Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Geeves, is this your doing?

owned

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Whats a good newbie car for missions and heists? I just realized that the droptop I found is probably not so great for surviving hails of gunfire and might explain why I'm dead if enemies look at me during chases.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Schyster Fusilade, despite being based on the garbage-in-real-life Crossfire, is a really dependable sportscar coupe in GTA5 and can be saved and customised from the streets, no need to buy it online. I had it as my second car (The first being a Phoenix, the best car) and it was excellent.

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 7, 2015

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Cool, grabbed one. I keep blowing all my GTAbux on weapons so a garage and cars are always just out of reach.

Is there some benefit to having a ton of friends in Online or am I getting a bunch because my girlfriend's 360 profile is girly as poo poo?

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10
After taking us nearly three weeks with getting everyone's schedules to line up my friends and I finally completed all of the heists, in order, with the same group, but only the host got the 2m bonus. Is that right? Nothing I've seen indicated that it was a host only bonus.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

robziel posted:

After taking us nearly three weeks with getting everyone's schedules to line up my friends and I finally completed all of the heists, in order, with the same group, but only the host got the 2m bonus. Is that right? Nothing I've seen indicated that it was a host only bonus.

Y'all that didn't get the bonus need to do the fleeca heist together again.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Y'all that didn't get the bonus need to do the fleeca heist together again.

Oh no, we thought that since it was a 2 player mission it didn't count. So we have to do Flecca and than all the hesits again? :ughh:

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
You should get the loyalty one for just doing Fleeca after-the-fact, but not the all-in-order one.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Slim Killington posted:

You should get the loyalty one for just doing Fleeca after-the-fact, but not the all-in-order one.

It's something at least and easy to knock out. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, I did the Flecca job with the heist leader, why didn't I get anything?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Geeves, is this your doing?

Kept hearing complaints about him in game chat & mumble from multiple others over a couple of days.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

robziel posted:

It's something at least and easy to knock out. Thanks.

EDIT: Wait, I did the Flecca job with the heist leader, why didn't I get anything?

Same thing is happening with me and the imp zone heist crew. Myself and the leader did fleeca together and we each never got the credit for doing it. That heist is just bugged. We're sitting on something like 12/26 for all in order and 9/12 for loyalty.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

geeves posted:

Kept hearing complaints about him in game chat & mumble from multiple others over a couple of days.

Y'all can give, but can't take.

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Same thing is happening with me and the imp zone heist crew. Myself and the leader did fleeca together and we each never got the credit for doing it. That heist is just bugged. We're sitting on something like 12/26 for all in order and 9/12 for loyalty.

Laaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee

But thanks.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

robziel posted:

Laaaaaaaaammmmmmmmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeee

But thanks.

...just do that heist again with one of them.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Y'all can give, but can't take.

loving around with pubbies is all well and good, but don't regularly grief LLJK members. Especially with (alleged) racist screaming in a lobby, then repeatedly purposefully failing a mission for your group. There are too many people waiting to actively participate in LLJK stuff.

I'd have booted his rear end if I had the option, but I can only add.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Pretty much the only unspoken rule for the GTA V crews, from Goonstreet, Mountain Crew, all the way through to LLJK has been "don't be a dick to fellow crewmates".
Sure, shooting each other and causing stupid fun doing so has been more than fun. There's nothing wrong with occasionally murdering each other, hell it can be a poo poo-ton of fun.
But don't continually do it, and don't intentionally gently caress up missions and heists. At that point you're no better than a common pubbie. Then, you're just being an rear end in a top hat and deserve a boot.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I'm surprised people are upset the guy got kicked. I'm tired of the general goon mentality where anything goes because "lol." It gets tedious to have to deal with idiots all the time.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Cojawfee posted:

I'm surprised people are upset the guy got kicked. I'm tired of the general goon mentality where anything goes because "lol." It gets tedious to have to deal with idiots all the time.

It's going to happen in a giant crew. Make friends with people you play regularly with and form a smaller crew. You're 1 step away from playing with pubbies pretty much.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Nothing is worse than abusing voice chat like a filthy pub

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

rt4 posted:

Nothing is worse than abusing voice chat like a filthy pub

I normally can't stand the kids that are online and talking. But occasionally you get the one that's being trolled by his parents who are obviously asking questions very loudly so they are heard by everyone.

texasmed
May 27, 2004
I don't think that happens as often as some random dude giggling in voice chat every 15 seconds, or people purposefully being annoying.

If this wasn't a piece of poo poo console port1, I'd wish for the ability to toggle voice chat in the heist setup menu, since that's the only time I actually wanna talk to these nerds.

1it's my favorite piece of poo poo console port, okay

A Lamer
Jul 2, 2006

There are a lot of legitimately terrible people in voice chat but occasionally you come across gems. The other night a few of us came across a kid named something like "BigPapa" who was doing some amazingly terrible freestyle rap. It was great playing his #1 fan for a while but then someone started harassing him (which he expertly deflected) and then eventually left. At least he wasn't just screaming "rape! rape! ahahaha [racial slurs]" over and over again like most of the kids you come across, little dude was just having some fun. :shobon:

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
What I have trouble comprehending is that out there in the real world there are thousands of people shouting "human being" into a microphone like it's a perfectly normal thing to do. I can't decide if that's weirder when they're completely alone or within earshot of other people! Many of these don't even have child or teenager sounding voices.

Kerosene19
May 7, 2007

geeves posted:

I normally can't stand the kids that are online and talking. But occasionally you get the one that's being trolled by his parents who are obviously asking questions very loudly so they are heard by everyone.

I turned off the in game chat within the first hour of playing online after hearing enough of the prepubescent wailings to carry me through this lifetime.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

rt4 posted:

What I have trouble comprehending is that out there in the real world there are thousands of people shouting "human being" into a microphone like it's a perfectly normal thing to do. I can't decide if that's weirder when they're completely alone or within earshot of other people! Many of these don't even have child or teenager sounding voices.

That word is so common on reddit, gtaforums, etc. that it's not surprising to hear it being used all of the time online.

Sibilant Crisp
Jul 4, 2014

My favorite is hearing people talking to strippers

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

texasmed posted:

I don't think that happens as often as some random dude giggling in voice chat every 15 seconds, or people purposefully being annoying.

If this wasn't a piece of poo poo console port1, I'd wish for the ability to toggle voice chat in the heist setup menu, since that's the only time I actually wanna talk to these nerds.

Don't worry it's a piece of poo poo on consoles too*

*Typed while doing a console reboot for the forth time today because I couldn't do quick missions.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

texasmed posted:

The consoles always switched it to full lobby chat during heists and missions, regardless of your free roam settings. PC does too. It is annoying in things like races when someone was yelling, someone was blasting their music and you had only seconds to put them on mute before the race. Then they removed the view player menu from the lobbies so you couldn't mute them until you were in the race and had to deal with them or take off your headphones.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

GTA Q & A

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/news/article/52429/asked-answered-the-rockstar-editor-gta-online-updates

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
It's almost like goons are pubbies with nothing more than an unpaid ten dollar credit card balance bringing us together.

unspoken rule :lol:

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

unspoken rule :lol:

You're absolutely right. Unspoken rule is incorrect. It's been in the OP since November.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?

geeves posted:

The consoles always switched it to full lobby chat during heists and missions, regardless of your free roam settings. PC does too. It is annoying in things like races when someone was yelling, someone was blasting their music and you had only seconds to put them on mute before the race. Then they removed the view player menu from the lobbies so you couldn't mute them until you were in the race and had to deal with them or take off your headphones.

I regularly hear voices while in the clouds. Occasionally things get messed up too and while I'm set to friends and crew only, I end up hearing everyone in a free roam session. It's annoying.

Today, I was looking through my stats and found that you are apparently my arch nemesis. Who knew?

Auxiliary Treats
Jun 26, 2013
With enough forward momentum on a motorcycle, you can glide for a really long time. Now I just need to work on landing it. Skip to 3:15 for the best one.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7JKhAuDFaiU

The race is Sea Jump. Once you get the gliding technique figured out it's pretty fun to get pubbies to join.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a way to fix races with a friend? 50 wins is a lot to fully upgrade my motorcycles and there's hardly any races done on 360.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer
I need a cop outfit for... reasons. Does the bug to get it into your wardrobe still work?

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

A c E posted:

Today, I was looking through my stats and found that you are apparently my arch nemesis. Who knew?

We should learn not to drive through my proxy mine traps.

Ra-amun
Feb 25, 2011

Robo Reagan posted:

Is there a way to fix races with a friend? 50 wins is a lot to fully upgrade my motorcycles and there's hardly any races done on 360.

Trade wins in Criminal Records around the prison for 30 second laps? You don't even have to trade wins if your friend's feeling generous. It can get tedious but grinding stats usually is.

kaxman
Jan 15, 2003
I dunno how people trade on a particular race. I just made a playlist with like 8 races I found that let me drive a fast car and said "lap" in the description somewhere. Me and a friend played through it a few times, it worked pretty well and we even just raced sometimes.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Akion posted:

I need a cop outfit for... reasons. Does the bug to get it into your wardrobe still work?

Not on PC, I don't know if it's still working on PS4/XB1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Akion posted:

We all know it's so you can go off the radar and troll pubbies.

• Locked thread