Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Sorry to whichever X-something WEZL member that was I just blew the second stage of the Fleeca job for. I've been trying to do this job all night and no matter if I host or someone else it gets incredibly lagged and poo poo starts popping around. Normal missions have been fine and I even did one of the other Heists but for some reason the first couple Fleeca jobs are totally bugged for me, during one of them we cleared the Kuruma and then I couldn't drive it. Strange it's only this one job, and GOD I wish you could skip these cutscenes now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceBanditos
Aug 29, 2006

Did you hear maracas?

Bob Log posted:

Starting at Noon PST I'm going to be running an experienced crew through the Criminal Mastermind Challenge (All the same people running all heists from Fleeca to Pacific Standard in order without dying) we have at least 1 or possibly 2 spots open. If you're over level 100, have completed all the heists, are confident in your ability to complete this challenge and have the time to complete the challenge in a single sitting, add me on Social club (Bob_Log) or be in Mumble around 12:00 PST and we'll go make lots of money together.

Quoting this to say Bob is a legit cool dude and he and I had a magnificent run at this over the weekend until I hosed it up and died during the trash truck mission of Series A :smithicide:.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A good guide to all the stunt jumps and doesn't suck because it didn't put arrows pointing to vague locations on a lovely Los Santos map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WQ0w7JLk0

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

PaybackJack posted:

GOD I wish you could skip these cutscenes now.

Unless there's a particular bug on your end, or I'm misunderstanding which you're referring to, you should be able to skip the long intro cutscenes if everyone taps space during the cutscene. Only ones that should be forced are the quick mid/end-mission ones.

Mindbomber
May 12, 2004
That IS.......a tasty burger
Is the All In Order Challenge repeatable?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Also! Presently starting up Prison heist on PC with all the setup missions. If you're up for it, please let me know - aldashin on RSC. I've done all the setups and finale before, just looking to be the one to start it this time.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

PC bug continues. I've verified files, reinstalled, and I still get the following problem:

Invite only game
Play any mission
Vehicles that I should have to chase (Helicopter in Chopper Tail, van in Show Me The Monet, two vans in Hit 'Em Up) do not move. Vans sit in their spawn location, helicopter is invisible. I can hear the rotors, but I can't see it above me. Used to be it would just sit on the road and I'd have to yank the driver out and let them get back in to get it to take off.
Carry out mission objectives, proceed to mission turn in point
Enter yellow complete mission blip
No job complete cutscene fires
No "transaction pending..." popup in bottom right of screen
I either sit in my car or walk to where my character stands in the post mission cutscene
The world continues to progress. Traffic and pedestrians still spawn and travel, weather cycles continue firing, radio still plays.

I can replicate this bug with a 100% success rate.

The only time I can complete a job is if it has no complete mission blip, example: Killing all the remaining enemies at the motel in Hit 'Em Up. Choosing a mission from the vote screen and completing it via entering the final yellow blip still ends in the same bug.

I managed to transfer this bug to a friend when I hosted a job for them, now they have the exact same problems.

What the absolute gently caress is broken here?

Beeb fucked around with this message at 21:59 on May 5, 2015

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

geeves posted:

A good guide to all the stunt jumps and doesn't suck because it didn't put arrows pointing to vague locations on a lovely Los Santos map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7WQ0w7JLk0

I recently used this website, IMO it's pretty good too, the jumps could be ordered better but otherwise it's nice for people who don't want to watch videos:
http://www.usgamer.net/articles/all-50-grand-theft-auto-5-stunt-jump-locations-show-off

gently caress that lighthouse jump without singleplayer quicksave and/or Franklin's slowmo, though :argh:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Mindbomber posted:

Is the All In Order Challenge repeatable?

No, none of the challenges are. The elite challenges might be, I don't know anyone who's even done them once though.

IBlameRoadSuess
Feb 20, 2012

Fucking technology...

At least I HAVE THIS!

Capn Beeb posted:

PC bug continues. I've verified files, reinstalled, and I still get the following problem:

Invite only game
Play any mission
Vehicles that I should have to chase (Helicopter in Chopper Tail, van in Show Me The Monet, two vans in Hit 'Em Up) do not move. Vans sit in their spawn location, helicopter is invisible. I can hear the rotors, but I can't see it above me. Used to be it would just sit on the road and I'd have to yank the driver out and let them get back in to get it to take off.
Carry out mission objectives, proceed to mission turn in point
Enter yellow complete mission blip
No job complete cutscene fires
No "transaction pending..." popup in bottom right of screen
I either sit in my car or walk to where my character stands in the post mission cutscene
The world continues to progress. Traffic and pedestrians still spawn and travel, weather cycles continue firing, radio still plays.

I can replicate this bug with a 100% success rate.

The only time I can complete a job is if it has no complete mission blip, example: Killing all the remaining enemies at the motel in Hit 'Em Up. Choosing a mission from the vote screen and completing it via entering the final yellow blip still ends in the same bug.

I managed to transfer this bug to a friend when I hosted a job for them, now they have the exact same problems.

Hard drive failure and/or the game just doesn't like your PC? I've got no clue as to why this might be happening otherwise.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine
Banned from online for modding single player for the purpose of the jetpack hunt. :smith:

But I got a shoutout on PC Gamer today! (I'm DidsomebodysayFIB)

http://www.pcgamer.com/the-latest-theories-from-gta-5s-ufo-hunters/

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chippita posted:

Banned from online for modding single player for the purpose of the jetpack hunt. :smith:

Did you forget to revert your files before going online?

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Capn Beeb posted:

One of my friends had weird issues with online which included some cutscenes not playing. He managed to get it working again by switching from DirectX 11 to DirectX 10. If you're using DirectX 11 it's worth a shot (unless you're playing on console, in which case ignore me).

Chippita posted:

Yeah, Rockstar are apparently banning quite a lot of people for modding single player. Apparently they catch you if you try to play online without changing the files back.

Chippita
Jun 12, 2006

by Shine

ijyt posted:

Did you forget to revert your files before going online?

Nope! Haven't touched online since I started hacking.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

IBlameRoadSuess posted:

Hard drive failure and/or the game just doesn't like your PC? I've got no clue as to why this might be happening otherwise.

Single player works fine. Non-mission jobs work fine (skydiving, races, etc). My friend that had the same bug just restarted and now things work for him so far, so I'm going to try that now.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Slim Killington posted:

No, none of the challenges are.

Really? drat, that is some bullshit. Well, when we get the band back together for Criminal Mastermind hopefully your game will register the one you missed the first time around (All in Order or Loyalty, I forget which one got messed up)

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Chippita posted:

Nope! Haven't touched online since I started hacking.

Welp, at least you were banned doing something worthy.

Also, finally found a Western Daemon since trying to find one on PS3. Between my ricer cars and classic cars my garages are starting to look niiiice.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

ninjahedgehog posted:

Really? drat, that is some bullshit. Well, when we get the band back together for Criminal Mastermind hopefully your game will register the one you missed the first time around (All in Order or Loyalty, I forget which one got messed up)

Yeah it was the loyalty one, I'm sitting at 23/26. Kind of irritating that there's no way for me to figure out how or where it went wrong, but like you said, it should knock out the next time.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Is there any way to get the Independence Day masks on PC? I need them for my animal themed biker outfits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Wait two months?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Wait two months?

??

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
Independence day is July 4th. They will no doubt run the event again.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

I rebooted and now Online works as it was before. Also the little yellow mission blips are super skinny now:

This game can be so weird sometimes.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Cojawfee posted:

Independence day is July 4th. They will no doubt run the event again.

:doh:

On an unrelated note, I think the Benefactor Glendale is my favourite crimedad car.

Eregos
Aug 17, 2006

A Reversal of Fortune, Perhaps?
Crossposting from custom dev thread:
These crazy custom sky races deserve an honorable mention. This was the best video I could find relatively quick, but there are already plenty of good sky races out there and more sure to come.

Stringbean
Aug 6, 2010
A video wherein I die unusually.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Looking to do a heist from setup to completion with the same group. Going to do Prison break since it's my only heist ATM. Add Haughernaut if interested. I am in the CTS Mumble Server as well.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Hey FallinInTheBlak, if you still need to make room in lljk i suggest this guy. He joined our heist setup and just before we finished it he started screaming a bunch of racist poo poo in chat and then kept jumping off a building over and over so we kept failing it. He's a waste of space if there are goons waiting to get in the crew.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/tijuana_lou

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

CJ posted:

Hey FallinInTheBlak, if you still need to make room in lljk i suggest this guy. He joined our heist setup and just before we finished it he started screaming a bunch of racist poo poo in chat and then kept jumping off a building over and over so we kept failing it. He's a waste of space if there are goons waiting to get in the crew.

lol

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

ijyt posted:

:doh:

On an unrelated note, I think the Benefactor Glendale is my favourite crimedad car.

Dundreary Regina is where it's at for me :v:

Perfect for roadtrips and murder.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CJ posted:

Just saw him taking a ride in a walking helicopter.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

CJ posted:

What a pathetic little narc you are.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
lol it wouldn't be his first time but this is gta chill

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Knuc U Kinte posted:

What a pathetic little narc you are.

~drama~ in the GTA thread!

Who will lose their temper? Who will rant for pages and pages?

Who cares!?

Does anyone know how to change the default weapons in the weapon wheel? I know you can change them temporarily with tab (PC version), but sometimes I'm in a hurry and setting a shopkeeper on fire with a flaregun is counter productive.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Slim Killington you're my hero. :allears:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Oh poo poo what'd I do now

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Slim, when did you leave? i was able to taken off again from downtow, and landed a no-engine jet on the roof the arena.

Mindbomber
May 12, 2004
That IS.......a tasty burger

CJ posted:

Lou is gentleman and a statesmen. This libel is clearly politically motivated.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Powershift posted:

Slim, when did you leave? i was able to taken off again from downtow, and landed a no-engine jet on the roof the arena.

I died in the intersection we touched down in, and hopped out to eat dinner.

That slaugherfest was incredible. Let that be a lesson to anyone who blows up two guys just playing around with their dump truck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

Please stop calling Lester. It's not you, it's me.

• Locked thread