Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Did the Mighty Switch Force home theme actually come out? Haven't seen it anywhere in the theme shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lagomorphic
Apr 21, 2008

AKA: Orthonormal

deadly_pudding posted:

I buy a Dynasty Warriors(or licensed Warriors) game approximately once every 3-5 years, and proceed to have a grand old time with it. There's no way you could convince me to buy every Warriors game, but they definitely scratch a particular itch when the mood strikes me.

Yeah I got hours of fun out Hyrule Warriors but it was basically my 2nd DW game. I imagine being forced to review every entry in that series would get really old really fast.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Every Warriors game has something different about it, even between singular franchises, so seeing the same thing over and over and reviewing poorly for it out of burnout should exist in every franchise with multiple yet similar entries.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

I buy and enjoy pretty much every DW style game and haven't burnt out on it yet.

less laughter
May 7, 2012

Accelerock & Roll

Sakurazuka posted:

I buy and enjoy pretty much every DW style game and haven't burnt out on it yet.

Conversely, I got burned out on Hyrule Warriors after just a few minutes of play.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Takoluka posted:

Every Warriors game has something different about it, even between singular franchises, so seeing the same thing over and over and reviewing poorly for it out of burnout should exist in every franchise with multiple yet similar entries.

And yet somehow Call of Duty seems to pull in pretty good review numbers despite that. Madden usually gets poo poo on, but I figure that's just a side effect of the "SPORTS DUMB" mentality that a lot of gamers seem to have.

Sakurazuka posted:

The same is true for me, though I do occasionally burn out on a specific title in the series. I've burnt out on Hyrule Warriors for example, I might go back to it in the future but at the moment I actually sort of feel like Warriors Orochi 3 is the more enjoyable game solely because of the lack of a lovely ranking system to unlock new things.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Hyrule Warriors was my first Warriors but I also have an unplayed Ken's Rage lying around. Still got like half of the first Adventure Mode map left in HW. And then the other three.

...it'll happen some day, I promise

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Eh, Ken's Rage isn't great but it's playable enough. If you have Ken's Rage 2 though toss it in the trash.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Minidust posted:

Did the Mighty Switch Force home theme actually come out? Haven't seen it anywhere in the theme shop.

Nope, WF said it got postponed at the last second.

Treebeh
Sep 20, 2010

we never say anything unless it is worth taking a long time to say.
I only play the spinoff warrior games like Gundam, Fist of the North Star, or Zelda.

Also samurai warrior because it's silly.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

Sakurazuka posted:

Eh, Ken's Rage isn't great but it's playable enough. If you have Ken's Rage 2 though toss it in the trash.

If i only play one, should it be the first? What's so terrible/different about 2?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Machine posted:

If i only play one, should it be the first? What's so terrible/different about 2?
1 is a mediocre Dynasty Warriors game, 2 they tried to make it less specifically DW and more generic brawler and they hosed it up bad. Should have stuck with what they knew.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The Machine posted:

2 story mode is like playing some sort of virtual manga only every half an hour of reading stuff they let you punch dudes for a minute or two. The alternative mode is better but is still just plain dull.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Treebeh posted:

I only play the spinoff warrior games like Gundam, Fist of the North Star, or Zelda.

Also samurai warrior because it's silly.
Have you tried the Orochi series? It has most everyone from DW and SW and the story is batshit crazy and very silly.

I just hope we actually get another Nintendo spin off. It'd probably just be Fire Emblem Warriors but Mushroom Kingdom Warriors or Smash Warriors would be the best. Warriors.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Lodin posted:

Have you tried the Orochi series? It has most everyone from DW and SW and the story is batshit crazy and very silly.

I just hope we actually get another Nintendo spin off. It'd probably just be Fire Emblem Warriors but Mushroom Kingdom Warriors or Smash Warriors would be the best. Warriors.

Megaman Warriors.

... I can hope.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

Mr Phillby posted:

Just fyi, The early May bank holiday is tied to May Day, an ancient spring festival with pagan origins. It's widely celebrated with a bunch of cool traditional stuff like May Poles and Morris dances.

St. George on the other hand was some Turkish dude who's arbitrarily become our patron saint.

I remember May Day, though only vaguely as I have been living outside of England for a very long time. As... dubious as St. George is as a patron saint and as much as I tend to disdain patriotism, it just kind of irks me that Wales, Scotland and Ireland all have a proper piss-up on their national days, but in England you just get up, have some tea and toast and bugger off to work.

Anyway, derail over - sorry all.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

wall monitor posted:

Megaman Warriors.

... I can hope.

There will never be anything with Megaman in it ever again.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.
SmileBasic has been delayed. It's nice to see them explain why instead of remain silent, and it's also good that they're localizing it themselves this time (so the European version won't come out A FULL loving YEAR after the American one, thank you Gamebridge you maggoty cunts), but the Engrish in their post reminds me of when people were concerned about the localization of the new version of La Mulana, thinking that the same people posting about it were localizing the games text and therefore threatened to make it literally unplayable. Hopefully SmileBoom has hired actual translators for the game.

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 10:42 on May 6, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Sakurazuka posted:

Not until Nintendo buys him.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Sakurazuka posted:

smashbros costume dlc:v:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Sakurazuka posted:

Nah there will be, it's an IP and we're in a video game era of "everything old is new again", just don't expect it to be anything good when it does get revived

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Motto posted:

smashbros costume dlc:v:

And MonHun!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

Actually...

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Mega Man X is in Project X Zone 2, confirmed for American release!!

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

Quest For Glory II posted:

Nah there will be, it's an IP and we're in a video game era of "everything old is new again", just don't expect it to be anything good when it does get revived

Can't wait for the inevitable gritty reboot that will be Mega Man: Act Zero.

The Machine
Dec 15, 2004
Rage Against / Welcome to

ImpAtom posted:

Preordered for the bonus CD and "art book."

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

ImpAtom posted:

I'm down, especially because out of like 20 confirmed characters something like five of them are ninjas already. Ninja partyyyyyy

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
don't buy project x zone 2

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Hey it might be good this time :shepicide:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

All Frogs posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olYCsHuqjOo

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

All Frogs posted:

EDIT: Beaten

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

...is this a real thing?

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
It's a real proof-of-concept that was cancelled, yes. It was being made by Armature Studios, the ex-Retro studio that did the boring Batman metroidvania, and X's new design was by Adi Granov.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

mega man always has been and always will be bad, just like sonic. accept the truth

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

epitasis posted:

mega man always has been and always will be bad, just like sonic. accept the truth

no

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

epitasis posted:

mega man was good when it was just dr. wily doing bad poo poo and dr. light sending mega man to stop him; sonic was good when it was just robotnik doing bad poo poo and getting stopped by sonic and tails.

The lesson we can learn here is that any franchise is ruined by adding tons of characters to it and trying to make it serious and grimdark.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

The only time when mega man was consistently bad was the X series after 4.

All Frogs
Sep 18, 2014

That Maverick Hunter thing looked really generic, but it also looked like one of those videos you'd see show up around April Fool's Day so I wasn't sure.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Motto posted:

The only time when mega man was consistently bad was the X series after 4.

What the gently caress

X5 owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

At this point it's clear Mega Man is just going to stay there with Darkstalkers and most old CAPCOM franchises as crossover/costumes DLC fuel.