Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Asmodai_00 posted:

Stop being bad hth

But then I can't gently caress around and shoot people in the face with a flare gun. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Why are you trying to have fun in freeroam??

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

rt4 posted:

Why are you trying to have fun in freeroam??

I meant during missions. The flare gun is the most hilarious way to kill the NPCs.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Y'all don't give enough respect to the most noble of weapons: the Musket.

I love killing people with the musket.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Starhawk64 posted:

I meant during missions. The flare gun is the most hilarious way to kill the NPCs.
Creating a traffic jam and then firing flares into it until an errant one lights someone on fire and it spreads to the cars and causes a chain reaction is SO SATISFYING.

Policenaut posted:

Free-aim server, line up at 20 paces with a few friends, re-enact civil war battles.

A c E
Jun 18, 2007

Is this weird? Is this too weird? Do you need to sit down?
Edit: ^^ Musket battles would be so much fun. Also a flare battle.

Xenaero posted:

It's brutal when a tank wrecks an entire server and then he suicides before the tank does down, then goes into passive mode until he gets another tank.

Not sure how you'd supposed to fight that. He blew up every Jihad Jeep I tried to get close to him with.

Hydra if you have one, jet from the military base if not. Otherwise try a vote kick.

Doesn't matter what I'm doing, if I see someone in a tank (killing pubbies) I will make sure it doesn't last long. Once he explodes, I will follow him around in passive mode to prevent him from spawning another. gently caress tanks for anything but NPC rampages and the occasional bounty baiting.

spiritual bypass
Feb 19, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Is it possible for PC users to get these weapons or do we just miss out on the fun for only having the best platform?

slicing up eyeballs
Oct 19, 2005

I got me two olives and a couple of limes

Pleads posted:

Free-aim server, line up at 20 paces with a few friends, re-enact civil war battles.

Can you lock aim modes per mission? Because that would make a great deathmatch

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

rt4 posted:

Is it possible for PC users to get these weapons or do we just miss out on the fun for only having the best platform?

just wait until independence day event. there's multiple event weapons that are obtainable for a limited time each year

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A c E posted:

Hydra if you have one, jet from the military base if not. Otherwise try a vote kick.

Doesn't matter what I'm doing, if I see someone in a tank (killing pubbies) I will make sure it doesn't last long. Once he explodes, I will follow him around in passive mode to prevent him from spawning another. gently caress tanks for anything but NPC rampages and the occasional bounty baiting.

Yeah, the tank has been nerfed so hard these days that a single strafe from a jet will put one of them down handily. Hydras have to be a bit more cautious because of the longer time it takes to escape the tank's effective range but all in all the jets do poo poo on everything tank related.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Just finished all in order challenge, by doing all the heists in order.
Bonus: Did it all with only pubs!

Tip: Don't forget you can kick members of your party before commiting to any heist mission

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Where might I find this data, or the information within. If apt customization is really in I'm going to be one happy boy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWZmyTtmVUM

I guess it could be a leftover interior that they decided not to use in GTAV:SP , but I could have sworn I read someone said the files for the interior were found in one of the GTA:O updates.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

One of those hacker types on Twitter leaked pictures from awhile back of supposed apartment decoration, like I remember at the time people laughing because one of them was about playing dishwashers or something.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.
Best part about playing missions with goons is that after the mission, you get to play who will suicide bomb the rest of the team mates.

an actual frog
Mar 1, 2007

HEH, HEH, HEH!
Those apartment leaks from the guy calling himself nillxmods? Total fabrication. He was run out of town by the gta hacking community when it came to light he scammed several thousand dollars selling fake modding services

I mean, dishwashers, wtf?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
To be fair, functional dishwashers is exactly the kind of thing the GTA modding community would get excited over. We are talking about people who can't enjoy a game enough because turn signals don't work or you can't drive a train.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I am one of the weirdos who played majoras mask and pretended to live in the town. I would love to have all this mundane crap in the game just do I could do it. I'm not going to pester rock star to add it, but it would be cool.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

To be fair, functional dishwashers is exactly the kind of thing the GTA modding community would get excited over. We are talking about people who can't enjoy a game enough because turn signals don't work or you can't drive a train.

Turn signals, who cares, but driving a train would he awesome.

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Steves Asleep posted:

Having either an Impromptu Race or a 1-on-1 Deathmatch as your dailies is the loving worst.

Murder enough different people in a lobby and you will get someone to challenge you to a 1 on 1 pretty rapidly.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Turn signals, who cares, but driving a train would he awesome.

They let you do it in single player. You get in a vehicle that is locked to a track and you push the "go" button. It's the least-exciting thing I've done in the game, I think.

Modders aren't content with that though! They want advanced train functionality, where you have to adhere to the schedule and operate all the safeties and shovel coal into the burner and do track changeovers at the railyard and punch out for the day and go home to your loveless marriage and drinking problem, and

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
Come on you could play Denzel Washington and run the train to full speed and it's going to take a dangerous turn!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Slim Killington posted:

They let you do it in single player. You get in a vehicle that is locked to a track and you push the "go" button. It's the least-exciting thing I've done in the game, I think.

Modders aren't content with that though! They want advanced train functionality, where you have to adhere to the schedule and operate all the safeties and shovel coal into the burner and do track changeovers at the railyard and punch out for the day and go home to your loveless marriage and drinking problem, and

It would be cool to ride around on a train with like 10 other players with bounties. Use your imagination.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It would be cool to ride around on a train with like 10 other players with bounties. Use your imagination.

Me and a couple of friends actually did that yesterday. Got on one of the trains driving around the island, and gave each other max bounties. Only one guy bit unfortunately.

It's surprisingly easy to get on top of the trains in the first place. You can just run up to one of the lower carts and climb on board.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Hobo Train Trip sounds like fun!

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
Yeah we do that already.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The guy who needs mods telling those who don't to use their imagination. Best post of the thread right here.

Pretzel Rod Serling
Aug 6, 2008

A Lamer posted:

There are a lot of legitimately terrible people in voice chat but occasionally you come across gems. The other night a few of us came across a kid named something like "BigPapa" who was doing some amazingly terrible freestyle rap. It was great playing his #1 fan for a while but then someone started harassing him (which he expertly deflected) and then eventually left. At least he wasn't just screaming "rape! rape! ahahaha [racial slurs]" over and over again like most of the kids you come across, little dude was just having some fun. :shobon:

The best voice chat thing I ever witnessed was two guys picked Random Contact Mission from the menu and one of them started asking the other where he was from. The guy was super cagey about it because you don't just want to tell online weirdos about your life but then the first guy asked if he knew a third guy. It turns out these guys know each other in real life! They didn't know each others' PSN names but they'd hung out before and they just happened to be randomly placed in the same mission! They were absolutely delighted, it was awesome

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

She's done.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_84x4wFaoE

Slim Killington posted:

They want advanced train functionality, where you have to adhere to the schedule and operate all the safeties and shovel coal into the burner and do track changeovers at the railyard and punch out for the day and go home to your loveless marriage and drinking problem, and

Wait they want to import Michael's story into Online?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

Cojawfee posted:

I am one of the weirdos who played majoras mask and pretended to live in the town. I would love to have all this mundane crap in the game just do I could do it. I'm not going to pester rock star to add it, but it would be cool.

you clearly haven't played a single round of tennis!

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Zigmidge posted:

The guy who needs mods telling those who don't to use their imagination. Best post of the thread right here.

Huh? Never used a mod for GTA in my life.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

This guy knows what's up :hfive:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

The PC version exclusive content is coming to consoles. "The Lab" radio station is coming to all four platforms and the Rockstar Editor is coming to PS4 and Xbone in a future title update.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist

I tried to make a sleeper Regina but it's still agonizingly slow even with every performance upgrade :( it's nice to stare at in my garage but I'd never take it out in the lobby. I'm trying to find an unassuming, stupid car to pour money into without losing too much practicality. I'll probably have to go with a Warrener even though I'd prefer something more gigantic and obnoxious.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

T1g4h posted:

This guy knows what's up :hfive:

box neon

RolandIsNotOkay
Jun 7, 2014

is that like, -low graphics?

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
The lab, is the mp3 usb stick music playback station?

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Scyron posted:

The lab, is the mp3 usb stick music playback station?

No, Self Radio is.

Lester Shy
May 1, 2002

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
I tried Self Radio for the first time tonight. I'm already playing on a below-minimum requirements system, so I wasn't expecting great results. I didn't get the FPS drops everybody else talks about, but I did get massive input lag, where hitting the gas or turning the wheel wouldn't register for about ten seconds.

Many thanks to Brock, Hebrew and Swole for the help with Series A tonight. I had no idea the whole thing was gonna take so long when I started.

vug
Jan 23, 2015

by Cowcaster
Hey how many outfit presets you fellas got? I'm up to 6 now. Think maybe I need to "look inside myself"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Policenaut posted:

Please tell me I can get the musket on the 360. Also it's depressing only being able to play on the 360 since there's like 30 goons left and I'm not sure if they're active.

My advice is don't let your motherboard die two days after buying this for the pc. :saddowns:

• Locked thread