Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Yup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

And how did you come to this conclusion?

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer

YeahTubaMike posted:

Similarly, I thought "ftfy" was "gently caress this, gently caress you."

What does it mean I have always read it as gently caress this gently caress you

Edit: I guess I could have read the rest of the page before posting

om nom nom has a new favorite as of 05:09 on Apr 22, 2015

raven4267
May 7, 2009

syscall girl posted:

I knew someone who thought "ftw" meant "gently caress the world"

On bikers a FTW patch means forever two wheels or gently caress the world.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd say 85% of ordinary men have dry balls. Spit on them, slap some lotion on them, olive oil, Pam, whatever--moisturize your balls, gentlemen.
I must be fortunate, then. I de-moisturize mine, just like Shaq.

take me you ANIMAL
Nov 28, 2002

Congrats big boy

skander posted:

I must be fortunate, then. I de-moisturize mine, just like Shaq.

Is that what he is referring to when he says "A little shake, a little tingle" in those commercials?

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

BumikiIsFreaky posted:

Is that what he is referring to when he says "A little shake, a little tingle" in those commercials?
It tingles a bit when you put it on, from menthol. Somebody here on the forums saw him use far more than just a little one day at the gym.

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd say 85% of ordinary men have dry balls. Spit on them, slap some lotion on them, olive oil, Pam, whatever--moisturize your balls, gentlemen. I knew a farmer whose fingertips split open from a combination of wear-and-tear and chronic dryness; ball sacks are capable of doing the same thing, given sufficient desiccation. You might be taking a seat or trying to ollie off of a roof, and then bam, your nutsack splits in twain like a rotten banana skin and a bunch of mush and something that looks like Krang (from TMNT) comes slithering out.

Take heed to this cautionary tale, folx, mine shattered into thousands of pieces and just floated away like dust in the wind... I'm taking freeballin' to a whole new level, friends :c00l:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
my balls are perfectly moist

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

FTW was definitely "gently caress the world" in mid 90's aol chat rooms.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Okay so if FTW came from angry bikers and biker gangs originated in San Diego as vets returned from WWII to the naval base there with bad attitudes and a lot of combat meth, where would they have learned the art of making every little thing into abbreviations from?

It's the U.S. military ladies and gents. They are the ones who say FTW

Both meanings now.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
Bernie Sanders is white.

I finally saw a picture of him on the Rachel Maddow blog. My only experience of him ( :canada: ) beforehand was quotes in D&D, so I thought he was black because he actually gives a poo poo about racial inequality, and the Right considers him an inciter of "race violence".

Mister Facetious has a new favorite as of 18:22 on May 8, 2015

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
Malcolm In The Middle didn't make up race walking as a joke. It really is a thing.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cw-s0em1hI

The dude who got eaten by raptors in Jurassic Park III, Mr Noodle from Elmo's World and Del from The Green Mile are all played by the same guy. I was surprised to learn that he was a hell of a dancer too.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euCvQ4ikZZQ&t=2m45s

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!
David Spade and Dave Foley are two completely different people.

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.
The name Menzies is pronounced Mingus but spelled the way it is because at some point somebody made a mistake in reading the letterforms - z and g look pretty similar in some scripts, like cursive

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
It's been bugging me for a while where I've also heard the laugh around the start of Situation by Yaz.
Now I figured it out, it's in the Macarena and Theme From S Express.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiBYM6g8Tck
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lkqidtHktME&t=4m5s

The actress who played Hatsumomo in Memoirs Of A Geisha was 40 at the time of filming. I thought she was like 22.

The lady who sang Heaven Is A Place On Earth (which I've just realized sounds like You Give Love A Bad Name) was also the lead singer of the Go-Gos.

how me a frog
Feb 6, 2014

Cream-of-Plenty posted:

I'd say 85% of ordinary men have dry balls. Spit on them, slap some lotion on them, olive oil, Pam, whatever--moisturize your balls, gentlemen. I knew a farmer whose fingertips split open from a combination of wear-and-tear and chronic dryness; ball sacks are capable of doing the same thing, given sufficient desiccation. You might be taking a seat or trying to ollie off of a roof, and then bam, your nutsack splits in twain like a rotten banana skin and a bunch of mush and something that looks like Krang (from TMNT) comes slithering out.

Now that is just absolute arse gravy of the highest order.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

how me a frog posted:

Now that is just absolute arse gravy of the highest order.

Yeah I'm kinda done with this thread, if some guy thinks "ball skin flaking off" is a problem all dudes are susceptible to.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Drunk Nerds posted:

Yeah I'm kinda done with this thread, if some guy thinks "ball skin flaking off" is a problem all dudes are susceptible to.

Do you not know Cream of Plenty's gimmick?

50s girl groupon
Jul 17, 2010

I woke up like this

Mister Macys posted:

smdh stands for "shaking my drat head", and not, as I'd previously thought, " suck my dick, haters ".

I've almost never seen the abbreviation outside of yospos, so it took me a while to bother looking it up because my version almost always fits.

Someone told me it meant "so much hate" or "so much drat hate". :argh:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Have you people seriously never heard of Urban Dictionary? Just look that poo poo up. :psyduck:

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

KillHour posted:

Have you people seriously never heard of Urban Dictionary? Just look that poo poo up. :psyduck:

In a sub-forum full of trolls, "suck my dick, haters" rarely fails to fit the context. v:ironicat:v

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Mister Macys posted:

In a sub-forum full of trolls, "suck my dick, haters" rarely fails to fit the context. v:ironicat:v

That was more aimed at the people that said "I have no idea what this stands for" than the people who said "I assumed it stood for this."

Haruharuharuko
Mar 24, 2008

Yeah I lied; so what is the truth?

Mister Macys posted:

FTFY

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

I just figured out people obsess over their genetalia way too drat much.

Also, the little hook on the reverse of a manual can opener is a bottle opener. I just thought it was a funny shape.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I finally know what this guy's story is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zofopIcuX3c

Celery Face
Feb 18, 2012
I heard Cyclone constantly back in 2007 and I just learned that Baby Bash looks nothing like how I imagined him. I expected a black guy, not a babyfaced (explains the rap name though) hispanic dude with a pencil stache.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-1575pG-kc

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
The recording software/fps tool FRAPS stands for FRAmes Per Second.

AnxietyMan1488
Apr 6, 2015

by Cowcaster
Being a larger man in a humid climate, I occasionally suffer from swamp rear end. I thought that everyone just dealt with it and took a shower when they got home, but apparently I was wrong. Was complaining about this to my friends the other day and they called me a retard for not taping silica packets to my underwear. They absorb all the moisture... can't believe I never thought of this before.

poly and open-minded
Nov 22, 2006

In BOD we trust

I use gold bond medicated powder instead

.jpg
Jan 18, 2011

Oh my god, I was doing regular computer internet stuff and just happened to record the best ever Thing I Can't Believe I Just Figured Out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o68ZFF5W3PM

garfield hentai
Feb 29, 2004

Mister Macys posted:

I blame being a really big fan of the movie "Fear of a Black Hat", where in one scene, the leader of the group uses the abbreviations FYM, and ASMD; "gently caress ya'll ma'fuckas", "and suck my dick", respectively.

I learned about ASMD from Unreal Tournament after looking up what the ASMD shock rifle stood for, and when I looked it up to double check just now I learned it's actually a reference to this movie. Gosh!

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

garfield hentai posted:

I learned about ASMD from Unreal Tournament after looking up what the ASMD shock rifle stood for, and when I looked it up to double check just now I learned it's actually a reference to this movie. Gosh!

I don't think bikers play UT99

BuddyChrist
Apr 29, 2008

syscall girl posted:

Okay so if FTW came from angry bikers and biker gangs originated in San Diego as vets returned from WWII to the naval base there with bad attitudes and a lot of combat meth, where would they have learned the art of making every little thing into abbreviations from?

It's the U.S. military ladies and gents. They are the ones who say FTW

Both meanings now.

Probably true, the military loves to create new acronyms.

When a ship is decommissioned I love to play the game of how many times can you find FTN (gently caress the Navy) scrawled on the ship. Bonus points for hard to find places. I've seen long vitriol dripping letters written in Sharpie on the back of a panel that had to be unbolted to get at it.

Basically the same ingenuity you see in prisoners for making shivs and stuff you also see in sailors, in fact if I think about it they eat the same way too.

For my own revelation, my sister used to have a round rock with a little sticker on it that said "TUIT" she gave it to me and said it was "a round tuit", it wasn't until years after she moved out that the stupid thing is a pun on "around to it". Right up there with pet rocks for stupid gimmick things but I was so young when she gave it to me and I just put it away and didn't think about it, it just didn't click until years later.

FeastForCows
Oct 18, 2011
To stay on topic with the moist ball discussion, I just found out that KY Jelly is not a dessert. Kinda funny to think about how often I heard the name over the years and it always seemed to fit with the context.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Jaime Lee Curtis did not play the mom from Malcolm in the Middle.

For 15 years I was mistaken.

15 years.

LITERALLY A BIRD has a new favorite as of 05:21 on Jul 15, 2015

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

BuddyChrist posted:

For my own revelation, my sister used to have a round rock with a little sticker on it that said "TUIT" she gave it to me and said it was "a round tuit", it wasn't until years after she moved out that the stupid thing is a pun on "around to it". Right up there with pet rocks for stupid gimmick things but I was so young when she gave it to me and I just put it away and didn't think about it, it just didn't click until years later.

When I was a kid, my much older cousin told my younger brother and younger cousin (they were the only family members really into video games) that they could always just google "(whatever game) faq" to find cheat codes and so on. The kicker was that he told them "FAQ" was pronounced "fahkyoo."

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

QuelleFuck posted:

When I was a kid, my much older cousin told my younger brother and younger cousin (they were the only family members really into video games) that they could always just google "(whatever game) faq" to find cheat codes and so on. The kicker was that he told them "FAQ" was pronounced "fahkyoo."

You had Google when you were a kid? gently caress, I'm old.

GopherFlats
Mar 16, 2011
I got to thinking about the word briefcase after watching a movie today. Briefcase... Why? Well yeah it's a case..... Wait, isn't a brief a short statement or note? Goddamn I'm dumb.

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=briefcase

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

KillHour posted:

You had Google when you were a kid? gently caress, I'm old.

Google is the retroactive verb I'm throwing on it, cousin probably told them to "internet search with DogPile" or whatever we kids were using then.