Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

New appliances are being delivered today :dance:

If everything goes well re: installation, I'm totally going to try that baked pear.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Nah, ain't me, Ecco is just mad that Alasdair and I share such a grand friendship.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Idk ecco is good at manipulating me

##vote ecco

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You suggested Keane, Keane was your choice. I wanted Chic!! :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

You suggested Keane, Keane was your choice. I wanted Chic!! :(

You didn't even fight to save me, Ecco?! :(

I am hurt.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
But the point is that you convinced me to not vote for you. And my gut says that you're scum and I need to pursue this.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

But the point is that you convinced me to not vote for you. And my gut says that you're scum and I need to pursue this.

I convinced you not to vote for me because I made you realize what I did was annoying to you but it didn't make me scum.

You don't doubt I RNG'd Alasdair's death, but then what do I gain from this as scum? You say "it's a gambit!" but a gambit for what? Even in the best case I get tons of suspicion and eke by not being voted today but maybe being voted tomorrow instead when someone tracks me to a kill or investigates me or kills me or keeps roleblocking me. And for what? Getting a guy who has posted 4 times out of the game? That's terrible.

It makes way more sense that, though annoying, I am just a townie who wanted Alasdair (and a handful of other players) gone solely for being non-entities, since the mod wasn't going to do it himself.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
My suspicion on Chic:

- Has not posted substantive content all game, but
- Still posts every few days, meaning she's keeping track of it, and
- Voted for both Exakt and Alasdair, meaning she's paying somewhat close attention to it.

It says to me that she's scum who is using the game's apathy to her advantage by laying low. Sure, she's in finals, and that sucks, but apparently it doesn't suck enough for her to never check the thread at all and never post (Alasdair).

##vote chic

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
Is it possible to make waffles without a waffle iron?

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I'd vote chic.

Grocery shopping today, planning to cook some awesome.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

big scary monsters posted:

Is it possible to make waffles without a waffle iron?

I was honestly just going to make them into pancakes.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Omg I made bomb rear end ramen and it is truly the bomb.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Ok I finally made my recipe. It's vegetarian, and though it doesn't *have* to be, I'm going to request 100Yrs not allow any meat substitutions for it.

I also made a bonus recipe for when you all inevitably vote me today :dance: Same rules apply.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Ewwww vegetarian food? ##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Ok I finally made my recipe. It's vegetarian, and though it doesn't *have* to be, I'm going to request 100Yrs not allow any meat substitutions for it.

I also made a bonus recipe for when you all inevitably vote me today :dance: Same rules apply.

I will replace everything in your recipe with kielbasa.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

CCKeane posted:

I will replace everything in your recipe with kielbasa.

Has just got to perform!

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Okay real talk, who is actually using the spice market? Did anyone get any interesting results last night? Seems to me at this point in a game with buyable/claimable night actions we should have at least a little to go off.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I used mint for the vig on Grandi N3 and allspice to give wall monitor an extra action N2 (which he didn't use). No N1 action because there was basically no D1 action to go off.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I bought mint during night 2 and paprika during night 3. Paprika is a spice-stealer, but ironically I had my paprika stolen from me earlier today.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Gosh guys if I knew making vegetarian dishes would have saved people from voting me I'd have made them way earlier.

Deadline is in less than a day; I am town. The stuff with Alasdair was dumb but I don't really feel badly about it; dude shouldn't have disappeared, and 100Yrs should have taken initiative on him. But I still think Chic is likely to be scum and I would way prefer people vote for her over me.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

Gosh guys if I knew making vegetarian dishes would have saved people from voting me I'd have made them way earlier.

Deadline is in less than a day; I am town. The stuff with Alasdair was dumb but I don't really feel badly about it; dude shouldn't have disappeared, and 100Yrs should have taken initiative on him. But I still think Chic is likely to be scum and I would way prefer people vote for her over me.

But wait ecco, I thought you were arguing that I was scum!!!

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

This is important, Ecco.

I thought you thought I was scum!!!

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Is anybody here? I'd like for this game not to die.

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Is anybody here? I'd like for this game not to die.

I'm here, I just keep forgetting to check it. (There is a reason why I'm taking a break from mafia after all my games run down.)

What's a good voting prospect?

wall monitor
Jan 1, 2007

Well I mean besides Harold Krell.

##vote Harold Krell

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

:unsmigghh:

wall monitor posted:

Well I mean besides Harold Krell.

##vote Harold Krell

Why are you doing this?

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

This is important, Ecco.

I thought you thought I was scum!!!

I think you're pretty worthless this game and Anonymous had a scum read on you and I've increasingly had a town read on you. I said repeatedly though that I would prefer Chic to you.

But whatever, Krell is fine too. Honestly any of you three are good in my boat. ##vote krell

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

I've increasingly had a town read on you.

*her, referring to Anonymous. Not you, that'd be dumb.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I truly believe that anyone and everyone is capable of making their dreams come true.

EccoRaven posted:

I think you're pretty worthless this game and Anonymous had a scum read on you and I've increasingly had a town read on you. I said repeatedly though that I would prefer Chic to you.

But whatever, Krell is fine too. Honestly any of you three are good in my boat. ##vote krell

This is a very stupid move, and I will personally see to it that you will regret attempting to kill me. :mad:

Rescind your vote now.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I still am convinced that Ecco is scum. It's hard for me to evaluate anyone else because I'm so convinced of this. Does anyone else think it's scummy that he's basically willing to vote for whoever? He said he'd vote chic, keane, or krell. Plus I know he thinks wall mon is scummy. So everyone is scum except him? Come on.

Harold Krell
Sep 10, 2011

I still am convinced that Ecco is scum. It's hard for me to evaluate anyone else because I'm so convinced of this. Does anyone else think it's scummy that he's basically willing to vote for whoever? He said he'd vote chic, keane, or krell. Plus I know he thinks wall mon is scummy. So everyone is scum except him? Come on.

Quite frankly, I think they're intentionally trying to be disruptive and disrespectful in this game. They've already admitted to admittedly to having a grudge against me. Not only that, but apparently for years too:

EccoRaven posted:

Full disclosure I have had Krell on ignore for years and have not read any of his posts this game.

Personally, I think they might have some psychological problems (I don't recall ever playing with this person before, so I have no idea where the hate is coming from :confused:). But from how they've been acting, they're either town trying to throw the game or scum intentionally aggravating town.

Take their first post for example:

EccoRaven posted:

Hello I am playing this game now apparently.

How do I play it why are we all making food right now I thought it was supposed to happen later?

Is it day 1 or 2? It's day 2 right?

They ended up replacing someone, yet despite the game rules already being laid out and with already a clear foundation in gameplay in place, they still ask basic questions, not even knowing what the correct day is.

And most recently, they've been vote-jumping all over the place, resulting in a bandwagon vote against me.

EccoRaven posted:

We have come to a conclusion.

##vote keane

EccoRaven posted:

My suspicion on Chic:

- Has not posted substantive content all game, but
- Still posts every few days, meaning she's keeping track of it, and
- Voted for both Exakt and Alasdair, meaning she's paying somewhat close attention to it.

It says to me that she's scum who is using the game's apathy to her advantage by laying low. Sure, she's in finals, and that sucks, but apparently it doesn't suck enough for her to never check the thread at all and never post (Alasdair).

##vote chic

EccoRaven posted:

None of this is indicative of a person who's been playing seriously, and that insult towards me is just pushing the envelope further.

At this point, I would just say vote for them anyways because they'll most likely just ignore all this, even if they were town. :(

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I am not well this morning so no deep analysis or anything, but going to follow what has been my gut instinct for much of this game and ##vote Ecco

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

EccoRaven posted:

So when Narco said that she was voting me because you convinced her, she was lying?

That doesn't bother you, being set up like that?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Idk ecco is good at manipulating me

##vote ecco

So here we are, Narco saying that she was manipulated.

Ecco comments on this for one post, then quickly moves on.

Seems like it would be a pretty big deal to me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
You all are very frustrating.

If you're in a situation where "your gut" and "your head" are i disagreement you should probably listen to your head.

- I'm not willing to vote "basically for whoever." I'm willing to vote for three players who are virtual non-entities this game: Chic, Keane, and Krell. I know we can't actually have a normal game of mafia until they are gone. Of the three I think Chic is the scummiest for the reasons I've mentioned; I think Krell is the second scummiest for that quote BSM brought up, then Keane.

- I think wall monitor is scummy because of his tunneling on Alasdair, but you convinced me that it's nothing more than gut on my part since he has other, more townie qualities, so I've dropped it.

I don't think I'm being particularly unreasonable here.

big scary monsters posted:

I am not well this morning so no deep analysis or anything, but going to follow what has been my gut instinct for much of this game and ##vote Ecco

You should instead vote for Krell, the player who made that scummy-rear end quote you found. Come on BSM I need you to be a voice of reason here since you're the only confirmed town this game.

CCKeane posted:

So when Narco said that she was voting me because you convinced her, she was lying?

That doesn't bother you, being set up like that?

I wouldn't say she was lying; the post you quoted is her re-voting me for being "manipulative," but what she meant by that was that I convinced her not to vote for me in the first place by appealing to her reason. She was doubling down on her gut as a result - not that I convinced her you're scum instead of me.

Honestly my interactions with Anonymous are really making me think she's town. Scum wouldn't be so absolutely concerned with convincing me I was scum in a masondoc; they'd have abandoned it ages ago and just towed their line without even bothering to question me.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I mean straight up you are all just voting for me because I lied to get Alasdair voted out right?

Why would any of that make sense as scum?

"Oh but Ecco you could be scum trying to WIFOM us into thinking you're town!"

WIFOM doesn't work that way. On the off-chance I actually do eke out alive today, I'm still the brunt of suspicion for the rest of the game and I'll have to eke out a survival tomorrow, and the next day, and the next. If anyone else gets a vig kill, I'm the first to go; if anyone wants to jail me, bam, I'm done performing night actions. On the off-chance I do get to perform an action, I'm now being tracked every night!

It's just a plain-old not a very good gambit for scum, especially when the alternative - shutting up and mindlessly voting Alasdair - might get the same results but keep me from dying.

===

I'm not sorry for getting Alasdair killed; dude needed to go. If nobody took the initiative on him he would be alive post-game and beyond. If he was scum, even if we Played Mafia like normal, we'd still lose. He had to go.

I'm not sorry for lying; "Alasdair is an unanswered question and we should vote for him" is considered, because of the stupid politics of our community, scummy for even being suggested since "it's not scumhunting."

I'm not sorry for prodding many of you into actual activity; if I just went ":effort: #vote alasdair" this game would remain the snoozefest it's been since the start. We never would have seen LUTR bend over backwards to defend Alasdair, we never would have seen Anonymous try to convince me I was scum, Keane wouldn't have finally roused himself from the grave. It's still pretty apathetic overall but even if I die I am going to take full credit for this game not being Snoozfia 2015. :colbert:

My only regret, the only thing I'm sorry for so far, is: I wish Alasdair had been scum. I just know there's a scum among Chic, Keane, Krell, and Alasdair (if only by statistics alone). If Alasdair had flipped scum, even if I confessed to lying the next day, nobody would be even considering voting for me today. The only reason you're doing it is because he was town, and that's really annoying, but, the RNG is a cruel master.

I'm done posting for now in my defense; if you wanna apathy-vote me that's fine, it's almost certainly not exlo today (4 scum is absurd). But, three scum is pretty standard, so yeah tomorrow will be exlo. Have fun figuring out which worthless poster is scum, though, or alternatively getting them to vote for a non-worthless poster.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Okay, so what happened is Narco is claiming you are manipulating her, but she isn't lying about that, she is just talking about how you were using reason to convince her otherwise, and she is very townie, but somehow I drop from being the scummiest in your eyes to having two more players that are scummy ahead of me.

Yer play is so weird it might be written by Beckett.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

CCKeane posted:

but somehow I drop from being the scummiest in your eyes to having two more players that are scummy ahead of me.
You were never the scummiest in my eyes, hon, of those three. We just agreed you needed to die.

Keane just vote for me already, it's getting to be scummy how you're drawing it out like this.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
I do think at least one of Keanen and Kell is scum. Grandicap is WIFOMing me from beyond the grave by having scumclaimed Krell in mason chat. :argh:

I am way too tired and hungover for this kind of game today. Still seven hours to go, I'm going to ##unvote until I can think straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

oh my god

• Locked thread