Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

NOTinuyasha posted:

I tried to make a sleeper Regina but it's still agonizingly slow even with every performance upgrade :( it's nice to stare at in my garage but I'd never take it out in the lobby. I'm trying to find an unassuming, stupid car to pour money into without losing too much practicality. I'll probably have to go with a Warrener even though I'd prefer something more gigantic and obnoxious.

Honestly I've grabbed a bati and not looked back. Yeah I'm toast if I get shot, but chases are super exciting because if I don't zip down alleys or pop a wheelie to go flying up a cliff then it's all over.

Plus people get irrationally mad in jobs when I refuse to hop in their car. Sometimes they change their tune after I driveby shotgun whoever was chasing them, but mostly they stay mad which is fine because seriously I feel safer on a motorcycle than in the passengar seat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

Robo Reagan posted:

Please tell me I can get the musket on the 360. Also it's depressing only being able to play on the 360 since there's like 30 goons left and I'm not sure if they're active.

My advice is don't let your motherboard die two days after buying this for the pc. :saddowns:

The musket was released with the independence day update so you should still be allowed to buy it, unless you were actually required to buy it on independence day and you did not.

Sebastian Flyte
Jun 27, 2003

Golly

vug posted:

Hey how many outfit presets you fellas got? I'm up to 6 now. Think maybe I need to "look inside myself"

I've used all 10 slots, and I need at least 10 more. Every time I level up, I visit the clothes store straight away, to see what's unlocked. Earlier this week I spent half the evening hanging out in the store, dressing up my character.

To me, this game is pretty much The Sims with guns.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

FallinInTheBlak posted:

The musket was released with the independence day update so you should still be allowed to buy it, unless you were actually required to buy it on independence day and you did not.

Ugh, not available unless you were on during the events. I hate that they do that poo poo.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Robo Reagan posted:

Ugh, not available unless you were on during the events. I hate that they do that poo poo.

It's bizarre because they kept the christmas stuff in. I don;t wanna wait until next february to get the tommy gun, I want it now.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

It's bizarre because they kept the christmas stuff in. I don;t wanna wait until next february to get the tommy gun, I want it now.

The Tommy Gun was released two Valentine's Days' ago. As far as I know, it wasn't released again this past February, so if you didn't get last year, you can't.
I would imagine there will be a paid DLC down the road to bring the special holiday/loyalty items to everyone.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I forgot to mention it but that article I linked about the PC version stuff coming to consoles also has a preview picture of some of the new content coming in future updates. According to Rockstar, they will have "some very cool new toys" for us to spend our money on, which I imagine starts at 5 digits minimum because the Heists update started rolling out 4-5 figure clothing items. C.R.E.A.M.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

Wee Bairns posted:

The Tommy Gun was released two Valentine's Days' ago. As far as I know, it wasn't released again this past February, so if you didn't get last year, you can't.
I would imagine there will be a paid DLC down the road to bring the special holiday/loyalty items to everyone.

I hope not. I like my elite Roosevelt club and taking heist crew members to the Pac Standard heist in it. :colbert:

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

I forgot to mention it but that article I linked about the PC version stuff coming to consoles also has a preview picture of some of the new content coming in future updates. According to Rockstar, they will have "some very cool new toys" for us to spend our money on, which I imagine starts at 5 digits minimum because the Heists update started rolling out 4-5 figure clothing items. C.R.E.A.M.

Is that a Gullwing? I don't care how much it costs I'll buy it!

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Just randomly found a Bagger driving around. That's one of the "rare" vehicles in online, isn't it?

Lafarg
Jul 23, 2012

NOTinuyasha posted:

I tried to make a sleeper Regina but it's still agonizingly slow even with every performance upgrade :( it's nice to stare at in my garage but I'd never take it out in the lobby. I'm trying to find an unassuming, stupid car to pour money into without losing too much practicality. I'll probably have to go with a Warrener even though I'd prefer something more gigantic and obnoxious.

Buy a Guardian, paint it something loud, and slam it to the ground along with all the powertrain mods. It is surprisingly quick for it's size.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

Broken Cog posted:

Just randomly found a Bagger driving around. That's one of the "rare" vehicles in online, isn't it?

Somewhat, yup. It usually only spawns when it's one of Simeon's requested vehicles.

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

RolandIsNotOkay posted:

is that like, -low graphics?

I'm running everything on High, not sure why the neon would look wonky :shrug:

Once I upgrade from a 570 to a 970 i'll be going full Ultra hopefully.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

I love it when the Del Perro pier parking lot is full of only one kind of car and it's never what Simeon's looking for.

Jesus finding a F620 is a pain.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied

Funky Valentine posted:

I love it when the Del Perro pier parking lot is full of only one kind of car and it's never what Simeon's looking for.

Jesus finding a F620 is a pain.

I'll find that car doing 100 down some back alley but when I need it it's never around.

Wiki says that pier parking and observatory but I have never found it there ever. I usually find it in Vinewood in someone's driveway in those hilly neighborhoods

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:
I have never ever completed Simeons requests, do you get a decent reward for time spent at least?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

FallinInTheBlak posted:

I have never ever completed Simeons requests, do you get a decent reward for time spent at least?

Depends on the car and where you found it.

Landstalkers and F620s give good returns, FQ2s give some decent change (also common as poo poo).

It's a consistent salary, at the very least.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

FallinInTheBlak posted:

If it's an F620, it's 12k. There is an achievement for exporting vehicles. But nothing special.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Simeon's missions usually pay around 7k for the cars that aren't hard to find, minus any damages and minus ~780 for paint, oh yea and you have to get rid of a 2 star police rating once you take the car and drive all the way to the southern docks. So, they are actually kind of awful. Selling a Baller or Felon every 45 minutes is way easier and pays more.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

VulgarandStupid posted:

Simeon's missions usually pay around 7k for the cars that aren't hard to find, minus any damages and minus ~780 for paint, oh yea and you have to get rid of a 2 star police rating once you take the car and drive all the way to the southern docks. So, they are actually kind of awful. Selling a Baller or Felon every 45 minutes is way easier and pays more.

Where do Ballers even spawn. Franklin's neighborhood?

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
I always do the F620 when it's requested because the payout is good and it spawns without fail at the lower pier parking lot.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?

Policenaut posted:

The PC version exclusive content is coming to consoles. "The Lab" radio station is coming to all four platforms and the Rockstar Editor is coming to PS4 and Xbone in a future title update.

Lock And Load is legitimately one of my favourite songs in the game. It's a surprisingly good station!

E: For GTA5 hardcore difficulty mode, try driving a Blade in first person. Not challenging enough? Make your character duck down in his seat. In oncoming traffic :black101:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 18:27 on May 8, 2015

Scyron
Aug 27, 2005

I am sure a hacker knows all about rewarding and accomplished behavior. I mean, raping a chick with some mickeys is the same is getting laid right? Same result amirite guys? Nothing like work and not having to do it and get that sweet sweet payoff. :smug:
Also you can't be in passive anymore. It disables it and will kick you out of passive for getting in the vehicle. I found this out the hard way, by getting bombed 2 times, while I knew I was suppose to be in passive mode. Kind of fun and makes going after whoever is in one, more fun. Just wish it wasn't so much a haha you wasted money on a paint job, rather than just get the car there in one piece.

Akion
May 7, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Scyron posted:

Also you can't be in passive anymore. It disables it and will kick you out of passive for getting in the vehicle. I found this out the hard way, by getting bombed 2 times, while I knew I was suppose to be in passive mode. Kind of fun and makes going after whoever is in one, more fun. Just wish it wasn't so much a haha you wasted money on a paint job, rather than just get the car there in one piece.

I usually steal the high priority export vehicle, put a remote bomb in it at LSC and then let someone else steal it.

Right before they get to Simeon's place I send them a text that just says "Boom" and detonate it.

I also used to keep a stock-looking Phoenix on PS3 to do this with. It was my personal car (insured) but it was also rare so I could count on pubbies blasting me and stealing it if they saw me in it.

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Akion posted:

I usually steal the high priority export vehicle, put a remote bomb in it at LSC and then let someone else steal it.

Right before they get to Simeon's place I send them a text that just says "Boom" and detonate it.

I also used to keep a stock-looking Phoenix on PS3 to do this with. It was my personal car (insured) but it was also rare so I could count on pubbies blasting me and stealing it if they saw me in it.

I used to like taking the vehicle and putting an ignition bomb in it. Then I would just drive around until someone killed me for it and then once they got in thinking they were going to make some money, boom.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

vug posted:

Hey how many outfit presets you fellas got? I'm up to 6 now. Think maybe I need to "look inside myself"

You're a scrub if you haven't filled all the slots and desperately want more, but usually end up just running around in the same outfit anyway.

Hobnob
Feb 23, 2006

Ursa Adorandum

VulgarandStupid posted:

Also selling to Simeon doesn't take into account any mods on the car. I found one of the modded Sentinel XS spawns in Vinewood, which sells for just under $15k at a mod shop. It happened to be on Simeon's list, so I took it to him (in perfect condition) thinking I might get bonus cash, but no, it only paid out the normal $9k.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Funky Valentine posted:

Where do Ballers even spawn. Franklin's neighborhood?

Pretty much in any of the high end apartment areas.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Has anyone done any of the elite heist challenges? They seem pretty absurd, like getting from Rashkovsky to the parachute in 4:40. How do you even do that? You'd have to get to the swat van in like 1m30.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I blew up some guy's thing and insurance charged me all of my money. I'm just retarded and missed something, right? There's no way for me to do anything to an armored vehicle going on a rampage short of blowing it up and I don't want to believe that I lose money for that poo poo because the dude ran me over five loving times.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
You blow up someone else's personal vehicle, you pay for it. Welcome to GTAO!

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I can't begin to describe how mind-numbingly idiotic of a development choice that was to make.

There's at least poo poo I can do to get them off me right? Shoot the tires, something? Shooting the driver is tough for me since I'm not used to console shooters.

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Robo Reagan posted:

So I blew up some guy's thing and insurance charged me all of my money. I'm just retarded and missed something, right? There's no way for me to do anything to an armored vehicle going on a rampage short of blowing it up and I don't want to believe that I lose money for that poo poo because the dude ran me over five loving times.

According to goons you simply shoot him in the head through the narrow slit while he is driving at 80 mph then dive out the way before the car hits you. But yeah GTA Online is basically Bad Decisions: The Video Game so gently caress you.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

CJ posted:

Has anyone done any of the elite heist challenges? They seem pretty absurd, like getting from Rashkovsky to the parachute in 4:40. How do you even do that? You'd have to get to the swat van in like 1m30.

Me and a friend are grinding the Fleeca heist elite challenge every day now. It pays pretty well, at about an average of 120k per run, which isn't bad for 20 min of work. You can only do it once a day though.

The restrictions are ridiculously strict, for the Fleeca heist you pretty much have to start from the Alta St apartment, otherwise you'll fail on the time limit.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Robo Reagan posted:

I can't begin to describe how mind-numbingly idiotic of a development choice that was to make.

There's at least poo poo I can do to get them off me right? Shoot the tires, something? Shooting the driver is tough for me since I'm not used to console shooters.

go into passive mode and ignore them, or stay out of freeroam because freeroam is dumb and bad.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Psion posted:

go into passive mode and ignore them, or stay out of freeroam because freeroam is dumb and bad.

Passive doesn't ghost you on the 360. :rip:

I like freeroam because I get to be a dick it's just kind of a downer when I finally manage to do something about an armored vehicle then lose all my loving money.

If i'm broke do they get anything? Ammo is cheap and I don't need much else so if I can be broke and still wage jihad then it's all good.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 8, 2015

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

Broken Cog posted:

Me and a friend are grinding the Fleeca heist elite challenge every day now. It pays pretty well, at about an average of 120k per run, which isn't bad for 20 min of work. You can only do it once a day though.

The restrictions are ridiculously strict, for the Fleeca heist you pretty much have to start from the Alta St apartment, otherwise you'll fail on the time limit.

Yeah the Fleeca one i could see as being doable because there is not shooting involved, but i don't understand how the Prison Break one is possible. Can you do it with the mission set to easy? I've never done easy but maybe you can just run and gun through all the Noose then?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The design choice to be able to get the armored Kuruma outside of the Fleeca Heist is what is truly the bad decision, as it trivializes all of the NPCs that don't have explosives... Which I think is all of them.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

CJ posted:

Clock starts when you find Rashkovsky. The Velum needs to land on the road right by the prison. Here's a video walkthrough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

geeves posted:

Clock starts when you find Rashkovsky. The Velum needs to land on the road right by the prison. Here's a video walkthrough

Wow, the shooting sections seem ridiculously easier with auto-aim. I'd like to see someone do this on PC.

• Locked thread