Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The sidequests you've elected to do are not the sidequests that everybody complains about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Don't bother with Tidus's, Lulu's, Kihmari's, or Wakka's ultimate weapons (unless you really like Blitzball for Wakka's).

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

blitzball owns

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Fungah! posted:

blitzball owns

oh yeah so i bought ffx/x-2 for the third time the other day and the blitzball ps4 theme also owns

fronz
Apr 7, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Fungah! posted:

blitzball owns

hell yeah

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Rirse posted:

The Ashen video from last month lootcrate is a good example to not subscribe. Even if you don't click the video, the thumbnail will show you the quality of content you get.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97PlypCTMEA

lol @ the dungeons and dragons bowtie

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
My only major complaint with blitzball is that by the 4th or 5th game, it becomes nearly impossible to lose, especially if you have Jecht Shot. Well also the music but that's easy enough to mute and listen to something else. The game itself is pretty fun on its own merits even if the AI is pants-down retarded.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

bloodychill posted:

My only major complaint with blitzball is that by the 4th or 5th game, it becomes nearly impossible to lose, especially if you have Jecht Shot. Well also the music but that's easy enough to mute and listen to something else. The game itself is pretty fun on its own merits even if the AI is pants-down retarded.

I'm kinda surprised they haven't made a mobile Blitzball game. Seems simple enough to control on a touch screen, and you can throw in a bunch of random characters from other FF games and do leagues and stuff for real-life prizes or whatever.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I'm pulling my hair out trying to find ONE drat ogre in the calm lands. It's the last one I need and I can't find a single one.

EDIT: christ, finally

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 8, 2015

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

After everyone was talking about FJF-alikes yesterday, I had a go at developing a run for X-2 HD where you ditch YRP after the intro and get a random set of fiends to use (8 total, NG+ optional, at least 2 available on chapter 1, Brother is wild).

After playtesting for a while, the good news is I'm pretty sure it's flexible enough to work, technically speaking. The bad news is I totally forgot that captured fiends are all AI-controlled, and it's actually super loving boring. Oh well!

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Mega64 posted:

I'm kinda surprised they haven't made a mobile Blitzball game. Seems simple enough to control on a touch screen, and you can throw in a bunch of random characters from other FF games and do leagues and stuff for real-life prizes or whatever.

With Triple Triad out in Japan, it might actually be a real possibility.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Mega64 posted:

Just give me loving Blitzball Manager 2015 on Steam, SE.

loving give it to me :argh:

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

should i go give my ffx/-2 "collectors edition" to gamestop now that i'm switching to ps4 or just throw it in a box somewhere or wtf

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

this just in: chocobo races are a creation of satan

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

epitasis posted:

should i go give my ffx/-2 "collectors edition" to gamestop now that i'm switching to ps4 or just throw it in a box somewhere or wtf

Is there even any difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? I dunno why the PS4 version exists

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Is there even any difference between the PS3 and PS4 versions? I dunno why the PS4 version exists

apparently http://gameidealist.com/gift-guides...-vita-versions/

also the ps4 one is digital and I ain't trying to have ps3 discs around

Tempo 119
Apr 17, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

It exists for us classy discerning folk who had a 360 last generation and will only tolerate handheld play in an emergency.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
Is there a way in Curtain Call to tell what shards you've collected all the characters for? I just got my last yellow shard character and I'd hate to forget and go do a short quest with a yellow shard boss and then basically waste that. Or does the game give you shards of a different color instead if you have all of a particular color?

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

go to switch character and go to the end and it should show you silhouettes for the remaining people and tell you what shards they are

Dross
Sep 26, 2006

Every night he puts his hot dogs in the trees so the pigeons can't get them.

Yeah honestly no matter which console you play it on you're gonna notice assets that look extremely 2001. As far as I can tell the big thing the PS4 version brings to the table is the option to use the original non-remastered music.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

I know that, but if, say, I've gotten all the yellow shards, then nobody would show up as yellow. And you would think that would mean "Well you've gotten all the yellow shard characters" except that if you have 0 of shard, even if you still have characters of that color to unlock, their silhouettes won't show up. I know this because I had only 7 pages of characters (with four of them silhouettes) and then I got two of a shard I had 0 of, and suddenly I had 8 pages.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

oh well ok I dunno then. but no they don't give you replacement shards for extra ones

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
doot do doot do doot do doot do doot doot doot

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

corn in the bible posted:

doot do doot do doot do doot do doot doot doot

Daytooooooonaaaaaaa...

Wrong song?

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

epitasis posted:

oh well ok I dunno then. but no they don't give you replacement shards for extra ones

Oh well that sucks. Guess that "Game Notes" thing on the 3DS main menu is actually going to get used for the first time ever, I'll just make notes of what color shards I already have all I need of.

Actually managed to get a couple of black shard quests today too, kinda nice that there's only one character to unlock through those.

Kanfy
Jan 9, 2012

Just gotta keep walking down that road.
It should be noted that aside from Black Shards which don't appear there at all, the single shards you get as you accumulate Rhythmia are always going to be of a colour you still need. For example if you have every Yellow Shard character you'll never gain Yellow Shards from Rhythmia.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Color Printer posted:

this just in: chocobo races are a creation of satan

Mega64 posted:

Don't bother with Tidus's, Lulu's, Kihmari's, or Wakka's ultimate weapons (unless you really like Blitzball for Wakka's).

I warned you. Trying to get everyone's ultimate weapon was what got me to quit my first time through despite being so close to the end (and that was with abusing save states).

Mingus Dew
Dec 30, 2013

Finally, a good reason to punch a teenager in the face!
I have no money, own FFX/X-2 Remaster on PS3 AND Vita, own both games physically, and STILL am tempted to buy the PS4 version.

what is wrong with me :smithicide:

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down

Tempo 119 posted:

It exists for us classy discerning folk who had a 360 last generation and will only tolerate handheld play in an emergency.

Yeah, as someone who didn't have a PS3, I'm happy for Sony to just release all its best games on the PS4 so I can play them.

Probably the weirdest thing about FFX this time around for me was that insane "Macarena" reference they just threw in there with almost no comment. I don't remember it from last time playing, it must have always been there but it took me by such surprise that my guffaw nearly shocked my wife to death.

I'm actually playing this on pstv because they're so drat cheap now and it's a great way to play!

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Remember that godawful FF9 guide? It's back! And this time they're going to put the tips inside the book. :confuoot:

Oh, now I understand why that guide gets as much hate as it does. The version over here was a lot better. Still had that bullshit, but less of it.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Mingus Dew posted:

I have no money, own FFX/X-2 Remaster on PS3 AND Vita, own both games physically, and STILL am tempted to buy the PS4 version.

what is wrong with me :smithicide:

yeah you have a serious problem

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Kyrosiris posted:

i'd play this forever and ever world without end amen

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Color Printer posted:

A switch just flipped in my head and suddenly I've decided to do a bunch of sidequests, including the optional Aeons. Is this what they call stockholm syndrome

This happened to me too. "Haha like I'd loving do all that poo poo again" Oh look I have the trophy for doing 99,999 damage in a single hit with my regular attacks oh no

Sunning
Sep 14, 2011
Nintendo Guru

Kyrosiris posted:

Fun fact, Square-Enix has an association soccer simulator out for Android/iOS called Champ Man. It's actually a reboot of the Championship Manager series. You heard of the Football Manager series by Sports Interactive? They were the original developers of the Championship Manager games before splitting with Eidos to work with SEGA on Football Manger. Square-Enix came into possession of this series through their acquisition of Eidos. Two years ago, Square Enix Europe revived the series as Champ Man for mobile.

So they probably have the tools, template, and the know-how to make a Blitzball Manager game.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Sunning posted:

Fun fact, Square-Enix has an association soccer simulator out for Android/iOS called Champ Man. It's actually a reboot of the Championship Manager series. You heard of the Football Manager series by Sports Interactive? They were the original developers of the Championship Manager games before splitting with Eidos to work with SEGA on Football Manger. Square-Enix came into possession of this series through their acquisition of Eidos. Two years ago, Square Enix Europe revived the series as Champ Man for mobile.

So they probably have the tools, template, and the know-how to make a Blitzball Manager game.

Now I loving want this more. Come on, SE. :argh:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

So it turns out I missed the destruction sphere in Djose Temple and I am losing my loving mind trying to even find the drat place again and nothing I can find on the internet is helping me, just nonsense about dark aeons which don't matter because I'm playing the original release version anyway. Oh my god. Why is everything so difficult. Why are half the airship stops grossly inconvenient.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

It's at the end of Mi'hen Highroad and has lots of lightning flashing around it.

It took me 30 seconds to google that.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There's an airship stop like 2 minutes from every major landmark.

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

I want this Zanarkand theme on my PS3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

does it have flying blitzballs in the foreground because pass if not