Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Alan Smithee posted:

join titan job, put us in the drat ocean. what. the. gently caress.

You start where the host was located when he started the job, sometimes they do that when they're in planes or boats. I know I've started missions which ended putting us high up in the mountains.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 25 hours!

Alan Smithee posted:

Guess they wanted you to steal the Titanic instead :haw:

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Alan Smithee posted:

Had a pub crash the plane on Prison Break four times in a row earlier.

Church Ladyboy
Oct 11, 2007

SQUAWK

deadlyrhetoric posted:

Had a pub crash the plane on Prison Break four times in a row earlier.

Flying around in a circle is so hard!!!!!!!

E: I turned voice chat on briefly, after a bunch of people I heisted with complained I didn't have it on.
Obscenities and allah ahkbars 24/7. Turned voice chat off again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

How do heists work anyway? I've only played the Fleeca one where Lester fronts the money. Is the host automatically out of all that cash if a pubbie I gently caress up horribly? Or is it just required to start it?

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

SplitSoul posted:

How do heists work anyway? I've only played the Fleeca one where Lester fronts the money. Is the host automatically out of all that cash if a pubbie I gently caress up horribly? Or is it just required to start it?

It's just required to start the heist.

knockout
Apr 27, 2014

my reputation's never been worse, so

Jossos posted:

E: I turned voice chat on briefly, after a bunch of people I heisted with complained I didn't have it on.

GTAO Voicechat is insufferable. It's like having Youtube comments read at you.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

SplitSoul posted:

You only need to pay the heist setup fee once. You can gently caress up each setup mission afterwards hundreds of times, and all you lose is whatever ammo you used during them.

The only time you need to repay the heist setup fee is when you've done all the heists and have decided you want to do them over again.

SplitSoul
Dec 31, 2000

Cool beans. I will join them without worry in the future, then.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCjudPQHZM

So glad draft is in the game. I was really shocked the guy in the white car didn't try and put me in the wall as I went by.

Pleads
Jun 9, 2005

pew pew pew

Tennis AND arm wrestling for today's dailies...

Yeah, no thanks.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Pleads posted:

Tennis AND arm wrestling for today's dailies...

Yeah, no thanks.

Arm Wrestling takes like 30 seconds. For tennis, it doesn't seem like you need to play an entire set, I had it as a daily a couple of days ago, and it registered when the opponent left after 2 games.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Buck Turgidson posted:

Passive mode is about as fun as it sounds, especially if there are tonnes of players in one area but only one guy in an armoured car... means you miss out on the fun. I think I found one way of getting the driver if they're side-on, I had good luck just shooting the door frame. Shooting through the slits... eh doesn't seem to work half the time, especially with the crummy weapons I have.

Also it's really lame when you join a mission and some dude has the armoured car and does the mission effortlessly.

I did a few missions with someone in the Hind ripoff attack heli and I'd say it sucked being completely useless as a god of death rained down fire from above, but the money was nice

My experience with kuruma drivers is they drive around and completely wreck the combat objectives aka ruin the fun for everyone else. For anything else, at best they will sit there and refuse to leave the car. At worst they'll actively try to gently caress with the rest of us while we complete the mission for them.

Robo Reagan fucked around with this message at 18:16 on May 9, 2015

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Athanatos posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_gCjudPQHZM

So glad draft is in the game. I was really shocked the guy in the white car didn't try and put me in the wall as I went by.

Looks like he tried, but his reaction time was too slow. He swerves right just after you pass him right as he goes off camera.

Would have been a no win maneuver anyway. The speed he would lose from hitting you would have let the car to the left of him win.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Thanks to all you LLJKers who helped me knock out 3/4 of the prison job segments. I wanted to finish it off but Online mode decided to start dropping me. Oh well, another time.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Did they ever fix the cop uniform bug? I'm on 360 and going to transfer to pc but can't remember how they patched it.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Songbearer posted:

Guess they wanted you to steal the Titanic instead :haw:

They really should have a cruise heist since payday doesn't have one

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Looks like the hackers are back after a quiet week. Todays treats were a guy with infinite rockets that could shoot from passive mode, and a guy with a machine gun that shot RPGs, also, instaspawning cars.

I'll do that poo poo like a motherfucker offline, but you need to a be a megashitlord to do it online.

Also I bought a Faggio but even with 100K of upgrades, it's still asstastic. Am I missing something?

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
Would anyone like to do Series A with us? We're going to do the whole thing through. Last time a goon join he just jumped off a building over and over to make us fail until we disbanded so as long as you can do better than that you're good.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

frankenbeans posted:

Looks like the hackers are back after a quiet week. Todays treats were a guy with infinite rockets that could shoot from passive mode, and a guy with a machine gun that shot RPGs, also, instaspawning cars.

I'll do that poo poo like a motherfucker offline, but you need to a be a megashitlord to do it online.

Also I bought a Faggio but even with 100K of upgrades, it's still asstastic. Am I missing something?

The Faggio is always asstastic, but it gets noticeably better if you have the max performance upgrades on it.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Good hunter, free us from this waking nightmare

Jossos posted:

If you're not belting out the takbir when blowing up police then what the heck man

coupedeville
Jan 1, 2012

MY ANACONDA DOM'T WANT NONE UNLESS U GOT CUM SON!

PaybackJack posted:

Thanks to all you LLJKers who helped me knock out 3/4 of the prison job segments. I wanted to finish it off but Online mode decided to start dropping me. Oh well, another time.
Glad to help out with bagging that Casco.

CJ posted:

Would anyone like to do Series A with us? We're going to do the whole thing through. Last time a goon join he just jumped off a building over and over to make us fail until we disbanded so as long as you can do better than that you're good.

CJ, if you're on PC I'm down. Social Club is c0upedeville with a zero add me and we'll get some sweet dirty heist action.

coupedeville fucked around with this message at 19:32 on May 9, 2015

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe
I can confirm coupedeville is a chill goon and you should do missions/heists with him.

If I'm online you can throw me an invite too, I'm glad to help (astronominex on PC).

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

frankenbeans posted:

Wheelie to get up to speed quickly.

texasmed
May 27, 2004

Mexicat posted:

The Karuma is simply lame as hell.

On another note, is that 6 seater truck on the super auto website any good? Vapid guardian I think it's called.

It's a late response I guess, but the Guardian is okay. It's a little faster than the sandking but has just about as much 'pushing power' when hitting poo poo, and the sandking has a way higher body so you can actually monster truck over cars.

I'd keep a Sandking until you can get an Insurgent, if you're looking for a car in the offroad category. Later on at rank 100, the Dubsta 6x6 is supposed to be really nice.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR

texasmed posted:

It's a little faster than the sandking but has just about as much 'pushing power' when hitting poo poo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dv2TD5WfuI&hd=1

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Just found a hopped up rat loader in the paleto bay gas station parking lot that sold for $11k. drove around the block and came back and there was another one parked there.

Easy way for a little bit of cash if you're hard up.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
Love my Kuruma though. Took this just after bashing some idiot off a cliff in it.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Rockstar, let me buy a fourth apartment!!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

FallinInTheBlak posted:

Rockstar, let me buy a fourth apartment!! all the apartments

I'm half tempted to sell my entire racing garage to build a classic garage.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Is it me or is Prison Break actually one of the hardest heist finales? I just finished Series A and that was basically as trivial as most lester/martin contact missions.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

:siren::siren:Important Crew Information:siren::siren:

Cross-posting from the crew thread:

FallinInTheBlak posted:

71 people were removed from the crew and the following 71 people have been removed from the waiting list having received LLJK invites:

Out of the 71 people invited there are still 45 people who haven't accepted their invites. Please try to accept them as soon as next Wednesday I am probably going to open up these remaining slots again and then you may end up having to wait for another slot to become vacant.

wafflemoose
Apr 10, 2009

Any idea why I keep getting err_gfx_d3d_init errors after finishing some jobs when running full screen? Seems to happen most frequently with Titan of a Job. If I run windowed I never get the error. Specs are i5 3470k, GTX970, 8GB ram.

0haiThere
Feb 18, 2015

Looks like you're in the barrel today.

Fishstick posted:

Is it me or is Prison Break actually one of the hardest heist finales? I just finished Series A and that was basically as trivial as most lester/martin contact missions.

I ended up doing prison break from start to finish with a group of russians and zero communication. It wasn't too bad.

I wish they'd add a region/language match system though.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Starhawk64 posted:

Any idea why I keep getting err_gfx_d3d_init errors after finishing some jobs when running full screen? Seems to happen most frequently with Titan of a Job. If I run windowed I never get the error. Specs are i5 3470k, GTX970, 8GB ram.

If you're using DirectX 11 switch to DirectX 10 and see if that solves your problem. If it doesn't then from what I've seen some people are having luck with underclocking their GPU.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

New strategy for "meth" in the series A heist.

I grabbed a truck off the highway, ran in and stole the tanker and hosed off while the other dudes were shooting guys. I got it back to trevor's gas station just as they killed enough bad guys to trigger the "steal the meth" objective.

BombermanX
Jan 13, 2011

I'm afraid of other people's opinions when they differ from my own. Please do not hurt my feelings.

Powershift posted:

New strategy for "meth" in the series A heist.

I grabbed a truck off the highway, ran in and stole the tanker and hosed off while the other dudes were shooting guys. I got it back to trevor's gas station just as they killed enough bad guys to trigger the "steal the meth" objective.

loving genius.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

geeves posted:

Wheelie to get up to speed quickly.

Ah, that makes things better, thanks. I'm probably going to buy all the upgrades, see what I can get out of that bad boy.

SisterFister
Oct 31, 2005

I'm sure you and your 37 dollars will prove to be quite the legal sensation

FallinInTheBlak posted:

:siren::siren:Important Crew Information:siren::siren:

Cross-posting from the crew thread:

Out of the 71 people invited there are still 45 people who haven't accepted their invites. Please try to accept them as soon as next Wednesday I am probably going to open up these remaining slots again and then you may end up having to wait for another slot to become vacant.

So are you just removing people from the crew at random or what? Can I have my LLJK tag back? I am a GTA superstar and will not put up with this poo poo

PSN: Pootbarn
Rockstar: http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/leonard_hatred

EDIT: Thanks Geeves!!

SisterFister fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arcella
Dec 16, 2013

Shiny and Chrome
Anyone up for Pacific Standard on PC? It's be signal through the finale, I've got the apartment near the bikes so we can try the armored Kuruma getaway trick on the finale.

RSC: iloveperkins

• Locked thread