Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
Member cap does have an effect on the rewards. The higher the number of members, the less the rewards you get for doing the same ops.

The next jump from 25 is the full 50 members so we'll wait until we run out of slots before we bump it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Chubbs posted:

Member cap does have an effect on the rewards. The higher the number of members, the less the rewards you get for doing the same ops.

The next jump from 25 is the full 50 members so we'll wait until we run out of slots before we bump it up.

I always thought that the rewards were the same, only the amount of poo poo on the maps changed.

Goonfleet is 50 and when we clear sour grapes I get about 1.1 million gold at level 47

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Whoa :pusheen:

Ron Paul Atreides
Apr 19, 2012

Uyghurs situation in Xinjiang? Just a police action, do not fret. Not ongoing genocide like in EVIL Canada.

I am definitely not a tankie.

drat, Supercell being all progressive and poo poo

how big is the update? I don't have wifi right now debating getting it over data

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

~90 megs I believe.

Got my prototype weapon lab building while tanks 12 research, awwwww yeah.

Critters are pretty cool, though medics try to heal them, so, yeah.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah I wiped all my medics by messing around with critters. Sent a salvo of them at a flamer my tanks were ignoring, and my medics sat in the fire until they died.

They're pretty good at tanking snipers and cannons though. Anything that will one shot them is OK. They will also tear apart rocket launchers, which is pretty neat.

ephphatha
Dec 18, 2009

One of the new events is a mini op base that spawns on your map. poo poo's bonkers though, towers are boosted to insane levels and there's a couple of new weapons including one called the doom cannon that does 3000dps before boosts.

E: you get multiple attacks, I've been given three tries on this thing but I'm not sure if it'll give you more or less.

E2: phone posting :(

ephphatha fucked around with this message at 04:54 on May 8, 2015

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

[TIMG] dat poo poo mang

Also thank you, that's awesome!

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

double post yay

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Woke up this morning and my base had been raided twice while I was sleeping, which is weird because I hadn't been attacked in around a week or so.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hammerman strikes back is bullshit ok bye

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

Putty posted:

hammerman strikes back is bullshit ok bye

Agreed. My defenses are poo poo, and I scrapped my blue MPs for more RR and GBE.

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

My base crushed hammerman in one shot, tho the ai was extra-dumb.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Yeah I could probably redo my base, but :effort:

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Game needs to allow saving base layouts since what works on idiot ai won't work on people.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
hammerman cucks back

Petah
Aug 24, 2006

Keeping the American Imperialists at bay since 1948
I didn't get Hammerman because I didn't but that new defense building, but I hear that Hammerman is crazy difficult.

I've been playing this game for a few months now at level 38 and my TF does pretty well. Our 25 man clears Mambo about 5-6 times a week. We do have a few really incompetent members and it's starting to get annoying so I was looking up goonfleet. How many times do you beat sour grapes in a week?

Phelddagrif
Jan 28, 2009

Before I do anything, I think, well what hasn't been seen. Sometimes, that turns out to be something ghastly and not fit for society. And sometimes that inspiration becomes something that's really worthwhile.

S.T.C.A. posted:

My base crushed hammerman in one shot, tho the ai was extra-dumb.

Yeah, same here. It helps that the AI doesn't use the gunboat, otherwise it'd be basically impossible. As it was, he didn't really make any progress (TH19, all defenses leveled up reasonably high including L5 shock launcher).

If you care enough to rearrange your base just for the event, it's probably best to just clump most of your defenses near the front, as he doesn't use any gunboat abilities like shock or barrage.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
I placed a Shock Cannon I, it's a stun clash-xbow that does crazy damage/range. Place your shock cannon I's away from other shocks and boom cannons, to either own or absorb GBE. I think I'll constantly run a shock cannon (pair) they are pretty good.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!

jm20 posted:

I placed a Shock Cannon I, it's a stun clash-xbow that does crazy damage/range. Place your shock cannon I's away from other shocks and boom cannons, to either own or absorb GBE. I think I'll constantly run a shock cannon (pair) they are pretty good.

What is the duration of it?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

gromdul posted:

What is the duration of it?

12d

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004

Petah posted:

I didn't get Hammerman because I didn't but that new defense building, but I hear that Hammerman is crazy difficult.

I've been playing this game for a few months now at level 38 and my TF does pretty well. Our 25 man clears Mambo about 5-6 times a week. We do have a few really incompetent members and it's starting to get annoying so I was looking up goonfleet. How many times do you beat sour grapes in a week?

We beat sour grapes about that often. The limit is getting the Intel to start it.

I'm sure someone can make room for you but we have our own share of problems as well. Namely we are lucky if half of the people attack during a tf. So who knows if you'll be happier or not.

Bellmeistr
Jul 2, 2007
Goonfleet has one open spot and maybe another one soon.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
I faced against a prototype shock i today, it wasn't much of a problem. It does do a frightening amount of damage, but you just shock it once or twice and you are fine. I think that going up against two prototype defences will certainly be a PITA and drain your GBE.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
What level was it? I faced a level 1 shock cannon. Missed it until it was shooting my tanks. I just shocked it and flared it; blew up without half my tanks even getting a shot off at it.

mikemelbrooks
Jun 11, 2012

One tough badass
My first encounter with a prototype weapon was totally underwhelming. What the gently caress was he thinking?

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
update: theives is still bad

i don't even raid anymore I get more gold than I can use to upgrade

also rape santa appears now and agai nto remind you that this game was supposed to make a profit

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

Good point. I updated the KoT OP at least.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
Forever saving

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Why doesn't hammer man attack me?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

jm20 posted:

Forever saving

Jeez, why? At least convert them to larges.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

S.T.C.A. posted:

Jeez, why? At least convert them to larges.

yeah wtf dude. how come you have so many diamonds????

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
When you swap your statue mix you will really want to keep the perfect guardians. I don't need ice or magma right now, but it's fun to collect them :spergin:

Dimix
Aug 1, 2004
Not as bad as jm but I'll make ice statues eventually.

http://imgur.com/6n96DNG

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
Thieves now has guild wars and idk whats happening

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
plunder pirates also getting guild wars

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

:snoop:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwXLyWujdxU

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:

noice