Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

Oh hey, they're adding Batgirl-oh. It's a loving prequel with Babs.

Why does everyone hate Cassandra Cain except me? :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Once the current DC management flails around and/or retires, I'm sure some young hotshot writer will bring back cassandra cain. Comics are cyclical.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

lol if you don't think there will be a Cassandra Cain costume option.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Yvonmukluk posted:

Oh hey, they're adding Batgirl-oh. It's a loving prequel with Babs.

you and me both :smith::hf::smith:

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Yvonmukluk posted:

Because she's not Huntress.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

codenameFANGIO posted:

That's not the same thing at all.

Skoll posted:

Because she's not Huntress.

I thought it was because she wasn't white.

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Welp since Arkham Knight will already be a 400.00$ purchase for me I might as well go balls deep and get the season pass for all this poo poo :v:

Yvonmukluk posted:

I don't think anyone hated her (except the writers circa 1 year later) but she's had the least exposure of any of the bat family so they just forget.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
the thing about cassandra cain dlc is that its hard to make the game fun when none of the melee enemies can hurt you

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I preordered the PS4 version from GameStop...so the GS version isn't the best one anymore?

What about the PS4 version with the Scarecrow levels (and play as Harley)? I don't know if my PC can handle it...

AMD FX-8310 3.4GHz - L2 Cache 8MB, 95 Watts, Socket AM3+, OEM, No Fan Included - FD8310WMW8KHK
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
8GB (2x4GB) ADTA XPG V1 4GB Desktop Memory Module - DDR3 1600, PC3-12800, Blue - AX3U1600C4G11-SD
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

I want the game but I'd like it cheaper if possible... I also want the best I can get feature wise. I don't have a PS4 yet (that's also on the list to pick up).

EDIT: I'm preordering the $100 Batmobile version, if that matters as well. I also have $40 in GameStop cards I can use.

ThermoPhysical fucked around with this message at 21:48 on May 3, 2015

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

hard counter posted:

I don't think anyone hated her (except the writers circa 1 year later) but she's had the least exposure of any of the bat family so they just forget.
Except she was erased from history with the reboot, and several writers have stated that editorial won't let her be used in stories, even when they want to. God forbid the Batman Family have a member who's not lily-white, regardless of their actual ethnic background (looking at you, Damian Wayne).

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except she was erased from history with the reboot, and several writers have stated that editorial won't let her be used in stories, even when they want to. God forbid the Batman Family have a member who's not lily-white, regardless of their actual ethnic background (looking at you, Damian Wayne).

Clearly as demonstrated in Batman Beyond, Bruce Wayne's genetics overwrite all those that are inferior. :biotruths:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Yvonmukluk posted:

Except she was erased from history with the reboot, and several writers have stated that editorial won't let her be used in stories, even when they want to.

:confused:

https://twitter.com/DCComics/status/594207395489947648

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

Heard this tune before, nothing good will come of this

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Faux-rear end Nonsense posted:

What was so bad about Catwoman in Arkham City?

Nothing.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

hiddenriverninja posted:

Heard this tune before, nothing good will come of this

lol yeah she is toast

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

ThermoPhysical posted:

I preordered the PS4 version from GameStop...so the GS version isn't the best one anymore?

What about the PS4 version with the Scarecrow levels (and play as Harley)? I don't know if my PC can handle it...

AMD FX-8310 3.4GHz - L2 Cache 8MB, 95 Watts, Socket AM3+, OEM, No Fan Included - FD8310WMW8KHK
GIGABYTE GA-78LMT-USB3 AM3+ AMD 760G + SB710 HDMI USB 3.0 Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
8GB (2x4GB) ADTA XPG V1 4GB Desktop Memory Module - DDR3 1600, PC3-12800, Blue - AX3U1600C4G11-SD
EVGA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB 128-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 Video Card

I want the game but I'd like it cheaper if possible... I also want the best I can get feature wise. I don't have a PS4 yet (that's also on the list to pick up).

EDIT: I'm preordering the $100 Batmobile version, if that matters as well. I also have $40 in GameStop cards I can use.

Anyone preordering should be guaranteed a Harley but Red Hood is not included in the season pass and is only available for Gamestop preorders until they clarify this. I think the best way is preordering it through Gamestop with the season pass

Edit: Further looking at various stores I think none of the physical deluxe editions include the season pass and you can only buy it with the game as a Digital Download exclusive. Since they've only just announced the Season Pass I'm hoping they do end up including it in the In Store copies

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 00:35 on May 4, 2015

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
And Stephanie Brown is Dan Didio's favorite character!

Rad Valtar
May 31, 2011

Someday coach Im going to throw for 6 TDs in the Super Bowl.

Sit your ass down Steve.
There better be another whole games worth of content if they want me to play $40.

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I've been waiting a long loving time for this game but now I'm wondering if I should wait another year or so and pick up the inevitable GOTY edition :ohdear:

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Chasiubao posted:

I've been waiting a long loving time for this game but now I'm wondering if I should wait another year or so and pick up the inevitable GOTY edition :ohdear:

It's what I'm doing for WB's other game Mortal Kombat X but Batman has too much of an allure and don't want to get spoiled on the plot or experience so i want that day 1

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

I'm not worried about the DLC not being substantial. I'm worried that the main game will be cut to poo poo. If the side quests in Arkham City were cut out, the "storyline" bits were actually quite short.

Bushmaori
Mar 8, 2009
There going to be big riddler hunts in this game?

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Just thought some PALgoons would want to know, 365games/OzGameShop/NZGameShop have the Arkham Knight Premium Edition (comes with the Season Pass) Steam Key Download for a good price:

365games £39.99: http://www.365games.co.uk/pc-games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-cd-key-download-for-steam?auto
OzGameShop AU$64.99: http://www.ozgameshop.com/pc-games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-cd-key-download-for-steam?auto
NZGameShop NZ$66.99: http://www.nzgameshop.com/pc-games/batman-arkham-knight-premium-cd-key-download-for-steam?auto

Funso Banjo
Dec 22, 2003

Bushmaori posted:

There going to be big riddler hunts in this game?

We can only hope so.

Paused
Oct 24, 2010
A Riddler trophy has been seen in one of the promo shots at least.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Johnatan Banks is Gordon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbg9Bqsvifg

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Supposedly, Scott Porter is Nightwing. I only want to know who's voicing Red Hood Rocksteady :argh:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Watching Conroy emote while reading those lines is pretty neat. I'm sure those takes were filmed specifically for this promo piece, but I'm sure he's doing that all the time anyway.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

Supposedly, Scott Porter is Nightwing. I only want to know who's voicing Red Hood Rocksteady :argh:

I thought Quinton Flynn voiced him in Arkham City. Guess he's not reprising that role.

Also, voicing Gordon in the Arkham Series has to be the least secure job in voice acting.

Blueberry Pancakes fucked around with this message at 17:29 on May 7, 2015

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Why did they recast everybody but Batman? What was wrong with the old voice actors? This just smacks of WB wanting to spend money for the sake of spending money to get "name talent".

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Wally Wingert is still Riddler, that's all I care about. :colbert:

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Uh, it seems WB Montreal is hiring for a new DC comics game.

http://emploi.afjv.com/emploi-jeux-video/EDEV1120-8455?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

http://emploi.afjv.com/emploi-jeux-video/ECEP1120-8456?utm_medium=twitter&utm_source=twitterfeed

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

I'm gonna guess Suicide Squad tie-in, and that it'll be terrible.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Chasiubao posted:

I'm gonna guess Suicide Squad tie-in, and that it'll be terrible.

At least we can look forward to more DLC rather than bugfixes. :shepface:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I really hope there is a surprise character or three. My ideal would have been Scarface (had he not been written out without a true appearance in game #1.)

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving

codenameFANGIO posted:

As long as it's not the garbage one from that injustice mobile game:

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

What is that even supposed to be? Regime Batgirl?

Chasiubao
Apr 2, 2010

All those straps and buckles? It's clearly Final Fantasy Batgirl.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

At least we can look forward to more DLC rather than bugfixes. :shepface:

Who did Shadow of Mordor? Wasn't that considered a very good game? Why can't they do a DC game. That was WB too wasn't it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Its DLC was pretty lackluster though.

• Locked thread