Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bill Walton is a national treasure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

sba posted:

@MichelleDBeadle
I, along with @Rachel__Nichols, have been banned from the MGM Grand Arena for the fight tonight by the Mayweather camp. #TheFightGame

Is it bad I really hope Mayweather gets his rear end beat tonight?

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

FuzzySkinner posted:

Is it bad I really hope Mayweather gets his rear end beat tonight?

yes it is a horrible outrage that you want the serial woman abuser to lose

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

blech

quote:

Wilbon’s lengthy and nonsensical response implored viewers to understand the context of boxing, yes, but that none of Mayweather’s charges are new and that Mayweather’s critics are just new to boxing, “wild-eyed” and “naïve.” ... “There’s a long history of boxers in trouble. Criminal trouble, much of it domestic violence,”

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Bill Walton is a national treasure.
I dunno if he still does it but Walton used to do a show on Deep Tracks XM Radio (I think) and he would tell stories about his basketball playing days that would somehow tie into going to a Grateful Dead show the same night (Bill is a HUGE Deadhead) and introduced the G.D. track he'd play next.

All his story was missing was buying a tab of 'tickets' in the parking lot for the Dead show he attended but through his recollections it was heavily implied but never said.

My hippie friend turned me onto to his show and I couldn't help but laugh as Walton waxed nostalgically about winning or losing a particular basketball game but the Dead were in town so he went to the show and had a great time.

TL;DR: Walton loved to drop Vitamin A.

Robnoxious fucked around with this message at 07:47 on May 3, 2015

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

Holy poo poo, this is an amazingly horrifying sizzling take.

I hope Wilbon addresses the responce to it and tells us to get this JUNK outta here cuz he's a midwestern boy from the south side of Chicago and that's just how it is

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Wilbon begging to be friends with athletes has to be one of the more pathetic things going on at ESPN. Sad the company hires sycophants desperate for athlete acceptance instead of actual journalists.

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

sba posted:

@MichelleDBeadle
I, along with @Rachel__Nichols, have been banned from the MGM Grand Arena for the fight tonight by the Mayweather camp. #TheFightGame

Why, exactly?

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Retail Slave posted:

Why, exactly?

Because they don't ignore the fact that Mayweather is a piece of poo poo woman beater.

BasicFunk
Feb 26, 2011

How's your Funkentelechy?

Niwrad posted:

Wilbon begging to be friends with athletes has to be one of the more pathetic things going on at ESPN. Sad the company hires sycophants desperate for athlete acceptance instead of actual journalists.

I guess they think that being buddy buddy with athletes gets them the "inside scoop" and the kind of access they need to do special interviews, 30 for 30 specials, and such.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

BasicFunk posted:

I guess they think that being buddy buddy with athletes gets them the "inside scoop" and the kind of access they need to do special interviews, 30 for 30 specials, and such.
Or you could pull a Pedro Gomez and be buddy-buddy when it is profitable for you, then proceed to destroy the same guy you buddied up to for years when it no longer matters

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/mark-jackson-defends-mayweather-pretends-to-be-boxing-1701894262/+bubbaprog

Mark Jackson I think...is perhaps the worst color commentator in pro sports.

I seriously am struggling to think of someone as bad as him.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

FuzzySkinner posted:

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/mark-jackson-defends-mayweather-pretends-to-be-boxing-1701894262/+bubbaprog

Mark Jackson I think...is perhaps the worst color commentator in pro sports.

I seriously am struggling to think of someone as bad as him.

Reggie Miller

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Crazy Ted posted:

Reggie Miller

Miller is bad, but, he's kind of neutralized by TNT's superb coverage of the NBA. Marv Albert is probably THE voice of Pro Basketball, plus you got that chemistry going on with the studio group, and Craig Sager is really good at his job (Leukemia can gently caress off).

Even the "B-Team" guys like Kevin Harlan, Dick Stockton, and Kevin Colabro are all excellent.

Jackson is kind of like the anti-Charles Barkley in a lot of ways (who is the best).

chunkles
Aug 14, 2005

i am completely immersed in darkness
as i turn my body away from the sun
Kevin Harlan is not B-Team you monster.

Jackson is bad but it's really the constant axe grinding with the Warriors, which they let him cover for some bizarre reason.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

http://www.sbnation.com/lookit/2015/5/5/8557947/ernie-johnson-emmy-stuart-scott-daughters

:unsmith:

The best on and off screen. Wow.

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Holy cow, that's a touching gesture. What a nice thing to do.

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

I don't follow the NBA but I love the studio segments with EJ Jr, Sir Charles and Kenny when I catch them.

EJ is all class anyways but that move cements it in more way than one.

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Just thought I'd post this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-qLQtW5EmM

I don't even really watch basketball but I love the TNT NBA Crew, they have the best chemistry and every studio show should strive to be half as entertaining as these guys.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Mind_Taker posted:

Just thought I'd post this here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-qLQtW5EmM

I don't even really watch basketball but I love the TNT NBA Crew, they have the best chemistry and every studio show should strive to be half as entertaining as these guys.

This didn't even have the lip-sync war!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ2ZWp66JMY&t=1036s

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/shut-the-gently caress-up-bob-costas-1703003250/+bubbaprog

Dutchy
Jul 8, 2010
Proven staying power: guy who just retired, other guy who just retired, and cal ripken.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

deadspin comments actually had a good one.

quote:

He’s right. Remember Mike Tyson? He was a famous fighter from the 80’s who rose to fame through his vicious knockout prowess. He was all flash. Inevitably he faded to bolivia after his flash caught up to him and he went to prison for something or another and then lost some fights probably. Now, none of you remember his name and he has been out of the public eye for decades. Here’s his Wikipedia page in case you forgot his name. I had to fast forward to the credits of The Hangover just to remember his name!

Also I love the "Look at me" Athlete. About the only one I didn't really like was Terrell Owens, aside from that? Loved them.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
TO owns a lot.

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

MourningView posted:

TO owns a lot.

I don't know why, but he just rubbed me the wrong way.

Great player, but he just came off as a tad bit selfish. His celebrations were fun to watch in spite of that.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
He literally broke down in tears because people were mean to his buddy and teammate Tony Romo.

Shapur
Apr 2, 2010

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/tom-brady-and-the-culture-of-white-crime-a-serious-column/?utm_vicesportstwitter

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

I can't stop laughing.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Editor's Note: I have no idea is a great touch.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Crazy Ted posted:

Editor's Note: I have no idea is a great touch.

It was a great way to let me know I was in for a treat.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

That's a true :master:

Ramadu
Aug 25, 2004

2015 NFL MVP

Incredible

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
So Turner re-upped their deals with everyone on the Inside The NBA crew.

Good news: Barkley is sticking around.

Bad news: Shaq is sticking around.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

FOX's coverage of the US Open was largely a disaster, and there are 10,000 complaints I can voice about Joe Buck, but god drat if he isn't one of the very few people who knows to shut the gently caress up at big moments and let the crowd and players tell the story. They also did a great job of keeping mics aimed at the players so we could hear them chatting with their caddies and yelling at the ball.

Aside from that, good lord their coverage could not have been a much bigger mess.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

FOX's coverage of the US Open was largely a disaster, and there are 10,000 complaints I can voice about Joe Buck, but god drat if he isn't one of the very few people who knows to shut the gently caress up at big moments and let the crowd and players tell the story. They also did a great job of keeping mics aimed at the players so we could hear them chatting with their caddies and yelling at the ball.

Aside from that, good lord their coverage could not have been a much bigger mess.

11 more years to get it right.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

When you're the BBC and you have practically unlimited money, you should probably find a better way to express support for the English women's soccer team - currently in the quarterfinals at the World Cup - than what is pictured below:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
:perfect:

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Crazy Ted posted:

When you're the BBC and you have practically unlimited money, you should probably find a better way to express support for the English women's soccer team - currently in the quarterfinals at the World Cup - than what is pictured below:

loving :lol:

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Crazy Ted posted:

This is amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robnoxious
Feb 17, 2004

Crazy Ted posted:

Oi... fancy a wank on our footy birds?
INNIT!