Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
my advice to be good at mafia is : follow your heart

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

No one is good at mafia. Hth

quoted for truth

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Hi everyone!

##vote Gilok

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Wait, that's the first vote cast today. What the gently caress?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

EXAKT Science posted:

Wait, that's the first vote cast today. What the gently caress?

We're in this weird place where it's basically day 1 but there's no jokephase.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

BottleKnight posted:

We're in this weird place where it's basically day 1 but there's no jokephase.

Yeah so why not vote?

Also the two claimed dousings are weird, and I only saw Allen claim to be busdriven. Who else got busdriven?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

EXAKT Science posted:

Also the two claimed dousings are weird, and I only saw Allen claim to be busdriven. Who else got busdriven?

Are you implying these two things are related or am I just reading it badly? Also I cant figure out how anyone could know they were bus driven unless Met specifically made a point of mentioning "You were swapped with another character" in PMs. I made a completely different assumption about that statement.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

EXAKT Science posted:

Hi everyone!

##vote Gilok

Wow, rude.

EXAKT Science posted:

Yeah so why not vote?

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Are you implying these two things are related or am I just reading it badly? Also I cant figure out how anyone could know they were bus driven unless Met specifically made a point of mentioning "You were swapped with another character" in PMs. I made a completely different assumption about that statement.

I think what he's saying is that if one person get swapped for another, they should both get bus driving messages, but I don't know if that's true or not.

On the other hand, maybe our bus driver swaps one person for two. That would explain the double dousing without there being two arsonists, which is scary :ohdear:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

In light of all this discussion.

Allen Wren posted:

Good morning to all vultures.

If we're going to talk about our experiences, I was on a bus last night.

I don't think this is my house.

I want to know more about this post. Are you breadcrumbing something with the last sentence? Do you have any info other than you were bus driven?

And if the bus driver isn't coming forward, there is either no info or it's a scumdriver. It has to be that way- after all this gasoline, either someone knows something and is suppressing it (not town) or nothing happened.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I'm going to bed soon for I am a ridiculous creature, but I'm sure I'll be here for Too Much Posting again tonight.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gilok posted:

On the other hand, maybe our bus driver swaps one person for two. That would explain the double dousing without there being two arsonists, which is scary :ohdear:

Out of all the reasons for two people getting doused, this is the only remotely plausible one to me but it still seems like a weird insane role

Also it seems hugely overpowered as a scum role if it is literally "bus drive two people for one" so I'm very skeptical

Obviously the other answer is Cpig or Uranus are full of poo poo but I don't think we can really go out on a limb calling people out based on setup speculation yet

Also Gilok if you are still around I have a question about a thing you posted earlier.

It's not like a huge gotcha or anything but I'd rather know you were here first before I ask it so it doesn't get lost in a couple of pages

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I'm here for the moment. what's up?

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Gilok posted:

Nobody was paying any attention to you or asking you about your rocket launcher. So you posted "hey guys I lied about something and I want to call your attention to it! I sure am glad there are no mafia catch phrases about behavior towards liars! I'm doing something stupid but I'm totally not a jester and it's totally safe to lynch me!"

Just curious which parts of Pigs posting implies the bolded part to you

Not trying to do an epic gotcha, just wondering if I missed something about his posting

I mean why would he even bother telling us about the hat if he was a Jester, just keep talking about your rocket launcher or whatever. I dunno I'm still in the "try to figure out what the gently caress is going on phase" so I just wanted to know what in particular Pig posted on D2 that made you think he was trying to get lynched, or if you're solely referring to D1 content with this post

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It was just weird to me to specifically lie, admit to lying without prompting, and then mention the jester hat. In retrospect I don't know why he would mention the hat if he were the jester, but the whole thing is weird and I don't like it.

Like why claim anything at all? It's day one, we're all looking for something to vote about. Claiming, "my item isn't a scum item, it's a totally other kind of scum item!" seems designed to draw attention and make people suspicious.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

well you are an idiot, so there's that.

Epic.

Epic Mafia.

##vote BottleKnight

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Gilok posted:

OK, I'll do my best.

Nobody was paying any attention to you or asking you about your rocket launcher. So you posted "hey guys I lied about something and I want to call your attention to it! I sure am glad there are no mafia catch phrases about behavior towards liars! I'm doing something stupid but I'm totally not a jester and it's totally safe to lynch me!"

So I guess either your a jester, you're a dumb townie, or you're genius scum.

I'm not actually sure I have a point. I guess I'm not voting for you right now?

What a worthless post.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

"Only dumb townies, jesters, or the mafia would want to clear the air about something before they get called out on it. There's totally no incentive for an intelligent player to do that."

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Gilok's investigative notes on CPig:
- Might be town, mafia, or jester

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I don't think anything about pigs play is particularly suspicious so far. I mean yeah he lied, but his story makes a lot of sense if we look at his posting so far. I can't be hosed posting them all in succession since I'm not actually casing Pig, but reading through his posts in isolation I don't see anything weird about anything he's posted except he's claimed to be one of two people doused in gasoline.

Anyway I'm going to bed soon and most of the activity in these games happens while i'm asleep cause of time zones, but I'd like to know why everyone thinks Allen was bus driven, rather than his post being a roleclaim. The idea of driver targets getting a message saying they were driven seems weird to me although admittedly the only game i've ever played with that role I was the bus driver so I wouldn't really know from experience but until he actually comes out and says "yes I was bus driven" last night I think we should assume its a roleclaim. Town driver seems like a pretty important thing to get out in the open to me. Its a weird role for town but if it exists its 100% better to have that be common knowledge imo.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

CPig's behavior is a null tell for CPig. This should clear the air permanently, thanks.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Peta posted:

"Only dumb townies, jesters, or the mafia would want to clear the air about something before they get called out on it. There's totally no incentive for an intelligent player to do that."

The timing is weird, and the hat thing is weird. I honestly don't know what to think. I'm going to shut up about it after this post but people keep bringing it up so I'll lay out my thoughts in full.

I think rocket launcher is an odd fake claim. If you want people to think you're scum, why not a knife or a ski mask or something more sinister? When I think rocket launcher I think Doom marines and the soldier from TF2. In fact, he brought up TF2 before he said he had a rocket launcher.

I'm almost definitely thinking too hard and he's just stupid, but lets play this out. Presented without drawing a conclusion about his role.

Scenario One: His item is a funny hat, so he thinks he's a Jester and wants to get lynched ASAP. So the thing that will get him lynched, in his opinion, is a rocket launcher. He claims that, then finds out he's town, and not a jester. So he jumps in to a discussion about something else and announces that he was lying before and he actually has a funny hat, because it is important to be forthright and honest now regardless of how weird and suspicious the entire thing seems. Then he insults everyone.

Scenario Two: His item is a rocket launcher, he makes a TF2 joke day one about it, no big deal. Then he gets his role and finds out he's scum. He starts getting paranoid about the rocket launcher being a weapon and worries that it's scummy, so he blurts out in the thread "no I didn't have a rocket launcher JK!" but realizes that THAT's scummy so he covers it with "I have a jesterfunny hat!" Then he insults everyone.

Scenario Three: His item is a funny hat, so he thinks he's a Jester and wants to get lynched ASAP. So the thing that will get him lynched, in his opinion, is a rocket launcher. He claims that, then finds out he is a jester, so he draws a bunch of attention to himself by claiming his funny hat instead of the rocket launcher, then he insults everyone.

In summary,

Peta posted:

Gilok's investigative notes on CPig:
- Might be town, mafia, or jester

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Shut up.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Yo peta do you think gilok is scum or clueless town? I'm leaning towards clueless town but I want your opinion

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I don't know. We're like two pages into the first real day of the game. Nothing he's done looks necessarily scummy.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I can assure you I am clueless regardless of my alignment.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

That's weird. I'm not.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Hey, genius, i wonder if maybe i made the tf2 remark as a kneejerk reaction to having my item be a hat and then thought hey maybe its not such a good idea to say i have a funny hat in case im a jester so had to think of something scummy to fit the tf2 theme.

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Hey pig!

Are you a scum?

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Also , i didn't insult everyone.
Just the people who were being idiots.
And tbh, if me saying idiot in a game of mafia on these forums is an insult to you , maybe you have chosen the wrong game on the wrong forums.

I realize you are new and really eager to jump on things you might see as scummy but you are barking up the wrong tree here.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

MC Eating Disorder posted:

Hey pig!

Are you a scum?

Nope

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Ok it's just you called gilok a genius so now that's TWO lies you've been caught out in so far

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I'm going to bed but have fun everyone I'll try to grow the balls to actually put a vote down tomorrow

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Pig you're talking about gilok and not me, right? I just want to make clear that I did not take your idiot comment personally.

Peta posted:

##vote BottleKnight

I'm not going to respond to this until you say anything of value, I just don't want you to think I am ignoring it.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

I'm not going to respond to this until you say anything of value, I just don't want you to think I am ignoring it.

lmao

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

Peta posted:

CPig's behavior is a null tell for CPig. This should clear the air permanently, thanks.

This post seems kinda scummy - the people who know a lot of other's alignments are generally scum - plus this discussion is about the only content we've got.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

You're an idiot.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Me: We can't know CPig's alignment from what he just did.
You: Peta's knows CPig's alignment.

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
i dont know if i can play this game anymore ohmyg

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
WAIT, did we somehow get transported into a 2+2 game? Are we being trolled?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
okay im going to do it why the hell not

• Locked thread