Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
keepitlikeitwas
Oct 14, 2012
After fighting for close to a decade and a half in the Global War on Terror, what do you know about terrorism? I only ask, because of an article I read by David Rapaport titled “The Four Waves of Terrorism” that challenged my preconceived and experiential notions about terrorism in the States, Europe, and other parts of the world.

Rapaport’s article focuses on the history of terrorism, and doesn't offer a universal definition (if there is one). For the sake of discussion, here is the one I’ve been using lately: Terrorism is a violent extension of fundamental belief. The Rapoport article is below.

http://international.ucla.edu/media/files/Rapoport-Four-Waves-of-Modern-Terrorism.pdf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Androies
Oct 23, 2008

Ask me about my knives
The Real Terrorist Was Me
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3ZjsC3BOBE

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Dark souls griefers are the real terrorists

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
not having made egypt to india a glass parking lot is terrorism, namaste

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
People who don't use turn signals.

HelpImARock3
May 27, 2010

Don't get treed by a Chihuahua
Commenters on YouTube and main stream American media internet articles.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Spicy Guacamole posted:

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you

Spicy Guacamole posted:

keepitlikeitwas
Oct 14, 2012

maffew buildings posted:

not having made egypt to india a glass parking lot is terrorism, namaste

Thats some uber fundamentalist thinking.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
A broken clock is right twice a day. Nam nams (that's the hip way to say Namaste)

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris
us.

we are all the terrorists when u think bout it

Null Integer
Mar 1, 2006

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
Making me stand the midwatch two duty says in a row is terrorism of the lowest calibre.

keepitlikeitwas
Oct 14, 2012

Fucitol posted:

us.

we are all the terrorists when u think bout it

I don't see it. The common theme among terrorists (anarchists of the 1800s, anti-colonials, relgious) is an unwavering, uncompromising fundamentalist belief that eventually leads to violence.

Soldiers, unlike the demographic mentioned above, are rarely uncompromising. At least the ones I serve(ed) with. Theres are always a few exceptions (usually from Texas), however, the majority can be reasoned with.

Nice and hot piss
Feb 1, 2004

Wasn't reality show invasion of late night television terrorism at some level?

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
after searching google this is what i came up with

Fucitol
May 8, 2005

Ceterum autem censeo mundum esse delendam

Memento, homo, quia pulvis es, et in pulverem reverteris

i disagree and my opinions on the matter are stringent and inflexible

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.
Terrorism is Obama's terrible concession to uphold the pillars of society: this generation of yellow-ribboned welfare queen mascots feared and admired by every tumblrina and ranch owner alike

now you may suck my dick from the back

Helldump Immunity.
Aug 2, 2013

Fuck you
terrorism is OP's mom not washing her cooch

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
OP's mom not swallowing is p much an act of genetic terrorism

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Terrism is people who chew loudly.

Fister Ardennes
Apr 25, 2008

War is not the answer but it sure is fun
People who talk and yawn at the same time. Those fuckers need to gitmo for some water boarding lessons.

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Ever wonder why big car corporations pay two percent tax and the guys on the assembly line pay forty?

Corporations are so big, you don't even know who you're working for. That's terror. Terror built into the system.

Do you ever ask what it's all for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

The Rat posted:

Ever wonder why big car corporations pay two percent tax and the guys on the assembly line pay forty?

Corporations are so big, you don't even know who you're working for. That's terror. Terror built into the system.

Do you ever ask what it's all for? The surveillance, the police, the shoot-on-sight laws? Is that freedom?

prologue to fight club 2 lookin good

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

the first rule of fart club is
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSKQ3ZNQ_O8

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013
Our modern notions of terrorism is nebulous at best, sclerotic and kafkaesque at it's worst.

91% of women are given circumcisions in Egypt.

Some Palestinians are literally evolving backwards from the terrible state of affairs there.

The best paying job in Somalia is still "Pirate." while the worst word that starts with an N that you can call a black man in this country is still neighbor.

Most of us know nothing of terrorism beyond the hard learned realizations we've had in briefs exposures to its violence and destruction, and most if that was from Steven Segal movies- very, very, very, few of us are aware of the terrors that surround us and that we've grown completely blind to see and appreciate properly.

Even fewer of us that are aware have any desire to think more about it beyond reciting "The last sane prayer" after we take the revolvers out of our mouths each morning and night.

Say it with me, but you better still taste gun barrel when it leaves your lips.

"Dear lord, cleanse this abomination of a horrible earth with your loving thermonuclear fires. Amen."

:pray:

The Rat
Aug 29, 2004

You will find no one to help you here. Beth DuClare has been dissected and placed in cryonic storage.

Kung Fu Fist gently caress posted:

prologue to fight club 2 lookin good

I never asked for this.

Dead Reckoning
Sep 13, 2011

The Rat posted:

When due process fails us, we really do live in a world of terror. Trust us, we know what is best.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I'm a terrorist of love.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
whip is an emotional terrorist :qq:

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vxi7JRJrod4

That's terror

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

Only our very best can fight terrism

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAK3g0MY-To

MaxPowers
Dec 29, 2004
Terrorism is not vaccinating your kids. Like little time bombs waiting to explode.

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Brown people duh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

http://youtu.be/KPGyt3ZDv2Y

• Locked thread