Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

MC Eating Disorder (2): CapitalistPig, Epsilon Plus
uranus (2): Gilok, EXAKT Science
Peta (1): BottleKnight
BottleKnight (1): Peta
Allen Wren (1): uranus
Kleedrac (1): MC Eating Disorder

Not Voting (7): Allen Wren, AnonymousNarcotics, fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Kleedrac, Mithross, WHICH WAY MADNESS

With 15 alive, it's 8 votes to lynch. The current deadline is May 07th, 2015 at 4 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 23 hours, 5 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I want a serious set of reads off of Kleen before I pull my vote off him though because he's not really contributing in any meaningful way and I want to be able to get a better read on him since I've played with pig and epsilon before and at least have a vague idea of their styles

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

MC Eating Disorder posted:

I want a serious set of reads off of Kleen before I pull my vote off him though because he's not really contributing in any meaningful way and I want to be able to get a better read on him since I've played with pig and epsilon before and at least have a vague idea of their styles

Yeah I'm with you. He was just here, and then I asked for scumreads and he just vanished.
##vote Kleedrac

I don't like EP either tbh

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Kleedrac come back and give some reads while I'm at work please

I'll be posting again in 10 hours or so but I'm a garbage employee so I'll probably be reading the thread on my phone when I'm bored so don't be afraid I'm gonna miss it or something

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

EXAKT Science posted:

I don't like EP either tbh

Yeah neither do I, gently caress that guy!

##unvote

uranus's posting has been completely useless and it makes me feel poorly about him

drowned in pussy juice
Oct 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
yo EP please explain why you thought it was worth voting me to test Anus's claim when you already admitted it was useless and asinine

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.
Ok, I have returned from the dead. I hereby declare this a holy day, during which we will stuff our children with caffeine and sugar and worship a giant pink rabbit. (Please tell me someone else has read transmetropolitan).

Ok, actual post time.

I think it's interesting MCED mostly ignored Uranus calling him scum. I guess you just assumed other people would see through him being crazy?

I buy Kleedrac's defense so far, but like you guys, would like to see some him talk about people besides uranus. We all see he's trolling.

More to follow shortly, just wanted to post some quick surface reads after being absent so long

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
I'm going to sum up everything I find suspicious about Peta.

Peta posted:

Policy lynch or NL today, there's really no excuse for anything else unless new information pops up.

First, he led the nolynch, which even in this weird game is a scum move. It's pretty much always better to lynch if you're town. So if you have an item that makes you think you're not town, you probably want to see what your role is pretty bad.

This next post is the one I find really scummy:

Peta posted:

OMG please NL I want to see my role

Someone said they had a joke item, but Peta talks like someone who wants to see what team he's on so he can not work against himself, which wouldn't matter if he Thought He Was Town.

Peta posted:

Arson is my dream crime

This is a stupid post. He makes like 4 posts in a row here that seem like breadcrumbing, because now Peta is like single-post making GBS threads all over people, but back then he was very chatty and weird and not making jokes. Very scum.

Peta posted:

Epic.

Epic Mafia.

##vote BottleKnight

Then he votes me without explaining, and later says it's a town move to troll for reactions, but his post quotes cpig and makes it seem like there's a reason he's voting me. I'd like to hear it.

Then he, with very short posts, first quotes uranus's daycop lie with "Fail," as if he knows uranus is lying, and then very quickly comes up with the "oh you couldn't possibly believe you went 3/3, you could be an INSANE COP!!!!" which seems like an afterthought way to imply he doesn't have the information he does. Also he implies that uranus is an insane cop when he would more than likely be a paranoid cop.

Actually, let's talk about that.

Peta posted:

There's more than one investigative role and you just got three guilty reports. Could it be that you are ... an insane cop???? :wth:

Why would you assume insane cop instead of paranoid cop on 3 scum results? What's more likely, that peta thought anus was a lovely cop who thinks all is scum or that he somehow hit three town?

This is basically a soft admission that he thinks it's likely that three different people are town, which is easy to hedge behind "oh derp was lying" but it's a scumslip.

The only interesting reactions to uranus's lie is Peta's. He should've stuck with an "I know uranus is lying" stance instead of going for the poo poo he went for.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Intelligent and bright, they explored a world that was new and strange to them. They liked it, they thought - a whole world just for them! They were dimly aware that a God had created them, was watching them; they called out to him, thanking him in a chittering language, before running off.

Mithross posted:

I buy Kleedrac's defense so far, but like you guys, would like to see some him talk about people besides uranus. We all see uranus is trolling.

Clarification

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

MC Eating Disorder posted:

yo EP please explain why you thought it was worth voting me to test Anus's claim when you already admitted it was useless and asinine

The was a slim possibility he was telling the truth about his first scum claim and made up the other two for bullshit. Now that he admitted it's all false, it's completely pointless to think about and is revealed to be a lovely diversion rather than at all helpful.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

A lot of people have never seen uranus play previously, this is his standard milieu.

Unhelpful.

I've only read once through at the moment, so I don't have a viable target at this point, I'd probably just pick someone who was annoying me and vote them, but this is because I am lazy as gently caress.

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

On BKs wall that I'm not going to quote because I'm on my phone.

The d1 stuff I'm not sure I buy, there was a pretty strong consensus for a NL, smart or not.

All the middle section has some merit, and is worth a closer look.

As for your last point, I'm honestly not sure if paranoid cop is the right first assumption over insane, and would like someone else to chime in on it. Anyone?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Mithross posted:

The d1 stuff I'm not sure I buy, there was a pretty strong consensus for a NL, smart or not.

I voted nolynch too, I'm not saying it was the worst move for a room of people who didn't know what the gently caress they were. I'm just saying that the only reason I voted that way really is because there was no content, and the reason there was no content is because of Peta.

Kleedrac
Jan 16, 2008

Mii, myself & I

EXAKT Science posted:

First tell me who you think is a scum, friend :)

Well CPig's been on my radar - lying about rocket launcher (or lying about not having it) is not a town play - his excuse of thinking he was jester and attempting a day 1 lynch is a bad one as it's easier to get lynched after people know their role and alignment.

I've never played with Bottle and he feels very helpful to me - though could be a cover obviously.

Uranus feels townie in a very weird, meta, sense - like it's a big splashy play and a huge magnet with so much room for error I can't see a scum just throwing away their game on it. Of course as always it could be a big splashy play to make people like me think he's town.

I am slightly concerned by one person claiming to have been bussed without a second.

I don't like Gilok - given a big splashy play like Uranus he wants to lynch Uranus - that seems like the wrong play to me - listen to him first - or ignore him - but lynching him.

This is also my first game with Peta and I find him abrasive and not in a "I'm digging for truth" kinda way.

Not enough content on Anon or Epsilon or Hiipfire to really make a value judgement. Peeps need to play harder :P

As for you - you make big, bold assertions with confidence but that seems more your playstyle than anything. I'm not sure why you agree with MCED's opinion of me so readily but I've been there where you agree with someone's opinion and instead of echoing poo poo you just quote and go.

Which brings me to MCED - as a meta argument his claim of having a dress sure seems like something I'd say if I wanted to seem non-threatening. At one point he was fishing for item information. He spends a large amount of his time hypothesizing about the setup and items and roles. His posts seem edited or abbreviated somehow - now I've not played with MCED before so this could be his posting style - but he sure seems to be watching his words carefully. Honestly - it really really feels like something's off about him.

So currently my vote is going back where it was;
##Vote MCED

Though I'd consider CPig for his dishonesty (Lynch all liars), Gilok for his odd ideas, or Peta to get rid of his abrasive rear end.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

I last played a long time ago but I think claiming, even fake, was kind of a big deal then. If that's just what people like uranus do now I guess it doesn't mean anything at all. I'm still not sold on his being town but I'm not sold on his being scum either. ##unvote

I'm gonna read through the thread again and see if anything jumps out at me. I kind of want to vote Peta for being obnoxious or uranus for making scumhunting more difficult but I don't have enough votes to cover everyone who annoys me at any given time.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Mithross posted:

At this point we're basically confirming that we got breadcrumbs in a PM, that are probably going to be 50% teases.

Like, set of bus keys = surprise, you're an investigator too poor to own a car, so you take mass transit

This is kind of interesting in light of things. Do you have bus keys, Mithross?

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

I think I believe cpig's hat story

Mithross
Apr 27, 2011

Gilok posted:

This is kind of interesting in light of things. Do you have bus keys, Mithross?

I dont, actually, I purposefully talked about something I didn't have, and happened to pick that.

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

Ok I finished my re-read.

Allen needs to post like, way more. Really everyone needs to post more but especially him, I got no read at all.

I'm getting a bad feeling from BottleKnight and Kleedrac. But the person who I'm most suspicious of right now is Hiipfire. Seriously, look at this poo poo. Nothing but white noise, mostly on day 1. He hasn't posted anything worthwhile today at all.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.
You love your family. YOU. LOVE. THEM.
Welcome to Red Lobster. Come see what's fresh. Today.

Kleedrac posted:

This post seems kinda scummy - the people who know a lot of other's alignments are generally scum - plus this discussion is about the only content we've got.

In the process of catching up (apparently I was gently prodded to post more?) but this is the most vote worthy point so far.

##vote Peta

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Gilok posted:

Ok I finished my re-read.

Allen needs to post like, way more. Really everyone needs to post more but especially him, I got no read at all.

I'm getting a bad feeling from BottleKnight and Kleedrac. But the person who I'm most suspicious of right now is Hiipfire. Seriously, look at this poo poo. Nothing but white noise, mostly on day 1. He hasn't posted anything worthwhile today at all.

Hiipfire is bad but when presented with a case (my case of Peta) you ignore it, don't talk about it, say you have a bad feeling about the person who posted it and then target a lurker (without voting). What poo poo. If you're town, you're really bad at town. This whole game has been you just saying random poo poo in the wind.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

WHICH WAY MADNESS posted:

In the process of catching up (apparently I was gently prodded to post more?) but this is the most vote worthy point so far.

##vote Peta

I actually forgot about this post and even though I don't think it's the best evidence against Peta I do think it's yet another good point.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

You recall this living nightmare, you take comfort in its familiar pain. You smell fermentation and can hear a dull, unending beeping. Someone shouts in a language you do not know.

Epsilon Plus posted:

can we vote this guy for being a trash-tier poster

serious question

Also this.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

I'm at the Sox game and kinda drunk but Bottle Knight is being a retard so tuck it I'm watcher he visited Uranus let's roll

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Can't quote m y soft due to fail phone app but see whale bottle arson crime posts

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

And caught up.

Ok so my initial reads are that MC<-->Exact interaction was just a townie slapfight. Gilok, clueless town. Item discussions (dress, rocket launcher, funny hat) are red herrings and should not be brought up again.

loving :psyduck: at the number of times the word 'jester' was used in this game.

BottleKnight, even though I am voting Peta I literally glazed over halfway through your post because really your whole case boils down to "he's a meanie! :qq: The rest is just dumb.

Allen's most recent post makes him just as viable a lynch as Peta.

Arsonist is likely a lawn sprinkler or something to that effect that allows him to hit 3 targs at once.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

pffft lol.

I'm going to just make a few points here.

1) You didn't even try to pin me until you just fullclaimed. You didn't say poo poo until right now. You're so casual, bro.

2) I did visit uranus, and the results of that visit are why I made a soft dig at cpig for what I assume is lying about being doused. But I am not, as I assume you are implying, an arsonist.

3) You're at -6, the only reason you claimed is because you're super sensitive to your appearance in this thread. That is hella scummy.

I'm going to go ahead and extend my case to saying that Peta is a scum tracker. He can't be lying about tracking me, but his play is still hosed.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Peta posted:

I'm at the Sox game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kO9wIrvTvSw

Either way, have fun.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Peta posted:

whale bottle arson crime posts

lol what?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Peta posted:

I'm at the Sox game and kinda drunk but Bottle Knight is being a retard so tuck it I'm watcher he visited Uranus let's roll

If you're a watcher, who else visited uranus since BK says he's not an arsonist?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

BottleKnight, even though I am voting Peta I literally glazed over halfway through your post because really your whole case boils down to "he's a meanie! :qq: The rest is just dumb.

No. I made some alignment calls too which, while making a point of his low content meanie posts, are important .

Arsonist is likely a lawn sprinkler or something to that effect that allows him to hit 3 targs at once.

Huh? Do you know more about the arsonist than the rest of us?

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Peta posted:

Red Sox fan? That's not gonna fly with me.

##vote peta

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote peta

:getout:

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

baaah I just realized I typed tracker in my earlier posts when I meant watcher.

BottleKnight posted:

I'm going to go ahead and extend my case to saying that Peta is a scum tracker. He can't be lying about watching me, but his play is still hosed.

that's the only thing I would change in an edit of my post, I was not confused I just typed the wrong thing.

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

BK are you new? Or has there been a significant amount of time since you last played?

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I have never played mafia beforeeeee.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

##vote peta

To be fair, could be Chicago.

Is Chicago, is not Chicago?

Allen's most recent post makes him just as viable a lynch as Peta.

Wow, mean.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Allen Wren posted:

To be fair, could be Chicago.

Is Chicago, is not Chicago?

if he's a white sox fan, then I apologize sincerely. The Royals are gonna win the WS this year :D.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

I mean, I can understand looking at my post history and going "viable plorp," sure.

But as viable as Peta? Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WHICH WAY MADNESS
Apr 28, 2009

Hiipfire are you bored or what?

I guess if you want to answer with one syllable, that's fine. Wouldn't want to throw you into a crisis or something.

• Locked thread