Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

NMD Raps Project: let's get kendrick lamar to try out weed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
lol if Kendrick doesn't smoke weed he's a puss

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.
Can we talk about beats that just ended up in the wrong hands?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Au74-8FYc4g

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

vanbags posted:

The career of lil b

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

vanbags posted:

I think it's ok, the song feels about 10 years too late though. That NY beat is classic to me but it sounds dated and Premier is one of my favorites.

vanbags
Dec 6, 2003

An ape.

Robert Analog posted:

I think it's ok, the song feels about 10 years too late though. That NY beat is classic to me but it sounds dated and Premier is one of my favorites.
The beat doesn't sound too dated considering it's from '06. I mean it's from the same era and vein as The Documentary which everyone drooled over as one of the greatest produced albums of the time.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

vanbags posted:

Next on VH1-"Beats That Ended Up In The Wrong Hands: The French Montana Story"

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

vanbags posted:

The beat doesn't sound too dated considering it's from '06. I mean it's from the same era and vein as The Documentary which everyone drooled over as one of the greatest produced albums of the time.

My mistake I'd never heard that song and assumed it was newer.

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Budget Prefuse posted:

NMD Raps Project: let's get kendrick lamar to try out weed again

Weed cuts off the circulation. Stoners don't have anything but hooks.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ir8_cjKuy_U

GZA Genius
Jan 29, 2009

vanbags posted:

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

a dog from hell posted:

Weed cuts off the circulation. Stoners don't have anything but hooks.

Yep kendrick has truly cracked the code to rapping with best circulation. Is that how he achieves the roboalien voice?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

*e-40 voice* YUP

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

vanbags posted:

I read this as Agalloch at first and got very confused.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

pretty much can't wait.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the Rod Stewart sample and the switch up

awesome

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

That asap rocky song is good. wtf is this album going to sound like.

Also lets go Future quit loving around I want to hear Ape poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

That asap rocky song is good. wtf is this album going to sound like.

Im pretty excited for this release. All of the new songs have been good and unique so far

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Been pretty surprised by pretty much all of the tracks he's put out so far. They've all been good, but wonder how everything will actually sound together. Either way looking to be an interesting release, and I'm way more into it now than I was before hearing anything.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

alansmithee posted:

Been pretty surprised by pretty much all of the tracks he's put out so far. They've all been good, but wonder how everything will actually sound together. Either way looking to be an interesting release, and I'm way more into it now than I was before hearing anything.

It's going to be great, I have no doubt. Best part is that Rocky has firmly stamped his own style that borrows elements of a lot of different sects of rap, along with outside influences. His energy is tremendous and his "brand" is evolving in just the right way.

Haven't felt this good about a NYC dude for a long time.....

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.

oh god

this is the answer

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
I ordered Malice's book today are there any other good rap biographies? I read DMX's a long time ago, it made me feel for him going off the deep end even in the book he talks about smoking crack as a teen.

im gay
Jul 20, 2013

by Lowtax
The new OG Maco tape is decent. Only four songs but they are all kind of different.

https://soundcloud.com/og-maco/sets/tax-free-prod-pablo-dylan-pablodylan

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Robert Analog posted:

I ordered Malice's book today are there any other good rap biographies? I read DMX's a long time ago, it made me feel for him going off the deep end even in the book he talks about smoking crack as a teen.

the tao of wu and mo meta blues are ok

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Mo Meta Blues is just really fun. Both of the Prince stories in it are hilarious.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

im gay posted:

The new OG Maco tape is decent. Only four songs but they are all kind of different.

https://soundcloud.com/og-maco/sets/tax-free-prod-pablo-dylan-pablodylan

Produced by Bob Dylan's grandson, and Jacob Dylan's son: Pablo.

ol yeller posted:

the tao of wu and mo meta blues are ok

Thanks friend

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
just posting my appreciation for lord willin being such a loving great album

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

Fat Trel can rap

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fg0Cei_N8iE

A good one off the new French Montana tape

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDd9odnxRE

void_serfer fucked around with this message at 13:05 on May 9, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Can't wait for that new Rocky album

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

yes and yes

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

Nice.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

Robert Analog posted:

Prodigy's book.

He talks about how aliens trying to abduct him and how he was scared and left his wife to fend for herself. And there's multiple times where he was about to shoot or fight people but things out of his control got in the way. Like he sees someone across the street, ties his shoes and then a bus drives by and the guy vanishes.

Jay-Z's Decoded book is really good. Even if you're not a big fan it's definitely worth a read if you can appreciate his talent/story. It's half explaining his music and lyrics. It's kind of like a rapgenius that he does himself but with a lot of stories from growing up, linking up with Jaz O, Rocafella, Rocawear, selling drugs in Maryland, growing up in Marcy.

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 16:13 on May 9, 2015

weak wrists big dick
Dec 18, 2012

good job. you are getting legitametly upset because I won't confrom to your secret internet cliques gross social standards. Sorry I don't like anime. Sorry I don't like being gross on the internet. Sorry that you are getting caremad.

your stupid shit internet argument is also only half true once I get probated, so checkmate anyways but nice try.

]
Do you guys like Trap? What even is Trap? I heard some of these "Trap Remix" songs of some rap songs and I think I like it. Does this make me twelve years old? Is this even the thread for DISCUSSING trap?

e: nevermind i just liked like two or three songs and the rest are teens which are probably literally legally retarded rapping

Also Nehruvian DOOM 2 when?

weak wrists big dick fucked around with this message at 17:07 on May 9, 2015

high on life and meth
Jul 14, 2006

Fika
Rules
Everything
Around
Me

EATIN SHRIMP posted:

Prodigy's book.

He talks about how aliens trying to abduct him and how he was scared and left his wife to fend for herself. And there's multiple times where he was about to shoot or fight people but things out of his control got in the way. Like he sees someone across the street, ties his shoes and then a bus drives by and the guy vanishes.

This. Also he invented every trend. Cam rocking pink? Cam saw P rock a pink polo once. The NOTORIOUS Biggie Smalls? Obviously ripped off the INFAMOUS Mobb Deep.

Mike Tyson's book is p interesting and mentions some rappers throughout, too.

A Handed Missus
Aug 6, 2012

the chaos engine posted:

This. Also he invented every trend. Cam rocking pink? Cam saw P rock a pink polo once. The NOTORIOUS Biggie Smalls? Obviously ripped off the INFAMOUS Mobb Deep.

Mike Tyson's book is p interesting and mentions some rappers throughout, too.

quote:

TRENDS PRODIGY HAS SET SINCE 1992 AND STILL IS SETTING IN 2008 AND BEYOND:

#1 TATTOO’S ON MY CHEST, ARMS AND HAND SINCE I WAS 12 YEARS OLD

#2 RAPPING WORDS THAT DONT ALWAYS RHYME

#3 PUTTING WORDS TOGETHER THAT DONT RHYME AND MAKING THEM RHYME "big guns down in santa barbray, my crew do it the mobb way every day, crime pay who wanna gun play thrill me. niggas kill me grillin me you wanna look peep the 9 milly now undress you know the drilly. niggas suspect weak links pose threat, i have yet to met challenger who go against my set"

#4 CUSTOM MADE JEWELERY INSTEAD OF THE POPULAR MOLDS.

#5 HOW I FOLD MY BANDANA

#6 CUSTOM MADE FOOTBALL JERSEYS WIT HENNESSY and E&J ON EM’

#7 CREATING AND MAKING SLANG POPULAR LIKE ,,,,,, KIKO, CUZZO, VULTURES, BOGIES, HENNY ROCK, NOTTY HEAD, HEAD SPIN (head), BACK SPIN (pussy)

#8 MADE DRINKIN HENNESSY, E&J, LIME BACARDI, 151 POPULAR (nothin to be proud of)

#9 SAMPLING MUSIC FROM THE MOVIE SCARFACE,,,,,NOBODY DID IT BEFORE ME..NOT THE MUSIC

#10 SAMPLING MAFIA MUSIC -"crime connections" MOBB DEEP feat. CORMEGA,,,,L.E.S. BIT MY poo poo WHEN HAV LEFT MY MAFIA CD’S IN A NAS SESSION. THEN YOU HEAR poo poo LIKE "affermitive action"

#11 FIRST RAPPER WIT TATS ON MY FINGERS AND MY WHOLE NECK DONE

#12 PROTOOLS,,,,STARTED USING IT IN 98

#13 MURDA MUSIC,,EVERYBODY USES MY BLOOD SPLASH NOW

#14 WE MADE DOING SONGS FOR CHICKS COOL FOR STREET NIGGAS

#15 EVERYBODY WANNA USE THE WORD INFAMOUS NOW……THERES ONLY ONE INFAMOUS ON THE PLANET AND THATS THE INFAMOUS MOBB DEEP. WHOEVER ELL’S IS TRULY PLAYING THEYSELF. COME BETTER. I DONT SEE YOU CALLIN YA SELF NOTORIOUS,,,SO DONT USE OUR poo poo…YOU LOOK AND SOUND STUPID.

#16 ALOT OF PEOPLE ARE CALLIN THEY SELF A MOBB WIT 2 B’S,,,,,YOU ARE A EXTRA DICK RIDER. I CREATED THE 2 B poo poo JUST SO WE COULD STAND OUT,,,PLEASE STOP IT.

#17 THIS BELONGS AT THE TOP,,,,,,,,,PRODIGY AND HAVOC. AFTER ME AND HAV NAMES WERE IN THE SOURCE UN-SIGNED HYPE COLUM, THAT WAS THE FIRST TIME OUR NAMES WERE EVER PRINTED AND OUTTA NOWHERE POP’S UP A prodijee and havik from the west coast????????? THEM NIGGA BIT OUR NAMES…THERES NO WAY IN THE UNIVERSE THAT SOMEBODY ELL’S COULD PUT THOSE 2 NAMES TOGETHER BY COINCEDENCE. TOTALY IMPOSSIBLE. WE BUMPED INTO THEM NIGGAS AT JACK THE RAPPER IN ATLANTA BACK IN 93 AND WE STEPPED TO THEM. ASK D.J. PREMEIR, GURU, LIL DAP, 40GLOCC AND A GANG OF OTHER WITNESSES THAT SAW THE CONFRONTATION. THEM NIGGAS WAS SHOOK.

#18 TIMBERLAND BOOTS…THESE RACIST FUCC’S OWE US MILLIONS. THEY NEVER DO AD’S USING BLACK PEOPLE OR RAPPERS AS MUCH AS WE PROMOTED THEY poo poo.

#19 WEB SITES, I HAD INFAMOUSSTORES.COM AND WAS WRITING BLOGS BACK IN 99 LONG BEFORE IT BECAME POPULAR IN HIP HOP TO HAVE A WEB SITE.

#20 PUTTIN THE VIDEO ON THE NET BEFORE PEOPLE EVEN HEAR THE SONG ON MIX-CD’S OR RADIO. MAC 10 HANDLE WAS THE FIRST VIDEO TO HIT THE NET FIRST, AND THE FIRST TIME SOMEBODY SHOT A BIG VIDEO FOR A MIX-CD PERIOD.

#21 NO MORE JEWELERY, RIMS, OR LIFESTYLE OF THE BEAST. HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#22 NO MORE FLASHY, DANCY, RADIO FREINDLY , CLUB SONGS..HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#23 MAKING EXPOSING THE ILLUMINATI, SECRET GOVERNMENT AND HIDDEN TRUTHS THAT NEW HOT poo poo… PEOPLE DO IT, BUT NOT LIKE P. I BEEN DOIN IT SINCE 96… JUST LISTEN TO MY BEATS AND HOW I MAKE THIS poo poo SO THAT THE REAL HOOD NIGGAS CAN GET INTO IT…. THESE human being CONCIOUS RAPPERS WILL NEVER REACH THE CROWED OF KILLERS THAT I REACH….HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

#24 I MAKE OLD WASHED UP RAPPERS WANNA GO BACK IN THE STUDIO AND DO IT ONE MORE TIME!! THESE DUSTY, RUSTY, RETIRED RAP NIGGAS GET THAT OLD FEELING BACK WHEN THEY HEAR MY MUSIC AND SEE HOW I DONT STOP… ITS HILLARIOUS TO HEAR AND SEE THEM TRY TO KEEP IT COMING LIKE ME. WE NOT THE SAME HOMEBOY!!,,,,WHATS EVEN MORE FUNNY IS THE CONCIOUS RAPPERS THAT GET HYPE CAUSE THEY HEAR MY LYRICS AND THEY BE LIKE "yes our time is here" BUT NO YA TIME IS NOT! WE NOT THE SAME HOMEBOY!! YOU NOT A REBEL SOLDIER….YOU NOT A INSURGENT.. PLEASE….GO HOME

#25 DEMEROL, MORPHINE, HEROINE RAP’S,,,,,I STARTED SAYIN ALL THIS CAUSE I WRITE RHYME WHILE IM SICK IN THE HOSPITAL ACTUALLY GETTIN THESE DRUGS… SAYIN YA poo poo IS LIKE CRACK, COKE ANS WHAT HAVE YOU I STARTED DOING THAT BACK ON D.J. CLUE MIX TAPES FIRST TIME WAS ON THE MOTHERLESS CHILD BEAT…ME AND TY-NITTY

#26 I COULD JUST KEEP GOING BUT NOW I’M TIRED… HOW DARE YOU QUESTION MY TREND SETTING, LOOK AT WHAT I BRING TO THE TABLE.

P should restart that blog

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
Jeez that asap cover is scary haha

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

hell yeah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuYl6HqifxU