Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Something weird is happening with the picture in the first post on this page:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3493762&perpage=40&pagenumber=929#pti1

It's a timg of a 550-ish px picture inside url tags with a link to the larger version of the picture.

It shows correctly when quoted and it shows correctly when the post is marked as read. When seeing it as a new post, I'm on a slow enough computer to see it display correctly and then get replaced by imgur's "this picture is not available anymore" placeholder. Works correctly with SALR disabled.

Now I know the forums used to gently caress up occasionally with imgur's thumbnail size suffixes when they changed their url format to have more letters in the filename, but this time it seems to be an error on SALR's side? At least I'm assuming that is what this is about.

I think, but am not positive, this got fixed on the forum's side last year and I'm now seeing SALR trying to compensate for an error that is not taking place anymore. Maybe?

I have SALR set to convert links to pictures and to resize pics wider than 1000px, so somewhere in those processes then?

Appreciating the recent updates by the way.

Looks like it's a slightly different symptom of the forum bug since last year - the related SALR issue on github has the same cause, too.

The forums are inserting a broken link to an image that was removed from imgur, but imgur returns a valid image saying it was removed. Normally those broken image links redirect to things that aren't an image, which SALR detects and doesn't convert (this was our solution when the problem first showed up). However, since it's a valid image, SALR's link-to-image conversion is happily converting it.

We may need to add an ugly hack for this after all. :sigh:

astral fucked around with this message at 20:33 on May 2, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Looks like you need to make a special, non-converting case of linked images ?????ss, ?????tt, ?????ll, but only if they are an url link surrounding an img link to ?????s, ?????t, ?????l (where ????? is the same).

Is that it?

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

Looks like you need to make a special, non-converting case of linked images ?????ss, ?????tt, ?????ll, but only if they are an url link surrounding an img link to ?????s, ?????t, ?????l (where ????? is the same).

Is that it?

Yes, something like that. I committed a hacky workaround that will show up in the next build. As a result, some properly-formatted thumbnail links to full images will not be converted, but it was pretty much either that or query imgur's API each time this was encountered to see if they were the same image.

e: Though, the more I think about it, an extra JSON request in such a rare case while the image conversion is already making all those extra requests for the new images anyway probably isn't that big a deal...

astral fucked around with this message at 09:28 on May 3, 2015

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...
I found a bug in the youtube title scraper. It seems to be scraping the title of this video incorrectly: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=444940587&forumid=167

For me at least, it shows up like this: . Not sure what the problem might be, and it's the only video I've seen so far that's had a problem with the title scraper.

Edit: found a couple more on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3493510&perpage=40&pagenumber=85

Edit 2: it seems to be an issue with either youtube or SALR, because now all videos are being titled like that. Tried ctrl+f5, but they're still showing up like that. Using Firefox 37.0.2 in Ubuntu 14.04.

Edit 3: restarting the browser didn't fix the issue.

Schizophrenic Orb fucked around with this message at 19:41 on May 5, 2015

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Schizophrenic Orb posted:

I found a bug in the youtube title scraper. It seems to be scraping the title of this video incorrectly: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?action=showpost&postid=444940587&forumid=167

For me at least, it shows up like this: . Not sure what the problem might be, and it's the only video I've seen so far that's had a problem with the title scraper.

Edit: found a couple more on this page: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3493510&perpage=40&pagenumber=85

Edit 2: it seems to be an issue with either youtube or SALR, because now all videos are being titled like that. Tried ctrl+f5, but they're still showing up like that. Using Firefox 37.0.2 in Ubuntu 14.04.

Edit 3: restarting the browser didn't fix the issue.

Thanks for testing this. Please visit this link and copy&paste the result into a [code] tag. I do have an idea of what might be happening already (YouTube is killing off the older version of its API for more devices), but having that output would be handy.

e: After grabbing that output, feel free to try this test build which uses the newer YouTube API version.

astral fucked around with this message at 22:42 on May 5, 2015

Schizophrenic Orb
Nov 16, 2009

Intriguing...

astral posted:

Thanks for testing this. Please visit this link and copy&paste the result into a code tag. I do have an idea of what might be happening already (YouTube is killing off the older version of its API for more devices), but having that output would be handy.

e: After grabbing that output, feel free to try this test build which uses the newer YouTube API version.

code:
{"version":"1.0","encoding":"UTF-8","entry":{"xmlns":"http://www.w3.org/2005/Atom","title":{"$t":"Kickstarter Video"}}}
The test build seems to have fixed the issue!

Magnus Praeda
Jul 18, 2003
The largess in the land.
I reset my Firefox yesterday and reinstalled the SALR extension (newest version). Now, regardless of what setting I choose, I don't see unread counts in the User CP (either on their own line or inline). I do have the "go to last post" button on threads with unread replies showing up.

Also, when I try to use Quick Reply, I get this:

edit: Testing quick reply

edit edit: Quick Edit Works Now

edit edit edit: and now my unread counts are back in the User CP

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.150505:siren:

Notes:
  • Fixed forum-broken imgur links causing unexpected images to appear with SALR's link-to-image converter.
  • Removed forum-added blue border from SALR video embeds (most noticeable when fullscreening).
  • Fixed error for new SALR databases since v1.99.150430 (affected users' databases are automatically fixed upon updating).
  • Updated API version for YouTube video title getter.

Recent notes:
(v1.99.150430):
  • Show a YouTube icon with embeddable YouTube links (replaces forums video tag icon).
  • Thread database cleanup.

astral fucked around with this message at 01:55 on May 9, 2015

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.150506:siren:

Notes:
  • Added Youtube video title fetcher (default: OFF)
    • This feature may be enabled in the "Threads" preference pane.
    • If you have both SALR's video embedder and this feature enabled, SALR will query Google's YouTube API for a video title as long as the link's poster didn't give the link a title or image of their own.
    • SALR caches title results until browser restart to prevent unnecessary web requests.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Thanks so much for the Youtube titles; I had no idea I needed that so badly.

Mad Doctor Cthulhu
Mar 3, 2008

astral posted:

:siren: v1.99.150506:siren:

Notes:
  • Added Youtube video title fetcher (default: OFF)
    • This feature may be enabled in the "Threads" preference pane.
    • If you have both SALR's video embedder and this feature enabled, SALR will query Google's YouTube API for a video title as long as the link's poster didn't give the link a title or image of their own.
    • SALR caches title results until browser restart to prevent unnecessary web requests.

Flipperwaldt posted:

Thanks so much for the Youtube titles; I had no idea I needed that so badly.

Neither did I. Thanks! It works wonderfully.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.150508:siren:

Notes:
  • Quick Post Live Preview enhancements:
    • Enhanced Quick Post's CSS to more closely mirror the forums.
    • Live Preview now uses Patrick Gillespie's awesome XBBCode module for parsing BBCode. This means nested tags should now display properly, BBCode should no longer be parsed within code/php blocks, etc.
    • Known issue: smilies are still parsed in Live Preview within code/php blocks.
    • Known issue: quick preview still scrolls all the way to the bottom every time it updates.
  • Fixed image converter breaking under certain conditions for links with text describing them.

astral fucked around with this message at 07:44 on May 9, 2015

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?
Anyone else not getting embedded YouTube videos playiong at the resolution chosen in the SALR options
I'm running v1.99.150508

astral
Apr 26, 2004

lovely Treat posted:

Anyone else not getting embedded YouTube videos playiong at the resolution chosen in the SALR options
I'm running v1.99.150508

Just checked into this and it looks like Google itself recently broke or disabled support for choosing resolutions ahead of time (neither the way SALR does it nor the way the forums embeds do it are currently working). I'll try to see if some new method of specifying resolution ahead of time has appeared over the years.

e: Looks like it can be done through a different, slightly more complicated method. If the older method(s) don't fix themselves before too long, I'll try to set aside some time to work on implementing it. Google :argh:

astral fucked around with this message at 20:28 on May 9, 2015

Shitty Treat
Feb 21, 2012

Stoopid?

astral posted:

Just checked into this and it looks like Google itself recently broke or disabled support for choosing resolutions ahead of time (neither the way SALR does it nor the way the forums embeds do it are currently working). I'll try to see if some new method of specifying resolution ahead of time has appeared over the years.

e: Looks like it can be done through a different, slightly more complicated method. If the older method(s) don't fix themselves before too long, I'll try to set aside some time to work on implementing it. Google :argh:

OK thanks for checking it out.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

:siren: v1.99.150513:siren:

Notes:
  • Increased default video embed size to be large/480p video (up from medium/360p video).
  • Fixed missing background color in color prefpane for BYOB settings.

IMPORTANT FUTURE COMPATIBILITY NOTE: This is probably the last legacy extension update for SALR. Future versions will be restartless, updating and installing without requiring you to restart your browser each time. :toot: (Please note that when SALR updates to become restartless, Firefox will still have to restart once to properly disable the old legacy version.)

The trade-off for all this is that really old browser versions will no longer be supported by SALR as of the next version. Tentatively, the minimum Firefox version we're going to claim to support will be Firefox 10.0.

More information will be forthcoming.

astral fucked around with this message at 00:05 on May 14, 2015

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2920891&pagenumber=192

Got here an example of how the new handling for imgur's native thumbnails now apparently bypasses salr's own max width resizing thing, resulting in a table breaking picture in Don Lapre's post.

It's not one of those super special ss, ll, tt cases, just a regular use of l linking to the fullsize picture.

e: With the setting to convert links to pictures and resize pics to a max width of 1000px, of course.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2920891&pagenumber=192

Got here an example of how the new handling for imgur's native thumbnails now apparently bypasses salr's own max width resizing thing, resulting in a table breaking picture in Don Lapre's post.

It's not one of those super special ss, ll, tt cases, just a regular use of l linking to the fullsize picture.

e: With the setting to convert links to pictures and resize pics to a max width of 1000px, of course.

Good find; fixed that for the next version.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

I was also trying the "convert images to links in read posts" option and it seems to apply that to some but not all smilies. :feelsgood: for one seems to get converted to a link then. There may be a reason for it, but it struck me as an unintended inconcistency. This could be a matter of adding another somethingawful server that apparently serves images to an array somewhere, in which case, wahey. Otherwise, never mind.

Got me thinking about a feature request, I guess. Which is for an option for image links to also behave like youtube/webm links in the sense that they individually embed when you click on them. Like, I wouldn't set salr to convert all image links to embedded pictures automatically if I could embed on demand. The fact that clicking the salr created link to that emoticon took me away from the page was actually confusing for a moment, until I realized that, yes, that's how image links behave normally. That's how spoiled rotten the other embedding on demand has made me :)

Would save on opening new tabs for links that didn't get converted for nws reasons, spot checking links created in read posts, not having to pre-load gigantic gifs or pics that were linked for file size and stuff like that and it makes sense to me for them to behave like other media inlining. Which is all just comfort and nothing else.

Don't know if that idea strikes a chord with you. I would think technically the building blocks are already there, but I'm blind to the eventual complications, so whatever.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Some smilies accidentally converting to links fixed for the next version. I admit to not using any of those image converting features, but that doesn't sound like a bad idea to me; most of the framework should indeed already be there. It would either need a different link background color than the videos to signify "this is an image link" or maybe a little image icon can be put in sort of like like the video icon - we even already have an image icon that we use in the quick post window. I'll make a note to look into it.

astral fucked around with this message at 21:02 on May 14, 2015

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Sweet. Thanks for your time, whatever comes of it.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are
astral, will part of the changes to deprecate very old Firefox support include electrolysis support? My developer version just offered me the ability to enable it and I did, but it breaks SALR at the moment. This bums me out, I <3 SALR.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Tivac posted:

astral, will part of the changes to deprecate very old Firefox support include electrolysis support? My developer version just offered me the ability to enable it and I did, but it breaks SALR at the moment. This bums me out, I <3 SALR.

I just tested and the legacy version of SALR works fine under Electrolysis with the compatibility shim in Nightly, but not Developer Edition. I'd guess some compatibility shim stuff didn't make it into Developer Edition or something.

To more fully answer your question, though, and to give a bit of a status report: SALR natively supporting Electrolysis rather than using the shim would be ideal, for sure. So far I've got SALR working as a restartless addon and I've broken up the backend code from our one giant XPCOM component into several modules. After I finish tearing the last remaining bits of browser UI out of the old overlay script and putting them into the new UI module, I'll start looking at how SALR interacts with page content.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

astral posted:

I just tested and the legacy version of SALR works fine under Electrolysis with the compatibility shim in Nightly, but not Developer Edition. I'd guess some compatibility shim stuff didn't make it into Developer Edition or something.

To more fully answer your question, though, and to give a bit of a status report: SALR natively supporting Electrolysis rather than using the shim would be ideal, for sure. So far I've got SALR working as a restartless addon and I've broken up the backend code from our one giant XPCOM component into several modules. After I finish tearing the last remaining bits of browser UI out of the old overlay script and putting them into the new UI module, I'll start looking at how SALR interacts with page content.

I'm awful glad you're in charge of SALR development now, I only understand about half of that & I contributed code to SALR once upon a time! XD

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Tivac posted:

I looked into this some more and it looks like you can just set preference
code:
extensions.interposition.prefetching
to false and SALR should work fine under Developer Edition electrolysis in the meantime.

astral fucked around with this message at 02:25 on May 18, 2015

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Who likes beta testing?

The first pre-release version of restartless SALR is here!
(note: you will not auto-update to this version, but this version will auto-update to the next release version)

pre-release notes posted:

• SALR is now restartless! Note: It takes one final Firefox restart to remove the older version.
  • In-content (tab-based) preferences for SALR are now available! If you are using in-content preferences for your browser, you will be shown in-content preferences for SALR.
  • Worked around "Rap Sheet" link being added by forums javascript in the wrong place for non-platinum users.
  • Hiding a user's avatar in threads no longer causes a page scroll in most cases.
  • Fixed link-to-image conversion of imgur images not respecting thumbnail settings on first load if they might have been subject to the forum imgur bug.
  • Fixed some smilies mistakenly being affected by image-to-link converter.
  • Fixed "Add Coloring/Note" button action not scrolling to the new user in the list.
  • Fixed "Default" buttons not working in General preference pane.
  • Fixed icon not displaying in Add-ons manager if SALR is disabled.
  • Fixed "Time you've spent on the forums" counter not detecting closed tabs properly.
    • If you want to have an accurate count, reset preference 'extensions.salastread.timeSpentOnForums' in about :config.

Please report any issues!

If you encounter some kind of extension- or browser-breaking problem and you want to switch back to the last release version, that's here.

Known issues:
  • Adding coloring/note to a new user while using tab-based preferences doesn't scroll to them - fixed for the next pre-release version.
  • Grenade icon doesn't show up in context menu next to 'SA Last Read Options' - fixed for the next pre-release version.
  • Last run version doesn't get set for fresh installs - fixed for the next pre-release version.
  • Changelog in "About" pane fully collapses with small window sizes so you can't see the changelog. - fixed for the next pre-release version.

astral fucked around with this message at 00:40 on May 20, 2015

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
I'll try it out, my quick reply/quote buttons have been broken since the latest firefox (beta) update so I've got nothing to lose :v:.

e; aww yeah new salr looks good. Quick reply/quote/edit still broken though.

e2; nevermind it was a greasemonkey extension causing the issue.

Dodoman fucked around with this message at 06:53 on May 18, 2015

The Dave
Sep 9, 2003

Woohoo tab preferences!

astral
Apr 26, 2004

The second pre-release version of restartless SALR is here!
(note: you will not auto-update to this version, but this version will auto-update to the next release version)

new since pre-release 1 posted:

• Re-enabled update notifications. There are two styles of update notification; you may change your preference for this (or disable them entirely) in the General pane.
  • Renamed UI for "Hide 'Search Thread' box" preference to "Add 'Search Thread' box".
  • "Show threads with new posts first in the bookmark list" now promotes fully unread threads over fully read threads.
  • SALR no longer adds "Hide/Show Avatar" buttons in threads if "hide all custom titles" preference is active.
  • The page list select box in SALR's forum/thread navigator should now be more readable on Windows platforms and better-sized on Linux. Note: I have no way to test how things look on a Mac, but it should be okay. Please let me know if something went horribly wrong for Mac users.

pre-release 1 notes posted:

• SALR is now restartless! Note: It takes one final Firefox restart to remove the older version.
  • In-content (tab-based) preferences for SALR are now available! If you are using in-content preferences for your browser, you will be shown in-content preferences for SALR.
  • Worked around "Rap Sheet" link being added by forums javascript in the wrong place for non-platinum users.
  • Hiding a user's avatar in threads no longer causes a page scroll in most cases.
  • Fixed link-to-image conversion of imgur images not respecting thumbnail settings on first load if they might have been subject to the forum imgur bug.
  • Fixed "Add Coloring/Note" button action not scrolling to the new user in the list.
  • Fixed "Time you've spent on the forums" counter not detecting closed tabs properly.
    • If you want to have an accurate count, reset preference 'extensions.salastread.timeSpentOnForums' in about :config.

If you encounter some kind of extension- or browser-breaking problem and you want to switch back to the last release version, that's here.

Known issues:
  • If you Quick Edit a post in a bookmarked thread from single post view, SALR unbookmarks the thread (this also happens with older SALR versions). Fixed in the next pre-release version.
  • Toggle Avatar and "Add Coloring/Note" buttons were swapped in the pre-release version. Fixed for the next pre-release version.
  • SALR chokes on threads 'locked for archiving'. This has been fixed for the next pre-release version.

astral fucked around with this message at 06:32 on May 21, 2015

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Third pre-release version of restartless SALR

new since pre-release 2 posted:

• SALR-starring a thread no longer causes an alert message.
  • SALR's other context menu actions' alert messages now only block the current tab instead of the whole browser window.
  • Fixed Quick Edit losing bookmark status for threads if editing posts from Show Single Post view.
  • Fixed SALR failing to work in threads 'locked for archiving'. On a related note, SALR now has some new, more efficient ways of finding forumid/threadid.
  • Bumped the font-size for reply counts in thread list reply columns slightly.
    • Also fixed them looking weird in YOSPOS.
  • Fixed in-archives detection in threads; among other things, this prevents non-working '1' links to single posts from being inserted.
  • Improved the security of Quick Quote/Edit/Post.

pre-release 2 notes posted:

• Re-enabled update notifications. There are two styles of update notification; you may change your preference for this (or disable them entirely) in the General pane.
  • Renamed UI for "Hide 'Search Thread' box" preference to "Add 'Search Thread' box".
  • "Show threads with new posts first in the bookmark list" now promotes fully unread threads over fully read threads.
  • SALR no longer adds "Hide/Show Avatar" buttons in threads if "hide all custom titles" preference is active.
  • The page list select box in SALR's forum/thread navigator should now be more readable on Windows platforms and better-sized on Linux. Note: I have no way to test how things look on a Mac, but it should be okay. Please let me know if something went horribly wrong for Mac users.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
Not sure what's causing this one

code:
SALastRead application err: TypeError: Argument 1 of Node.removeChild is not an object.
It only happens when I load one of the main forums(GBS/SHSC etc.) and not in any of the threads within them.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Fourth pre-release version of restartless SALR

new since pre-release 3 posted:

• Fixed error message appearing in forums with the 'Show threads with new posts first' option enabled (error introduced in pre-release 2)
  • Made in-content preferences more keyboard-friendly: various elements/actions that previously only responded to mouse clicks because their old preference versions did will now respond to keyboard commands as well.
    • Rewrote the UI for the Colors pane color sample table.
  • Enabled conversion of video links to click-to-embed by default.
  • Added UI to enable changing the embeddable link background color in the Colors pane.

pre-release 3 notes posted:

• SALR-starring a thread no longer causes an alert message.
  • SALR's other context menu actions' alert messages now only block the current tab instead of the whole browser window.
  • Fixed Quick Edit losing bookmark status for threads if editing posts from Show Single Post view.
  • Fixed SALR failing to work in threads 'locked for archiving'. On a related note, SALR now has some new, more efficient ways of finding forumid/threadid.
  • Bumped the font-size for reply counts in thread list reply columns slightly.
    • Also fixed them looking weird in YOSPOS.
  • Fixed in-archives detection in threads; among other things, this prevents non-working '1' links to single posts from being inserted.
  • Improved the security of Quick Quote/Edit/Post.

pre-release 2 notes posted:

astral fucked around with this message at 21:20 on May 22, 2015

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

After installing some random unrelated addons, suddenly my Firefox options are in a tab. Didn't explicitly ask for that, but ok, I don't mind either way. What I thought was that SALR would now als show its preferences in a tab, but it doesn't. It's just the same panel as before.

I don't really give a poo poo, but since it's a new feature, I thought you'd like to know. If there's any information you need to help troubleshoot this, let me know. I also might just be completely misunderstanding the concept.

Currently running the version posted above.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Flipperwaldt posted:

After installing some random unrelated addons, suddenly my Firefox options are in a tab. Didn't explicitly ask for that, but ok, I don't mind either way. What I thought was that SALR would now als show its preferences in a tab, but it doesn't. It's just the same panel as before.

I don't really give a poo poo, but since it's a new feature, I thought you'd like to know. If there's any information you need to help troubleshoot this, let me know. I also might just be completely misunderstanding the concept.

Currently running the version posted above.

How are you opening SALR's preferences, through Firefox's add-ons page or the sa menu/toolbar menu/inline SALR Config link? If it's the add-ons page, that one's not hooked up yet. If it's anywhere else, please go to about :config and post the value of "browser.preferences.inContent"

edit: Also, if you upgraded Firefox to version 38, that's what caused your Firefox options to start opening in a tab.

astral fucked around with this message at 22:44 on May 22, 2015

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.
Speaking of that, when I open the preferences using the link in the forum header, the General tab is blank. I have to click on another tab then back for any of the options to show. It works fine opening from the toolbar menu.

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Kassad posted:

Speaking of that, when I open the preferences using the link in the forum header, the General tab is blank. I have to click on another tab then back for any of the options to show. It works fine opening from the toolbar menu.

Good catch; I have that link disabled so I hadn't seen that.
e: fixed for the next pre-release version

astral fucked around with this message at 23:01 on May 22, 2015

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

astral posted:

How are you opening SALR's preferences, through Firefox's add-ons page or the sa menu/toolbar menu/inline SALR Config link? If it's the add-ons page, that one's not hooked up yet. If it's anywhere else, please go to about :config and post the value of "browser.preferences.inContent"

edit: Also, if you upgraded Firefox to version 38, that's what caused your Firefox options to start opening in a tab.
Through the addons page, I'm not using any of the other features where a link to it would be exposed. So that explains that.

Could have sworn I had a couple of days with 38 before the switch happened, but I'm probably mistaken.

I guess it's all as it is supposed to be then.

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Dodoman posted:

Not sure what's causing this one

code:
SALastRead application err: TypeError: Argument 1 of Node.removeChild is not an object.
It only happens when I load one of the main forums(GBS/SHSC etc.) and not in any of the threads within them.

This got fixed in the latest pre-release version :patriot:

astral
Apr 26, 2004

Fifth pre-release version of restartless SALR is a second build for today mainly to fix options-related woes and get some extra testing in for the improved search box.

new since pre-release 4 posted:

• Fixed "Configure SALR" content link loading a blank preference pane
  • The "Options" button for SALR in Firefox's Addons page will now open in-content/tab-based preferences if your browser is set to use tab-based preferences.
  • Changed "Search Forums" SA menu item and in-thread search boxes to use the new forum search since the index for the older one doesn't seem like it's being updated anymore.
    • Misc. small improvements/fixes for the in-thread search box.
  • Enabled SALR mouse gesture navigation for new search.

See previous posts for older notes. Please report any issues!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Can't get the color picker to actually save a color. Clicking ok seems to do pretty much the same thing as cancelling (from a user perspective). In both user colors and thread/post colors.

Even clicking the reset button for the thread/post colors doesn't do anything but warn me it can't be undone. After that colors stay the same old custom colors I had.

• Locked thread