Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

SpaceWolfPurrp posted:

Ah, CM Punk. I remember the great series of matches he had with Atlantis in the 90s

I want a Juan Cena mask to go with that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Burt Buckle posted:

Here are my luchador(a) masks. If you can name them all you get 20 lucha points.

Rey, Dr Wagner, Dragon Kid?, Sexy Starr, Mistico, ??, Cm Punk

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Burt Buckle posted:

Here are my luchador(a) masks. If you can name them all you get 20 lucha points.

Answer key:
Rey, Dr. Wagner, Fenix, Sexy Star, Sin Cara/Myzteziz/Mistico, Hijo Del Fantasma, Future UFC Champ CM Punk

Where did you get the Fenix and Sexy Star masks? I have a Rey one (except Red where your yellow is, I think) and I want more.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Great White Hope posted:

Where did you get the Fenix and Sexy Star masks? I have a Rey one (except Red where your yellow is, I think) and I want more.

I get them from eBay. Rafael0666 and Mr. Mask Man are the shops I get masks from. I have a Blue Demon and Psychosis one on the way.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

where's your Shachihoko Boy??

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Burt Buckle posted:

Answer key:
Rey, Dr. Wagner, Fenix, Sexy Star, Sin Cara/Myzteziz/Mistico, Hijo Del Fantasma, Future UFC Champ CM Punk

Very cool. Where did you get them, and how do you like the quality?

electric funeral
Oct 16, 2004

ACCIO PANTIES
*swoosh flick*

Burt Buckle posted:

I get them from eBay. Rafael0666 and Mr. Mask Man are the shops I get masks from. I have a Blue Demon and Psychosis one on the way.

Ah, very good. I 've been looking at those same shops.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

StarkRavingMad posted:

Lucha Underground films in the LA area but their schedule is unknown until they announce a taping. Follow their Twitter (@LuchaElRey) and email them for tickets if they announce that there will be an event while you will be in town. Tickets are free, but there aren't very many, so you need to be a little quick on the draw.

April tapings announced: April 11, 12, 18, 19.

If you want tickets, email LuchaTickets@gmail.com with full name, phone number, email address, requested date of filming, number of people in your group (limit 4).

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's a great trios match from last month that we just watched in psp.tv

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WfL06RLwpOo

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
i watched lucha tube today and Sin Limite is pretty loving cool as a show, I don't understand a lot but I loving love Psycho Clown

And as always make sure you watch Lucha Underground because it's the best weekly show with the best non-wrestling personality

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

Burt Buckle posted:

Lucha has a much much heavier emphasis on tag, trio, and 4 man tag matches compared to WWE, and in lucha you don't have to tag out, if you just leave the ring or get thrown out of the ring your partner can come in. It makes for a much more frantic pace.
Also in CMLL (and a lot of other non-AAA places) everything that isn't announced as a lightning match is usually 2/3 falls. Trios teams have a captain that is announced before the match, if you pin / submit him the fall is over, if not you need a second pin / submission on someone else to win the fall. That's why you often see falls end with multiple pins or submissions at once.

Biosys
Aug 13, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1hIJPkJpDhg

AAA uploaded a Perro tribute episode of Sin Limite, haven't watched much yet but it seems to be a bunch of his recent matches + video tributes.

Burt Buckle
Sep 1, 2011

Illinois Smith posted:

Also in CMLL (and a lot of other non-AAA places) everything that isn't announced as a lightning match is usually 2/3 falls. Trios teams have a captain that is announced before the match, if you pin / submit him the fall is over, if not you need a second pin / submission on someone else to win the fall. That's why you often see falls end with multiple pins or submissions at once.

I know kayfabe is dead and all but the way CMLL has the multiple pins or submission happen at the same time seems unrealistic and lazy.

Yuriy posted:

I don't understand a lot but I loving love Psycho Clown

I also love Psycho Clown and his Triplemania match/build with El Texano Jr. last year was very fun.

Burt Buckle fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Apr 2, 2015

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012
I've been watching some Sangra Chicana matches and I'm pretty sure one of his signature moves is a double pin, which is probably the best "gently caress you" move ever.

Edit: Also, could someone explain what is going on with La Sombra. Every time I see him he seems to get progressively more insane and I'm not even sure if he's a rudo or not.

The D in Detroit fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Apr 2, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..
Dragon Lee ended Virus's 4 year Lightweight title reign, match is airing on 'a station nobody gets' apparently.

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Spermgod posted:

Dragon Lee ended Virus's 4 year Lightweight title reign, match is airing on 'a station nobody gets' apparently.

Cool, hopefully we'll get a defense against Kamaitachi and then a hair match so he can get all that hair shaved off

I also hope Dragon Lee gets booked in the states at some point, dude is just nuts and seems like he would mesh well with most of the American indy guys

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012
Good lord the Ref in the Rey de Reyes Final was awful and really took away from the finish for me with that fast count.

E: It's great to see Rey Mysterio Jr working the Lucha style again. He looks rejuvenated.

E: Rey with a Canadian Destroyer :stare:

Wiccan Wasteland fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Apr 7, 2015

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
A full Las Tortugas match finally made it to Youtube. Been looking for some drat ninja turtles matches for a while. Anyone know of any more?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcXKhtORMc4

Or try this one - looks like the same match filmed from different locations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByLJ0W8gTc0

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
It's puro but this year's Great Space War (Michinoku Pro's annual Big Dumb Gimmick match usually featuring Sasuke) was Sasuke, the Brahman Bros and Ultraman Robin vs four ninja turtles. It's almost 50 minutes long, took place in Korakuen and got pretty epic, especially if you like Crazy Old Man Sasuke going nuts.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2...apper-1-r_sport

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
Hopefully even more countries host Ninja Turtle matches in 2015.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Here's the Dragon Lee vs. Virus match that everyone's said is great.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFkpmoENd48

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
That was so great. I haven't heard a modern CMLL crowd go that nuts outside of the Aniversario show. Dragon Lee should be a huge star if he doesn't cripple himself.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Yuriy
Dec 25, 2006

Pay no attention to me, for I am a stupid cunt.
AAA this week was a best of from Rey de Reyes and man, that old guy match was better than I remember

they showed:

fenix/el hijo del fantasmo (king cuerno)
old guy match

and now theyre doing the 4 way with psycho clown and then the rey mysterio/dead dude 4 way

this card was good and remember, lucha tube leads directly into lucha underground and then nxt on wooo! (LU and onward also at taima.tv/r/woooalt which also doesnt have image macros)

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Shave Seltzer posted:

AAA made the official announcement on 4/21 that the World Cup would be a major show on 5/24 at the Palacio de los Deportes in Mexico City, which holds about 20,000 fans. They announced teams coming from ROH, TNA, All Japan and Pro Wrestling NOAH. That’s notable because All Japan and NOAH don’t work together and ROH and TNA don’t either, and AAA is pretty much the partner of Lucha Underground. It’s also notable that they are working with both TNA and ROH, but not GFW, since Jeff Jarrett has worked for AAA for years and listed AAA as one of his partners in promotional material. The Ticketmaster site lists names like Matt Hardy, Taiji Ishimori, Dr. Wagner Jr. and Johnny Mundo as appearing. Wagner & Blue Demon Jr. are expected to be two of the three legends of the Mexican team. AAA will have two teams, one coming out of the next two television tapings, and the other being the dream team of Rey Mysterio Jr. & Alberto El Patron & Myzteziz.

Cool to see Mundo making an appearance

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

Yuriy posted:

AAA this week was a best of from Rey de Reyes and man, that old guy match was better than I remember

they showed:

fenix/el hijo del fantasmo (king cuerno)
old guy match

and now theyre doing the 4 way with psycho clown and then the rey mysterio/dead dude 4 way

this card was good and remember, lucha tube leads directly into lucha underground and then nxt on wooo! (LU and onward also at taima.tv/r/woooalt which also doesnt have image macros)

Cubsfan just posted the Fenix/Hijo Del Fantasmo match and it was pretty good.

Also, Alberto is Rock levels of over in Mexico. Kids were jumping the railing just to give him a hug and touch him.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
this was fun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnXRavRa3Kk

Titán vs. Cavernario title match will be uploaded next tuesday

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me
What are the taping plans for the AAA World Cup? Is it a PPV, a TV thing, or what?

I assume its a big trios tournament and that really interests me

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Hello twitter says these are the teams for the LUCHA WORLD CUP

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why didn't they just put Galloway in Team TNA and make the last team a Lucha Underground team

edit: I fixed it

Super No Vacancy fucked around with this message at 18:55 on May 7, 2015

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Dream Team is way cooler that's why

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if Jordan ain't on it then it ain't a dream team I don't care what sport

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Go Team Mexico 2

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Hell, just switch Drew and Mundo and you'd have a TNA team (he does TNA, right?) and a LU team if Mesias does the Mil Muertas gimmick.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I already fixed it!!!!!!!

schweens
Jan 14, 2011

kakarot ain't got shit on me

oatgan posted:

Go Team Mexico 2

That team is cool but Team ROH has my heart. Cage is just so big

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
God bless us, everyone, Brian Cage and Moose together....

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
The AAA Lucha Libre World Cup is tomorrow. It's on IPPV at http://internetvluchalibreaaa.com

Bracket:

finally the Takyama vs. Rey Jr. dream match is going to happen

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
Negro Casas vs. Dragon Lee for the 2015 Leyenda de Plata happened today. I'm really excited to see that match.

in 'lol cmll' news someone spotted this at Arena México:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

surprised they have ROH and the Dream Team meeting in the second round and not the finals kinda given the Patron/Cage matchup

I presume ROH and TNA don't want to wrestle each other which means TNA has to lose in the first round

edit: unless you have some Cage shenanigans to put ROH over the Dream Team and build that singles main event but that would be pretty surprising I'd think!!