pulled. I wonder if they'll take the "Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers" from the title and such.

It's kinda funny considering the plot though.

The plot is such an amazing gently caress you.

I knew who he was supposed to be I didn't even think about it until a friend pointed it out that Dr. Mi Ah's name is just Haim (as in Haim Saban) backwards.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I knew who he was supposed to be I didn't even think about it until a friend pointed it out that Dr. Mi Ah's name is just Haim (as in Haim Saban) backwards.

Oh holy poo poo I didn't notice this. I love this game.

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

ImpAtom posted:

I can't wait for MGS5. It's plot is already centered around betrayal and the destruction of one's home.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro Nut
Feb 22, 2013

Nonsensical Space Powers, Activate! Form of Friendship!
His email address is also nab@s or some such.

That might be why negotiations broke down, thinking about it. Ie, when the game was in development, the Saban reps saw just the general mechanics and figured that was fine as long as the tagline was there. But once the game was playable and that came out, they decided to go at it again, and bringing in Toei so that the case was technically different from what was previously resolved.

• Locked thread