Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Brosnan posted:

Kurumas are dumb and make the game dumber.

I do think it makes the game a bit blander, but the game is still fun at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

texasmed posted:

How to kill people in Armored Kurumas guide:

• use a computer mouse
  • shoot them in the loving face

It's literally the same aim point for any vehicle. Shoot at it with an assault rifle.

Get in cheap car like your Sultan or car off the street like the Carbonizzare. Put a sticky bomb on the front, ram the Karuma and detonate on impact.

Brosnan posted:

Kurumas are dumb and make the game dumber.

I'll put everyone's opinions in the OP so we can stop this stupid debate from circling around once again.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

geeves posted:

Get in cheap car like your Sultan or car off the street like the Carbonizzare. Put a sticky bomb on the front, ram the Karuma and detonate on impact.

Get dinged with insurance payments and bad sport points for destroying another player's vehicle. It's dumb.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

if you're worried about getting dinged for insurance and 'bad sports points', you shouldnt be playing gta online in public lobbies

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Icept posted:

Get dinged with insurance payments and bad sport points for destroying another player's vehicle. It's dumb.

Bad sport no longer exists for blowing up cars even though you still get warnings (you're right it is dumb) and they haven't really enforced it in probably well over a year - I don't think I've ever seen absolute proof that someone has been sent to bad sport since Rockstar fixed their in-game money issues. I've only seen one ticket with Rockstar support about someone complaining about being bad sport for destroying maybe 400 cars in a single day (this was around Christmas 2013). Which is loving impressive and he should be commended for it. Not punished.

I have had no hesitation about destroying other vehicles and have destroyed dozens in a single session. I'm still a "Clean Player" and have never once been "Dodgy" (you can check this in Online->Players->View Profile).

As for insurance.... stop being a poor. :v:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
Edit: looks like we agree :v:

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

As a player who is really bad, the Kuruma has allowed me to stay alive in free mode for more than three minutes and I repay the favor by killing randos only sparingly. :)

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I just dumped 100 grand into a faggio and it owns bones.

It takes a little longer to get up to speed, but it's top speed is up there with sports cars.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Powershift posted:

I just dumped 100 grand into a faggio and it owns bones.

It takes a little longer to get up to speed, but it's top speed is up there with sports cars.

Now go find someone also riding one and yell out "Scooter Brothers!"

Maybe also troll some Utility races with it as well.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Starhawk64 posted:

Now go find someone also riding one and yell out "Scooter Brothers!"

Maybe also troll some Utility races with it as well.

holy shiit, never thought of that, it might be quicker than the sadler

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster

CJ posted:

No you see it adds to the game because if you've played 2000 hours over the last 2 years and you're bored of actually playing the game you can mess around in god mode.

ironically everyone i've encountered who has a kuruma is a complete noob and can't drive or shoot for poo poo
or even competently run people over most of the time

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

vug posted:

ironically everyone i've encountered who has a kuruma is a complete noob and can't drive or shoot for poo poo
or even competently run people over most of the time

Yeah most of those people are laughably easy to outdrive with even a lovely sedan missing a tire or two.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Where is a good hunker-down defensive position?

Mostly protected from air, close to hit people on the ground but not immediately accessible from the ground.

ComradeBigT
Sep 9, 2014

hagie posted:

Mostly protected from air, close to hit people on the ground but not immediately accessible from the ground.

The tunnels under the city maybe? The entrances are not always the closest to people, but your player dot can confuse bad players trying to find you, and it can serve as a great choke point for the ones that do find you.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
What is the best, alternatively coolest, sports classic car?

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

King Vidiot posted:

You know what'd be great? If armor-piercing .50 cal snipers actually pierced armor. It'd be worth the boredom just to go on a Kuruma hunt from a rooftop.

They used to be able to, at least not intentionally. You could snipe people in their tanks with a rifle but that was less because of armor piercing bullets and more because it was an oversight on Rockstar's part. Tank sniping was my favorite thing to do way back when, just flying from rooftop to rooftop in my buzzard sniping people talking poo poo on their mics in their tanks. Then they patched out tank sniping and nerfed tanks into the ground.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Broken Cog posted:

Casco is quick and awesome and sounds awesome and is pretty.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

Casco hands down.

Coquette classic and stinger are also cool

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Powershift posted:

Casco is quick and awesome and sounds awesome and is pretty.

Dat oversteer though :psyduck:

I vote Stinger.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

Broken Cog posted:

Stinger GT. Alternately, Monroe.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Cheers! I've managed to scrape together a fair slump of money, so I'm looking for some cool cars from each category to fill my garage with.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Ok next car purchase:

Furore
Massacro
Jester
Tourismo
Khanelion (can't be great at 100k...)
Vacca
Exemplar

I have a Voltic and find it fun as poo poo. Quick to go, fast, agile, and loving silent. I just want something flashy and fun for no reason (reason enough...right?)

I might use the tunnel near the freeway. A friend and I are looking for strong points to choke the police while they aimbot headshot us in invite only.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Dandywalken posted:

Dat oversteer though :psyduck:

I vote Stinger.

It's definitely not as rear end happy as the coquette tho and handles much better. I don't really notice oversteer at all.

My only complaint is that it will roll if you hit or clip another car with ease.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Exemplar is, to my knowledge, the top of its class in 4-door luxury coupes so if you ever do racing and want a good coupe then you should grab it. The Massacro is a fantastic sports car, but the Racecar variant is just slightly better.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

hagie posted:

Ok next car purchase:

Furore
Massacro
Jester
Tourismo
Khanelion (can't be great at 100k...)
Vacca
Exemplar

I have a Voltic and find it fun as poo poo. Quick to go, fast, agile, and loving silent. I just want something flashy and fun for no reason (reason enough...right?)

I might use the tunnel near the freeway. A friend and I are looking for strong points to choke the police while they aimbot headshot us in invite only.

For the more expensive cars, I'd suggest loving around with them for free in a race first. I bought an infernus and kinda regretted it for how much it cost. If you're just buying it for looks though, go wild.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

hagie posted:

Maybe the mine shaft? There is only one way in and even when people make it in, they still have to find you.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

blackguy32 posted:

Maybe the mine shaft? There is only one way in and even when people make it in, they still have to find you.

I have yet to be found in there on PC and they do try. If they got even close they'd be destroyed by the proxy mines. I run the the back and return to he front and the door has re spawned itself.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

geeves posted:

I have yet to be found in there on PC and they do try. If they got even close they'd be destroyed by the proxy mines. I run the the back and return to he front and the door has re spawned itself.

Yeah, most people don't even know its there and when they see your blip on the map, they think you are on the mountain somewhere.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

MY daily objectives have been stuck for four days now :shrug:

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
The Benefactor Schafter is the best in class for Sedans and with the heists update they finally added it to be bought instead of it being an annoying rare spawn.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

CJ posted:

No you see it adds to the game because if you've played 2000 hours over the last 2 years and you're bored of actually playing the game you can mess around in god mode.

Except now the word's out and all the new PC players are getting them, except for the people that actually want to play the game.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Broken Cog posted:

Best for actually going fast is Pigalle. The rest are good for doing donuts and not much else. Casco might be pretty good but I haven't gotten it yet.

As for shooting dudes out of Armored Kurumas, I dunno how to do videos and haven't been fighting much lately :shrug: I've headshotted driver/passenger combos before up close, but obviously if a driver knows what they're doing (not stopping or driving straight) it's much more difficult to do.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Who needs tickets to board a train? :black101:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkMj69XoklA

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:

Would that be a slam dunk, or a hole in one?

I guess I'll be going on for ps4, maybe not doing my boat thing, instead riding the roller coaster and hitting up gangs for fat stacks and cleaning up the mean streets.

Scyron fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 7, 2015

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

How do you hook onto the side of Grangers/Insurgents with the PC controls anyways?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

The flare gun is my new favorite drive by weapon. Burn baby burn. :supaburn:

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
Geeves, is this your doing?

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Hahah, I was goofing off bicycling around and two guys in this purple Insurgent were stalking me a solid like 5 minutes, pretty funny. I was expecting them to open fire any second.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Maybe they just liked your sweet tricks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

hagie posted:

Ok next car purchase:

Massacro

Massacro is sweet. It's possibly the fastest in its class (and can even keep pace with some of the slower supercars) and has a ton of different customization options. Wish they had a convertable version though.

• Locked thread