Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

The Lord Bude posted:

From the promo it looks like it will be more sleepy hollow style scenery chewing, given the impending presence of John Noble

Super excited for that. If the show does end with this then it ends with a bang.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wahad
May 19, 2011

There is no escape.

The Lord Bude posted:

From the promo it looks like it will be more sleepy hollow style scenery chewing, given the impending presence of John Noble

Wait, what? Is this real? Where did this get revealed?

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib

Wahad posted:

Wait, what? Is this real? Where did this get revealed?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcfDjZiiY7Y

Finale promo

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'd love to see another season but if everything gets resolved in the finale it's kinda hard to see where it might go next. I think I'm OK with a single season that comes to a satisfying conclusion vs the dangling hope of a renewal leaving plot threads trailing.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

So Adam is Caesar then, roman dagger?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Everything Burrito posted:

I'd love to see another season but if everything gets resolved in the finale it's kinda hard to see where it might go next. I think I'm OK with a single season that comes to a satisfying conclusion vs the dangling hope of a renewal leaving plot threads trailing.
I'm kinda glad they're sorta just going for broke in case they get canceled. Though I hope they get renewed but also have enough for another season. Cause the second half especially (I feel like I'm repeating myself) is really strong because of it.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

So Adam is Caesar then, roman dagger?
Eh, I'm kinda wary it's any historical figure because someone would've noticed he up and disappeared while about 2 dozen or so people were watching? Someone else also suggested he might be Brutus but a quick wikipedia check says he committed suicide, so that probably doesn't fit either (or with them burying him), but I'd be surprised to see what they do either way.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Sober posted:

Eh, I'm kinda wary it's any historical figure because someone would've noticed he up and disappeared while about 2 dozen or so people were watching?

Maybe that's why he was officially declared a god after his death though?

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Sober posted:

Eh, I'm kinda wary it's any historical figure because someone would've noticed he up and disappeared while about 2 dozen or so people were watching?

Well, Henry also didn't disappear the first time he 'died'.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

Sereri posted:

Well, Henry also didn't disappear the first time he 'died'.

Didn't he? Where did he go from the ship then?

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
There's been a couple times where they've shown him being thrown overboard. How he got from the middle of the ocean to safely ashore is anyone's guess, and one of those things not worth thinking about too hard.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
I just finished the Empress of Africa episode, and if this show isn't renewed it will be a shame.

e: Holy hell the end of episode 21. :stare:

If this only gets one season the finale is going to be a bang, isn't it? :ese:

WarLocke fucked around with this message at 06:17 on Apr 26, 2015

Polaron
Oct 13, 2010

The Oncoming Storm
I'm really kind of stunned at how strongly this show managed to find its feet. Adam is an incredible sorta-villain and the cast just works together really well. That scene in the morgue around Abigail's remains really just knocked it out of the park.

Please get a second season, Forever.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Polaron posted:

Please get a second season, Forever.

Another season for Forever, forever.

karrethuun
Jun 6, 2011
Just watched the season finale. Great first season. One of my favorite new shows of the year. I really hope this gets renewed for a second season. The cast has great chemistry.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Now that's how you do a finale. drat.

At least if the show doesn't get another season that was a great note to end on.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Ooh! Are we messing with Adora?

I loved the episode, and I hope they get a second season, but if they don't, the villain was defeated, all the major plots were wrapped up and the show ended on a hopeful note.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Agreed. I'm pretty okay with how it ended for a series ending, but it'd be great to get another season.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Great final episode. I really hope it gets renewed. I love all the characters, especially the relationship between Henry and Abe.

praying to the tv gods

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I wish it gets renewed, but I also wish he would have just up and told Jo, because that was the biggest tease of this series.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I wish it gets renewed, but I also wish he would have just up and told Jo, because that was the biggest tease of this series.

They had to leave something for next season, if there is one.

I was just glad they didn't cut right when he got shot/was laying on the platform. That would be an annoying end if this is the series finale.

MrFlibble
Nov 28, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Fallen Rib
Anyone else think - for just a moment anyway - that they were going to up and kill Henry? I mean obviously they weren't going to but when Abe was at the river I was like, holy gently caress they might kill him. And I legitimately cared (for Abe and Jo at least, Henry probably would have been cool with dying)

A pretty drat good finale.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Crusty Nutsack posted:

They had to leave something for next season, if there is one.

I was just glad they didn't cut right when he got shot/was laying on the platform. That would be an annoying end if this is the series finale.

Umm, isn't that the point at the end when she shows up with his watch and the old photo Adam had? With Abe telling him to tell her and Henry saying is a long story? That's what I took away from it, anyway.

Edit: Unless you're talking about earlier in the season. There was a number of times I wished he had done so, but I think it worked well how they did it this way.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

MrFlibble posted:

Anyone else think - for just a moment anyway - that they were going to up and kill Henry? I mean obviously they weren't going to but when Abe was at the river I was like, holy gently caress they might kill him. And I legitimately cared (for Abe and Jo at least, Henry probably would have been cool with dying)

It's almost worse than that in a way. "Take a good look, Henry. This is what a good man looks like after two thousand years. :unsmigghh:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

WarLocke posted:

It's almost worse than that in a way. "Take a good look, Henry. This is what a good man looks like after two thousand years. :unsmigghh:

That's what I like about Adam as a villain, it's what I've always liked about him. The possibility that Henry could become just like him given enough time spent watching everyone he forms connections with grow old and die.

For a moment at the end I thought the show would actually get away with Henry's usual lame excuse, but then Joe revealed the photo.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

One particular scene that struck me really hard was a few episodes back when Adam called to taunt Henry, then at the end of the call you see he's standing out on some naked girders above a road, just nonchalantly walking around on them. I got the vibe at the end of that scene that Adam is so jaded he'd just walk off those girders to get home because it would be faster.

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
I watched this episode fearing I was going to be really loving pissed if the show didn't get renewed and we got a lovely cliffhanger, but that was a good way of ending the season and tying things up in case it doesn't get renewed.

MrFlibble posted:

I was really tempted when I came to that scene to google if the series had been renewed or not, because I was suddenly certain that, if it had been confirmed it wouldn't get a second season, they would go through with killing henry.

I just hope we get a second season. :smith:

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
This has easily been the fifth best thing on television this past season and I desperately hope it gets renewed.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Love the show and the season finale.

Really hoping they get a second season mainly to see the antics that could happen between Jo and Henry, if she really finds out he can't die.

Edit: Also really like Judd Hirsch (found out about the show cause of him. Loved him in Numb3rs) so I want it to keep going for him.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

WarLocke posted:

One particular scene that struck me really hard was a few episodes back when Adam called to taunt Henry, then at the end of the call you see he's standing out on some naked girders above a road, just nonchalantly walking around on them. I got the vibe at the end of that scene that Adam is so jaded he'd just walk off those girders to get home because it would be faster.

He has killed himself multiple times just to prove a point, or because it was easier than waiting to heal, so I wouldn't be surprised if he owned some waterfront property.

Sucks that you lose all your clothes/beongings each time it happens. I can kind of see why Henry doesn't care for phones, he'd need a new one every other week.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Why are you all spoilering everything? The finale episode aired.

Onean posted:

Umm, isn't that the point at the end when she shows up with his watch and the old photo Adam had? With Abe telling him to tell her and Henry saying is a long story? That's what I took away from it, anyway.

Edit: Unless you're talking about earlier in the season. There was a number of times I wished he had done so, but I think it worked well how they did it this way.

Yeah, but we didn't actually see it happen, that's what I assume is left for next season, whether it picks up right there where it left off, or we see the coming clean through flashbacks or whatever. That's the big moment everyone has been waiting for all season, so they implied it happens, just in case there's no second season. If there is a second season, we'll get to see that conversation, presumably.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Narmi posted:

Sucks that you lose all your clothes/beongings each time it happens. I can kind of see why Henry doesn't care for phones, he'd need a new one every other week.

Except his watch which seems to get left behind an awful lot. I'd vaguely expect that to be a future plot point.

Also, are we running with the assumption that the "weapon that killed you first can kill you last" theory has been disproven, or do we think that Henry/Abe hid a fake gun for Adam to use? Henry seemed legit scared of the gun, so I'm going with the former.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

Azhais posted:

Also, are we running with the assumption that the "weapon that killed you first can kill you last" theory has been disproven, or do we think that Henry/Abe hid a fake gun for Adam to use? Henry seemed legit scared of the gun, so I'm going with the former.

There's also a fake-out opportunity there - with Adam's pujio(?) obviously the knife is the knife, but with a musket is is the gun that's the weapon that killed you, or is it the ball? :tinfoil:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

WarLocke posted:

There's also a fake-out opportunity there - with Adam's pujio(?) obviously the knife is the knife, but with a musket is is the gun that's the weapon that killed you, or is it the ball? :tinfoil:

But in Henry's case didn't he get shot and thrown overboard? Shouldn't he of died by drowning?

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Digital Jedi posted:

But in Henry's case didn't he get shot and thrown overboard? Shouldn't he of died by drowning?

The Atlantic. His only weakness.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
I can only assume Henry made his way back to England by dying and resurrecting his way back across the Atlantic. Yikes.

Narmi
Feb 26, 2008

Azhais posted:

Except his watch which seems to get left behind an awful lot. I'd vaguely expect that to be a future plot point.

The watch definitely needs to be explained at some point, and hopefully will be. Maybe stuff that has sentimental value that was on him when you first died gets left behind? Or the fact that it was with him but not on his person?

Sober posted:

I can only assume Henry made his way back to England by dying and resurrecting his way back across the Atlantic. Yikes.

Hopefully it's more like he gets resurrected a certain distance from land.

Though if that's true he should avoid islands in the middle of nowhere.

Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2015/05/07/forever-cancelled-by-abc-after-one-season/400839/

:(

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL
gently caress.

:(

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
Awwwww, that sucks. :( At least we got a good ending.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Well that sucks.

Maybe it will surface in the waters of Hulu or Yahoo?

• Locked thread